Create Account

S40 Championship Week

TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S40 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.

this year i would see my self fedor shirobokov as the unsung hero in the playoffs this seems selfish but let me say you why i'm second in hits in my team with 56 hits and tied third with shots blocked with 22 shots blocked and i'm first on my team in ths +/- section so all these stats are pretty solid and makes me confidend tolook into the future to be one of the top defenders in the future and maybe present i hope i can carry this good work in the upcoming seasons to come and will win atleast one or some more cups with the chiefs i'm pretty prud of this team coming back in the finals and forced a seventh game to loose it then was tough but we will come back there and i'm looking forward to it but the dragons diserved the win and i'm proud n my brother from another mother mike izzy which won the cup.

Code:
163 words

TASK FOUR: Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals. Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread. Please make the subject of the message “CW Word Scramble." [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

1. avoopktsmmsia
2. kdiogdaaser
3. cujzirkeekows
4. srkovoobhdfireo

pm send

TASK SIX: Both of the goaltenders in the finals have put up a remarkable battle for their teams to get them this far. Between the two starting goaltenders, who wins the goalie battle, and will it be enough for them to bring their team home a Cup win? Justify your decision in at least 150 words with at least two goalie statistics and one team statistic.

this will be a very close battle for sure and will tough to figure out but i would go with mr Hocolate here he has an higher save % with 92.2 faced more shots and have a lower goal against avarage with 2.57 goals per games so this maked him the batter goalie in this battle and did him have an huge factor of winning the cup for his team also the clagary dragons got 192 blocked shots which are 45 more blocked shots as the chiefs have so this helped this goalie alot so the team work of the dragons in this level was higher as the chiefs and helped him to win the cup for sure i hope we form the chiefs can learn form this good work of the dragons and can copy that for futre playoffs or final battles in the future and the chief will come up with another cup again

Code:
155 words

TASK EIGHT: Design the championship banner for the S40 Challenge Cup. Must include team logo, team name, and at least one render.

[Image: ajw1xXR.jpg]

TASK NINE: Trivia! Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread. Please make the subject of the message “CW Trivia.” [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 for each correct answer.]

1. Who is the Minnesota Chiefs’ only historical winner of both the Ron Mexico and Sarmad Khan trophies?
2. Which two Western Conference teams have the Minnesota Chiefs defeated in the Finals to win Challenge Cups?
3. Who were the Dragons’ first two inductees into their team’s Hall of Fame in S6?
4. What is the Dragons’ Jesster Award awarded for?

pm send

Bonus question: Who scores the Cup-winning goal?
terrance nova

[Image: P9htSSf.png]
[Image: Sr4Rvg.gif]

#TeamFuhrby
#knightsknation

Code:
TASK THREE: Create a magazine cover showcasing one of the players who will be competing in the finals. Must include at least one player render, player name, a magazine title, and at least one story preview/headline.
[Image: WzELllB.png]
Code:
TASK SEVEN: Design a comical fan sign that you might see in the stands during the Cup finals. Must include one player name, a number, team logo OR team colors, and a slogan or text.
[Image: gOzFr8z.png]
Code:
TASK EIGHT: Design the championship banner for the S40 Challenge Cup. Must include team logo, team name, and at least one render.
[Image: VIr7uAP.png]
Code:
Dani Forsberg

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

Quote:Originally posted by TML99@May 1 2018, 12:52 PM
TASK FOUR:
delete dis
pm it

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

TASK FOUR: Sent

TASK FIVE:
[Image: oLDqRYu.png]

TASK SEVEN:
[Image: ziNkage.png]

TASK EIGHT:
[Image: pXdZ9yg.png]

TASK NINE: Sent

Bonus : Dani Forsberg

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

Task One:

CC: Hello everyone and welcome to Game 1 of the SHL Challenge Cup Final between the Minnesota Chiefs and the Calgary Dragons. I'm honoured to have a special guest commentator with me tonight by the name of Hercules Rockefeller. Hercules, thank you for joining me!

HF: Ugh, I can't believe they're making me sit here and watch these damn Dragons play in the Final. I don't hate many things in this world, but 2 of those things are the Dragons.

CC: Uhh, Hercules we're live on the air right now.

HF: Good, I want the world to hear this *hiccups*. The Dragons are trash and I'm gonna enjoy making fun of them for the whole broadcast. Pass me that bottle of Jack.

CC: Whoa there, you're not supposed to be drinking right now.

HF: What?!?! You want me to sit and watch this tripe without being bombed? Not a chance Cuthbert, buddy ol pal.

CC: Good lord, we couldn't even get through the introduction without an incident.

HF: You want an intro? Here it is. Hey everyone, what's up? Who's ready to watch those dirty bastards in Calgary play a green team from the East? Yeah, me either. So come in and join me as I lambast the Dragons for 3 hours!

CC: Welp, we're never getting a guest commentator again.

HF: *hiccups* Bite me, Chris.

Legend: CC=Chris Cuthbert, HF=Hercules Rockefeller
(225 words)

Task Two:

My pick for the unsung hero of the playoffs is Lord Pretty Flacko of the Minnesota Chiefs. While he's a known commodity in the SHL, his career is winding down. In his 15th season since being drafted, Flacko is still playing good hockey and keeping up with his younger teammates in Minnesota. In these playoffs, Flacko has put up 9 points in 13 games, good for sixth on the team. It's been balance as well, potting 5 goals and 4 assists. He's also thrown his weight around even at his age, putting up 19 hits. Minnesota has really relied on Lord Pretty in these playoffs, playing him over 23 minutes a game. In return he has given them great depth scoring and also solid defensive work. Eventually, Flacko will slow down enough where he isn't the player he is now, but until that happens he's going to be an important piece for this Chiefs team. No matter how many young guys they add to the lineup, the Chiefs unsung hero has still be an old friend, Lord Pretty Flacko.

(179 words)

Task Four:
PM'd

Task Six:

The Challenge Cup Final pits two very good goaltenders against each other. Olli O'Koivu of the Chiefs and Richard C. Hocolate of the Dragons have both been great for their teams. Going into the series, however, the edge goes to the Dragons goalie. Let's dive into the numbers.

O'Koivu has put up great numbers, posting a 0.914 save percentage and a 2.45 goals against average. The Chiefs given him some help by only giving up just less than 30 shots a game as well. Olli has given them stable goaltending, but his competitor on the other side has done an even better job.

Richard Hocolate has been on fire in these playoffs, posting a 0.928 save percentage and a 2.40 goals against average. Both of those stats are leading the playoffs. Richard has even faced more shots than O'Koivu in one less game as his team is giving up just over 32 shots per game. He's putting up fantastic numbers and it's not because he has an amazing defense in front of him. He's facing his fair amount of shots and still turning them away. He's given Calgary a ton of confidence and it's showing.

So, while O'Koivu has been quite good so far, there's no denying that Hocolate is on some kind of run right now. He's going into the Finals with a decided edge.

(226 words)

Task Nine:
PM'd

Bonus Question:
Lord Pretty Flacko

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

On last page instead.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

1- [TASK ONE]

''Hiccups-EYYY EVERYONE!!! Hockey fans and fams! Shams...Clams... Err... HEYYY!!! Must Be The Money! Tapu Lele! Welcum err come to Gwame one of the ESH-HACH HELL's CHAAAAAAAAMPIONSHIP FINALELELELELELELELE....Did The Rock thing right here in this buurp-iiiiiitch! Tonight! My boys the CHIEFS faces who we'll make our bitches the Drag Queens! Drag-ons? Mother frogging Game of Thrones! DRAGONS YEAH!! Why was it so hard to say? Anyway, this should be a fun match up! Machop? Match UP! Between two teams that deserves to be there! My name is Sebatichen HAHA Christ I chainsaw massacred my name! I'm that guy who allowed five nets in the other Finals! You know? With the birds from that broken down town and the the Kool-Aid... euhm, non, the Kahlua... No that's what I had just before doing this so where are the Knights from again, Kal-El AH! KELOWNA! We'll be right back! I need a drink...Man I'm tired, think I'm gonna go nap until the game starts.''

Total words: 161

2 - [TASK TWO]

Although he suffered defeat in the Four Star Cup Finals against the Kelowna Knights, Sebastien Primeau is among the playoff's unsung heroes with his stellar performances all the way to the Finals.

With an 8 wins and 6 loss record and a 0.900 save percentage he was there for his team when they needed him the most, making the stops needed to allow his forward and defensive line to get the job done. The way the Falcons got passed the Montreal Militia, who have a superior goalie in paper than Primeau in Cedric Moreau and the shocking victory against the Season 39 Champions St-Louis Scarecrows in five was greatly in part thanks to Sebastien being ever so vigilant in front of the net and making the key stops allowing the guys in front of him to go free without worrying that the next shot will go in.

Sebastien Primeau has been a constant, strong and stable member of the Detroit Falcons since his arrival int he middle of Season 38 and he is showing just how much potential he has during these series. Next season looks very promising for the young Montreal native, his last in the SMHJL.

3 - [TASK FOUR]

PM sent

4 - [TASK SIX]

Going to my backyard on this one I will be talking about myself as it just so happens I am among the pair of lead goaltenders that defend the net for the teams contending for the Four Star Cup between my boys Detroit Falcons and the Kelowna Knights. I believe I have what it takes to win the ''Goalie Battle'' as currently on the statistics side I edge my rival in terms of win-loss record. While he, again before the Finals, have a record of 4 wins and 1 loss I have 8 wins and two losses. The only way he can tie up for the amount of wins is of the Knights sweep the Finals. I also have a superior save percentage with .916 against Blackfyre's .891. Now, will it be enough on it's own to win the Four Star Cup? Of course not! I need the help of my boys on the blue line and on the offense to deliver and block shots but more importantly score goals while I do my job to stop pucks. I have faith in our boys against Kelowna, their best player had 9 points before the Finals while no less than five on my end had at least 10 points including Flacko Lagerfield who leads with 14.

Of course we all know what happened during Game One of the Finals, but as I said before: It's just one game. Wink

Word Count: 237

5 - [TASK NINE]

PM sent

TASK FOUR: DONE

TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S40 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.

Roman Augustus – With so much focus for the big games always being about the scoring or big saves by the keepers, the defensive side of the game gets lost sometimes in the shuffle. Augustus might not be remembered for this cups run as being the big name to draw them to the win but what he contributed quietly towards the success of the teams cannot be understated. Eatting 32 shots over the 19 games in the shin pads shows he was not afraid in the slightest to help alleviate the pressure on his goaltender and use his body as an extra saving grace for his team. Mixed in with his 24 minutes per night on the ice, the man was a pure workhorse for the Dragons playing some pretty massive match ups and key minutes and clearly helping to get things done on the ice. Its not always about scoring, dangles, and big cellies, sometime you need to sing the praises of those who work hide behind the scenes as well. (171 words)

TASK SIX: Both of the goaltenders in the finals have put up a remarkable battle for their teams to get them this far. Between the two starting goaltenders, who wins the goalie battle, and will it be enough for them to bring their team home a Cup win? Justify your decision in at least 150 words with at least two goalie statistics and one team statistic.

Richard C Hocolate – The heir apparent to the long serving wongy, hocolate has picked up the torch of decorated/ solid Calgary goaltenders and kept the trend going. With another cup win and the stats after the fact it was clear the cup would be coming to Calgary with him in net. This is an after the fact, as he DID win, but the trends could have been seen coming regardless. With it all said and done, he stood above the Minnesota keeper with a save percentage of .922 to O’Koivu’s .909, mixed with the sheer fact that Calgary’s last two rounds were so scarily close ( 47 goals for, and 44 against) there was little, to no room for error for the Calgary net minder. Every game was close and the smallest mistake could have signaled disaster for them, but his timely saves (while being pelted by 33 shots a night, 627 total) kept the Dragons in it til the end and allowed his offense the right times/ games to score/ win to take home the ultimate victory. (178 words)

TASK SEVEN: Design a comical fan sign that you might see in the stands during the Cup finals. Must include one player name, a number, team logo OR team colors, and a slogan or text.

[Image: maxresdefault.png]

TASK NINE: DONE

Bonus question: Who scores the Cup-winning goal? Randy Randleman

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]

Quote:TASK ONE: Your player has been invited to do color commentary for Game 1 of the Finals. (Un)fortunately, your player’s decided to drink a bit before making this guest appearance. In at least 150 words, write a transcript of the opening commentary of the game and your player’s introduction.
Helloooooooo SHL fans and... and welcome to the Challenge Cup Finals... where Calgary is going to be playin the Chiefs for the trophy thing. Wow, yeah, hahaahaaahaa, that trophy is pretty fucking cool isn't it? Anyway, yeah, *hiccups* this is going to be a great matchup between these two teams... sooo my keys to the game are going to be uhhhhhhhhhhh.... that whoever scores more goals is gonna come out with that big ol' win. Yeaaaaah anyway, soooo, oh shit looks like we are starting to get players out on the ice for warmups... I should probably be down there hahahaaha, but I'm not cause honestly fuck warmups, I'm ready for this shit. By the way, have I mentioned that the Dragons are pretty fucking neat... honestly, bunch of good guys hahaha... yeah, good dudes. Alright, well that about wraps up all the time I got, soooo uhhh... do I just leave or like what do I do now? Just stand here... uhhh okay I guess that I can do that. Oh yeah, Dragons gonna win this one... no doubt. Peace, Garrett out.

Quote:TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S40 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.
Unsung hero of the S40 players for me at least would have to go to Adam Kaiser of the Calgary Dragons. So far, a lot of the series have been about high flying offenses, but lets give the defense some love. Going into the finals against the Minnesota Chiefs, Kaiser was the team leader in hits with 45 and 2nd on the squad in blocked shots with 17, only behind Roman Augustus who has 22. His point total going into the finals wasn't really anything to write home about (5 points with a -2 rating), but he has scored some really critical goals in the finals so far and has been a big reason as to why the Dragons have won some of their games. Another thing that makes Kaiser so impressive is that he is out there putting up big time minutes, currently averaging just over 25 minutes per game. Hats off to Mr. Kaiser for being my S40 Unsung Hero!

Quote:TASK FOUR: Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals. Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread. Please make the subject of the message “CW Word Scramble." Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer

1. avoopktsmmsia
2. kdiogdaaser
3. cujzirkeekows
4. srkovoobhdfireo
PM Sent

Quote:TASK SIX: Both of the goaltenders in the finals have put up a remarkable battle for their teams to get them this far. Between the two starting goaltenders, who wins the goalie battle, and will it be enough for them to bring their team home a Cup win? Justify your decision in at least 150 words with at least two goalie statistics and one team statistic.
Alright, so in terms of actual skill I think that Olli O'Koivu is probably the better goalie, but I'm going to go with Richard C Hocolate as winning this goalie battle. Going into the finals, Hocolate ranked first in the post season in save percentage and goals against average (.928 and 2.40 respectively) while O'Koivu was ranked 3rd and 2nd in those categories (.914 and 2.45), so at least statistically, Hocolate has the edge going into the finals. Secondly, Hocolate has the better statistics all while facing more shots than the Minnesota netminder (403 vs 382). Another thing that will help Hocolate be the favorite is that, once again going into the finals, the Dragons were the slightly better team at blocking shots with the Dragons blocking 127 shots to the Chiefs 109 shots. All-in-all, this is going to be a very interesting matchup between these 2 goalies and I look forward to seeing who it is that truly comes out on top in this one.

Quote:TASK NINE: Trivia! Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread. Please make the subject of the message “CW Trivia.” Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 for each correct answer.

1. Who is the Minnesota Chiefs’ only historical winner of both the Ron Mexico and Sarmad Khan trophies?
2. Which two Western Conference teams have the Minnesota Chiefs defeated in the Finals to win Challenge Cups?
3. Who were the Dragons’ first two inductees into their team’s Hall of Fame in S6?
4. What is the Dragons’ Jesster Award awarded for?
PM Sent

BONUS: Joe Kurczewski

RenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsa
[Image: GkHz3HI.png]

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]

I haven't followed the playoffs too closely so I don't actually know if the player I chose is an unpopular choice or not but I think Adam Kaiser is worthy of a lot of praise for his work during the playoffs. The league is quick to look at offensive stats to decide who the best players are, and I believe defense is often ignored, unless it's paired with a great amount of points. Although Kaiser only managed to collect 5 assists during the playoffs so far, he leads the league in hits with 45 and is also in the top 10 in shots blocked. He is also the most used player for the Dragons each match, averaging a little over 25 minutes on the ice per game. He might not be the point scoring machine that other defensemen in the league are but he delivers in aspects of the game that are often neglected but just as important for a team's success, namely physicality and defense.

TASK FOUR: Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals. Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread. Please make the subject of the message “CW Word Scramble." [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

PM'ed

Although it's true that both goalies played really well and gave their teams a chance to win every night, it's impossible to ignore the fact that Richard C. Hocolate is a league leader in almost every single statistical category. His saving percentage is nothing short of amazing and with only 3 games dropped by him and his team, it's tough not seeing him as the obvious winner in this matchup. Calgary is giving up more shots than Minnesota as a team, and are even second to last in the league in that department since the playoffs started, and Hocolate met the challenge brilliantly. Indeed, even with one less game played, the Dragons have given up 21 more shots than the Chiefs. Even in these circumstances, Hocolate's GAA remained under 3. Every series is different and you can't rely solely on your goaltender to win, but, so far, Richard C. Hocolate surely was a major factor in the Dragons' success and I do believe with such impressive performances, Dragons fans can only be excited about the finals.

[Image: IMN2PST.png]

TASK NINE: Trivia! Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread. Please make the subject of the message “CW Trivia.” [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 for each correct answer.]

PM'ed

Esa Anrikkanen

[Image: engishl.gif]
FranceMonarchsCitadellesMonarchsScarecrowsCitadellesMonarchsScarecrowsCitadellesMonarchsScarecrowsFrance

Task One:
"Oh come off it, I'm not drunk at all. I'm a German hockey player for crissakes. I can have a few beers and a few shots of Jamison and not even feel it. I'm insulted that you would insinuate such a thing, acting like I showed up for this guest appearance that I definitely knew about well in advance in a less than sober state. This is absolutely ridiculous and your unfounded accusations are clearly libel. I'm here to talk about hockey, not to be personally attacked by some bigot who has a thing against Germans or something. Please treat me with more respect sir and solve your problems on your own time. Actually forget it, I'm not getting paid to be here or anything, I don't have to put up with this and I have better places to be. Thanks for being an asshole, asshole."

"Uhhhhh... And that was Manuel Gotze with his take on the positional matchups between the Dragons and the Chiefs."

Task Four:
PM Sent

Task Nine:
PM Sent

Bonus Question:
Halfdan Thorstein

[Image: gotze_team_siggy.png]
[Image: lKRNHAn.png]

Task 2:

There are many heros on the Calgary Dragons but my pick for unsing hero of these playoffs is Richard C Hocolate. He was outstanding in round 1, round 2 and round 3, bringing home the Challenge Cup for the Dragons. He put up a 2.57 Goals Against Average and a .922 Save Percentage. He had 12 wins and just 7 losses. He also had 1 shoutout and even 2 assists! A goalie who won the cup and also had 2 assists? That's a hero in my book. Richard C Hocolate was strong in a come from behind win against Winnipeg, he stood tall in game 7 of the concerence finals in overtime also. He then went on to beat Minnesota in game 7 of the cup finals and allowed only 1 goal in the final game. He was in my opinion the biggest factor in the Calgary Dragons winning the Season 40 Challenge Cup. Their 6th cup in history and the 4th in the last 14 seasons. Hocolate also became the first Dragons goalie to win a cup since the great Hunter Wong and finally stepped out of his shadow.

Task 3:

[Image: tSPZzit.jpg]

Task 4: TASK FOUR: Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals. Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread. Please make the subject of the message “CW Word Scramble." [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

PM Sent

Task 9: PMd

Bonus:
Joe K Dragons

[Image: mstuk41.gif]
[Image: 35884_s.gif]

[Image: jcjcF7J.png][Image: nHs4nH0.png]

TASK ONE: Your player has been invited to do color commentary for Game 1 of the Finals. (Un)fortunately, your player’s decided to drink a bit before making this guest appearance. In at least 150 words, write a transcript of the opening commentary of the game and your player’s introduction.

Here we are with Game 1 of the S40 Challenge Cup Finals! I may or may not have had a few extra ginger ales tonight. Bear with me here as I get the lineups for the uh, Drabins of Calgary and Minnesota Shafts. Ahh I have two blurry sets of lineups, you all know the brave souls out there, you've been watching them the entire postseason! Ahh the National Anthems. Shh. WE ARE UNDERWAY HERE IN CALGARY. Shit, I don't remember the captains name. Oh well! He's a great guy! I think he actually just bought a house around the Calgary area. Looking to stick around for the long haul. Fuck, is that popcorn!? Gimme some of that. So buttery. A burger! Someone get me another beer. *Inaudible singing* I love this song when it comes on. It's always so late in the period when it comes on. Ahh the period is over, finally, I can go get another beer. Your score is Calgary Bingbongs 1 and Minnesota Cities 0. *Microphone crashing sound*

173 words

TASK TWO: Unsung hero

The unsung hero of the S40 playoffs has to be Calgary Goaltender Richard C Hocolate. As sweet as his beautiful name suggests, his SA% and GAA through this years playoffs has been tremendous. Boasting a 0.928 SA% and a 2.40 GAA, he has been absolutely phenomenal thus far. With an 8-3-1 record in 12 GP, he hopes to close the finals in just as dominant fashion, and quickly. Richard has the trust of his strong Calgary team and there is no doubt from the front end to the back end that this team can go all the way. It's only a matter of time that Calgary wins the cup. Minnesota has a lethal offense that has been tough to stifle thus far. Hoping to end the series in no more than 5 games, Minnesota is hungry for the back to back cups, and Hocolate is confident he can brick wall them to the runner up medals.

156 words

TASK FOUR: Unscramble

PMd

TASK SIX:

The Goalie battle between Damien Blackfyre and Sebastien Primeau is super close. Both these goalies are super close statistically. Their save % is basically identical. With Backfyre rocking a 0.894% and Primeau having a 0.901 save %. They are 1 and 2 in this department. Although goals against average tells a different story. Blackfyre leads this with a 2.44 GAA and Primeau has 2.68. This can be attributed to Blackfyre’s league leading 5 shutouts to Primeau’s one. Also Primeau had 2nd most loses in the SMJHL with 17 while Blackfyre leads the league in wins. I would say that Blackfyre has the goalie battle in spades just because he has a much better team all around him. His ability to take control of a game is huge and Kelowna being 1st in the league is most things is a good statistic to have behind your back. It is usually the best team in the league that has the best performing goalie statistically.

162 words.

TASK NINE: Trivia

PMd

Bonus: Izzy

[Image: dEKENS.png]

3 time Four Star Cup Champion S40-S42
S43 Jesster Trophy Nominee Winner

Scored my first SHL goal in just my second SHL game. 2. Manhattan Rage , James Dekens 1 (Mikael Talo 1, Sigurd Hansen 1) at 18:39

My choice for season 40 playoff unsung hero is none other than Adam Kaiser from the Calgary Dragons, one of the first players to show me around the league and draft me in the SMJHL. He played a very defensive game for the Calgary Dragons & was a key player for them in any type of situation. He put up 11 points in 19 games but what’s most impressive to me is his 75 hits & 29 shots blocked. These are some pretty incredible stats to me & I believe he deserves to be recognized for that. Sure some would argue it’s because he played high minutes but he did a great job at keeping the puck out the net & keeping his team calm in critical parts of the game. There are quite a few others players who deserved to be named an unsung hero but Kaiser stands out the most to me.
Code:
154 Words
TASK FOUR:
PM'd

Both goalies have had a fantastic run in the season 40 playoffs. I think ultimately the series will come down to the battle of the goalies theres Richard C. Hocolate from the Calgary Dragons who was dominant in the regular season & also Olli O’Koivu who has played just as well. I think Richard C. Hocolate has what it takes to win the series over O’Koivu. The Dragons netminder has a .922 save percentage & 2.57 GAA which is really impressive. O’Koivu has a 0.909 save percentage & 2.79 GAA. Also really great stats. I also think the reason Calgary will take the series is the team in front of Hocolate, they were able to sign some very key players in free agency this year & went all in, after those signings we knew we would see the Dragons back in the post season even hungrier after being eliminated in the first round. Another team stat that stands out to me is that Calgary went 12-6-1 this postseason & had the best power play percentage at 23.61 & best penalty kill.
Code:
181 Words

TASK NINE:
Pm'd

Bonus question: Louie Garett Dragons

Stampede Citadelles  [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]  Citadelles Stampede
[Image: goilers.gif]

Code:
TASK ONE: Your player has been invited to do color commentary for Game 1 of the Finals. (Un)fortunately, your player’s decided to drink a bit before making this guest appearance. In at least 150 words, write a transcript of the opening commentary of the game and your player’s introduction.

Good evening ladies and gentleman and welcome to the Satellitedome here in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. We are live for the main event of the evening and game one of the Championship Cup Final here in the Swedish Hockey League. Fighting in the Red corner, sitting at two hundred and fifty pounds, The Calgary Dragons! And fighting in the blue corner, sitting at 2 hundred and sixty pounds, The Minnesota Chiefs! I am your host Sami "The Bust" Owens from the Hamilton Steelhawks. Also known as the biggest bust in SHL History. Tonight's match for the Championship Cup looks to be a barn burner. I think the Calgary Dragons are the favorites of this fight but the Minnesota Chiefs do have a shot here. The Chiefs just need to use their ground and pound effectively and not stay up on their feet with the Dragons. The Dragons need to strike fast and early to get the Chiefs off their game. It should be an interesting match tonight.
Quote:166 words

Code:

My unsung hero these playoffs thus far for me is Minnesota Chiefs second line winger Halfdan Thorstein. Halfdan Thorstein is currently sitting at 10 points in 13 games. He is my unsung hero because he is not necessarily the star player on the Chiefs but is playing extremely well. His shooting percentage is sitting at a low 5.41% compared to a lot of the other Chiefs who have 10% plus shooting percentage.His 8 assists from the second line is also impressive .To me this shows Halfdan Thorstein is playing extremely well in his role. He is also plays both special team roles which is important although their penalty kill has been struggling. He is relied upon by the Chiefs coaching staff heavily as he is one of the top minute averages per game with 23.26 average minutes per games. Halfdan Thorstein has been a pretty good player thus far in the playoffs and having depth like the Chiefs have is always nice to have and could help them win the Cup.
Quote:171 Words

Code:

PM

Code:

So far in the playoffs both goaltenders for the Calgary Dragons and Minnesota Chiefs have put up great preformances and are major reasons why their teams are in the finals. Calgary goaltender Richard Hocolate has been the better goaltender thus far in my opinion with a .928 save percentage and 2.40 goals against average. Olli O'Koivu has a .914 save percentage and 2.45 goals against average. I think one major difference that could play a major role in this series for goaltending would be special teams. The Calgary Dragon penalty kill is ticking at 85.37% and the Minnesota Chiefs are currently ticking at 75.68%. Richard is obviously a major part of that successful penalty kill the Dragons have going on this playoffs thus far. In terms of powerplay percentage the Chiefs sit at 19.57% and the Dragons currently at 17.07% which isn't much of a difference. SO i believe that the penalty kill for the Dragons could play a significant role in how both these goalies preform. I believe Richard will end up with the cup.
Quote: 177 words

Code:

PM

Bonus: Joe Kurczewski

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup