Create Account

Contemplating Retirement

When I first came about with Elias Lindstrom, it was my effort to hide my image and build an amazing player. When I first joined the league back in Season 2, I fell in love with it but for the starts I struggled with activity. I do so up until my career with Magnus Jakobsen and the Seattle Steelhawks. Magnus was the first player I fully committed to. I had a strong player on my hands, earned every little bit of TPE, knew many, many people on the website and my activity was through the roof. I took on different kinds of roles throughout the league - GM, updater etc. Of course, I fucked up back then, made a scene out of it rather than accepting i was a dumbass and move on from the situation.

Now, I decided to come back as Elias Lindstrom. I started strong, but with a family death, a growing presence in the VHL and others shit going on, I started to slack on Lindstrom. That and the fact of small drama on here once everyone knew who I was sort of deterred my enjoyment. Though, I have always liked this league and respect and like a lot of people who contribute to it on a daily basis. It's a healthy league, despite some immature aspects, that have so many great members that offers such a great hobby via sports simulation.

So, for a while I'm been thinking about retiring. Mostly the last couple of seasons, especially when the North Stars dashed me off and I was traded etc. The whole Edmonton/Toronto thing really wasn't my forte. First I was dealt when I was 100% loyal, and then the similar shit happened in Edmonton. At that point, it was sort of like "fuck it". I've been in Seattle the last little while and I've been helping them out by not retiring my player. I haven't been training - updating or nothing. My mind was set on retiring, so why am I going to waste my time on a player who I know is already done. It's not IF, it's when. I carried on with the mediocre career, being an 80 Ov player. I didn't check the sim every day, nor the site. The Discords are super annoying with all the tagging, so there's that. Now, I pop on and see that a 73 OV player is playing 40% time to my 25% and that literally killed the final percentage of enjoyment and desire to carry on Lindstrom.

I'm not complaining. I totally and 100% get it, though, I do dislike the fact. If Lindstrom was going to continue and me not recreate right away, I would have liked him to still see some form of success - and clearly, that won't be happening a whole lot. My main purpose was to collect some money for my next player so I could be a tad of a lazy piece of shit with him at the start of things, but that may be changing right now..

SHL, I'm very excited to recreate whenever it happens - whether tonight or a month or whatever away from now. I'm excited to grow my presence slightly, try and build an amazing player once again and help a team win the cup. I had so much fun with Jakobsen and I REALLY hope I can find that enjoyment again with my next player.

My question for you - when is the best time to retire and/or recreate? THANKS Smile

584 words Smile

Kinda up to you. For max TPE earnings, right after the trade deadline is the best time to recreate

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

09-15-2018, 06:10 PMClint Eastwood Wrote: Kinda up to you. For max TPE earnings, right after the trade deadline is the best time to recreate

Okay, thanks guys Smile

Gotta keep on updating, only reason why you are not higher in the lineup. Bit of a culture change going on in Seattle, try to be a team that has good chance to be in the playoffs every year and go after the cup. To do that, we need all players to keep on pushing forward. Inactives and players who are not updating regularly will be in smaller roles or left behind completely.

Good luck with the recreate - meanwhile it´s not too late to start updating and push yourself to bigger role, fair chance to see some playoff hockey in Seattle this season Wink

09-15-2018, 06:31 PMjRuutu Wrote: Gotta keep on updating, only reason why you are not higher in the lineup. Bit of a culture change going on in Seattle, try to be a team that has good chance to be in the playoffs every year and go after the cup. To do that, we need all players to keep on pushing forward. Inactives and players who are not updating regularly will be in smaller roles or left behind completely.

Good luck with the recreate - meanwhile it´s not too late to start updating and push yourself to bigger role, fair chance to see some playoff hockey in Seattle this season Wink

Yeah, but a 73 OV over a 80 OV? Samee has known my intentions for 2 seasons or so. He got a very cheap 80 OV player and I've stayed with the team. No point wasting my time writing articles when I'm going to retire, yah know?

But thanks, excited for it Biggrin

09-15-2018, 06:40 PMMarley Wrote:
09-15-2018, 06:31 PMjRuutu Wrote: Gotta keep on updating, only reason why you are not higher in the lineup. Bit of a culture change going on in Seattle, try to be a team that has good chance to be in the playoffs every year and go after the cup. To do that, we need all players to keep on pushing forward. Inactives and players who are not updating regularly will be in smaller roles or left behind completely.

Yeah, but a 73 OV over a 80 OV? Samee has known my intentions for 2 seasons or so. He got a very cheap 80 OV player and I've stayed with the team. No point wasting my time writing articles when I'm going to retire, yah know?

But thanks, excited for it  Biggrin

Maybe they tried to get your attention and hope you start updating again by dropping you to smaller role Tongue Or hoped the 73 overall starts updating more.

No need to do articles, even being a PT player is good. This weeks PT is bit more challenging than usually, but get the AC in, some training, do the PT´s and you are improving nicely!

Yeah if you wait another week or two real time, you'll be in the sweet spot. Could be the stud of the S45 draft class.

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons