Create Account

Taylor Nugent-Eberle

Taylor Nugent-Eberle grew up in Edmonton Alberta and was always a huge Comets fan...He always dreamed of putting on the Comet jersey and getting to play beside his favourite player ever in Elias Armia..With the draft coming up faster and faster he is letting everyone know he wants to be a comet...

We are joined here today by the one the only Taylor Nugent-Eberle...

Taylor Nugent Eberle: Hello guys thanks for having me on..

Reporter: Thanks for coming on the show...Now Taylor you say you have been a comet fan all your life...Is that correct?

Taylor Nugent Eberle: Yes it is correct...Ever since I was a little kid..I remember Jay Mcdonald hoisting the challenge cup over his head way back in the SHL third season...That was one of my favourite moments looking back as a Comet fan..

[Image: Omark_Linus_L.jpg]
Jay Mcdonald of the Edmonton Comets...

Reporter: So here's a bit of a odd question...Where do you get your name from?

Taylor Nugent Eberle: Well my dad played in the now Defunct NHL where he was a Hall of famer and won 10 Stanley Cups with the Edmonton Oilers...My first name come from's his winger in Taylor Hall who he credits for helping him become a better player...My middle name comes from Ryan Nugent-Hopkins who he credits for helping him score all those goals :lol: ..

[Image: jordan-eberle-vs-russia.jpeg]
Taylor Nugent Eberle's dad Jordan after scoring the biggest goal ever..

Reporter: The NHL? Was that not a joke league?

Taylor Nugent-Eberle: Haha I barely remember watching it...My dad said that the players were like gofers on skates...It was like they could barely move..

Reporter: So back to the the main topic of conversation...What were some thing you would do to show your love for the Comets?

Taylor Nugent-Eberle: Well I used to paint my entire body in Comet colors and I have a huge Comet tattoo on my back...I once camped outside Jay Mcdonald's house just to get his autograph...To bad I forgot the team was on a 5 game road trip haha ...

[Image: Dustin-Penner-2-590x392.jpg]

Taylor Nugent Eberle after scoring a HUGE OT goal

Reporter: LOL.... Did you eventually get the autograph from Mr.Mcdonald?

Taylor Nugent Eberle: Yeah I eventually got it about a month later I did the same thing...I had to make sure I did it when they were not on a road trip...

Reporter: So what makes you a Comet fan? Why do you want to play for them eventually?

Taylor Nugent Eberle: I think what made me a Comet fan when I was young was the constant winning.. We were just so good...Probably also it was big that I was actually from Edmonton and got to see the Comets play every night... I want to play for the Comets because I want to be part of the dynasty that is Comet hockey...I want to get dressed and be able to know that I am getting dressed in the same dressing room as Mike Honcho...Skate on the same ice as Jay Mcdonald..It would be so cool to pass the puck to Elias Armia for one of his signature One Timers...I just feel it would be so cool to play on the same team as my hero's played on...

Repoter: Where would you want to play in the Comets line up eventually?

Taylor Nugent Eberle: I have been asked this question many times by not just the Comets but by other teams about their organizations...I would think that if the Comets were to draft me I would eventually want to become a top six forward who can do it all...Shoot, pass, hit, block shots, and be a awesome penalty killer...If they were to draft me I would be comfortable playing in any spot on the team that they think is best for my development...

Reporter: Do you play any other positions?

Taylor Nugent Eberle: I can play centre in fact I played centre a lot as a kid and I was pretty good I won most of my draws and made myself look big in the face off circle...I am a bit rusty with faceoffs now though and would need to touch up on my game in centre ice..... As a kid I also played Goal and as a Defencemen a year each...I was a not half bad defencemen and I think it ended up helping my play in the defensive zone.. I was a horrible goalie though I let in almost every shot I could not stop anything kind of like Jaska Tillainen...That was a shot at the Knights...

Reporter: Would you be comfortable being sent back to the NWJHL to play another season of junior?

Taylor Nugent Eberle: Haha this is a question I have had lots of teams ask me...I would definitely be ok with it if they felt it was not only best for my development but best for the team..Thats not to say I do not want to play for the Comets if I get drafted by them next season.. I do.. I will try my very hardest to make the team out of training camp but what ever happens, happens.

Reporter: Are their any teams you really hate because of the rivalry between the Comets and them?

Taylor Nugent Eberle...Yes I HATE the Dragons...I think their team is not as good as it looks and Richan is VERY overated...I still dont see why nobody thinks he was a bust..The Jets have a small soft spot in my heart because I loved Karpotsov..Other than that I do not like them...

[Image: bobby-hull-jets.jpg]

Sergei Karpotsov of the Winnipeg Jets

Reporter: You were recently named to Team Canada at the World Juniors as their thirteenth forward...How do you feel about the opportunity to represent your country.

Taylor Nugent Eberle: It is one of the biggest honors in my life..It has been a dream ever since I was a kid to get to play for my country at this tournament and I finally get to do it...Its important when you go to represent your country that it does not matter where you play on the team the only thing thats important is that you are getting to represent your country and giving them a chance to win gold..

Reporter: We know you broke your Femur last season could you guide us through the process of getting back to top shape and how you broke it?

Taylor Nugent Eberle: Well I was racing into the boards at the under 18 tournament last year and Matthew Ekblad of the London Knights nailed me into the boards from behind a very dirty cheap shot and It just broke and I almost died on the ice...It was the most painful fealing I have ever felt and I could not skate for months..Of course Brendan Shanahan is the head disciplinarian there and we all know how little he suspends player so of course Ekblad got nothing...A few games ago I think we beat the nights 7-3 and I played my best game of the season..I also got into a fight with Ekblad and I absolutely destroyed him... It was a little bit of sweet revenge on my part..

[Image: 430_hockey_430241.jpg?2]
Taylor Nugent Eberle Lying Defenseless after the dirtiest player ever Matthew Ekblad hit him.

Reporter: Ok you already listed Elias Armia, Jay Mcdonald and Sergei Karpotsov as your favourite players... Any others?

Taylor Nugent Eberle: OMG I forgot to mention one of my favourite players ever...He is one of the most amazing players I have ever seen... Thats Julien Dupont...

[Image: 20120202_goal620.jpg]

Julien Dupont, Elias Armia, J Mac and Fisher celebrating a goal.

Reporter: Ok so last question if you could put together a first line of the best players to ever play in the SHL what would it be?

Taylor Nugent Eberle: I would Probably be... Starting left wing is Elias Armia... Starting Centre is Nick Fisher...Starting Right winger is Jay Macdonald.. My two Defence men would be Julien Dupont and Patrick Pelletier.. Then My starting goalie would be Jonas Gustavo...

Reporter: Thanks Again Taylor Nugent Eberle and thanks to everyone for tuning in to Hockey Prospects Live where we interview the top prospects for this years draft LIVE!

Taylor Nugent Eberle: Yeah thanks a lot!

Words 1364. Pictures 6.

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

:lol: dat noob TNE

Quote:Originally posted by Phil.B@Jun 4 2012, 05:05 PM
:lol:  dat noob TNE

:lol: :lol: :lol:

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."

So what you're saying is, you hate the Comets?

Quote:Originally posted by Munk@Jun 4 2012, 05:08 PM
So what you're saying is, you hate the Comets?

Nope luv em. :wub:

:wub:

:comets: Maybe you should hold out :ph34r:

[Image: ArmiaJr.png]