Create Account

Game 51: Kelowna Knights vs Vancouver Whalers
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2018, 03:55 AM by Kevin Juice Bieksa.)

Game 51: Kelowna Knights vs Vancouver Whalers
Final Score: 0-5, Vancouver comes out whaling against Knights.
Game Link

[Image: 1457987833583-160314-JJ-Social-Promo---T...40x360.jpg]

E.J: We welcome you back to Studio 23 in Vancouver, Ernie Johnson here with my hosts Kenny Smith and Charles Barkley on your right and the big man Shaquille O'Neal on your left as tonight... we have a special segment here tonight which was actually requested multiple times on twitter by the fans to start covering a certain Simulation Major Junior Hockey League player going by the name of Shaquille Desiraka who has no relation to the big man might I add

Shaq: He wish he was related to me.

Charles: He's probably thankful he ain't related to your clumsy ass since he on skates.

E.J: And so tonight, we will be covering the recently finished Kelowna Knights vs Vancouver Whalers game with another special guest to help guide us through our first hockey coverage: The young man whose causing all this stir-up for us: Shaquille Desiraka

Desiraka: Hey guys how are you doing. *sits in the middle

Kenny: We're doing great Shaquille, you know what should we call you, I feel like saying Shaq will just confuse us sooner or later

Desiraka: Des? I think that's okay.

Charles: Des sounds good there, so Des, how about you guide us through the hockey game you just had a few hours ago?

Desiraka: No problem.

1st Period
So for the first period, we started off with possession and we made the Knights constantly on the defense which is somewhere you obviously never want to be. Our passing was on point in the first period as we were able to get the puck from player to player quickly and effectively in the Knights zone. Just 2 minutes in, Skalberg fired off a slapper in traffic and Russo managed to tip it and it went in as a result.

[Image: rangersgoal2.gif]

I remember Knights got a really close chance with Murda shooting it low blocker and with the rebound just bouncing over Jagr's stick. We regained possession, quickly set up another play, Skalberg shot another slapper in traffic and Robert managed to tip it in five hole so we went up 2-0.

[Image: PlushWarlikeHairstreakbutterfly-size_restricted.gif]

E.J: Then the Knights showed some frustration there, especially with you there in the first period am I correct?

Desiraka: Yeah I remember a few minutes later I won the faceoffs against this other Russian guy, and I'm getting checked constantly by Matz, pretty sure one of them was a foul cross check but we had solid possession while I was on, I even got a pretty good chance shooting top glove but McFleury made a good save there. Around the 13th minute mark, it was a faceoff in the Kelowna Knights zone and we won the faceoff, and Robert shoots low glove and it somehow gets through, no idea how it did, but it did.

[Image: tumblr_nnpd0dAU5h1skgd7ao3_500.gif]

Then near the end of the first period, we had David Kastrba just come into the blue line and slap a puck right past McFleury and that was the end of his night. Poor kid looked shell shocked.

[Image: GuAD.gif]

Shaq: Alright, so you head into the second half-second period with the lead, how'd you decide your game plan heading for the intermission, just run up the score or hold the lead there?

2nd Period

Desiraka: Our game plan was make their life a living hell and we kinda did some hacking and slashing of course which we got penalized a ton for. We got penalized 4 times that period, our goalie even slashed a player, I mean we lost possession a lot because of it but you could tell they were getting frustrated with how we played there. Credit goes to Leitner too, he played real well, he definitely saved a goal around the 7 minute mark, puck was deflected and surprised him, left a big rebound, but he slid right across and made the glove save, saving my ass a minus you know?

Charles: So obviously, now heading into the 3rd period, the game plan is the same right?

3rd Period
Desiraka: Absolutely, we continued that grinding physical playstyle, perhaps a little too physical there. It was my line out at the 7 minute mark, guy chops my hand, ref doesn't notice, he's blind, Kennedy and David jump in and defend me but David gets a double minor for roughing and Leitner has to make two huge saves during the penalty, one on Rasmus^2 and one on Greg Connors who almost one-timed it if not for Leitner. This is of course after the Knights started the period, pushing and pushing to get a goal and the second they do, we spring Max out for a breakaway who scores a beauty five hole goal. Anyway the game was over after they couldn't score on our double minor penalty and we just toyed with them for the rest of the game.

E.J: Thank you Des for the in head PBP of that whole game, really impressive actually how you can remember that stuff. Now for the three stars of the game, we're just gonna let Sir Charles Barkley just say the names of the 3 stars.

Shaq: Oh lord have mercy

Charles: The Three Stars of the Night belong to:
#1 we got Carlo Russo of the Vancouver Whalers
#2 was Johannes Leitner also for the Whalers.
#3 was Herb Robert.

(981 Words)

All-time New England Wolfpack scorer
[Image: Derisraka.png]
[Image: 38718_s.png]
[Image: rW2c4Vz.png][Image: B4x6AQm.png]
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Star that wasn't a Star

Today we look at my personal star of the game who didn't appear in the three stars of the night. To recap this was a 5-0 shutout by the Whalers, defeating the Kelowna Knights. Kelowna went 0-7 on the Power Play and let in 5 goals on only 20 shots against. Vancouver is just clicking on all cylinders this season. But lets see who the three stars were.

1 - Carlo Russo (VAN) - First line center for the Whalers...buddy has 1 goal and 2 assists for 3 points and a +3 rating. 3 shots as well and he killed 4:57 on the PK which was undefeated on the night.
2 - Johannes Leitner (VAN) - This is the goalie.
3 - Herb Robert (VAN) - Top line left winger. Top line doing great for the Whalers. Herb had two goals on the night.

But who else needs a shout out? Someone on Kelowna? Nah...

I am going with Whalers top line right winger Eriks Skalbergs. He had 2 assists on the night but they were on the first two goals of the game and they were the primary assists. He made a couple amazing plays to feed dudes to some easy goals. He did all the work and they cashed in and the Whalers were up 2-0 only 3:35 into the game. Wow.

[Image: iKqINqV.png]

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.