Create Account

PT Affiliation

Hello SHL.

Over this past season we have been looking closely into helping the league grow and for activity to get even better than it already is. After some lengthy discussion on the matter the league has decided to enter into a PT affiliation system with both the PBE (Pro Baseball Experience) and the NSFL (National Simulation Football League) for the upcoming Season 43.

The PBE and NSFL recently had entered into a PT affiliation system and have seen activity go up for both leagues after doing so. We feel by entering into the agreement with them that it will help members of both leagues join the SHL without the fear of having to do a ton of PTs between each league weekly. We also feel it will help bring back members who went inactive here because of the large workload juggling so many leagues.

The PT affiliation will begin with S43 and will take place for the normal weekly PTs only. Weekend PTs will not be included in the affiliation as the requirements vary widely by league. All you will have to do is link the weekly PT from one of the 3 leagues into the thread for the weekly PT in the other 2. Doing so will count for your PT that week. This will also take place for both SHL and SMJHL PTs.

We hope this affiliation helps to grow all 3 leagues and allows for each league to flourish in the future. I would also like to thank both the PBE and NSFL for the easy talks in joining into the affiliation and getting this done over the past season. We hope to see you all take advantage of the affiliation if you were on the fence about joining one of the leagues and expect members from both to do the same here.

Thank you,
SHL HO

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

Well fuck I guess I have no reason to keep procrastinating on joining NSFL

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

08-20-2018, 07:03 PMml002 Wrote: Well fuck I guess I have no reason to keep procrastinating on joining NSFL

There's a day each week on NSFL affiliation doesn't work since PTs go like Monday-Saturday or something there.

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

I like it. Now I can be active in all the leagues.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

fuck it ill join the nsfl

[Image: OzriPox.png]

Player Page - Update Page

artermis,Feb 2 2017, 04:11 PM Wrote:9gag pretty lit tho

Cool, now announce my new boss

[Image: zdenkoberanek.gif]
Sigs by @enigmatic, @Geekusoid, @sve7en  and @Wasty 
Zach Evans
 | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

Thanks to the HO here for this! Hoping you guys come check as out at simulation-football.com

Ugh, I know this is indeed working well in other leagues, but I'm not a fan of implementing this here to be quite honest. Allowing people to get pretty close to maxing out over the course of their careers while basically being able to half-ass things is a massive change to this leagues structure, a bigger one I think than people are realizing. I enjoy leagues like the GOMHL or the SCOR for their more casual feel but the SHL is not that, and it shouldn't be that either. It's the premium product, the one where you have to put in the most work but where in return the results are most rewarding and I think we'd be better served to keep it that way. That doesn't mean that there can't be changes to make lifes easier for the members around here, but for a long time now there have basically been two things in this league that set apart semi-actives and super actives, and that's PTs and Equipment. Damaging the integrity of one of these two foundations without a clear need to is not a good idea imho.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard

[Image: winter-500.png]

Is it April 1st already? This is a joke, right?

[Image: grogu111-A11.jpg]
norway                             IIHF Team Norway                          norway

08-20-2018, 08:23 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: Ugh, I know this is indeed working well in other leagues, but I'm not a fan of implementing this here to be quite honest. Allowing people to get pretty close to maxing out over the course of their careers while basically being able to half-ass things is a massive change to this leagues structure, a bigger one I think than people are realizing. I enjoy leagues like the GOMHL or the SCOR for their more casual feel but the SHL is not that, and it shouldn't be that either. It's the premium product, the one where you have to put in the most work but where in return the results are most rewarding and I think we'd be better served to keep it that way. That doesn't mean that there can't be changes to make lifes easier for the members around here, but for a long time now there have basically been two things in this league that set apart semi-actives and super actives, and that's PTs and Equipment. Damaging the integrity of one of these two foundations without a clear need to is not a good idea imho.
Very good point

08-20-2018, 08:23 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: Ugh, I know this is indeed working well in other leagues, but I'm not a fan of implementing this here to be quite honest. Allowing people to get pretty close to maxing out over the course of their careers while basically being able to half-ass things is a massive change to this leagues structure, a bigger one I think than people are realizing. I enjoy leagues like the GOMHL or the SCOR for their more casual feel but the SHL is not that, and it shouldn't be that either. It's the premium product, the one where you have to put in the most work but where in return the results are most rewarding and I think we'd be better served to keep it that way. That doesn't mean that there can't be changes to make lifes easier for the members around here, but for a long time now there have basically been two things in this league that set apart semi-actives and super actives, and that's PTs and Equipment. Damaging the integrity of one of these two foundations without a clear need to is not a good idea imho.

While that was part of the argument against it we ultimately decided that the PTs are really only worth about 18 TPE a season tops. 5-6 PTs at 3 TPE a piece. Since this doesn't count for weekly training, ACs, various other Point Tasks, and CW, then the amount they really get from this isn't as much as one would think. The things that still set the super active apart from the rest will still have to be earned for those who truly want it.

In the end if it ups activity around the site as well as bringing in new members then the pay off of 18 TPE a season is very much worth it.

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

Could not agree more. This is a good intention mixed with a bad idea and poor implementation. The league should desire actives not actives in name only. A person who spends zero time on the site each week shouldn't be earning TPE by skipping the league Point Tasks.

This is a crutch for weak leagues and the SHL shouldn't need to rely on it. I would rather see Reddit drafts each off-season than this.

[Image: 0QGickG.png]

Riot Player Page Riot
Militia Update Page Militia

08-20-2018, 08:52 PMTheDangaZone Wrote:

While that was part of the argument against it we ultimately decided that the PTs are really only worth about 18 TPE a season tops. 5-6 PTs at 3 TPE a piece. Since this doesn't count for weekly training, ACs, various other Point Tasks, and CW, then the amount they really get from this isn't as much as one would think. The things that still set the super active apart from the rest will still have to be earned for those who truly want it.

In the end if it ups activity around the site as well as bringing in new members then the pay off of 18 TPE a season is very much worth it.
Very good point

08-20-2018, 08:55 PMSchultzy Wrote:

Could not agree more.  This is a good intention mixed with a bad idea and poor implementation. The league should desire actives not actives in name only. A person who spends zero time on the site each week shouldn't be earning TPE by skipping the league Point Tasks.

This is a crutch for weak leagues and the SHL shouldn't need to rely on it. I would rather see Reddit drafts each off-season than this.
Very good point

08-20-2018, 08:52 PMTheDangaZone Wrote:

AC and weekly training require what? 10 minutes a week? Equipment is maybe 5 minutes per season? I don't think you're going to bring people back to the league as actives when it's pretty clear that all you're doing is giving them free TPE for being in a league other than the SHL. If they want an SHL player then they need to do the SHL work. It should be that simple.

[Image: 0QGickG.png]

Riot Player Page Riot
Militia Update Page Militia