Create Account

S39 SHL Awards Show

Quote:Originally posted by Symmetrik@Mar 17 2018, 12:08 AM
York is top offensive player and top 3 defensive player but not MVP worthy  Huh

Bananerstrom robbed of Jesster noms to 1 dimensional players who were worse than Bananerstrom at that one dimension

Much like McDavid will not be a Hart finalist. Playoffs or bust my friend. Also, one defender and two Cs over a winger which is likely what bumped him out of top 3.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Just a heads-up, there is a pretty good chance of thunderstorms in my area tonight, so there is a chance the awards show start time could vary from the planned 8 PM based on things like "Let me go ahead and get this out of the way" or "Oh, shit, I don't have power." If anything of the sort occurs, I'll post in here and send out some Discord notifications so anyone interested can enjoy the show live.

[Image: zdenkoberanek.gif]
Sigs by @enigmatic, @Geekusoid, @sve7en  and @Wasty 
Zach Evans
 | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

Quote:Originally posted by ztevans@Mar 17 2018, 10:05 AM
Just a heads-up, there is a pretty good chance of thunderstorms in my area tonight, so there is a chance the awards show start time could vary from the planned 8 PM based on things like "Let me go ahead and get this out of the way" or "Oh, shit, I don't have power." If anything of the sort occurs, I'll post in here and send out some Discord notifications so anyone interested can enjoy the show live.

Thanks for the heads up, Zach. Take care in the Thunderstorms.

[Image: 3GSD0dd.gif]
[Image: m1IMt5k.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Dangles13@Mar 17 2018, 10:55 AM

Much like McDavid will not be a Hart finalist. Playoffs or bust my friend. Also, one defender and two Cs over a winger which is likely what bumped him out of top 3.

I played center, and Owen didn't make the playoffs either

Oh also Haas is a goalie not a D and Owen is a winger not a center.

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Symmetrik@Mar 17 2018, 02:28 PM

I played center, and Owen didn't make the playoffs either

Oh also Haas is a goalie not a D and Owen is a winger not a center.
I was talking about the rookie of the year for the last part, I should have been a little more clear. Good point about Owen though.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Dangles13@Mar 17 2018, 01:54 PM

I was talking about the rookie of the year for the last part, I should have been a little more clear. Good point about Owen though.

I think Owens barely missing playoffs to Toronto’s bottom finish could be part of it.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Keygan@Mar 17 2018, 04:18 PM

I think Owens barely missing playoffs to Toronto’s bottom finish could be part of it.

I guess 5th place is bottom now

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

Quote:Originally posted by ztevans@Mar 17 2018, 11:05 AM
Stay safe. I know that the southern states can get some bad storms from time to time.

Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]
[Image: AceIn603.gif]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Alright, let's do this.

Zach Evans
Nikolai Evans

Hello, and welcome to the S39 SHL Awards Show! I’m ztevans, and I’ll once again be presenting tonight’s SHL awards. Just one away from 40! Pretty big deal for the league. Just like the players we will honor tonight are pretty big deals. Well, most of them anyways. One of them cost me a TPE on Awards Predictions for having the AUDACITY to accrue more penalty minutes than Danny Foster. But it’s okay, I’m not salty at all.

Anyways, let’s settle in and enjoy these awards, and I’ll try to make them as enjoyable as possible. SPOILER ALERT: It won't be very enjoyable. Let’s do this!

Zach Evans
Nikolai Evans

As always, we start by honoring the newly crowned Challenge Cup Champions. This team won two Challenge Cups in three seasons to start out the league’s second decade but had gone without a title since Season 12. Now, that drought is over after a dominant performance in the Season 39 playoffs.

Congratulations to your Season 39 Challenge Cup Champions, for the third time in franchise history, the Chiefs Minnesota Chiefs!

Zach Evans
Nikolai Evans

Next, we present the trophies for conference champions. Winning the Mathias Chouinard Trophy as Eastern Conference Champions, the Chiefs Minnesota Chiefs!

Facing Minnesota in the finals after winning the Cole Reinhart Trophy, for the first time since Season 24, the Panthers Los Angeles Panthers!

UNRELATED: Does LAP prefer orange or teal when they are mentioned in shit like this? I've always used orange, but I noticed ArGar uses teal in the top 100 and it got me thinking. Hmm

<a href='index.php?showuser=78' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Wasty</a> <a href='index.php?showuser=1290' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>vbottas17</a> @P A N T H E R B O Y S

Zach Evans
Nikolai Evans

I prefer teal.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

For the last of the team awards, the Presidents’ Trophy goes to the most successful team in the regular season. Once a mainstay among the league’s elite, this team went through tough times during the 30s. However, through patience and perseverance, they improved to playoff contention and now a return to the top tier of the league, with a regular season record of 33-12-5. Congratulatoins to our Season 39 Presidents’ Trophy recipients, the Steelhawks Hamilton Steelhawks!

Zach Evans
Nikolai Evans

Quote:Originally posted by Keygan@Mar 17 2018, 07:13 PM
I prefer teal.

THIS JUST IN: Keygan asks out of Edmonton, demands trade to LAP. Stay tuned for more updates.

Speaking of the Panthers, now it is time to reward the leading individual statistical performers in Season 39. First, the Mike Honcho Trophy, presented to the goalie with the best Goals Against Average each season.

The Season 39 Mike Honcho Trophy goes to Timo Haas of the Panthers Los Angeles Panthers! Congratulations, <a href='index.php?showuser=2297' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>InciteHysteria</a>!

Zach Evans
Nikolai Evans