Create Account

Predetermined Origins

I don't know if it's been brought up before, but just wondering why we don't have predetermined origins when a new player is created? It would help keep IIHF simple for teams, especially it seems in the WJC instead of having bunches of countries making up a team.

You could even at that point maybe have more teams then ones that qualify for tournaments, much like irl, so they can have small 7 games series to make the big tournament or when teams drop and have to build back up to the big tournament, might be good for IIHF. Just a thought

[Image: WtrC9qy.png]

FalconsJapanpride

Limiting player creation freedom for the benefit of something so meaningless as IIHF only causes more problems than it solves.

I enjoy the tournament and the effort people put into it. But if you're telling me I have to create a Swede when I want to make a Korean. You're just making the site less fun for me.

[Image: 3GSD0dd.gif]
[Image: m1IMt5k.gif]

More so a fan of creativity and choice among the players. I think making things predetermined creates more problems than not.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
ShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUk
Player Page || Update Page

Quote:Originally posted by InciteHysteria@Mar 10 2018, 08:49 PM
something so meaningless as IIHF

Eyebrow

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Quote:Originally posted by Coach Biz@Mar 10 2018, 07:07 PM

Eyebrow

As someone with 2 Golds and 2 Silvers over a 10 season career - the IIHF is tacked on. There is some real work that goes into it but it's just kinda there. The number of people that care about IIHF as much as SHL is quite small.

Screwing up the fun of creating your vision of a player is not worth the IIHF benefit.

Has English Name
>From Germany

[Image: HjEFCSR.png]

Quote:Originally posted by InciteHysteria@Mar 10 2018, 07:49 PM
Limiting player creation freedom for the benefit of something so meaningless as IIHF only causes more problems than it solves.

I enjoy the tournament and the effort people put into it. But if you're telling me I have to create a Swede when I want to make a Korean. You're just making the site less fun for me.

I get the creativity part, but something with predetermined locations could bring fun to the IIHF because teams would have a full rosters, and like I said, could bring in different styles of tournaments, and as I type this I realize I'll hear the argument about how long off-season is, but different tournaments could potentially help that as well.

[Image: WtrC9qy.png]

FalconsJapanpride

Is that not what the transfer is for? You make an American, you find out it isn't all it's cracked up to be to try to crack the USA roster, so you take your one transfer (if you are able to due to restrictions on outbound transfers) to play for someone else. Or you do your research ahead of time and see where needs are, then make according to that.

Either way, IIHF is offseason stuff. It's probably a nice, fun tournament to participate in and there are people who work on putting it together well. The focus of the SHL is...well, the SHL. Winning the Challenge Cup. Making the SHL Hall of Fame. International honors are good to include to make the HoF case, though the SHL makes or breaks the legacy.

For its real-world equivalent, one of the only good things that has ever come from Gary Bettman's mouth was a retort to the IOC amid talks of the NHL not carving an Olympic break out of its 2017-18 schedule. To paraphrase,

IOC: "There's no greater prize in hockey than to win a gold medal for one's country."

Bettman: "Except the Stanley Cup."

I don't think predetermined origins should be a thing because it takes away from the user's creative limits for something that isn't the headliner. It makes a big deal out of a sideshow.

Speedwagon Player Page | Speedwagon Updates Page 

[Image: speedwagongifsig.gif]

[Image: GoonerBear.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by GoonerBear@Mar 10 2018, 07:55 PM
Is that not what the transfer is for? You make an American, you find out it isn't all it's cracked up to be to try to crack the USA roster, so you take your one transfer (if you are able to due to restrictions on outbound transfers) to play for someone else. Or you do your research ahead of time and see where needs are, then make according to that.

Either way, IIHF is offseason stuff. It's probably a nice, fun tournament to participate in and there are people who work on putting it together well. The focus of the SHL is...well, the SHL. Winning the Challenge Cup. Making the SHL Hall of Fame. International honors are good to include to make the HoF case, though the SHL makes or breaks the legacy.

For its real-world equivalent, one of the only good things that has ever come from Gary Bettman's mouth was a retort to the IOC amid talks of the NHL not carving an Olympic break out of its 2017-18 schedule. To paraphrase,

IOC: "There's no greater prize in hockey than to win a gold medal for one's country."

Bettman: "Except the Stanley Cup."

I don't think predetermined origins should be a thing because it takes away from the user's creative limits for something that isn't the headliner. It makes a big deal out of a sideshow.

New guy dropping knowledge already. But the GSHL guys know their shit. So not surprising. Great post.

Quote:Originally posted by InciteHysteria@Mar 10 2018, 08:49 PM
Limiting player creation freedom for the benefit of something so meaningless as IIHF

[Image: Jb_8e228d_1692924.gif]

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by DanbyRem@Mar 10 2018, 08:17 PM