Create Account

S39 Hall of Fame Ceremony

Quote:Originally posted by SwegKingu@Mar 13 2018, 06:33 PM

Wow

Disrespecc from my love, that Stings.

I just think first ballot is a huge stretch tbh.

sorry

Quote:Originally posted by formx@Mar 13 2018, 09:03 PM

sorry
I don't disagree completely ignoring Kins (I have so little affiliation to him I scratched him in his final season; sorry kins), if we set the bar at Kane fine. They are about equal. But we shouldn't set the bar at Kane, I don't think Andersson was GOAT in his field really, and he's definitely not on par with the Aitto's, 44's, McBride's, and Prik's that don the halls in the HoF

Andersson should probably be here at some point, but first ballot is a real stretch

I love sweg though, he is HoF of members imo

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

congrats to the new HoF member! welcome aboard :-x

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

Quote:Originally posted by JumpierPegasus@Mar 14 2018, 12:19 AM

I don't disagree completely ignoring Kins (I have so little affiliation to him I scratched him in his final season; sorry kins), if we set the bar at Kane fine. They are about equal. But we shouldn't set the bar at Kane, I don't think Andersson was GOAT in his field really, and he's definitely not on par with the Aitto's, 44's, McBride's, and Prik's that don the halls in the HoF

Andersson should probably be here at some point, but first ballot is a real stretch

I love sweg though, he is HoF of members imo
When you are considered top 3 for your position as many times as guys like McBride and I think Prik, I think that is pretty incredible.

The only thing Andersson didn't have going for him is a playoff resume, but among the other candidates I don't know who else is outright better than him in this class. I know him and Schmidt are pretty close and I think Schmidt got fewer votes than I think he deserved, but nobody else really stands out.

Also keep in mind that Andersson received only three more votes than the minimum required, and he was even left off a couple ballots.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Quote:Originally posted by ArGarBarGar@Mar 14 2018, 05:42 AM

When you are considered top 3 for your position as many times as guys like McBride and I think Prik, I think that is pretty incredible.

The only thing Andersson didn't have going for him is a playoff resume, but among the other candidates I don't know who else is outright better than him in this class. I know him and Schmidt are pretty close and I think Schmidt got fewer votes than I think he deserved, but nobody else really stands out.

Also keep in mind that Andersson received only three more votes than the minimum required, and he was even left off a couple ballots.
He isn't top 3 in his position. I'd take Prikulis, McBride, FourFour, Aittokallio, Tanner and Wong before Andersson any day. Good regular season stats but cups are a massive for a goaltender resume, I don't see how a guy who essentially couldn't get the job done when it mattered is first ballot but you're prepared to pooh-pooh any idea of a guy who captained a team to 3 cups being Hall of Fame worthy

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

guys the decisions was made by 10 members! 10!!!

in other way I believe we have now enough HoF members and just they should be in the HoF Committee Hmm

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

Quote:Originally posted by dankoa@Mar 14 2018, 05:52 AM

He isn't top 3 in his position. I'd take Prikulis, McBride, FourFour, Aittokallio, Tanner and Wong before Andersson any day. Good regular season stats but cups are a massive for a goaltender resume, I don't see how a guy who essentially couldn't get the job done when it mattered is first ballot but you're prepared to pooh-pooh any idea of a guy who captained a team to 3 cups being Hall of Fame worthy
"Top 3 in his position" as in "nominated for the McBride". I was not saying he was top-3 all-time. Andersson was nominated six times for the award, same with McBride himself (who won all six) and Prikulis who won three. Despite the lack of a playoff resume that is a huge accomplishment.

Kinsler was the captain for three cups. Okay. He has no individual awards won, two Mexico nominations, one Dar nomination, and a single first team all-star. I doubt he will be kept off the ballot for very long but I also am not all that convinced of him as a first ballot over Andersson, either.

I also think Schmidt was closer to Andersson than the votes indicated and it would be more accurate for Andersson and Schmidt right on the outside looking in with Kinsler a step behind the two.

There are a few players I would like to see in the hall at some point but no idea how to fit them all in the coming seasons. Cant, Schmidt, Kinsler, Broadway certainly deserved a solid look if not outright deserve it in. But we have McZ, Allen, Malkin, Hamilton, Sarantez, Haas, among others coming in the next couple seasons which is going to make things really dicey.

2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*

Quote:Originally posted by ArGarBarGar@Mar 14 2018, 01:47 PM

"Top 3 in his position" as in "nominated for the McBride". I was not saying he was top-3 all-time. Andersson was nominated six times for the award, same with McBride himself (who won all six) and Prikulis who won three. Despite the lack of a playoff resume that is a huge accomplishment.

Kinsler was the captain for three cups. Okay. He has no individual awards won, two Mexico nominations, one Dar nomination, and a single first team all-star. I doubt he will be kept off the ballot for very long but I also am not all that convinced of him as a first ballot over Andersson, either.

I also think Schmidt was closer to Andersson than the votes indicated and it would be more accurate for Andersson and Schmidt right on the outside looking in with Kinsler a step behind the two.

There are a few players I would like to see in the hall at some point but no idea how to fit them all in the coming seasons. Cant, Schmidt, Kinsler, Broadway certainly deserved a solid look if not outright deserve it in. But we have McZ, Allen, Malkin, Hamilton, Sarantez, Haas, among others coming in the next couple seasons which is going to make things really dicey.
PETTYFER AND LABSVÄ€RDS <_<

Quote:Originally posted by LB.@Mar 14 2018, 07:30 AM

PETTYFER AND LABSVÄ€RDS&nbsp; <_<
Yo dawg I just did a quick glance at names that stood out to me and pointed them out.

I know it's hard for me to argue for Schmidt becausd of WKP, but he had a similar regular season career winning some of the big awards and an impressive post season career.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Quote:Originally posted by ArGarBarGar@Mar 14 2018, 02:42 PM

Yo dawg I just did a quick glance at names that stood out to me and pointed them out.
Well, Pettyfer is on the level of Kinsler, about the same amount of points. Hall of very good, yes, but not hall of fame.

Labsy on the other hand should be in HoF, for longetivity alone. Third all time in games played, captained two or all three Calgary championships.

Quote:Originally posted by dankoa@Mar 14 2018, 12:52 PM

Ok

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Quote:Originally posted by LB.@Mar 14 2018, 08:09 AM

Well, Pettyfer is on the level of Kinsler, about the same amount of points. Hall of very good, yes, but not hall of fame.

Labsy on the other hand should be in HoF, for longetivity alone. Third all time in games played, captained two or all three Calgary championships.

Kinsler has more points than about 2/3rds of the HOF. Don’t know how that ends up as “hall of very good”

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by formx@Mar 14 2018, 06:03 AM

sorry

OK tbh

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Quote:Originally posted by CampinKiller@Mar 14 2018, 09:33 AM

Kinsler has more points than about 2/3rds of the HOF. Don’t know how that ends up as “hall of very good”
Kinsler isn't competing against those who already got in (not to mention a large number of Hall of Famers are either defenders, goaltenders, or played way fewer games than Kinsler), so I don't understand your point.