Create Account

New SHL Logo Concept

[Image: YabUbT.png]

Brief
There is no denying that this league has an outdated logo. With such an active league and a blossoming graphics department, I find it a bit embarrassing that we haven't updated our look. I know, change is hard and often challenging, but as this league moves into the future, a common badge should be proudly worn by all members of this community.

Thematic Logos
This logo is a chameleon, it doesn't just represent itself, it represents the league and the colouring acts as such.
The idea is that after every season, on the banner, the logo's colos will change to represent the winner of the previous season. This would add to the prestige of winning the Challenge Cup, now the team not only adorns the forum banner, but their colors get to represent the league for a season.

SHL sometimes fears change but I really like this concept

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

ur sick

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Quote:Originally posted by ml002@Jan 24 2018, 10:07 PM
SHL sometimes fears change but I really like this concept

I think there should be a change, whether it is this or something new, I almost didn't sign up here because I felt the site was a bit ugly. It is honestly a deterrent for many members, and I suspect that if the league adopted an updated visual identity, we would see a surplus is members joining this site.

For many, there is a percieved correlation between how the site looks and how active the site it. I believe changing the logo is a step in the right direction in not only bringing in new members, but also keeping some of the new members who recently create, here longer.

yes

[Image: 6Xj1IWG.png]

Player Page || Update Thread || Signatures

[Image: PoQh1Wx.png] [Image: rmu9FS0.png][Image: VxdFjLy.png][Image: QKcW3J4.png] [Image: RoypPRF.png]

daddy likey

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

That is a sick logo and a change is 100% needed

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

Quote:Originally posted by karey@Jan 25 2018, 12:17 AM

I think there should be a change, whether it is this or something new, I almost didn't sign up here because I felt the site was a bit ugly. It is honestly a deterrent for many members, and I suspect that if the league adopted an updated visual identity, we would see a surplus is members joining this site.

For many, there is a percieved correlation between how the site looks and how active the site it. I believe changing the logo is a step in the right direction in not only bringing in new members, but also keeping some of the new members who recently create, here longer.
Nail. On. The. Head. The site needs a revamp in terms of visuals. The banner at the top of the site awesome, but looks out of place just cause of how the rest of the site looks around it.

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

<a href='index.php?showuser=2873' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-34'>karey</a> you so beautiful

My critic would be that the logo isn't balanced through left and right, as I'm not huge of the empty space between the L and the badge. The thick blue stroke on the font is alright, but yo ushould kill the red stroke and the shiny gradient inside the font.

My tip would be to current font and change it, or custom it. Especially the S where the line width (at the bottom) isn't equal to the line width of the top. I like the concept and the color scheme idea as well.

In a badge, the balance is key and sometime, less is more.

Creative wise, I would start by messing with the font first and get funky with it, and then find a badge concept that would fit the logo font, because in this type of logo ,there's not much to show except for the font work.

However, I would agree that this logo is far superior than the current one and if a change is require, I would go all in in this one.

Quote:Originally posted by karey@Jan 25 2018, 02:06 AM
[Image: YabUbT.png]

[b]Brief

There is no denying that this league has an outdated logo. With such an active league and a blossoming graphics department, I find it a bit embarrassing that we haven't updated our look. I know, change is hard and often challenging, but as this league moves into the future, a common badge should be proudly worn by all members of this community.

Thematic Logos
This logo is a chameleon, it doesn't just represent itself, it represents the league and the colouring acts as such.
The idea is that after every season, on the banner, the logo's colos will change to represent the winner of the previous season. This would add to the prestige of winning the Challenge Cup, now the team not only adorns the forum banner, but their colors get to represent the league for a season.[/b]

yes...and yes

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

I think it's a good logo and work well done, but I would not like to accept this one as the logo for the SHL because sadly it reminds me too much of some other simulation league logos in style!

For example:

[Image: PCw3wLD1Sp6fMhh34GzSVw.png] = [Image: BLfIK8rWQXaKMNM-l-sfDg.png]

Knights - Player Page - Update Page - Knights

[Image: 47963_s.gif]

There is no denying that there are similarities between the VHL and the logo I created. I only realized that once I started colouring it in.

[Image: f2h4oi0f32k6hyu6ytgmksuhl.gif][Image: 9353_maritime_jr_a_hockey_league_-primary-2010.png]
[Image: 350_-canadian_junior_hockey_league-primary-2009.gif]\[Image: asfw835dormoe44jc8b7yp5vl.gif]

As you can see, many logos follow a similar structure, especially when you want something edgy, has the letters HL in it somewhere, and is in the shape of a badge. I agree, it does look like the VHL logo, but is that a bad thing, sure we are competitors as simulation leagues, but the logo is leaps and bounds ahead of what we are currently using.

If somebody wants to create a new logo, please do, but if this remains as the only submission, it should be taken into consideration because at least it is something that isn't the status quo.

The fact that it looks similar to another logo just means we derive the same inspiration from real hockey leagues around the world. If I wanted to be completely different, I could have designed some whack hipster barber shop logo that has no resemblance to the world of hockey.

i agree, tried the same thing a while back Smile

[Image: e3SEWEu.png]

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

@Eggy216. Great designs Karey! Cheers

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43