Create Account

S41 SHL Awards Show

07-12-2018, 10:52 PMEggy216 Wrote: Wow. Thanks so much guys. Crazy to think of myself on the level of guys like JackCross, Leafs, Jkrever, Spangle, Bojo, and JayWhy (off the top of my head, hopefully I didn’t miss a past winner). Means a lot to me to win the Ono. Never would have dreamed that would happen. Pretty sure one day this site is going to make me go grey, but at least now I’ll have something to show for it.

It's well deserved, thanks again for the sleepless nights on the site move, you helped a ton and kept me going.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

07-13-2018, 01:12 AMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: It's well deserved, thanks again for the sleepless nights on the site move, you helped a ton and kept me going.

Bow wicka wow wow

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Well it wouldn't be an award show if someone didn't complain about the awards. Congrats to @Eggy216 and @DrunkenTeddy in particular here, but to all the winners of these awards.

[Image: Grapehead.gif]
TY NOKA AND VALOR FOR THESE WORKS OF ART
Player Page | Update Page

Stars Battleborn Czechia

What the fuck else was I supposed to do to win the Uppercut

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

07-13-2018, 08:59 AMWannabeFinn Wrote: What the fuck else was I supposed to do to win the Uppercut

I thought you would have gotten the McKeil at least.

07-13-2018, 09:02 AM.bojo Wrote:
07-13-2018, 08:59 AMWannabeFinn Wrote: What the fuck else was I supposed to do to win the Uppercut

not even a nomination REEEE

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

07-13-2018, 01:12 AMDrunkenTeddy Wrote:
07-12-2018, 10:52 PMEggy216 Wrote: Wow. Thanks so much guys. Crazy to think of myself on the level of guys like JackCross, Leafs, Jkrever, Spangle, Bojo, and JayWhy (off the top of my head, hopefully I didn’t miss a past winner). Means a lot to me to win the Ono. Never would have dreamed that would happen. Pretty sure one day this site is going to make me go grey, but at least now I’ll have something to show for it.

It's well deserved, thanks again for the sleepless nights on the site move, you helped a ton and kept me going.

Hey we certainly wouldn’t be here without you. Congrats on the Littleton

07-13-2018, 09:06 AMWannabeFinn Wrote:

Yeah. To be honest I'm not really sure why WKP was nominated for that, when in the regular season we either under performed or placed close to where we should based on the majority of predictions preseason. Sure, we greatly made up for it in the playoffs, but these awards shouldn't include that.

Buffalo (with no offense intended) was not expected to make the playoffs, and proved everyone wrong.

(This post was last modified: 07-13-2018, 09:55 AM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

07-13-2018, 09:10 AM.bojo Wrote:
07-13-2018, 09:06 AMWannabeFinn Wrote:

Buffalo (with no offense intended) was not expected to make the playoffs, and proved everyone wrong.

Stampede had an awesome year and thats where the lance uppercut nomination came from. but best coach has a differant criteria and its not always the easiest award to access. doing well in team statistic categories is part of it... but a well coached team should have a + goal differential which implies that the coach was getting productive performance on the ice from the system he/she employed. Buffalo was -9 .. they were the only team in the playoffs with a - differential... i think that may have implied to some in the nominations that there was allot of luck involved in the record.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

07-13-2018, 09:45 AMMike Izzy Wrote: Stampede had an awesome year and thats where the lance uppercut nomination came from. but best coach has a differant criteria and its not always the easiest award to access. doing well in team statistic categories is part of it... but a well coached team should have a + goal differential which implies that the coach was getting productive performance on the ice from the system he/she employed. Buffalo was -9 .. the only team in the playoffs with a - differential... i think that may have implied to some in the nominations that there was allot of luck involved in the record.

that's fair. a candidate from the east would be hard to win the award this year because it was a 6 team race for most the season

07-12-2018, 10:22 PMnour Wrote: And the winner is....

Riot CLINT EASTWOOD of the SEATTLE RIOT Riot

CONGRATULATIONS TO A FELLOW KELOWNA ALUMNI AND JUNIORS TEAMMATE IN @Clint Eastwood! Eastwood had a monster breakout season as he took the reigns of Seattle's top pairing and didn't look back. Exploding in S41 with 41 points, good for 2nd on the team, and was an absolute force to be reckoned with. Clint is going to have plenty of season's like that as part of Seattle's bright and growing future, and I for one can't wait to see him succeed (unless he's playing the Hawks). Great job this season buddy!

wooo grats clint!

omg Wachter won Razov :D

@MP7 I am super freaking proud of you man. In S27 when I got to that 15th pick I knew who I wanted, this guy who had only joined recently, was a little behind on TPE, but was super active and ready to really get into the league. I am super excited that you won, and how fantastic your SHL career has turned out to this day. Thanks for being there for me when the going got tough in Portland, you were a trooper and one of my fav guys from that time Cheers

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

Also congrats to @Clint Eastwood on winning the Richan. Had a fantastic improvement this season, and will be a premier player in the SHL for a time to come

But also still proud of @Loganjj21 for being nominated. You've made strides this season in both play and behavior and I'm really happy to call you a Rene Smile

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

07-13-2018, 03:57 PMJumpierPancakes Wrote: Also congrats to @Clint Eastwood on winning the Richan. Had a fantastic improvement this season, and will be a premier player in the SHL for a time to come

But also still proud of @Loganjj21 for being nominated. You've made strides this season in both play and behavior and I'm really happy to call you a Rene Smile

why does JP hate me and is never proud of me :(

congrats Visser for winning 4 awards in one season! I am so proud of you Smile

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!