Create Account

S39 Championship Week

Cup-winning goal: Jonathan Lundberg Chiefs

[Image: mtDOugA.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Bojo Box (C. Knouse)

CODE
TASK ONE: There are two options for this task.
If not: How has your player kicked off their offseason? Are they traveling? Meeting up with friends and partying? Following the games? Write at least 150 words about the beginning of your player’s offseason. Must include at least one other player.

Vlad Lidstrom took a long look around the Texas locker room as the season ended without the Renegades making the playoffs. It was just him and Sven Karlsson left as everyone had finished up packing their gear and were already on the way home. Talk turned to the future of the Renegades and whether or not this might be the last time in the locker room for either of them. With the abrupt departure of starting goalie Pel, they wondered was it time for them to go as well. Although the team's management had moved quickly to secure another goaltender, was it enough to make one last shot at the cup? The Renegades have a couple young defensemen coming up and maybe they needed another season of mentoring from the grizzled veteran Lidstrom. Talk then turned to the upcoming IIHF tournament where both Karlsson and Lidstrom play for Team Sweden who will be rolling with a very inexperienced new goaltender. Seems like time is passing quickly for these two SHL veterans. Was it really worth another offseason of the physical training both men continued to put themselves through while watching other veteran players just coast their final seasons? As they departed the locker room, maybe for one of the last times, it seemed their were more questions than answers.

Code:
219 words

CODE
TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S39 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.

Without question Panthers player Danny Foster has to be the unsung hero for his team in these playoffs. The scrappy veteran has mostly made his name in the SHL as a goon, racking up tons of hits and penalty minutes as the "Bob Probert" of the league. And the playoff are certainly no exception as Foster has 24 penalty minutes, 2 of those being fighting and 36 hits. This is the kind of play the Panthers expected from their veteran, someone who could get the team fired up with a well timed fight or two. What they didn't expect however was Foster to really channel his inner Probert and start scoring like him as well. Foster has a goal and 8 assists in the playoffs in 8 games and is a solid +3. I don't think there is anyone on the planet who expected Foster to be a point per game player in these playoffs. Maybe Foster feels time is running out on his career and a Cup win would be a fitting ending if he decides to go out on top. Whatever way it turns out there is noone who can say that Bananas didn't give his all in that attempt.

Code:
202 words

CODE
TASK FOUR: Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals. Send the answers to me by forum PM. Please make the subject of the message “CW Word Scramble” or something along those lines. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

waxiaamrinmhceilt

eilrruasstgeglnht

thcaenmhnigscneru

nalzgaoaronzbo

Code:
PM Sent

CODE
TASK SIX: Finals series always show surprises. Who will have to stand out the most from each team in order to win it? Make a prediction for potential series MVPs. Must be at least 150 words and mention at least one player from each team.

Well it really isn't much of a surprise but in order to win the Cup each team's goaltender will have to carry the load for their teams and play MVP caliber for Minnesota or Los Angeles to take home the prize. Timo Haas for LA has beeen outstanding so far in the playoffs with a 7-1 record, .941 save percentage and a 1.89 goals against average. He's going to need to continue that caliber of play for the Panthers to finish out Minnesota and take home the series. Likewise Olli O'Koivu for Minnesota will have to do the same thing for the Chiefs if they are to take home the prize this season. O'Koivu is boasting the same 7-1 record fr the Chiefs as haas has. However his peripheral numbers aren't nearly as good as Haas's with a .910 save percentage and a goals against average of 2.68. O'koive will have to improve greatly on those numbers in the final series for Minnesota to have a chance against LA. So it's all going to come down to which goaltender will be able to carry his team to victory.

Code:
188 words

Bonus question: Who scores the Cup-winning goal?Sophia Bennett

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

Code:
If not: How has your player kicked off their offseason? Are they traveling? Meeting up with friends and partying? Following the games? Write at least 150 words about the beginning of your player’s offseason. Must include at least one other player.

Geronimo Otto and fellow San Francisco Pride teammate Isaac Kaiser charted a private party jet to Munich to partake in a few brewery tours, chillax in a few beer gardens, and begin practicing with the some of IIHF Germany team. Under new management this season, the Germany coaches are planning on playing Otto and Kaiser on the same line hoping for lots of that Pride greatness to bleed through – both registering double digits points and earning another gold medal this upcoming tournament. With a bit of extra time, as the Pride narrowly missed the post season, the pair are also on a grand hunt – trekking all across Deutschland to to find the perfect, warm, soft, and delicious pretzel. The greatest snack, so perfectly salty and heavenly and just so happens to go very well with lots of obatzda and pints of Otto’s fav hefeweizen. If you have any suggestions for pretzel stops please contact the Pride GMs and they will relay the message to the boys.

Code:
Bonus question: Who scores the Cup-winning goal? (NOTE: This question will be graded at the conclusion of the winning-game sim of the Challenge Cup Finals, even if that happens before the conclusion of Championship Week.)
Maximilian Wachter Panthers

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

Code:
TASK ONE: How has your player kicked off their offseason? Are they traveling? Meeting up with friends and partying? Following the games? Write at least 150 words about the beginning of your player’s offseason. Must include at least one other player.

Theo Kane spent the early offseason just resting. Now an aging veteran with over a thousand three hundred professional games played, the thirty six year old knows that he needs to spend his offseason wisely if he wants to be ready come preseason time. Especially with another international tournament starting soon after the playoffs complete, Kane looks to suit up for Team Canada again so he needs to start nursing his nagging injuries as soon as possible. One important moment of Kane's offseason was when he declined his player option to spend a second year in Buffalo which lead to the Stampede trading his rights to Texas. He met up with Sven Karlsson to get a feel on whether he should play in Texas the upcoming season. Karlsson showed him around the city and after a couple of weeks Kane was won over and promptly let his agent know his decision to play for the Renegades in S40

Code:
TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S39 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.

Olli O'Koivu is my unsung hero for the S39 playoffs. This Minnesota team has managed to make it to the finals for the first time in twenty one seasons and with all the big names up front in Nova, Strange, Lundberg, Flacko and Garbanzo and company on defense it's easy to forget Olli O'Koivu in net. Formerly known as Kyle Wahlgren, the man in net for the Chiefs cup run has quietly faced down some stiff competition in his path here. A first round sweep of the Platoon had O'Koivu stare down Bojov2 in net. After coming up on top of a barn burner first game which had 14 goals being scored, The Chief's netminder closed out the sweep helping his team win in two one goal games. In the eastern conference finals, he had to face down the Wolfpack legend in Mikke Laukkanen. At the time of this article, O'Koivu has the second highest save percentage in the playoffs with .910 as well as the second best GAA of 2.68. He'll get his biggest challenge yet facing Panther's netminder Timo Haas who sits above him on both those previously mentioned stats so if the Chief's want to win it all, O'Koivu is going to have to be a major factor.

Code:
TASK FOUR: Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals. Send the answers to me by forum PM. Please make the subject of the message “CW Word Scramble” or something along those lines. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]
PM'd

Code:
TASK SIX: Finals series always show surprises. Who will have to stand out the most from each team in order to win it? Make a prediction for potential series MVPs. Must be at least 150 words and mention at least one player from each team.

If the Panther's win it I'm going to have to say Timo Haas is the main reason why. Sophia Bennett and JL Refleaux have been putting up some big points on the scoreboard and it's impressive but this 0.941 save percentage and 1.89 goals against average is showing some herculean effort from their goalie. Bennett's been racking up the goals but it's been a team effort on offense as 6 different players have had game winning goals in their 8 games played.

If the Chiefs win it all in the first time in two decades, I'm going to have to give it to Garbanzo. The dude's been in Minnesota mroe seasons than some of the dudes on this site have been alive. This is the first time in his career that he's been in the finals and I'm willing to bet he's going to leave it all on the ice come out with the Cup. He's got 10 points in 8 games as a defenseman and he's giving the rest of the team a safety net to rely on with his defensive play.

PS: All numbers are from the index cuz I ain't adding up PBP numbers.

Bonus question: Who scores the Cup-winning goal? Thorstein

[Image: 35513_s.gif]
Sigs by Kit, Maxy, Mook, LazyEye, Wasty, Ragnar, Bushito, Frank, 701, Pandar

Player Page | Update Thread
[Image: 263vaqs.png][Image: 8x07c6.png][Image: 2ut59pt.png][Image: s6rdXyK.png]

TASK ONE - 2nd Option

Clint Eastwood has had a very stressful SHL season. The Pride missing the playoffs deeply hurt him and with the Pride having no outlook in the offseason, he'll need to carry a lot of weight. This offseason, he will be going to yoga classes to relax mentally. When Clint Eastwood is frustrated, he starts to play like shitty shit. He will need to calm his mind and just chill out and relax. He will need to feel the smooth tenderness of fresh air, breathe it in, and just enjoy the offseason. He will still be throwing big body checks, but he'll have more self-control. The next thing Clint Eastwood will be doing over the offseason is training. He wants to train his strength and endurance. He will be doing some heavy lifting at the gym. He wants to be able to out muscle everyone on the ice and pound in some more faces. Soon enough, Clint will be dead lifting ambulances.

TASK TWO

My unsung hero for the playoffs would definitely have to be Matthias Holmberg. Holmberg finishes with decent points, but most importantly, he was the best player defensively against the LA Panthers. He had 10 points combining with 2 goals and 8 assists. He had a game winner in there too showing how clutch he really can be. He led not only the Minnesota Chiefs in shot blocks, but he led between the two finals teams in shot blocks. He led the whole playoffs in shot blocks. This man isn't the most physical force out there only getting 22 hits, but he was a thorn in a lot of stars' side. Something such as facing his former team in the finals definitely sparked him to perform at his finest. To add on, he was a supreme team player. He only took 10 PIM worth of penalties throughout the series. He came in clutch, played great defensively, and was disciplined. UNSUNG FUCKING HERO!

TASK FOUR - Submitted

TASK SIX

The series MVPs can be anyone with the amount of fire power on each team. However, I will have to choose the two biggest stars of each team. Lord Pretty Flacko of the Minnesota Chiefs and Sophia Bennet of the Los Angeles Panthers. Sophia Bennet is 3rd in scoring for the Panthers with 15 points leading the team with 8 goals. She also leads the team in major goals. 2 game tying goals and a game winning goal. She'll need to be a game changer for the Panthers in order for them to pull out the confetti. Next up I got Lord Pretty Flacko. One of the many veterans for the Minnesota Chiefs. Flacko is tied in the lead for 19 points. Thing is that he's turned into a playmaker this post season as he docks down 16 assists with only 3 goals. For the finals, he'll have to continue to use his playmaking self to set up plays, but he needs to work on taking more shots. He'll need to be the key to the Chiefs success. He's almost always led them offensively for quite a while now. The Chiefs will need him at his finest.

PH

Bonus Question: Terrance Nova

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

TASK ONE: If not: How has your player kicked off their offseason? Are they traveling? Meeting up with friends and partying? Following the games? Write at least 150 words about the beginning of your player’s offseason. Must include at least one other player.

Well Sven Brokstad is out of the championship as is his good friend Tor Tuck. Together, they've decided to eschew the typical trappings of an SHL off-season. Hours spent on the ice honing their craft, maximizing their potential, is all well and good but these two aren't your average SHL superstars, they're hard partying rock stars. They've both decided to tour the Mediterranean coast and dine on fine wine and good cheese, all while enjoying each other's company. They're planning on touring all of the museums and little towns in Italy. They want to eat tapas in Spain, and dance the night away with the locals. France will find them hopping from town to town, sharing baguettes and brie with the locals, getting robbed by the gyspies. Is it a bromance? It's too early too tell, but they both know, in their hearts, that they don't want this off-season to end.

Code:
151 Words

My choice for the unsung hero is a little unconventional seeing as his team was knocked out in the first round. It doesn't matter, because it wasn't this player's fault at all. He did his best to help his team win, but he was only one player on the ice. Ronnie Westbrook played an absolutely torrid pace with five goals and five assists in only seven games played. That comes out to 1.18 points per twenty minutes, and 1.43 points per game. The team knew that when they played Westbrook the opposition was already down a point. He was extremely efficient as well, scoring five goals on only twenty two shots, which comes out to a team leading 22.73% shooting percentage. Three of his points were scored in the power play, of which he only played 10 minutes total, equating to a ridiculous six points per twenty minutes. The Westbrook playoff efficiency is something that has to be talked about for a long time, he was on fire and no one could stop him; it's too bad no one on his team could stop the opposition either.

waxiaamrinmhceilt

eilrruasstgeglnht

thcaenmhnigscneru    

nalzgaoaronzbo

Answered in a PM

I think the clear finals MVP has to be Terrence Nova of the Minnesota Chiefs. I mean the dude was simply a consistent studly force for the boys up north and pushed them over the hill to the promised land. Let's review his six games:

Game 1: 0 G, 1 A, 0 +/-, 0 PIM, 46% FO
Game 2: 1 G, 0 A, -1 +/-, 0 PIM, 67% FO
Game 3: 1 G, 0 A, 0 +/-, 0 PIM, 40% FO
Game 4: 0 G, 0 A, 0 +/-, 0 PIM, 50% FO
Game 5: 3 G, 0 A, 2 +/-, 0 PIM, 48% FO
Game 6: 1 G, 0 A, 0 +/-, 0 PIM, 63% FO

He scored more than a point per game on average, and scored at least one point in five out of six games, coming out to an average of 1.16 points per twenty minutes. He also had a faceoff percentage at or over 50% in three out of six games, never had a penalty called against him so he wasn't a detriment to his team. This was all done with about twenty minutes per game, and his play actually improved as his minutes were reduced later in the matchup. He wasn't flashy, but he was the dependable center the team could rely on throughout the finals.

Bonus question: Who scores the Cup-winning goal? (NOTE: This question will be graded at the conclusion of the winning-game sim of the Challenge Cup Finals, even if that happens before the conclusion of Championship Week.)

Lord Pretty Flacko

09-13-2018, 05:12 PMNUCK Wrote: If I didnt have a Canadian flag as a tattoo, I would have gotten shit kicked by 5 people in Switzerland. They accused me of being an American and were about to pound me good until I showed them my tatty. As soon as they seen it, they apologized and walked away.

True story

CODE

If you are a player in the Challenge/Four Star Cup: How is your player feeling for the Finals? Are they nervous or excited? Are they ready? Write at least 150 words about the few days before the beginning of the Finals for your player and how they prepared for the series.

Yet another season has passed for Richard Physt and the Kelowna Knights. Yet again we have made the playoffs, only to be bounced in the first round. I think the way we went out, (A 4-0 sweep at the hands of the Vancouver Whalers), left a bad taste in EVERYONE'S mouths and so training has been vigorous. Physt has been out training, having sold the farm as his career is off to a much better personal start, and joined a few gyms. Knowing the mental game is as important as the physical one, when Richard got a text from St. Louis Scarecrow's defenseman DeMaricus Smyth. "Hey Physty, why don't you come on down for the 4 Star finals and watch Those Whalers catch these hands?" How could he say no? Hanging out down south was fun, and with the finals still going on Smyth hasn't been around TOO much. Still, with nice gumbo to keep you healthy and plenty of gyms, Rich has had no problems training for S40.

CODE

Every playoffs has a surprise along the way, be it a young team, a lower ranked team, or a team that EVERYONE tosses to the wayside. I won't lie, i peeked at what everyone said during the predictions and not many had Los Angeles going very far. Just more exciting options such as the Calgary Dragons for example. With every Cinderella story, comes an unsung surprise. Someone who isn't carrying the team but has the potential on control the outcome. Nicolas Winter is who i believe to be that person. The first reason is that he is the Panther's Second highest scoring center at 7 Points, being spread somewhat evenly to the tune of 3-4-7. This, through 8 games has him nearly Point Per Game. The second reason is 2 Power play goals. It tells me he is a power play specialist and special teams can be all the difference. He is doing this all while living in the shadow of Sophia Bennett, Jean-Luc Reflieux, and Danny Foster as well as the man who is in my opinion the story of this run. Goaltender Timo Haas.

CODE

PM. Sent Wink

waxiaamrinmhceilt

eilrruasstgeglnht

thcaenmhnigscneru

nalzgaoaronzbo

CODE

Welp, here we are. the S39 Challenge Cup Finals featuring Chiefs and Panthers ? Well then. This should be exciting. Lets start with Minny. I am going to go with Sebastian Strange, right winger whose 11 points place him third in the league scoring race so far. He is one of many on the Minnesota Chiefs roster who are presenting a strong case to win but Strange seems to do it all. On top of his 11 points Sebastian Strange is third in the league with an amazing 57.44% faceoff percentage. FAR ahead of the forwards on the Panthers. Tied for second in power play goals with 2 the Strange Train has been rolling in ALL situations and looks to be a hazard to LA's health. Now onto the Panthers. This might just be the easiest pick for a final's team MVP. Goalie Timo Haas has been playing Vezina equivalent Caliber here in the post season. A 1.89 GAA, .941% save percentage. If the Los Angeles Panthers LOSE in 7 He should win MVP honors. Haas reminds me of the NHL's J.S.Giguère back in 2003. This man between the pipes is a HUGE reason why the Pats have knocked off both Calgary AND Winnipeg to get here. For those curious Timo Haas' counterpart, Olli O'Koivu, is second with a GAA of 2.68 and a .910% save percentage. CLEAR advantage.

I am going dark horse. Nicolas Winter for Panthers

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

How has your player kicked off their offseason? Are they traveling? Meeting up with friends and partying? Following the games? Write at least 150 words about the beginning of your player’s offseason. Must include at least one other player.
The off-season for McFadden has been quite the interesting one. He has taken a solo trip to the mid-eastern part of Europe. He started his travels off in London to cut some of the fly time, visited there for a few days before making his way to Poland. He checked out Krakow for 3 nights and loved the nightlife and the beautiful people. The old square is simply gorgeous especially when festive. He moved on to Prague, where he love the walk along the river, the Prague castle and the old square with all of its religious buildings. He then visited Austria where he saw the white buildings and beautiful shopping scene before finishing off in Budapest where he ate some great food and visited the two sides of Buda and Pest, the Buda castle and the amazing river walk. He had a layover in Frankfurt where he visited the red light district, in the end his favorite was Prague, followed by Budapest.

Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S39 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.

The Los Angeles Panthers meet the Minnesota Chiefs in the SHL Challenge Cup Finals! The Panthers who are a surprise to be still alive and in the finals, coming off a few disappointing seasons out of the playoffs, have found themselves riding a hot Timo Haas who is in his last season in the SHL, and absolutely killing it. The Chiefs are a team that have been waiting for this moment, and have been leading up to it for many years now, and looking to finally capture a Challenge Cup. You can clearly see that if there is one team that needed a hero, it was the Panthers, and the hero is for sure, Timo Haas. He has followed his epic regular season with a 1.89 goals against average and a .940 save percentage. These stats are both good for the top spot in the league, and he also has a solid 7 and 1 record, with a shut out to his name.

sent

The two most influencial players for each of their team have got to be Terrance Nova for the Minnesota Chiefs and Timo Haas for the Los Angeles Panthers. Terrance Nova is the leading scorer for the Chiefs and has been dynamite for a while now, he is looking to finally lead his team to the Challenge Cup. He has a ton of skill and a lot will to get the job done. My prediction for the series most valuable player has gone to Timo Haas however, as he has just been lights out. I also feel that he is the biggest reason why the Panthers have gotten so far, and will be the key to the Panthers winning the cup. Lets also be honest, when it comes to voting the judges will have in the back of their mind, its Timo Haas last season is a great career, and what a way it would be to go out with such a bang!

Cup winning goal: Terrance Nova

TASK ONE: If you are a player in the Challenge/Four Star Cup: How is your player feeling for the Finals? Are they nervous or excited? Are they ready? Write at least 150 words about the few days before the beginning of the Finals for your player and how they prepared for the series.

Well as this is the first time that Matthew Auston has even made it to the playoffs since he has joined the Panthers, he is very nervous but making the Cup finals is a very big accomplishment. The team as beat out two of the top teams in the division after hardly making the playoffs. I think Auston is ready he has shown the player that he can be and has been very steady throughout his time with the Panthers. Although he might not be the most offensive player he is the backbone of defense for the top line and every player has their role. Auston role isn’t to score goals so its always a bonus for when he does but he is meant to stay back win the faceoffs that need winning, set it up on the powerplay for his line mates to pick up the goals. I think the whole Panthers squad has been waiting for this for quite sometime now and I think a win would be huge for the retiring players.

I would have to go with my boy Jean-Luc Reflieux he has been outstanding these playoffs, he may be in the top of league for playoff scoring but those points and goals have been timed very well. They have either been game winning goals or goals to shift momentum and then Panthers would take the win. He has been one of the top faceoffs guys for the Panthers they would always lean on him to take those draws in their own end to get the puck out and out of trouble. I think that Reflieux and Bennett are very good complementary players to one another and they are both benefiting of each other, they are both highly skilled shooters and can rush for 2 on 1’s and just leave the defensemen in the dust. I would still go with Reflieux for the unsung with his years of experience and the veteran presence he is going to do good things in the finals.

Task FOUR: DM PRIS MARCH 9,2018

There is always that one player on each team in a series that stands out for their team, I think in this case for the Los Angeles Panthers that player that needs to have his stand out performances is Timo Haas. Haas has been a standout goalie thus far in the playoffs he just needs to keep it rolling, he is set to retire after this year so I have no doubt in my mind that he is going to leave everything that he has on the ice. The Panther have the outmost trust in Haas’ abilities as a goalie as he has shown throughout his whole career since being with the Panthers. If the Panthers win or lose I guarantee that Haas will be picked for the MVP as he is the guy that has kept the team in a lot of the playoff games to this point and has stolen other games from teams.

BONUS QUESTION: Jean-Luc Reflieux Panthers

[Image: dweaves08.gif]

[Image: lLWfTOT.png]

The grueling season and playoffs are over. The Winnipeg Jets Blew it. First I am going to sulk and moan and throw fits. I hate losing. I don’t know who would want to hang out with this ol’ timer. I’m getting old. I’m tired. I’m sore. My offseason has kicked off with some sunshine in California, some sleeping in, multiple visits to my Chiropractor and Massage Therapist and just kicking back and getting ready for the Big Finale for the Challenge Cup. An East vs West battle which means that me and Adam Kaiser get together for some drinks, wings, and laughs. Since I am no longer in snowy Winnipeg for the offseason, I have started to frequent the driving range getting my swing back in order and the putts silky smooth. Soon will be the first tee off of the year. The first Tee-off will be any day now, followed by the first driver hurl into the nearest pond from disgust.

Words: 162

Finding an unsung hero is a tough job. I think that Right Winger Sophia Bennett on the Los Angeles Panthers is the unsung hero of the S39 playoffs up to this point. I know that she was leading the LA Panthers in scoring, through the 8 games on the index, but who saw that coming? The S39 Season saw Bennett only notch 34 points in 50 games, scoring at a clip of 68%. The playoffs (the index isn’t fully updated) shows Bennet scoring 13 points in 8 games, with 4 of them on the power play. That is an unbelievable turn around for the phenom! Not only is she scoring 1.62 points per game, she is a +8, and has a 17% shooting percentage. Bennett has been trusted enough to lead this amazing Western Conference team on the first line and top powerplay line as well. This will be the last season of Bennett flying below the radar and is now becoming a real threat on a tough LA Panthers team.

Words: 171

SENT TO PRIS

Panthers Stand Out:
The Minnesota Chiefs are a high octane offense averaging 4 goals per game in the playoffs. The LA Panthers Goalie, Timo Haas, on his final tour of duty before he hangs them up will need to be the stand out. The difference maker. The Panthers aren’t slouches when it comes to offense themselves. So if Haas can go ahead and limit the Cheifs to 2-3 goals / game, then the Panthers stand a chance of winning.

Cheifs Stand Out:
The Chiefs have a 29% powerplay unit. If they can draw some penalties and get to the man advantage, look for the Nova, Strange, Sarantez Line up to get to work and do some damage. They will be faced by Haas standing tall and a Stout Panthers PK unit. If the Chiefs can crack the PK, they stand a chance to win.

Series MVPs:
LA Panthers MVP – Haas, Reflieux
Chiefs MVP - Sebastian Strange

Words: 156

TASK ONE:
After a disappointing rookie season that saw Vancouver swept by the Scarecrows in round one and a mediocre sophomore season, it is nice to see Vancouver in the Finals. The Whalers are currently in the midst of a tough match-up against none other than St. Louis. Liam O'Callaghan is pumped to be playing the best hockey of his young career. The young blue-liner is currently leading defence-men in goals and points and is second in the entire playoffs in goals. Mr. O'Callaghan was generous enough to give us a quote:

"You know, my career hasn't quite started out like I wanted it to but right now... right now I feel like a million dollars man. I feel like I can do no wrong when I step out there; all of my reads, all of my gambles... they all seem to be turning up Liam. I think we finally gelled as a team and everyone is comfortable out there. I would not be the same player if Gronk was not lining up beside me every shift."

TASK TWO:
The man who is my partner may not get the points or the attention that being a scorer gets you but he is integral to the success of Vancouver. Karno Grönkjær is the reason why the Whalers are in the finals. The man is third in blocked shots with 14 and second in +/- with +7. Without Gronk being the rock he is then O'Callaghan is not allowed to be a rover. Karno is everything you want in a defensive defender. The man hits everything that crosses the blue-line if he isn't smartly knocking the puck off their sticks and he has a great first pass that sends the play in the right direction. While the praise may go to the players who bury the biscuit those players know that Gronk is the reason they can do it. You have no fear when you have such a reliable option back there and he allows you to make fearless or reckless plays. Karno is a hero!

TASK FOUR:

TASK SIX:
When I think of MVP calibre players on the Whalers my mind immediately goes to Captain Gabriel Wong. The savvy play-maker is everything you could want in an offensive dynamo. Currently tied for the lead in playoff scoring despite playing three less games than the next closest competitor. Wongy, as he is known in the locker room, has unparalleled vision when he is on the ice and makes his team-mates much, much better. Gabriel is not a scorer which is definitely a knock on him, his 13.64 shooting percentage indicates that he should without a doubt be firing the puck more often. If Wongy does decide that he wants to be a more selfish player then there is no doubt in my mind that he will take over the series against the Scarecrows. However, I think that with his speed and strength on the puck he can dish out apples all series and still walk away as MVP!!

BONUS QUESTION
Nicolas Winter

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

If you are a player in the Challenge/Four Star Cup: How is your player feeling for the Finals? Are they nervous or excited? Are they ready? Write at least 150 words about the few days before the beginning of the Finals for your player and how they prepared for the series.

The hardest part about the path I’ve chosen in the SHL is that there’s just a TON to do, and I don’t ever seem to have an ‘offseason’. Since being eliminated by the Los Angeles Panthers in the playoffs, I’ve shifted my focus even more so to helping guide the St. Louis Scarecrows to our first Four Star Cup in 10 seasons, which would also be my first Four Star Cup ever. We’ve made it to the finals, and performed well, but we’ve still got to finish out a tough as nails series with Vancouver. On top of that, I’ve been meeting with the new IIHF commissioner to go over many new rules and things of that nature that will help strengthen the greatest tournament in the hockey world. To continue the IIHF theme, I’ve also had to find the time to work with my Team USA Co-head Teddy Cuddles, and my Team Coach The Dude as we assembled a pretty bad ass roster with some exciting new faces. Can’t wait to see how it all goes down! (178)

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: Timo Haas is the ‘unsung’ hero of this year’s playoffs, even if he’s been more of an obvious choice. The soon to be retired netminder was simply stunning in LA’s handling of the Dragons in Round 1, as his WHITE HOT 95.4% Save Percentage was disgustingly legendary. Calgary threw a LOT of shots his way, and it didn’t matter, as he turned aside almost all of them over the entire series. While the 2nd round against the offensive juggernaut that is Winnipeg should have been a bit more humbling for Haas, he was still extraordinary, his Save Percentage was still at 94% through the series, and his Goals Against was a miniscule 1.89. Yes, after two series against arguably the best teams in the league, Haas was otherworldly and held them to less than two goals combined. That’s incredible. It’s a damn shame that he’s retiring, he could’ve ended up riding this play to a Hall of Fame career. (168)

TASK FOUR:

PM'd to Pris, as instructed

I’ll beat this drum again here, but in the S39 Challenge Cup Finals, the fate of the Los Angeles Panthers rests in the hands of their white hot goaltender, Timo Haas. Haas (along with Sophia Bennett, who’s having a bit of a breakout on her own) has led the 4th place Panthers (who made the playoffs on the LAST DAY OF THE SEASON) to wins over Calgary and Winnipeg. The Panthers have lived and will die with their netminder. They need him to continue to dominate the playoffs if they hope to lift the Challenge Cup when all is said and done. On the Minnesota Chiefs’ side of things, they’re going to need the continued excellent play of Terrance Nova going into the Finals. Nova has been great for the Chiefs, as he’s registered 12 points in the 9 games Minnesota has played so far. As Minnesota’s number one Center, he’s going to be counted on to work hard and help the Chiefs solve the riddle that has been Timo Haas. It’s going to be an awesome battle between the two. (181)

Bonus: Jaxson Reynolds

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

Code:
TASK THREE: Create a championship graphic featuring the matchup of the Finals. Must include both team names, both team logos, a representation of S39, and one additional recognition of each team (team colors, a render, etc.)
[Image: Nh0pr9f.png?1]

Code:
TASK FOUR: I do this one.

Code:
TASK SEVEN:  Come up with a playoff-related slogan and design an advertising banner outside of one of the host arenas for the finals. Aside from the slogan, must include the team logo of the city where this would be displayed, as well as some representation of the team itself (for example, in the image given, the bear on the side).
[Image: r8jxHo8.png]

Code:
TASK EIGHT: Design the championship banner for the S39 Challenge Cup. Must include team logo, team name, and at least one render.
[Image: V5eHCfk.png]

Code:
Danny Bananas Foster

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Dangles13@Mar 9 2018, 05:49 PM

[b]TASK FOUR:

Maximilian Wachter
Sterling Slaughter
Chester Cunningham
Alonzo Garbanzo

[/b]

You were supposed to pm these to pris ya doorknob