Create Account

New SHL Logo Concept

Quote:Originally posted by karey@Jan 25 2018, 05:49 AM
There is no denying that there are similarities between the VHL and the logo I created. I only realized that once I started colouring it in.

[Image: f2h4oi0f32k6hyu6ytgmksuhl.gif][Image: 9353_maritime_jr_a_hockey_league_-primary-2010.png]
[Image: 350_-canadian_junior_hockey_league-primary-2009.gif]\[Image: asfw835dormoe44jc8b7yp5vl.gif]

As you can see, many logos follow a similar structure, especially when you want something edgy, has the letters HL in it somewhere, and is in the shape of a badge. I agree, it does look like the VHL logo, but is that a bad thing, sure we are competitors as simulation leagues, but the logo is leaps and bounds ahead of what we are currently using.

If somebody wants to create a new logo, please do, but if this remains as the only submission, it should be taken into consideration because at least it is something that isn't the status quo.

The fact that it looks similar to another logo just means we derive the same inspiration from real hockey leagues around the world. If I wanted to be completely different, I could have designed some whack hipster barber shop logo that has no resemblance to the world of hockey.
Just because it is the only potential logo we could replace the old one with doesn't mean we should use the logo.

Also the neither your logo or the VHL logo particularly resemble the current NHL logos (other than the acronym and the shield), so I don't think the SHL and VHL logos matching is a good thing in this case.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Lets just bomb the VHL and use the SHL. Victory Hockey League wtf :lol:

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Quote:Originally posted by iOBESE@Jan 25 2018, 04:46 AM
I think it's a good logo and work well done, but I would not like to accept this one as the logo for the SHL because sadly it reminds me too much of some other simulation league logos in style!

For example:

[Image: PCw3wLD1Sp6fMhh34GzSVw.png] = [Image: BLfIK8rWQXaKMNM-l-sfDg.png]
lol are you serious? They are vaguely similar in the sense that any logo with a badge is similar to another

Karey these are dope and should be used in my humble opinion

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by tweedledunn@Jan 25 2018, 10:50 AM
i agree, tried the same thing a while back  Smile

[Image: e3SEWEu.png]

i still really like these a lot

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Quote:Originally posted by karey+Jan 25 2018, 10:49 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (karey @ Jan 25 2018, 10:49 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->There is no denying that there are similarities between the VHL and the logo I created. I only realized that once I started colouring it in.

[Image: f2h4oi0f32k6hyu6ytgmksuhl.gif][Image: 9353_maritime_jr_a_hockey_league_-primary-2010.png]
[Image: 350_-canadian_junior_hockey_league-primary-2009.gif]\[Image: asfw835dormoe44jc8b7yp5vl.gif]

As you can see, many logos follow a similar structure, especially when you want something edgy, has the letters HL in it somewhere, and is in the shape of a badge. I agree, it does look like the VHL logo, but is that a bad thing, sure we are competitors as simulation leagues, but the logo is leaps and bounds ahead of what we are currently using.

If somebody wants to create a new logo, please do, but if this remains as the only submission, it should be taken into consideration because at least it is something that isn't the status quo.

The fact that it looks similar to another logo just means we derive the same inspiration from real hockey leagues around the world. If I wanted to be completely different, I could have designed some whack hipster barber shop logo that has no resemblance to the world of hockey.[/b]

Well that is just looking for reasons why we should use your creation. I was just pointing out, that no matter what was the reason for creating such similar logo to our competitor league, its is not a good choice however desperate we would be for some changes.

Quote:Originally posted by tweedledunn@Jan 25 2018, 03:50 PM<br />i agree, tried the same thing a while back&nbsp; Smile

[Image: e3SEWEu.png]

These are really nice.

<!--QuoteBegin-dankoa@Jan 25 2018, 03:57 PM

lol are you serious? They are vaguely similar in the sense that any logo with a badge is similar to another

Karey these are dope and should be used in my humble opinion
[/quote]

Very serious! Im not talking just about the shield but the text shape and edges of it and the shadowing. Its waaay too similar!

Knights - Player Page - Update Page - Knights

[Image: 47963_s.gif]

Ilike

Can we please make this a reality?

[Image: giphy.gif]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
ShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUk
Player Page || Update Page

Might as well do an SMJHL logo/shield while we're at it. Wink

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

y are u so gud

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: qp9sjzw.png] [Image: QPhJjnn.png] [Image: cz7Q1LV.png] [Image: RapExQb.png] [Image: sXGJ3Yn.png]
-----
[Image: aasdAwo.png]

Canada Update Thread | Player Page Canada

Karey these are amazing

God please change the current logo it's so garbage

Quote:Originally posted by ArGarBarGar@Jan 25 2018, 07:54 AM

Just because it is the only potential logo we could replace the old one with doesn't mean we should use the logo.

Also the neither your logo or the VHL logo particularly resemble the current NHL logos (other than the acronym and the shield), so I don't think the SHL and VHL logos matching is a good thing in this case.

Well it's been four years since somebody made an attempt to create a new logo, I don't see many people jumping to create a solution to this issue. So yeah, maybe we wait for the perfect logo but who knows how long that will take.

HO should organize a logo contest that the website votes on for which is the best, should be a money prize as well IMO

Quote:Originally posted by Samee@Jan 25 2018, 02:46 PM
HO should organize a logo contest that the website votes on for which is the best, should be a money prize as well IMO

These by karey are pretty nice though

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Quote:Originally posted by Coach Biz@Jan 25 2018, 01:50 PM

These by karey are pretty nice though
No for sure they are - but imo if we're gonna look for a new logo we should be looking at multiple submissions you know, find what might be the best.

Quote:Originally posted by Samee@Jan 25 2018, 10:53 AM

No for sure they are - but imo if we're gonna look for a new logo we should be looking at multiple submissions you know, find what might be the best.

I agree, this is the best course of action to go with.

Nice! Like them alot

Stampede Citadelles  [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]  Citadelles Stampede
[Image: goilers.gif]