Create Account

Dropdown Menus in Signatures

Can winnipeg’s Be blue background, white text please?

#GOJETSGO
[Image: pQ2EKtU.png]
S32 SHL Draft No. 1 Overall

[Image: SHLEmoteJets.png]
Max Weber || D#39 || Portland Admirals/Winnipeg Jets ||

@Avakael give us the ability to select our own colors

thanks

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

06-27-2018, 09:58 PMcrutch Wrote: @Avakael give us the ability to select our own colors

thanks
I need to figure out the regex to make that work. When I do, we'll have a tag that'll let you set text colour, background colour, width, font, font size, alignment, whatever, but I haven't managed to crack it yet.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

(This post was last modified: 06-28-2018, 06:17 AM by Avakael.)

Alright, @crutch, the one you've been waiting for... the custom one.

Code:
[pbcust,14,500,FF0000,00FF00,Times]
[pbl]Chadathy Brodangleschlong[/pbl]
[pbl]The Greatest Name of All[/pbl]
[/pbcust]

In order, the values are,
Font Size
Element Width
Text Color
Background Color
Font

I have not included alignment here; I want to try and make that work in the <OPTION> tag equivalents instead, so people can set alignment on a line by line basis. We'll see if that's possible or not.

06-28-2018, 06:13 AMAvakael Wrote: Alright, @crutch, the one you've been waiting for... the custom one.

Code:
[pbcust,14,500,FF0000,00FF00,Times]
[pbl]Chadathy Brodangleschlong[/pbl]
[pbl]The Greatest Name of All[/pbl]
[/pbcust]

In order, the values are,
Font Size
Element Width
Text Color
Background Color
Font

I have not included alignment here; I want to try and make that work in the <OPTION> tag equivalents instead, so people can set alignment on a line by line basis. We'll see if that's possible or not.

Hell yeah!

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

Bummer. Apparently text alignment can't actually be done on an option by option basis.

@Avakael can we get IIHF Drop downs?

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

06-29-2018, 12:26 AMBlastmeaway Wrote: @Avakael can we get IIHF Drop downs?

I meaaaaan there's the custom option now, so you can do whatever you want Shy 

I don't know how much work goes into these, but I can only imagine using an IIHF dropdown if you're an IIHF federation head exclusively (i.e., not someone like @JKortesi81 who is both IIHF head + SMJHL GM). A player is likely to use their team's colors, etc. If it takes more than just a few minutes, not much ROI there.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

Yeah, just do the custom thing. The SHL/SMJHL ones are likely to be used a lot, no point for custom.

06-28-2018, 06:13 AMAvakael Wrote:

This is awesome. Any way to get the color option added in at the pbl level as well?

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]

(This post was last modified: 06-29-2018, 10:18 AM by Avakael.)

06-29-2018, 10:16 AMprettyburn Wrote:

This is awesome. Any way to get the color option added in at the pbl level as well?
Not a high priority, tbh- but if you can show me HTML code where colour stuff is set on an <OPTION> level, then I can try and stick it in.

06-29-2018, 10:18 AMAvakael Wrote:

Not a high priority, tbh- but if you can show me HTML code where colour stuff is set on an <OPTION> level, then I can try and stick it in.
Code:
<option style="color: white">Isak &Oslash;deg&aring;rd | Minnesota Chiefs</option>

Profile | Updates

06-29-2018, 10:18 AMAvakael Wrote:

Code:
<option style="color: #FBDC78;">Awards</option>
<option style="color: #9c2827;">-------------------------------------------------------------</option>
<option style="color: white">S35: Won the Occasus Trophy with the Whalers</option>

Profile | Updates

(This post was last modified: 07-01-2018, 03:16 PM by Narconis.)

Mine is giving me an error saying the max sig lenth is 10,000 characters... which doesn't make sense to me as I don't have THAT many... but is there a way to fix that or increase the max?

Hell, i just copied and pasted the full text of what it SHOULD be and even that is only about 5000 characters with spaces.

[Image: WuRZxKN.png]
Player Twitter
Kryyst: Player Page | Update Page
Stinson:Player Page

(This post was last modified: 07-02-2018, 11:19 PM by Avakael.)

07-01-2018, 03:13 PMNarconis Wrote: Mine is giving me an error saying the max sig lenth is 10,000 characters... which doesn't make sense to me as I don't have THAT many... but is there a way to fix that or increase the max?

Hell, i just copied and pasted the full text of what it SHOULD be and even that is only about 5000 characters with spaces.
What's happening there is the rich text editor is trying to add a shitload of extra unnecessary formatting, that exponentially increases on each line of the signature. We cut the max signature length from 250,000 characters to 10,000 characters to try and prevent new signatures from doing that, because it causes a massive boardbreaking layout issue on the MyIPB skin (new posts on each thread page below a broken signature no longer display at all). You'll need to make sure you're using only the plain text editor (as opposed to the rich text editor that lets you preview formatting) when you copy/paste in your sig; the button to switch is the page-sorta-thing at the absolute far right of the post/signature options.