Create Account

Adam Taylor - A Season In Review

Heartbreak, anger, and disappointment are three of the most prominent words thrown around the St. Louis media when describing the actions of their St. Louis Scarecrows during the S42 season of the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League. Stumbling out of the gate, and unable to find any real traction during the season, the Scarecrows, a team filled with eager rookies, looked like a team, well, filled with eager rookies.

From Tony Snow's disappointing drop off of 11 points, to a breakout season from Nicholas Falk, the Scarecrows and fans from St. Louis felt a veritable rollercoaster of emotions during the season. The rough four losses to start the season for the Scarecrows set the tempo for the rest of it, playing from behind from the very beginning. They were unable to gain any steam, losing four straight, but seemed to turn things around with four wins in six games.

As if it were an omen of things to come for the season, the St. Louis Scarecrows lost 7 of their next ten games. Their season came down to the very last game, fighting with Montreal for the very last playoff spot, only to come up short in a game against the 3rd ranked Colorado Raptors. Through all of this one rookie stood his ground and laid it out on the ice. His determination and levelheadedness in spite of the attrition his team faced served as an inspirational moment for his team.

Adam Taylor, a west Texas born and raised young hockey player, took St. Louis by storm this season, leading all of the rookies in scoring, save for Kiko Rytmeyr with whom he ended the season tied in points, though posting two more goals than his defensive counterpart. Sticking (relatively) close to home sure helped this young man shine on an otherwise unremarkable team.

"I was the first one on the ice and the last one off." Adam recalled in a recent in person interview I was able to secure. "Work ethic definitely played the largest role in my growth as a hockey player. Even still, during the off season I am up here working with Nicky (Williams) and Tauras. Every day from sun up to sun down, we are in here working. We took a lot of flak this season for missing the playoffs, but the leagues got an entirely new problem coming next season." Taylor shared these words with a grin on his face, knowing full well who would be leading the charge next season.

"If we get Falky and Snow back next season, we will be dominant right out of the gate. We are stacked, absolutely stacked, with young talent. Us Crows are going to go deep next season. I guarantee it."

The young man is nothing if not confident in his and his team's abilities. He had this to say about his former line mate, Nicholas Williams. "Nicky's great. Plays a mean guitar. Seriously, it is like nothing you have ever heard before. But we connect. It is hard to describe. He gets me the puck before I even call for it. Always right on the tape or spot on in my wheel house for a one-timer. Hopefully we get some more playing time together next season. We will be nigh unstoppable. I feel bad for opposing goalies."

When questioned about who he thinks is going to be a big surprise next season, a smile crept across his face. "All eyes on the Scarecrows. I mean it. Me, Kiko, Nicky (Williams), Goku, Junior (Nicky Pedersen Jr.), and my boy Cainer. Everyone is sleeping on us because we did so poorly this season, but we have got the group that is going to get us toward that Four Star cup again. Our GM (and Co-GM) did an absolutely fantastic job bringing us together. We are just a rag-tag group of guys, but the chemistry is undoubtable. We are going to be a force with which to be reckoned." With this, he flashed a wink at me.

"So other than you or your teammates, who scares you the most out there? Who do you think is going to have a huge impact on the league next season?" I recorded myself asking.

"Oh that is easy. Leshaun King. The dude is a beast. I see him everywhere we go, it is absolutely nuts. The guy practices more than anyone I know. If I didn't know any better, I would say the guy is on some kind of drug. He is that active. On the ice, no one works harder than him. If he inspires his teammates half as much as my teammates inspire me, Halifax is going to sweep the league next season. Kid is raw, unadulterated talent. He is a future hall of famer, for sure."

We finished up, about an hour and a half later after he went on a tangent about the time he swam with sharks off the coast of Belize. My final question was along the lines of, "So what is next for Adam Taylor and the Scarecrows."

"Lots and lots of scoring. Goals, assists. Points everywhere. Power play, short handed, penalty shots, hat tricks. You name it, it is happening. Right now, I am focusing on upping defensive aspects of my game, but my puck handling and passing are next on my list. I am coming for the league title in scoring, and I am not leaving the SMJHL until my name is on it. I might plead to stay down to win it twice. I want to set records. I want to have team awards named after me. Next season I am looking to wear the 'C' or an 'A' for my Crow bros. Keep on top of the rookies coming in, making sure we get the talent we deserve, but more importantly, winning the Four Star. Can't wait to kiss that cup."

Beaming from ear to ear, it is clear to this reporter that Adam Taylor has what it takes. He has the desire, the drive, and the talent necessary to make his goals come true. If you are a fan of St. Louis, keep an eye out for Adam next season. And if you are a fan of one of their rivals? Well, Adam had this to say, "I am sorry in advance."

[WC 1053]

[Image: dannymethane.gif]
[Image: DrbPYHV.png][Image: UDyqktK.png]
[Image: S7jeR9I.png]

Any preferred destinations?

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Great read, glad to have been on the same line as you. Can't wait for next season.

Good write up. We’ll be kicking ass next season for sure!

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

Goaliecaptain2018

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Scarecrows Heart

[Image: ThatIrishFellow.gif]
[Image: SMJHL-Scarecrows.png]
[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]

Yeeee! Scarecrows

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

❤️

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page