Create Account

New SHL Logo Concept

it's not about having a stick or a puck, it's about having a design that's unique and helps create an identity to the website.

I like this, it's about time we upgraded the look of the site tbh. New logo, new skin, new forum organization.

[Image: ivanovamin.png]
Player Page - Update Thread

I like this a lot, my only critique on the logos is the slight angle it has on the text and on the shield. I think it should either be flat across to give it a classic look or much steeper to give it a more unique look, I would go with the sharper angle personally.

[Image: eyM9Y3U.png]

[Image: 2gotrRl.png]

Quote:Originally posted by boubabi@Jan 25 2018, 03:41 PM

the current logo isn't good either

yeah I was trying to add it to our admirals jersey redesign a few seasons back and couldn't bring myself to, that serif font LOL

so I did a new one - kept the (lack of) colors and a star - slapped it on our jersey at it was glorious

then as a plus, same as <a href='index.php?showuser=2873' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-34'>karey</a> - with something simple you can easily color them all for multiple team jerseys, I thought it was cool when the MLS did it a few years back

in hindsight I'd switch some of the color team combos around, but I didn't get a lot of feedback and forgot all about it

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Copenhagen@Jan 25 2018, 01:56 PM
I like this, it's about time we upgraded the look of the site tbh. New logo, new skin, new forum organization.

I'm happy this discussion is coming to a front. This logo is a catalyst of discussion which is the perfect outcome.

I am not overly happy with the logo I created but it is my second ever logo creation, <a href='index.php?showuser=940' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>boubabi</a> hit the nail on the head with his critique and I have definitely taken it into consideration.

The best course of action is to have the owners sit down and have a town hall meeting where they discuss how to better the site aesthetically. If that means having a donation drive because we want to self host, i am sure many of us are happy to contribute if the plan of action is underway.

The owners should decide if this is something that they are willing to do. And following, we should have a logo contest and decide on the identity.

Quote:Originally posted by karey@Jan 25 2018, 05:10 PM

I'm happy this discussion is coming to a front. This logo is a catalyst of discussion which is the perfect outcome.

I am not overly happy with the logo I created but it is my second ever logo creation, <a href='index.php?showuser=940' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>boubabi</a> hit the nail on the head with his critique and I have definitely taken it into consideration.

The best course of action is to have the owners sit down and have a town hall meeting where they discuss how to better the site aesthetically. If that means having a donation drive because we want to self host, i am sure many of us are happy to contribute if the plan of action is underway.

The owners should decide if this is something that they are willing to do. And following, we should have a logo contest and decide on the identity.

don't get me wrong, I suck at logo making and it isn't my strength at all, but it really takes practice to make perfect. What I would recommend you is to take a marker and a sheet of paper and just take 20 minutes to draw concepts. Whatever comes to your mind rly. Most of it wouldn't won't be good, I ensure you, but maybe you'll get the creative idea to get sometime

This afternoon, I tried just to draw some ''S'' and ''H'' for fun and see what kind of concept there could be and I ended up with this

[Image: dNmUEm7.jpg]
[Image: NjvzLMu.jpg]
[Image: 5IL321l.jpg]
[Image: HoFL37d.jpg]
[Image: MGvCCoY.jpg]

most of them are garbage, but it might spark another idea afterward. whenever you are happy with a concept, go on either illustrator or PS (I strongly recommend Illustrator) and just try to get something creative from it

That's my honest opinion.

I am still partial to Brandon's logo way back when.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Quote:Originally posted by boubabi@Jan 25 2018, 02:32 PM

don't get me wrong, I suck at logo making and it isn't my strength at all, but it really takes practice to make perfect. What I would recommend you is to take a marker and a sheet of paper and just take 20 minutes to draw concepts. Whatever comes to your mind rly. Most of it wouldn't won't be good, I ensure you, but maybe you'll get the creative idea to get sometime

This afternoon, I tried just to draw some ''S'' and ''H'' for fun and see what kind of concept there could be and I ended up with this

[Image: dNmUEm7.jpg]
[Image: NjvzLMu.jpg]
[Image: 5IL321l.jpg]
[Image: HoFL37d.jpg]
[Image: MGvCCoY.jpg]

most of them are garbage, but it might spark another idea afterward. whenever you are happy with a concept, go on either illustrator or PS (I strongly recommend Illustrator) and just try to get something creative from it

That's my honest opinion.

I start off with paper every time, this logo in particular was a hand made font from shapes with shape builder. Problem is, I had an idea in the forefront of my mind and just went from there without having the time to continue to build the idea.

Also, I think you almost created the swastika in your last attempt. Haha.
I'm literally going back to the drawing board for a v2

These are so much better than every single one of the new logos in the contest. Hands down.

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

12-05-2019, 12:44 AMTnlAstatine Wrote: These are so much better than every single one of the new logos in the contest. Hands down.

ok luffy we get it

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

12-05-2019, 01:08 AMBDonini Wrote:
12-05-2019, 12:44 AMTnlAstatine Wrote: These are so much better than every single one of the new logos in the contest. Hands down.

ok luffy we get it

i liked yours the most tbh

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

Why isn’t @karey logo being used. What in the fuck

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

12-22-2019, 05:33 PMSimply Incorrect Wrote: Why isn’t @karey  logo being used. What in the fuck

Because Teddys logo won the vote.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Big fan of this logo, nice work

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

12-22-2019, 05:39 PMスウェグキング Wrote:
12-22-2019, 05:33 PMSimply Incorrect Wrote: Why isn’t @karey  logo being used. What in the fuck

Because Teddys logo won the vote.

Was everyone fucking blind that day?

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.