Create Account

Future forum layout changes.
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2018, 06:20 PM by DrunkenTeddy.)

More updates...
  • Fixed weird shadows under collapse buttons on light theme.
  • Netpen theme now shows subforums like the other themes, not in a drop down
  • Netpen theme now shows last post title and who posted on mobile rather than just the date
  • Re-added Active Topics to menu options on mobile for Netpen theme
  • Added the ability for users to upload .shl attachments (used for lines files)
  • *Turned off automatic redirection to netpen theme for mobile users.

*This was a tricky one... Yesterday I set this up and it seemed to be working well but some users were unable to switch back to the desktop view or to any theme aside from netpen on mobile. While I really want the forum to appear well on mobile for users who don't know to switch themes, it isn't really worth the hassle created by automatically selecting that theme.

For those of you really wanting a mobile theme, try out Netpen, it is a desktop and mobile theme that adjusts based on screen size. You can switch to this theme using the theme selector at the bottom right of the site.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Are we able to add a ‘word count’ add on to the posts?

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2018, 10:54 AM by DrunkenTeddy.)

07-25-2018, 08:22 AMMike Izzy Wrote: Are we able to add a ‘word count’ add on to the posts?

I believe there is a mod for this, I'll look into it.

I've added a plugin that shows word count when writing a post/reply. It also shows character count, which I don't think is really needed, so I'll look into limiting it to just words.

07-26-2018, 04:05 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: I've added a plugin that shows word count when writing a post/reply. It also shows character count, which I don't think is really needed, so I'll look into limiting it to just words.

Do you know why I can't see thread notes? Tomen said they see them like this at the top of the page. http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.p...pid2456604

Nothing appears on desktop or mobile for me.

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

07-26-2018, 07:18 PMToeDragon84 Wrote:
07-26-2018, 04:05 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: I've added a plugin that shows word count when writing a post/reply. It also shows character count, which I don't think is really needed, so I'll look into limiting it to just words.

Do you know why I can't see thread notes? Tomen said they see them like this at the top of the page. http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.p...pid2456604

I did not know this, have you tried clearing your browser cache?

07-26-2018, 07:18 PMToeDragon84 Wrote:

Fixed (sort of). Tomorrow I'll look at cleaning it up but you should now see TPE under the subject when looking at player pages.

Also fixed an issue with formatting on the Light skin (avatars appearing above posts)
And fixed an issue with the recaptcha on the registration page
And a couple more changes to fix little things in the netpen theme

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2018, 01:32 PM by DrunkenTeddy.)

So I've talked in a few different threads about what's been done lately, but haven't really given an update here on forum changes.

-changed word count so it just shows characters and words (no more max/minimum characters shown)
-fixed assorted bugs on the light and dark skins
-twitter decided to kill the ability to do twitter feeds using hashtags, I've replaced our twitter feed with one through a 3rd party, but it's only updated once a day, I'll continue to look for alternatives, but it's something for now at least. I've also hacked it a bit to eliminate the massive amount of space it had in padding and I hid the advertisement it plugged in above the tweets.
-added award badges to the site, players who have previously won MVP and donated to the site are all done, challenge cups are partially done, HoF coming soon
-added Game Links to the top nav bar on Light/Dark themes, had to remove the nice little icons we had there to make it all fit on mobile
-lowered the number of quotes to be used when quoting another post. It was 5, meaning if you quoted someone who quoted 4 other people, it would quote all those in your post, this was making some extremely long posts for one word responses. It's now set to 2, so if you quote this, and someone quotes you quoting this, you would still see it, but if a 3rd person quoted that, it would cut off the original quoted post (similar to jcink, but jcink only did the most recent post being quoted, I thought having a bit of depth in quotes would help for context)
-moved game indexes (SHL/SMJHL/IIHF/WJC) to the same server as our site is hosted on. No more wtgbear for future indexes/game links.
-added GMs under Team forums

There's probably more than that since the last time I updated this, but that's all that came to mind.

You guys may notice some forum changes today. People had complained about links being the same color as other text, so now they will stand out and match the current forum color scheme. (this applies to light and dark themes)

I also noticed a bunch of random things were blue in the dark theme that should have been red, so that's been fixed too.

Also I found a bit of a hack way to do the twitter feed so it updates 3 times a day instead of just once. So there's that too.

06-27-2018, 06:12 PMKing Wrote: One idea, a little radical but I'll throw it out there.

The intimidation comes from there being way too many sub forums. Merge things, and turn some forums into just threads in other ones.

Off the suggestions the two I think will help the most are grouping everything that you do to improve your player into one forum, then everything involving actual simming into one forum.
  • Locker room
  • Discussion & Announcements
    • Announcements
    • SHL Discussion
    • General Discussion
    • Create a player
  • Player Development
    • Media
    • Graphics
    • Player Training
    • Activity Checks
    • Bank
  • Game Centre
    • SHL Games
      • Playoffs
    • SMJHL Games
      • Playoffs
    • IIHF Games
      • International Ice Hockey Federation
  • Transactions
    • Trades & Signings
    • Entry Drafts
  • Miscellenious
    • The Hall of Fame
    • SHL/SMJHL History
    • Player Database

Then the player threads.

I like this!

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

10-02-2018, 05:59 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: You guys may notice some forum changes today. People had complained about links being the same color as other text, so now they will stand out and match the current forum color scheme. (this applies to light and dark themes)

I also noticed a bunch of random things were blue in the dark theme that should have been red, so that's been fixed too.

Also I found a bit of a hack way to do the twitter feed so it updates 3 times a day instead of just once. So there's that too.

Who the fuck thought about this? This looks fucking shit. I liked the old theme better. The red just fucking ruins everything on dark theme. I swear to god what the fuck was the guy who thought about this thinking. I swear the god if you don't change back i will TD this. Everyone who likes this new change is ether colorblind or blind completely. There's nothing good with the update. I doesn't even look good on Light Theme so everyone is doomed (unless they idiots and using NetPen or MyIPB)

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

10-03-2018, 11:30 AMSnussu Wrote:
10-02-2018, 05:59 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: You guys may notice some forum changes today. People had complained about links being the same color as other text, so now they will stand out and match the current forum color scheme. (this applies to light and dark themes)

Who the fuck thought about this? This looks fucking shit. I liked the old theme better. The red just fucking ruins everything on dark theme. I swear to god what the fuck was the guy who thought about this thinking. I swear the god if you don't change back i will TD this. Everyone who likes this new change is ether colorblind or blind completely. There's nothing good with the update. I doesn't even look good on Light Theme so everyone is doomed (unless they idiots and using NetPen or MyIPB)

Wow harsh :(

10-03-2018, 11:30 AMSnussu Wrote:

Snussu getting double media bonus for the fuck word. Cheers

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

I just actually changed the subforums on the main index back, trying to find a balance that allows links to be visible in posts and the main forum not to look crappy.

10-03-2018, 11:17 AMSnussu Wrote: I like this!

I like you.

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons