Create Account

S39 Championship Week

THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND DOWNS. IT IS NOT FOR SMJHL ROOKIES.

Championship Week is back as the Panthers take on the Chiefs in the Challenge Cup Final!

Each of the following tasks will be worth 3 uncapped TPE. You can do a maximum of FOUR tasks for a total of TWELVE uncapped TPE. There is also a bonus question (concerning the Challenge Cup finals specifically) worth 1 uncapped TPE. Feel free to do more than four tasks, but you won't get the credit for anything over four.

[Note: All tasks that are not league-specific can be written/designed for either the SHL or the SMJHL playoffs.]

Code:
TASK ONE: There are two options for this task.

If you are a player in the Challenge/Four Star Cup: How is your player feeling for the Finals? Are they nervous or excited? Are they ready? Write at least 150 words about the few days before the beginning of the Finals for your player and how they prepared for the series.

If not: How has your player kicked off their offseason? Are they traveling? Meeting up with friends and partying? Following the games? Write at least 150 words about the beginning of your player’s offseason. Must include at least one other player.

Code:
TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S39 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.

Code:
TASK THREE: Create a championship graphic featuring the matchup of the Finals. Must include both team names, both team logos, a representation of S39, and one additional recognition of each team (team colors, a render, etc.)
(Example)

Code:
TASK FOUR: Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals. Send the answers to me by forum PM. Please make the subject of the message “CW Word Scramble” or something along those lines. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

waxiaamrinmhceilt

eilrruasstgeglnht

thcaenmhnigscneru    

nalzgaoaronzbo

Code:
TASK FIVE: In good fun, your team decides to design one of the Finals goalies a new helmet for the series and send it to him for good luck. Create the design that you and your team would come up with. Must include a goalie helmet (from any angle), either the goalie’s team colors or his logo represented, and at least one additional distinct images as part of the design.
(Example)

Code:
TASK SIX: Finals series always show surprises. Who will have to stand out the most from each team in order to win it? Make a prediction for potential series MVPs. Must be at least 150 words and mention at least one player from each team.

Code:
TASK SEVEN:  Come up with a playoff-related slogan and design an advertising banner outside of one of the host arenas for the finals. Aside from the slogan, must include the team logo of the city where this would be displayed, as well as some representation of the team itself (for example, in the image given, the bear on the side).

(Example)

Code:
TASK EIGHT: Design the championship banner for the S39 Challenge Cup. Must include team logo, team name, and at least one render.

Bonus question: Who scores the Cup-winning goal? (NOTE: This question will be graded at the conclusion of the winning-game sim of the Challenge Cup Finals, even if that happens before the conclusion of Championship Week.)

Deadline: Thursday, March 15th, at 7 PM EST.

Any questions/concerns, please PM me directly.

[Image: shlpris41.gif]
sig credits
[Image: FJ4Sjuj.png] |[Image: apAE8qn.png] | [Image: uEsOaLl.png]
[Image: 2dtdoyf.png]
Former affiliates: raiders Jets Stars

If you are a player in the Challenge/Four Star Cup: How is your player feeling for the Finals? Are they nervous or excited? Are they ready? Write at least 150 words about the few days before the beginning of the Finals for your player and how they prepared for the series.

If not: How has your player kicked off their offseason? Are they traveling? Meeting up with friends and partying? Following the games? Write at least 150 words about the beginning of your player’s offseason. Must include at least one other player.

I was pretty disappointed when the Hamilton Steelhawks and myself lost in the first round of the playoffs to the New England Wolfpack, but I couldn't let that slow me down. Instead of taking a break this summer I have doubled down on my training regiment. The reason? Free agency.

This will be the biggest offseason of my career as it dictates where I will finish off my career most likely. If this is to be the start of the end of my career I want to be in the best shape and play the best hockey of my life.

Aside from the training I have been trying to do as much research into potential cities I may end up living in if I end up moving. The SHL is in a ton of beautiful and interesting cities which could all be potential fits at this time. Now that my team is out of the playoffs I just want the season to be over with so I can make my decision.

171 words

TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S39 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.

My choice for unsung hero of the S39 SHL playoffs is none other than Los Angeles Panthers resident goon, Danny Foster.

Foster is having an impressive post season so far, having put up 9 points in only 8 games. Along with his unusual scoring touch that he seems to have acquired, his physical game hasn't taken a step back. With 36 hits so far he sits in third place for hits given and is first among the players who haven't hit the golf course yet.

Foster sits third in scoring for defenders, and only a few points behind veteran Alonzo Garbonzo. Where did this sudden scoring touch come from? No one is quite sure but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets tested for doping here soon. Either way, doping or not, Danny Foster is having quite the post season and that is why I have chosen him as my unsung hero.

152 words

TASK SIX: Finals series always show surprises. Who will have to stand out the most from each team in order to win it? Make a prediction for potential series MVPs. Must be at least 150 words and mention at least one player from each team.

So I'm not sure if one of these guys would be a surprise MVP but here are my predictions none the less. Alonzo Garbonzo for the Minnesota Chiefs and Danny Foster from the Los Angeles Panthers.

Garbonzo is a grizzled vet with tons of SHL experience and his fair share of playoff experience to boot, so no one will be shocked if he is crowned MVP of the playoffs, win or lose. That doesn't mean the award will be gifted to him as there are tons of deserving players on both ends of the ice. If he continues with his calm presence on the back end and puts up points like he has been though he has a good chance.

Danny Foster on the other hand would be more of a surprise if he takes home the hardware. He is generally known as a goon but has been putting up points this series at an impressive pace. Can he keep it up and show the world that goons can score too? Only time will tell.

175 words

TASK FOUR: Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals. Send the answers to me by forum PM. Please make the subject of the message “CW Word Scramble” or something along those lines. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

PM’d

Bonus: Eric Pelletier

Task One:

Thè Dude is playing for the St. Louis Scarecrows in the SMJHL's Four Star Cup Final. Dude is a cool cucumber and is not nervous about the games themselves. He wants his team to win, of course, but he tries to keep a level head. The series preceding the finals have been a tough one, for sure. The Prince George Firebirds did a good job of wearing out the Scarecrows and Dude is feeling that still. There's some concern he has a nagging injury as he's been in a small amount of constant pain while on the ice, but this may be his last shot at the Four Star Cup so he's been playing through it. He knows he'll play his hardest regardless and one thing is for sure that the St. Louis Scarecrows won't go down without a tough fight. Not many other emotions are going through Dude's head.

Code:
150 words

Task Two:

My choice for unsung hero in these playoffs would have to be Joakim Lindqvist. Lindqvist has always been a strong second line center. Great defensively, good in the faceoff circle, good offensively. Up until this point through the regular season, however, Lindqvist is not a big name. He only put up 28 points through 50 games, so he's not seen as the biggest threat on the ice by the opposing teams. In these two series, though, he put up 11 points in 13 games! He had an impressive 20% shot percentage and a stellar 58.70% FO%! This was an excellent way to close out his last season playing professional hockey as Lindqvist is stepping out of the spotlight to focus on his personal life. I'm excited he got to win a cup in his last season and I know that's something he'll cherish. I know we will all miss him. <a href='index.php?showuser=2637' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>flatman25</a>

Code:
150 words

Task Four:

Done

Task Six:

The Vancouver Whalers do not need a lot that they do not already have. They had a strong series in the second round against the Colorado Mammoths and they are receiving help from all areas of their roster. I predict Gabriel Wong will win Playoff MVP for the Vancouver Whalers. He is a big contributor both in the regular season and the post season and he centers a very strong first line.

The St. Louis Scarecrows have had a troubling beginning to their playoff run against the Prince George Firebirds. They squeaked through the second round in seven games, but there were no strong contributions. It seemed they relied heavily on depth as the scoring was pretty spread out. I'd hope to see more from their defense that was so deadly through the regular season but is totally flat here in the post season. I predict DeMaricus Smyth will win Playoff MVP for St. Louis. DeMaricus Smyth just had a breakout season for his sophomore year and I expect that success to carry over to the post season.

Code:
178 words

Bonus Question:

Max Wachter

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]
[Image: duderino.gif]

Clint Eastwood, Jun 10 2018,  09:36 AM Wrote:Can't buy love, but love can buy a lot.

The unsung hero of this post season is easily Los Angeles Panther forward Sophia Bennett. Anyone who's followed her career from Vancouver to Los Angeles knows how talented she is on the ice. Bennett jumped to the SHL in S37 and has taken a step forward each season.. Here in S39 Sophia began knocking on the door of stardom with a 17 goal 35 point regular season ..and by the looks of it Sophia kicked that door open on opening night of the playoffs where she scored a goal and a assist on 7 shots against the Calgary Dragons! Bennett was an ingrediant that Calgary wasnt expecting nor could handle and for all intensive purposes was the MVP of that series.... Sophia Bennett currently leads all players in the post season with 7 goals and 13 points .. shes also at the top of the league in plus/minus, shots, points per 20 minutes, game tying and power play goals!

One of the areas i am going to pay close attention too is the power forward position and the match up between Max Wachter (LAP) and Johnathan Lundberg (MIN)... for a guy like me this match up is as good as it gets!... These guys are mirror images of each other. Lundberg came into post season with 39 points and 201 hits while Wachter boasts a 43 point 220 hit season. Both players have the same job out there.. Hit people and pry the puck away, clear room for there line mates and protect there players. and these are 2 of the leagues best at doing this... the player that does a better job of imposing there will on the ice this series could be the differance maker in a Challenge Cup Championship and the MVP award.

Im also looking at abrasive defenseman Danny Foster. I would have called Foster a goon or an enforcer last season but i dont think thats the case any longer. Foster ended with 183 hits, 52 blocked shots 29 points on a 12.77 shooting percentage in the regular season...in the playoffs hes been even better with 9 points 36 hits and 10 blocked shots in just 8 games. These numbers suggest that Fosters causing problems for opposing teams as well as opposing game plans, and if he can limit his penalties to 1 per game hes got a chance of being a prominant figure in a panthers championship.

1 last player im watching is Halfdan Thorstein who in my opinion is 1 of the most talented and under utilized players in the SHL. I feel like Minnesota has gotten to the challenge cup knowing they can get allot more production from Thorstein if they highlighted him more. in a way hes a secret weapon out there if they need him to be. If Thorstein emerges as a point producing threat in this series he can be a differance maker towards that cup.

TASK SEVEN: Come up with a playoff-related slogan and design an advertising banner outside of one of the host arenas for the finals. Aside from the slogan, must include the team logo of the city where this would be displayed, as well as some representation of the team itself (for example, in the image given, the bear on the side).

[Image: nPhTv0D.png]

TASK THREE: Create a championship graphic featuring the matchup of the Finals. Must include both team names, both team logos, a representation of S39, and one additional recognition of each team (team colors, a render, etc.)

[Image: 3Fy7lTD.png]

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Quote:Task 1: How has your player kicked off their offseason? Are they traveling? Meeting up with friends and partying? Following the games? Write at least 150 words about the beginning of your player’s offseason. Must include at least one other player.
After a heartbreaking Game 7 loss to the St. Louis Scarecrows, I was pretty devastated as I was really hoping to get to another final and have a chance to go back to back, but it just wasn't in the cards and we lost to a great team. The next day, I got the call that I was getting the chance to represent my home of Austria and had to get on a plane to join practice before the warm up tour started. Probably the best part is that we practice in my home city of Vienna, so I get to visit my family for the first time in a while. Some of my teammates are already here as they too were eliminated, and we got some awesome news from Coach Izzy. Richard Physt, a good friend and teammate in Toronto, would be joining the Austrian team and to say I was excited would be an understatement. Physt will be a great addition for the future and Austria is really starting to look like it could be a powerhouse in the coming tournaments.

Quote:TASK FOUR: Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals. Send the answers to me by forum PM. Please make the subject of the message “CW Word Scramble” or something along those lines. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]
Pm'd

Quote:TASK SIX: Finals series always show surprises. Who will have to stand out the most from each team in order to win it? Make a prediction for potential series MVPs. Must be at least 150 words and mention at least one player from each team.
For Los Angeles, the player that will need to play the best will be Timo Haas. This is his swan song and he'll want to go out on top, and when you have a chance to end it as a champion you have to seize it. Plus, this isn't a super high scoring LA team, and Minnesota has some of the most dangerous forwards in the game. Haas will have to be the best player for LA to get the Challenge Cup. For Minnesota, they will need the best from their talisman in Lord Pretty Flacko, and he has been special so far in the playoffs. Arguably the best player in the league, Flacko needs to prove it now that he has the stage set for greatness. If I had to pick one to end up being the series MVP, it would be Flacko, because I think Minny have the firepower to overload LA and take this series to Haas.

Quote:TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S39 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.
I think unsung hero for the playoffs would be the former Fin and current Irish goaltender Olli Koivu for Minnesota. This is a tough call as there are so many players having great playoffs, but I think the goaltenders can be underrepresented in things like this. He is playing behind a great attack, but his ability in goal allows his teammates the freedom to take risks and can save them if caught out on the break. He has been near the top of all of the goaltending stats so far in the playoffs, and really is showing how great he can be for Minnesota. Goalies are usually not given the right amount of credit for their contributions in the SHL, but I think Koivu has been shining behind a stunning attack for Minnesota and his play will cement their place at the top of the SHL for this season at the very least.

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

Task 1

After getting bounced in the first round I decided to take the extra offseason time to relax and visit friends. First I flew out to San Francisco to visit my good friend Clint Eastwood. As the Pride missed the playoffs he was already home and relaxing himself. We played some chel and caught some games and even through a party one night for any Pride and Dragon's players who wanted to show. We had the non alcoholic beer ready for Lombardi.

After hanging with him a little while and waiting I was finally able to go and visit Oisin Fletcher up in New England after the Wolfpack got eliminated. We mostly caught up as we're on opposite sides of the continent for most of the season and discussed what we would be working on in the offseason to help our game and teams even more the next season. Plan is for us to meet in the finals.
157 words

Task 2

My choice for the unsung hero of the playoffs in Mattias Holmberg from the Minnesota Chiefs. While he doesn't have a ton of points at only 6 I think his other stats help show his value to the team and really cements him as unsung. While +/- is a team stat and is fairly arbitrary I do think it shows somewhat how good someone is playing defensively. Holmberg leads the Chiefs with a +4 through the 2nd round (barring updated stats for finals). He also leads the Chiefs in shots blocked at 16 of those bad boys. He has the second highest penalty kill minutes on the team so far and he's also contributing on the power play as 2 of his 6 points have come with the man advantage. He's very quietly put together a solid playoffs so far and has definitely earned his first pairing status. So for his team play and solid defense I have to give Holmberg my unsung hero choice.
161 words

Task 8

[Image: Minny_Banner.png]

Task 4 Submitted.

Bonus Question: Lord Pretty Flacko

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

Well I’m feeling pretty nervous considering this is my first season ever making the playoffs in the SHL, this has been one of the craziest/funnest times I’ve had in this league already and I’m glad I got the opportunity to get this far with my panthers. I feel like the playoffs brought us all closer than what we already were and I feel like this has been a huge part as to the success we’ve had. Even though I’m nervous I’m still really really excited to get this series underway. We are all well rested and had plenty of time to relax before the series against the Winnipeg Jets and I think that really helped us. I feel ready for this series and if we can continue playing as strong as we have been I think we can really do it. It’s going to be our toughest series thus far however were ready for the challenge and can’t wait to get things going.
Code:
163 Words
My choice for the unsung hero so far in the playoffs is Danny Foster from the Los Angeles Panthers. He has been killing it so far this season and came into the playoffs firing hot. Sure he doesn’t score the most goals but he has been a huge part of the success on the team right now he has been a big part of our special teams as well. He plays a VERY physical game one of the best enforcers the league has seen but so far in these playoffs he’s been able to get points and also play a physical game which is helping the panthers out quite a bit. He has 36 hits and 24 pims in 8 games played and is over a point per game with 9 points. I think if he’s able to keep producing points and playing his game the way he has been the last couple of games… minus a few pims here and there… the panthers will have a great shot at capturing the Challenge Cup.
Code:
174 Words
TASK FOUR: Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals. Send the answers to me by PM. Please make the subject of the message “” or something along those lines. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]
-Done

I think the players that have to stand out the most is the goaltenders from both teams, they have both been putting on a fantastic show for the fans so far into this series. Sure players like Jean-Luc Reflieux, Sophia Bennett, Terrance Nova and Sebastian Strange also have a great shot at series MVPS but looking at the stats if I had to choose it would be the goalies. Timo Haas has been a brick wall for the Los Angeles Panthers. Over 8 games he went 7 wins and 1 loss with a very impressive 0.941 PCT and 1.89 GAA. The panthers have played very well defensively but it’s been Haas who has been having the best show thus far. Olli O’Koivu has been one of the best player on the chiefs right from the start, he has 7 wins and 1 loss in 8 games played, a PCT of 0.910 and 2.68, not as great as Haas but still very very close. I think the series will definitely be a battle between the goalies and I can’t wait to get things started.
Code:
183 Words

Bonus question: Who scores the Cup-winning goal?
Jean-Luc Reflieux Panthers

Stampede Citadelles  [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]  Citadelles Stampede
[Image: goilers.gif]

Code:

Tatu Makela has spent this portion of the offseason back in Finland with his uncle, Kaapo Kekkonen. They're both training together and spending some time with his great uncle, Kari Kekkonen, who is Tatu's General Manager in Buffalo. He's currently scouting in Finland and preparing for the upcoming S40 SHL Draft.

Makela said he plans to travel back to North America soon to get back to training with Connor Blackwell in Detroit. The two Falcons are expected to be called up to their respective SHL franchises, neither of which is very far from Detroit. While Blackwell is working towards becoming an immediate impact player on a playoff team, Makela is working towards being able to handle large minutes on a team that isn't quite yet out of the bottom of the East. Tatu may not find himself in the playoffs right away, but he'll have plenty of ice time and opportunities to cement himself as a cornerstone player for the Stampede.

Code:

Pedro Sarantez is the unsung hero of the S39 playoffs for the Minnesota Chiefs. Sarantez in his old age has been relegated to a 3rd line role, but he's scored 6 points in 8 games thus far for the Chiefs, good enough for 5th among forwards. He's also put 20 shots on goal, more than Lord Pretty Flacko. Sarantez has only 5 penalty minutes in these playoffs, and that was for a fight in which he stood his ground and resulted in a draw. Sarantez has a game winning goal under his belt, which game in Game 2 of the second round of the playoffs against the New England Wolfpack. This victory gave the Chiefs a commanding 2-0 series lead against the Wolfpack which proved to be insurmountable.

Code:

waxiaamrinmhceilt

eilrruasstgeglnht

thcaenmhnigscneru    

nalzgaoaronzbo

PM sent.

Code:

For the Los Angeles Panthers, their franchise goaltender Timo Haas will have to be at the top of his game. Minnesota's offence is deadly and Los Angeles at times struggles to score. Haas needs to come into each game focused and ready to keep the score low. The Panthers wouldn't likely be able to keep up with the Chiefs in a back-and-forth track meet type of game. For them to have success in this series, it's important that they play a defensively responsible game and grind it out Western Conference style.

For the Minnesota Chiefs it's important that former Panther, Sebastian Strange, is playing like the league-MVP caliber player that he is. When Sebastian is on his game, he's the most physical player on the ice and the most dangerous with the puck on his stick. If he can score some clutch goals against Haas and the ragtag Panthers defense then the Chiefs should be able to ride their secondary scoring to a Challenge Cup victory.

Bonus Question: Lord Pretty Flacko

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Task #1: (167 words)
After rounding out his rookie season, Zajac decided to go visit a few old friends, as a sort of catching up road trip. Unknown to him, his old teammate Finn Kruger came to visit him first. The two of them spent the day catching up on how their seasons went, as well as exploring what else Seattle has to offer in terms of hospitality. After Kruger left to visit some old teammates of his, Zajac went to the nearest airport and went on a trip across the country. He went to Colorado to visit his alma mater junior team, the Colorado Mammoths, and caught up with old teammates and GMs. After Colorado, he took a trip to Prince George to visit his cup-winning teammates from the previous season. After those two trips, he went back to Seattle to finally settle down, and talk with his GMs about a potential contract extension for the upcoming seasons. Zajac is confident he’ll be competing for the Challenge Cup eventually, though.

Task #2: (154 words)
There could be a few unsung heroes from the season 39 playoffs. One player who’s truly having a year to remember is Chiefs left winger Sebastian Strange. Racking up a total of 17 points throughout Minnesota’s run (9 goals/8 assists), he’s truly settling in to become a staple of Minnesota’s offense. Along with his point production, he’s also killer in the faceoff dot. With a faceoff percentage of 57.68, Strange can truly be considered the face of the Chiefs’ offense. On the opposing team, goaltender Timo Haas has been doing great things in the Los Angeles goal in (potentially) his final SHL season. Although the Panthers ended up losing in the finals, Haas posted a 10-5-1 record with a 0.917 save percentage, and a 2.59 goals against average. The Panthers managed to find a nice balance of offense and goaltending throughout their playoff run, and Haas has definitely helped them out on multiple occasions.

Task #3:
[Image: Te8AhlQ.png]

Task #4: PM'd.

[Image: leblaVa.gif]
Shoutout to @adamantium for the sig! <3

pH, because im basic

Task 1:

DeMaricus Smyth is hyped about being in the Four Star Cup Finals. Demaricus invited some of his friends from across the SMJHL to come watch the Crows take on the Whalers. His fist brother, from another hand? Richard Physt, flew into St. Louis for games 1 & 2 and the boys haven't gotten an opportunity kick it much with Smyth preparing for the Cup Finals. He was just happy that his homie was here to cheer on the Crow and take down the Whalers, who booted Physt's team via sweep in the first round. Smyth knows that this series isn't going to be a repeat of the matchup between the two teams in the first round of the S38 Four Star Cup Playoffs, so he is pushing his linemates Jensen and Lavelle to make sure to keep their compete up. In the second round, STLs first set of games, Smyth scored two goals and tallied three assists. He assisted on the GTG and scored the GWG in game 1.

TASK 3:
Create a championship graphic featuring the matchup of the Finals. Must include both team names, both team logos, a representation of S39, and one additional recognition of each team (team colors, a render, etc.)

[Image: FJasyjY.png]

Task 4:
Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals. Send the answers to me by forum PM. Please make the subject of the message “CW Word Scramble” or something along those lines.

PM'd

TASK 5:
In good fun, your team decides to design one of the Finals goalies a new helmet for the series and send it to him for good luck. Create the design that you and your team would come up with. Must include a goalie helmet (from any angle), either the goalie’s team colors or his logo represented, and at least one additional distinct images as part of the design.

[Image: 5Xlgbt4.png]

Series winning goal: Fedor Shriobokov

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

TASK ONE: My player has been hanging out with Samee Iqbal. We have been scouting hard to determine who we will be drafting, to bring us ever closer to the promised land aka the playoffs. However, we seem to have gotten off track one day and discussion ended up going towards retirement. "Wouldn't it be nice to just retire?" I said. Samee replied, "You know, it would be. I'm going to make an announcement." "Wait what?" And now as you've found out, Samee has retired. Leaving me to my own devices. Now, our team will rely heavily on myself, Louie, Alex, and Brett. I feel like we can still get the job done, but you know....it'll be tough. I have faith in our young defence, but they'll need help to begin with. Maybe we can keep Samee's dead body for a while. Oh wait, no we can't....he traded himself to Hamilton for nothing.

Code:
151 words

TASK TWO: I'm giving unsung hero to Danny Foster. I think enforcers don't get the attention they deserve. The attention they normally get is just "oh look, he's tough". But let's dive in and see what they actually do for the team. First, they are scary people. You don't wanna piss them off, unless you want hands thrown at you. Second, you don't wanna do someone on their team wrong. For similar reasons, you'll get hands thrown. Guaranteed. Because of this, players tend to behave on the ice. Your stars aren't worried about getting bodied too bad. In Foster's case, he's also thrown 64 hits in 16 games. What the shit. That's a lot of bodies being bounced around the ice. He's also chipped in with 9 assists, showing he's got good hockey instincts. He's also chipped in for a goal, showing that brick hands used for fighting can be soft at times.

Code:
151 words

TASK FOUR: Sent

TASK SIX: I think it's pretty obvious who needs to stand out for Los Angeles. Actually, who needs to stand on his head would be the better phrase. Timo Haas HAS to be as outstanding as he was during the regular season if the Panthers are going to stand a chance. That's not to say they don't have any good players, but Minnesota is an offensive dynamite, at least in my head they are. I have no idea if that's true on paper. On Minnesota's end, I believe they need Mattias Holmberg to show up. Up until now, he's been one of the best defencemen in the playoffs, in terms of defensive play. He's been a brick wall out there, blocking shots. I believe he helps O'Koivu a lot and that needs to continue. You can't rely on a goalie for everything, even though I said the Panthers need to. That's a different situation.

Code:
152 words

Bonus: Terrance Nova

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

TASK THREE:
[Image: 1cuRsrd.jpg]

TASK FOUR:
PM'd.

TASK SEVEN:
[Image: yfFSRTj.jpg]

TASK EIGHT:
[Image: hmuhvIH.jpg]

Bonus: Sophia Bennett

Code:

Jack Tanner is pretty upset with the way the season ended as his team narrowly missed the playoffs and his brother Connor's team - the Edmonton Blizzard - made it so he's been hard at work improving his skating and puck handling to try to ensure that something like this never happens again. That said, he did need a bit of recuperation time after the regular season so he headed back to his home country of Ireland and has been mostly relaxing to let the accumulated injuries from the season heal and watching the playoffs unfold. He's also met up with a few fellow Irish internationals several times to work on their game and prepare for the upcoming IIHF tournament, Joe Lombardi in particular. These training sessions have been very casual and impromptu but as a newly honored ass. captain Tanner does feel like he has some responsibility to prepare himself and his teammates as best as he can.

Code:
157 words

Code:
Mikhail Lokitonov has got to be the unsung hero of the S39 SMJHL playoffs. As the Prince George Firebird winger prepares for the finals he's become somewhat of a meme considering his back to back playoff underperformances but hockey is a fickle mistress and he's doing the process exactly right, he's simply not being rewarded with points. As of the last sim update, he's shooting 3% these playoffs which is hilariously low and unsustainable for even the worst shooter in the long term. Considering Lokitonov's offensive prowess we can be certain that the fact he has just 3 points is nothing more than shitty luck considering his linemates have 6 and 7 points. Lokitonov drives possession, though, as evidenced by his 33 shots that lead all players in these playoffs and that's what you want to see even if the points aren't coming in. Luckily his team hasn't needed those points but hopefully he gets rewarded for his good process in the Finals.

Code:
163 words

Code:
TASK FOUR: Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals. Send the answers to me by PM. Please make the subject of the message “CW Word Scramble” or something along those lines. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

waxiaamrinmhceilt

eilrruasstgeglnht

thcaenmhnigscneru    

nalzgaoaronzbo
Sent.

Code:
Anything can happen in a 7 game series. We've seen series that should be lopsided, easy wins go to 7 games and we've seen series that should be evenly matched end up as a sweep. We've seen favorites take care of business and we've seen underdogs shock the world. Considering all the variables that teams can't control it's easy to say that the player who needs to stand out for each team is the single most important player on the ice, the only player who's on the ice for virtually the entire game, the goalies: Timo Haas and Olli O'Koivu. On top of their teams battling for the league championship, these two goalies who were both part of the stellar Season 31 goalie class are battling to win their first Cup in their career and in the case of Haas it's his last chance. Both goalies have played fantastically up to this point with Timo Haas posting an unbelievable 0.941 save percentage and Olli O'Koivu posting the second-best playoff mark at 0.910 - it's not a coincidence that the two highest marks are facing off in the Finals, as go the goalies so go the teams which is why they're my picks for MVP before a single game is played.

Code:
209 words

Code:
Bonus question: Who scores the Cup-winning goal? (NOTE: This question will be graded at the conclusion of the [u][b]winning-game sim of the Challenge Cup Finals[/b][/u], [u]even if that happens before the conclusion of Championship Week.[/u])
Sophia Bennett.

Jack Tanner (D) - [Player Page] [Player Updates]

[Image: mH3z832.png]

[Image: Beaver.gif]
One sig is tweed's and the other was a karlssens/Copenhagen collab

AC | Bank | Claims

Code:

Marius was upset at the early exit from this years Four Star cup, but after the long season that was last year and the problems the Falcons faced this season, the locker room was tense knowing that the season wasn’t going the way they wanted. The once strong bond that the team had was fading due to the disappointment of losing and the fatigue. Marius and his closet friend on the team and name compatriot, <a href='index.php?showuser=2917' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>BadgerBros</a> Viktor Kolesnikovs decided that they were going to spend the early offseason in a warm climate, somewhere away from the world of hockey to relax and mentally prepare for next season. Both the Viktors are property of the Buffalo Stampede system and are hoping to make the team out of training camp. It will be a rigorous offseason for Marius as his training regime hits overdrive to hopefully make up for the disappointing end to the season. Knowing the SHL season is exponentially tougher, Marius lost his step in the Four Star cup and physically felt the effects of bad conditioning, hopefully that doesn’t repeat itself. Sadly, the days of the Flying Falcons are quickly coming to a close and a long season doesn't look like they are in the cards for the s40 Falcons.

Code:
194 words

Code:

The unsung heroes of this seasons playoffs are definitely the mothers of all the players. I could care less about the S39 Star Cup now that the Falcons have been eliminated, however, one thing is for certain, regardless of success or failure, there is always one person that will provide the comfort that every player needs. Mom. The moms of the SMJHL don’t get as much credit as they deserve. Many are quick to admit that hockey is not their first love, and sometimes that is what is needed, somebody who loves you regardless of the on ice achievement. For many of the Falcons, the calls to their wives and girlfriends were only barely seconded by the calls to their moms inquiring if they had eaten or not that day, oblivious to the fact that they just lost in 5 games. That being said, a few players on the teams have Mom’s who know more about hockey than their sons and even some of the coaching staff, however, for this narrative, I am talking primarily about my mom, the cookie baking, fighting hating, garden raking hero.

Code:
186 words

Code:
TASK FIVE: In good fun, your team decides to design one of the Finals goalies a new helmet for the series and send it to him for good luck. Create the design that you and your team would come up with. Must include a goalie helmet (from any angle), either the goalie’s team colors or his logo represented, and at least one additional distinct images as part of the design.
[Image: racism.jpg]

Code:
TASK FOUR: Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals. Send the answers to me by PM. Please make the subject of the message “CW Word Scramble” or something along those lines. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

waxiaamrinmhceilt

eilrruasstgeglnht

thcaenmhnigscneru    

nalzgaoaronzbo

Donezo

Code:
209 words

Bonus question: Who scores the Cup-winning goal? (NOTE: This question will be graded at the conclusion of the winning-game sim of the Challenge Cup Finals, even if that happens before the conclusion of Championship Week.)

Sebastian Strange

Task one:

I feel pretty excited about to play the first time a Challenge Cup Final but i spoke to several People who always supported me like Fabian Fuhrberg, Vlad Mc-zehrl but i'm several season now in this league the fact i never was in an final is an fact which just a bit un lucky i feel ready to play the finals and fight hard for the cup and make the people stop to say this guy will never wins a cup and never make it in this league i think i'm one of the top defenders out of my draft class there a of course better players out of this draft class but not alot of better defenders the day before the finals i try to relax and not to think about it's a final i handle it like every other game and i played a few finals back in europe so i think i got what u need as an player

Code:
162 words

My unsung personal Hero of this playoffs is Jonathan Lundberg <a href='index.php?showuser=1855' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Rich</a> i was so excited to see him joining the chiefs i always enjoyed him in my young years when i was a knight he kinda was/is my personal hero he has 5 goals and 4 assists 39 hits and 3 blocked shots this is not really great yeah you are right but her really scored important goals for the chiefs and we are very lucky to have him in my opinion and i hope he will stick around a bit more and continue this great work along with the other guys and wins some more cups which are will coming the following years so rich if you are reading this stay with us and keep winning cups with us pls i hope to see you many seasons to come in the minny locker room let's do it again and again<3

Code:
151 words

pn is underway

TASK EIGHT: Design the championship banner for the S39 Challenge Cup. Must include team logo, team name, and at least one render.

[Image: bi8vDuv.jpg]

[Image: P9htSSf.png]
[Image: Sr4Rvg.gif]

#TeamFuhrby
#knightsknation