Create Account

Future forum layout changes.

I love the way that the SBA has "Start Your Legacy" across the banner at the top of their site. Just jump right into it

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

07-15-2018, 09:17 AMRainDelay Wrote: Display all users who have been online today similar to how the old site had it.

What is the benefit of this over the current format? To me, the "last 15 minutes" is more relevant if I'm trying to contact someone.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

(This post was last modified: 07-16-2018, 12:42 PM by RainDelay.)

07-16-2018, 11:49 AMztevans Wrote:
07-15-2018, 09:17 AMRainDelay Wrote: Display all users who have been online today similar to how the old site had it.

What is the benefit of this over the current format? To me, the "last 15 minutes" is more relevant if I'm trying to contact someone.

Displaying that 285 users were online today is an easy gauge of the sites acitivity to outsiders.
On top of that, it just looks good.

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

07-16-2018, 12:42 PMRainDelay Wrote:

Displaying that 285 users were online today is an easy gauge of the sites acitivity to outsiders.

I can probably do this.. right now you can see it yourself if you go through this link: http://simulationhockey.com/online.php?action=today

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2018, 02:34 PM by DrunkenTeddy.)

I've made a bunch of changes today, might get time to do more in a bit but I figured I'd give everyone a little update:
  • Added Create A Player, beaujeaxbeaux, and player builder to header menus (except IPB, I just added create a player because it doesn't have drop downs yet and there's limited space)
  • Auto hide the sidebar on the dark/light themes when under 1150px wide, this prevents the forums from going outside the content border and looking weird
  • Darkened the background slightly on the netpen theme so it's not so blinding

If you don't see any of these changes on your end just hold Ctrl and hit F5.

06-27-2018, 06:12 PMKing Wrote: One idea, a little radical but I'll throw it out there.

The intimidation comes from there being way too many sub forums. Merge things, and turn some forums into just threads in other ones.

Off the suggestions the two I think will help the most are grouping everything that you do to improve your player into one forum, then everything involving actual simming into one forum.
  • Locker room
  • Discussion & Announcements
    • Announcements
    • SHL Discussion
    • General Discussion
    • Create a player
  • Player Development
    • Media
    • Graphics
    • Player Training
    • Activity Checks
    • Bank
  • Game Centre
    • SHL Games
      • Playoffs
    • SMJHL Games
      • Playoffs
    • IIHF Games
      • International Ice Hockey Federation
  • Transactions
    • Trades & Signings
    • Entry Drafts
  • Miscellenious
    • The Hall of Fame
    • SHL/SMJHL History
    • Player Database

Then the player threads.

this would do wonders

Japanese goaltender - Keisuke Suzuki

Japan Timber

Former winger for Chicago Syndicate - Romualds Loks

Latvia syndicate Militia

Also a SHL, SMJHL and IIHF Champion with Intars Ogle

Latvia  Steelhawks

[Image: b6RVUUV.png]
By teztify

07-16-2018, 02:21 PMrieksts Wrote:
06-27-2018, 06:12 PMKing Wrote: One idea, a little radical but I'll throw it out there.

The intimidation comes from there being way too many sub forums. Merge things, and turn some forums into just threads in other ones.

Off the suggestions the two I think will help the most are grouping everything that you do to improve your player into one forum, then everything involving actual simming into one forum.
  • Locker room
    • Announcements
    • SHL Discussion
    • General Discussion
    • Create a player
  • Player Development
    • Media
    • Graphics
    • Player Training
    • Activity Checks
    • Bank
  • Game Centre
    • SHL Games
      • Playoffs
    • SMJHL Games
      • Playoffs
    • IIHF Games
  • Transactions
    • Trades & Signings
    • Entry Drafts
  • Miscellenious
    • The Hall of Fame
    • SHL/SMJHL History
    • Player Database

Then the player threads.

this would do wonders

Thanks. Yeah trying to do from the perspective of when I first joined and what I wish the lay out was like then.

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons

• Locker room
    • Announcements
    • SHL Discussion
    • General Discussion
    • Create a player
  • Player Development
    • Media
    • Graphics
    • Player Training
    • Activity Checks
    • Bank
  • Game Centre
    • SHL Games
      • Playoffs
    • SMJHL Games
      • Playoffs
    • IIHF Games
  • Transactions
    • Trades & Signings
    • Entry Drafts
  • Miscellenious
    • The Hall of Fame
    • SHL/SMJHL History
    • Player Database

Then the player threads.

this would do wonders

I agree, that one is up to HO though. I know @Eggy216 wanted to do some sort of cleanup, but I'm not sure how far they have gotten with that.

07-16-2018, 02:20 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: I've made a bunch of changes today, might get time to do more in a bit but I figured I'd give everyone a little update:
  • Added Create A Player, beaujeaxbeaux, and player builder to header menus (except IPB, I just added create a player because it doesn't have drop downs yet and there's limited space)
  • Auto hide the sidebar on the dark/light themes when under 1150px wide, this prevents the forums from going outside the content border and looking weird
  • Darkened the background slightly on the netpen theme so it's not so blinding

If you don't see any of these changes on your end just hold Ctrl and hit F5.

great stuff today Teddy Cheers

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

07-16-2018, 02:36 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote:

• Locker room
    • Announcements
    • SHL Discussion
    • General Discussion
    • Create a player
  • Player Development
    • Media
    • Graphics
    • Player Training
    • Activity Checks
    • Bank
  • Game Centre
    • SHL Games
      • Playoffs
    • SMJHL Games
      • Playoffs
    • IIHF Games
  • Transactions
    • Trades & Signings
    • Entry Drafts
  • Miscellenious
    • The Hall of Fame
    • SHL/SMJHL History
    • Player Database

Then the player threads.

this would do wonders

I agree, that one is up to HO though. I know @Eggy216 wanted to do some sort of cleanup, but I'm not sure how far they have gotten with that.

Planning to do it towards the middle/end of the regular season. . .we were having so many issues with the forum leading into the recruitment so I couldn't do it pre-recruitment, and seemed like a bad idea to move things during the actual recruitment lol

07-16-2018, 02:09 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote:

I can probably do this.. right now you can see it yourself if you go through this link: http://simulationhockey.com/online.php?action=today

Thanks, I’ve seen the link but I think it’s much more beneficial for it to be displayed in plain sight.
I would be shocked if there’s not an option for it in the board/layout settings.

07-16-2018, 07:44 PMRainDelay Wrote:
07-16-2018, 02:09 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote:

Thanks, I’ve seen the link but I think it’s much more beneficial for it to be displayed in plain sight.
I would be shocked if there’s not an option for it in the board/layout settings.

Then you should be shocked I guess. I can do it, it'll just take some figuring out.

@DrunkenTeddy I don’t want to over-quote, but that’s incredible. It’s still beyond me how such a basic feature that is available on free forum software such as Jcink and zeta boards would be a struggle to implement on a top-of-the-line engine such as IPB.

Again, not upset with you, rather IPB lol.

07-17-2018, 07:44 AMRainDelay Wrote: @DrunkenTeddy I don’t want to over-quote, but that’s incredible. It’s still beyond me how such a basic feature that is available on free forum software such as Jcink and zeta boards would be a struggle to implement on a top-of-the-line engine such as IPB.

To clarify, this forum is MyBB, not IPB. That being said, I've added today's online list to the bottom of the light/dark themes. Unfortunately I can't hide the guests from the count, the majority of these "guests" are search crawlers since I'm in the middle of getting google to index our site, but oh well, it's there now.

07-17-2018, 05:29 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote:
07-17-2018, 07:44 AMRainDelay Wrote: @DrunkenTeddy I don’t want to over-quote, but that’s incredible. It’s still beyond me how such a basic feature that is available on free forum software such as Jcink and zeta boards would be a struggle to implement on a top-of-the-line engine such as IPB.

To clarify, this forum is MyBB, not IPB. That being said, I've added today's online list to the bottom of the light/dark themes. Unfortunately I can't hide the guests from the count, the majority of these "guests" are search crawlers since I'm in the middle of getting google to index our site, but oh well, it's there now.

Well that explains it, since I know for damn sure that it’s a mod available to IPB.

But thanks, this is a good start.