Create Account

New SHL Logo Concept

The site could definitely use some fresh graphics, and this design by Karey is a big upgrade for sure. As he and Samee pointed out, opening this to a contest would be the best idea for finding a new logo. However, I don't think this should be a public vote, or at least not decided by one, this seems like an owner decision.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

These are amazing. I really like that you are taking a step into changing how SHL looks for someone who just visited this page for the first time and of course for the community because the old logo is seriously outdated. Graphic design can draw some people in as well as push them away.

[Image: 32882_s.gif]

Oliver Pettyfer / Isaac Cormier Hale / Eva Lykke Aparjode

Quote:Originally posted by Grapehead@Jan 25 2018, 11:19 AM
The site could definitely use some fresh graphics, and this design by Karey is a big upgrade for sure. As he and Samee pointed out, opening this to a contest would be the best idea for finding a new logo. However, I don't think this should be a public vote, or at least not decided by one, this seems like an owner decision.

Or at least have a vote so the owners can see public opinion but internally have the power to decide.

Quote:Originally posted by tweedledunn@Jan 25 2018, 07:50 AM
i agree, tried the same thing a while back  Smile

[Image: e3SEWEu.png]

Yeah these are awesome, so clean and neat. I would love this to be the new identity.

Let's do more contests. Logo would be a great one.

Let's also see if there's a better solution than jcink...

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Beaujeaux@Jan 25 2018, 02:50 PM
Let's do more contests. Logo would be a great one.

Let's also see if there's a better solution than jcink...
Tez says they’ve been discussing purchasing an IPB v4 license and recognizes that jcink isn’t the SHL’s forever home

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn@Jan 25 2018, 02:58 PM

Tez says they’ve been discussing purchasing an IPB v4 license and recognizes that jcink isn’t the SHL’s forever home
moving to IPB would be amazing for the site in so many ways... makes the league look a hella lot attractive aswell

The ones that Tweedle did are sick. No offense to the OP, I just like how clean Dunn's are.

[Image: tZTGSGj.png]
[Image: 2AFxw6o.png]

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn@Jan 25 2018, 02:58 PM

that'd be dope af, fellow cool kids

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Quote:Originally posted by tweedledunn@Jan 25 2018, 10:50 AM
i agree, tried the same thing a while back  Smile

[Image: e3SEWEu.png]

The logo should emphasize more on the font and the message it gives. at the moment, it doesn't give much info on what the league is. Its a plain bebas font in a badge. We couldn't tell what it is about at first sight. The only hint it gives us is our conception of a sports badge, but other than that, not much.

Anyway, I think its a step in the right direction and the league should open a contest for that.

Quote:Originally posted by boubabi@Jan 25 2018, 02:53 PM

The logo should emphasize more on the font and the message it gives. at the moment, it doesn't give much info on what the league is. Its a plain bebas font in a badge. We couldn't tell what it is about at first sight.

brb creating the 'shl thunderdome' font comprised of lightning bolts and broken hockey sticks

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

the real branding pickle here is having a squigly S and a straight H and L
we either gotta get creative with the font choice or switch to the XXXHL

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by boubabi@Jan 25 2018, 01:53 PM

The logo should emphasize more on the font and the message it gives. at the moment, it doesn't give much info on what the league is. Its a plain bebas font in a badge. We couldn't tell what it is about at first sight. The only hint it gives us is our conception of a sports badge, but other than that, not much.

Anyway, I think its a step in the right direction and the league should open a contest for that.

Current logo doesn’t really scream hockey either though?

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Keygan@Jan 25 2018, 04:39 PM

Current logo doesn’t really scream hockey either though?

the current logo isn't good either

Maybe this is because I'm a hockey fan but... I always found it super cheesy that the MLB, NBA, and NFL all have some object of the sport in the logo. There's really no situation where our logo is going to stand on its own and confuse the fuck out of people, so I don't think it needs to have a puck or a stick or anything like that, and beyond those options I don't know how else you make the logo tell people what it is.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia