Create Account

S41 PT #1 - New Wave

Obviously, I won't be recreating any time soon, but the idea of a Power Forward has intrigued me more than one time already. A big, physical threat whenever he's on the ice - not to mention a constant threat to score - a player not unlike James Neal or Patrick Maroon comes to mind. I've heard varying opinions on the levels of success of Power Forwards, but that won't dissuade me. Power Forward would be my archetype if I recreated today.

Jesper Karlsson would be of Latvian descent despite having a very obviously Swedish name. He'd be quite the physical specimen; 6 foot 4, 220 pounds and on the wing. Likely the right wing though I'd probably end up on the left wing at some point. His strengths would be Checking, Scoring, and Defense; while his weakness would be Passing, funnily enough. My thinking is that my Passing would likely be no better than 70-75 at its peak, while I'd want my Skating to be higher than my Passing in my final build. Additionally, I want to be feared when I step on the ice. Passers don't have that terror factor in their game like enforcers. I don't want to be a beefcake just hitting fools - I want to score as well. Hopefully, Jesper Karlsson would be one of the best two-way players the league has ever seen.

232 words

[Image: Carbine.gif]
Sig Credit: Suavemente, rum_ham, Turd Ferguson

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

[Image: 711381262207811636.png]

<center>

There is a long time, and many goaltending records, before I consider recreating with a new player. So far in the league I have had a forward, a defenseman and a goaltender, but with the previous two players I didn't play to their potential and get the chance to explore things properly. Which makes me think that if I were to recreate it would be as a forward or a defenseman, and of the two positions I think defenseman would be the most likely. I would stick with a family member of the players I already have made during my time here. Perhaps a son or nephew of Cédric, or a son of Brandon Gauthier who might be trying to make the mistakes of his father's career right. Whatever decision I make it will not be for a long time. The plan is for Cédric to lead the Manhattan Rage to many Challenge Cups, to break goaltending records and enjoy at least 20 seasons as a starting goaltender in the SHL. Maybe once I have achieved all of those it will be time to welcome the third Moreau to the league!

Code:
TOTAL WORD COUNT: 191

</center>

[Image: W8ZyU0w.png]
[Image: EilhEKw.gif]

Wolfpack Canada Battleborn

Jesus, that's a bit far off unless Dan here does a complete nose-dive, but let's see: maybe a goalie, that seems like nothing but a career full of misery and regret; my two most well-beloved emotions.

Maybe a Swiss goalie -- except, well, there is no Switzerland in the IIHF in this league, so maybe something suitably clandestinely European? French-Canadian, or maybe a Slovakian tendie. Maybe a lady goalie, since that seems like it could potentially be an endless source of fivehole-related puns. Make her a total disastrous bogan, have her live out of a tent sitting in the bed of a ute or maybe in a caravan. She'd have a dog, though, as a travel companion.

But enough about the character of the recreate, let's talk about builds! Except there really only seems to be one functional goalie build, by the looks of it, and that's strengths of Hand Speed, Style Control, and Reaction Time, with a weakness of Skating. Shame, that. Makes it almost seem like we'd be better of automating goalies, or else requiring GMs to field them as recreates since there so little variability. I still feel like Agility and Rebound Control might wind up relevant early on, and high Endurance seems like it has the potential to be a sleeper stat that might easily be overlooked.

Just some thoughts, though. Second season with Double Dan, committing much else to theat recreation process at this point seems like a reach. :lol:

Considering I've done center and then switched to defense and am now a sniper winger, I've done alot. I'm not super sure what my next guy will be. I'm here thinking a purely defensive winger, like a role player. Not know for his production abilities, but rather his defensive play. Like Marcus Kruger in the NHL, a really skilled defensive forward. Maybe a checking defensive defenseman, again not an offensive guy, instead he'll be a stay at home star, Marc Methot like maybe. A goalie sounds pretty intruiging too. Gonna last a while hopefully with a goalie, hit the hall of fame. I'd like to do something unique with my next guy

Getting closer and closer to my regression, I have thought about what's coming up next. My first thought was to make a player named Cash Considerations, but I already have made a guy like that in GOMHL. One thing is certain, my next player will be a defenseman, since I wanted to make one as this player, but since I was gming team Latvia at the time of creating Maurizio and they needed wingers, I made one again. Being a winger for three years running is a bit boring, so it's just time to go back to the roots and make a gritty, huge defenseman. My first sim league player was a defenseman, all the way back in 2014. The name could be something F1 related again, Arrivabene is a bloody cool name and I probably will look at Ferrari at one way or the other again. Maybe Charles Leclerc's long lost Monegasque cousin, Pierre? Who knows, only time will tell.

161 words

If I decide to recreate again, I would make a defenseman. My defenseman would be named Sami Dahlin. Sami Dahlin would be a Two-Way defenseman from Sweden. Sami would be a a defenseman that will get a lot of hits and also shots blocked while also having an offensive flair. As a defenseman it is important in the SHL to be a hit and Shot block machine so that would be the plan for Sami Dahlin. One thing I feel is lacking with Sami Owens is the fact he does not hit, and checking is his weakness. I think with Dahlin I would make something like scoring be a weakness. His story would be a young kid from Sweden playing in the Swedish Hockey League for MODO. He would get drafted into the SMJHL to eventually make it to the SHL. The goal would be to have Sami Dahlin be a SHL Fantasy God and also put up a lot of points.

Code:
162 Words

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

I think about my new player all of the time. For a while, I was going to create a Dominican defenseman named Carlito Crush. But then I liked the name too much and created an NSFL player with that name and backstory instead. I don’t think I’ll ever end up being a goalie. Just doesn’t seem to be the best idea ever. Still a bit torn between forward again, or a defenseman. Assuming I’m still GMing the Scarecrows, my recreate may matter based on the team need at the time. But If I really had to push, I’ll probably end up being an American forward again. Now that I’ve had a pretty good player in the SHL, I’ve learned a LOT about smart TPE spending, and I’d like to see what I can do with a player who doesn’t suffer from all of the “trial and error” that a newbie gives out. (152)

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

My next player is easy and i have been planning him since about a month after my first player Muller. He will be a sniper, the best sniper ever. I am very experienced in making my snipers elite from a very low tpe count. and with how i am in the shl, i am confident my sniper will be the best ever. The players name will be Jeffery Lamar-Williams, which is the real life name of famous rapper and genius young thug. My plan is to get my nuber retired by 2 teams, win multiple cups, break the goals in a season and career record, and go down as the best of all time. i have no doubt that this is all achievable, and i prolly wont even break 1200 tpe. Just you wait SHL, someday my boy is coming, and at that point, jeffery gonna make all the competition look like 5 year olds. Boys gonna be from the amazon cuz jeffery got hair like amazon

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

It's a long way off so it's a difficult thought to even take seriously. Right now the most entertaining idea to me would be a defenseman with a mostly awful build who has a very particular set of skills that make him a nightmare for people like you. Those skills would be strength, checking, and fighting. Basically what I'm looking to build is a good. He would probably be pretty awful at doing important things like playing defense, but he no be smart enough for do that. I think his background would be a super soldier experiment gone wrong that left him with super strength and no clue what to do with it. I think the build would probably be so bad that I would only mess around with it for a few seasons before retiring and recreating again. Then I think I'd probably try a real defender build, but one with a better offensive skill set than most because that's more fun.

[Image: xOtrQ61.gif]

If i were to recreate today i would probably make a Goalie, the son of Robert Andersson. Making a skater wasn't what i thought it would be and even though being a goalie was very frustrating at time, at least it showed at the end of the season from day 1. So i would like to carry Roberts genes on in the SHL and make another goalie. Last time i think i did it as a hybrid, but without the common 3 primary stats as strengths. Switched out Style Control for Rebound Control, only because i interpreted wrong and thought that you couldn't take all 3. I'm not quiet sure about what first name he would be, perhaps Fredrik? It's a good name and it could make it easy to use him as a render choice, even though he's butt-ugly. Again, i think it would be a Hybrid Goalie. He would be half swedish, half american, because Ariana Grande would be his mother. I am 99% sure he would play for Team Sweden though.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Written task: What do you think you'll make when you recreate? Write 150 words about who your next player might be. Who will they be? What's their story? What kind of player? Must be at least 150 words and include a player name, nationality, position, and an archetype.

I still have quite a bit of time left with Louie Garrett before I plan on making a new player, but if I had to guess I will at least make something other than a winger. Goalie doesn't interest me too much so probably either a play making center or a defenseman, either offensive or defensive. I will probably continue to making players representing the USA, but again I haven't put a whole lot of thought into where specifically they will be from. Since Joe is always pestering me about making my player's name Dizzy they will probably have to be named that in some regard. As far as the last name goes I literally just used a name generator right now and got Dombroski so I guess the full name would be Dizzy Dombroski. So yeah, all-in-all, I still haven't put a ton of time or thought into it and it is all very likely to change but right now lets go with an American play making center named Dizzy Dombroski. Hopefully, I'll be setting up scorers for seasons to come with him.

RenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsa
[Image: GkHz3HI.png]

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]

Well obviously there will be a new star coming into the league in a couple of more seasons to come. He will not be a forward because there is too many of those but he will be a defenseman for sure. An offensive defenseman who is hungry for cups, points, assists and wins for sure. He is the man, Austin Roenick. He grew up watching hockey and thinking he will want to be a hockey player just like them but he wants to be good so he has been playing hockey ever since he started watching which is when he was small I guess.

Coming from Sweden where defenseman stars are made, he living a hockey town, he is the next player to needed for teams that need a defenseman of a future and a right handed defenseman. He will be reaching that level at some point but he will be fun to watch.

[Image: giphy.gif]

I have already begun thinking of life after Alex Light for me. Chances are that I will take a few seasons off before I recreate to take a break from the site. Afterwards I will be coming back with a Center. For the last 2 seasons I’ve had cryptic messages in a second dropdown in my signature. That is Ecks Dee, my future player. I have not quite decided what sort of build I want him to have, but I’m leaning towards him being a 2-way center for the moment. This time, I would want my player to be from Switzerland and experience IIHF recruitment from there. As the seasons pass, I’ll hopefully be able to make a player that will put up more points than Light will. I’m not sure how active I’ll be on my second go-around but I’ll try my best to be just as active as I am on Light. However, before recreating I will still be pursuing a Challenge Cup for a bit. I need Alex Light to get his Triple Gold.

(177 words)

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[Image: i1xDMek.jpg]

Well i am very far away from a recreate. Just one season 1 of my SHL career, however i do have my next player in mind. My want is to be a goalie but i do not have the patience in the new SHL to bide my time. Ive built a offensive defender, a 2 way defender, and now im on my second two way powerforward.

My next player will be from Helsinki Finland, he will be a play making center named Teemu Barkov. I have never built a center, and i feel it is the most important position in hockey outside of goaltender. Not enough people like playing the playmaker either everyone seems focused on being a goal scorer. He would come from a poor family, that struggled to put him through hockey and chase his dreams now his goal is to be a star an repay his family for everything they have done. He wont be a typical play making center though he has a serious anger issue and can be triggered easily. Which means he has become abit of an enforcer with skill, willing to drop the gloves with anyone anytime.

West Kendall