Create Account

Quiet but Not Silent

Maxim Poulin has steadily been adding to his collection of trophies but it's not the first thing that he mentions to people. You'd think that a young gun with a gold medal for both IIHF and World Juniors, and back-to-back Four Star Cups would be screaming about it in everyone's faces but that's not him.

"What's the point of yelling it when I can just show people?" Poulin answered in an interview with us. "You show everyone you're the guy to beat by just putting in the time and effort."

This is something that the Kelowna Knights have mentioned before, when mid-season changes to the S41 roster brought a letter to the now-framed Poulin jersey. Jacob Dorty has been revealed to be the unsavory individual that he is, and had been stripped of his role in team. As a part of the shake-up, Poulin was given the home-game A despite his quiet behavior. As the general manager put it, he was quiet but a strong presence.

"It's still surreal that the guys felt like that. I really talk to Misha a lot so I was pleased to know that people looked up to me as a leader."

GQ Canada sat down with Max to get more information.

GQ: So you finally have been called up, congrats and how does it feel?
MP: Like a big relief. I definitely enjoyed my time with the Knights but when your fellow prospect from the same draft class is called up quicker than you, you get a lot worried. But I know that Greaser deserved it, he works hard.

GQ: Still stings though. You were being touted as the next big legacy.
MP: What legacy?

GQ: You know, your relation to Zina Titova.
MP: Oh yeah, I mean I guess? Like I said in those early days, I don't know about my birth family and I don't have any mob connections. But I am grateful for that final decision to have my international tournaments be for Russia. I have found myself a home on those teams, and I really don't see myself playing anywhere else than my birth country. Especially since I know a lot more Russian than before.

GQ: Can anyone understand that Quebecois Russian though?
MP: /laughs/ They can. I did stay in Russia for a few years before being adopted so some of the sounds have come back to me in relearning the language. I still get harassed for some of it but it's all good.

GQ: How's it like sharing a SHL team with two of your Russian teammates: Volkova and Orlov?
MP: It's been nice. Pietra has been excited for a bit since I've been doing d-corps for her. Slava has been silent on it but he's a weird guy so it doesn't matter much.

GQ: How has Viatchslav Orlov been weird?
MP: I mean he's got a little bit of a drinking problem. And sometimes yells things about science. He's also old, tired, and confused on why there's so many babies on the team with him. I see him looking through me and searching for someone else. A winger, I think. I hope he finds some clarity after hockey. I think it would make him happier.

GQ: Thank you for your insight!

One thing is clear after this conversation, this young man is ready to complete that Triple (or is it Quadruple?) Gold Club.

[Image: galatix2.gif]
by @NUCK @QuantumCowboy @engimatic @GLU @FlappyGiraffe @karey

[Image: QhAQn2i.png] l [Image: HuqtOb2.png]

Great read Gala!

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

Petrikov strolls by... my trophy case is better...

[Image: 49775_s.png]
Thanks to Budgie and Carpy for the sigs!

Player || Updates

07-14-2018, 03:27 PMmdubz Wrote: Petrikov strolls by... my trophy case is better...

Max yells "Can't hear you you filthy renegade rag!"

07-14-2018, 03:29 PMgalatix Wrote:
07-14-2018, 03:27 PMmdubz Wrote: Petrikov strolls by... my trophy case is better...

Ouch, and I thought we were friends...

[Image: 49775_s.png]
Thanks to Budgie and Carpy for the sigs!

Player || Updates

07-14-2018, 03:37 PMmdubz Wrote:
07-14-2018, 03:29 PMgalatix Wrote:

Ouch, and I thought we were friends...
Love you