Create Account

League Personal Conduct Change / Slash Suspension

09-16-2018, 12:19 PMWally Wrote: I’m pleasantly enjoying the complaints.

Too bad your ego is so big you aren't willing to admit you may be out of line anywhere at all by adding such a poor rule to our league. Great head office term you started to limit free speech, sick!

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2018, 12:30 PM by thedangazone.)

09-16-2018, 12:04 PMJumpierPancakes Wrote: I mean to sum it up, this is kind of how I think a lot of people feel:

I totally agree with the HO sentiment of wanting the SHL to be a more inviting place. We should be kinder to our fellow members, and to people of minorities. However, the HO has kind of cocked this up since that thought. There has been a severe lack of good communication, a lack of understanding of why the ruling is too far, and an inability to adapt to their mistake. The old rule encompasses attacks on other members, people, and hate speech. What should have happened, is that they should have made that rule more severe so there was more incentive not to be terrible to people or say shitty things and words that are meant to offend and hurt.

Instead HO tried to ban certain words, feels very authoritarian, and destroys context specific situations. I believe this could be handled way better by HO, and the rule should have remained as it was, with new provisions added. The biggest issue people have is with that ONE specific section that bans words, especially the word "gay".

HO needs to re-word and re-do this new rule. They need to make it more context specific, while creating a stricter context on the words. But don't ban them outright, and don't make the rule that fuzzy in what you mean. Simply tighten up the ruling and try to make the forum a better place. All you've done is make this way worse than simply one thread about Slash, because you've brought power to this conversation. Just fucked up by HO from step #1

We have been discussing this very thing since introducing the rule. I do apologize that we have not come out quicker with saying something on it but we have been talking about it I promise. Yes we probably could have waited to make sure things were worded more clearly and properly but we felt it would be better to get something out quickly with how out of hand that TD and others had gotten on the site. We felt it was in best interest to get something out asap in hopes of cutting down on what was happening over the past time frame. I can ensure you though that we should have something out today. Also as was stated before it all falls under the personal attack ruling. So there is a context specific situations just the wording probably could have been better. We will get this fixed today and I will personally make a post on it in the next few hours to make sure everything is more clear. Sorry for the mistake

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

09-16-2018, 12:28 PMTheDangaZone Wrote:
09-16-2018, 12:04 PMJumpierPancakes Wrote: I mean to sum it up, this is kind of how I think a lot of people feel:

I totally agree with the HO sentiment of wanting the SHL to be a more inviting place. We should be kinder to our fellow members, and to people of minorities. However, the HO has kind of cocked this up since that thought. There has been a severe lack of good communication, a lack of understanding of why the ruling is too far, and an inability to adapt to their mistake. The old rule encompasses attacks on other members, people, and hate speech. What should have happened, is that they should have made that rule more severe so there was more incentive not to be terrible to people or say shitty things and words that are meant to offend and hurt.

Instead HO tried to ban certain words, feels very authoritarian, and destroys context specific situations. I believe this could be handled way better by HO, and the rule should have remained as it was, with new provisions added. The biggest issue people have is with that ONE specific section that bans words, especially the word "gay".

HO needs to re-word and re-do this new rule. They need to make it more context specific, while creating a stricter context on the words. But don't ban them outright, and don't make the rule that fuzzy in what you mean. Simply tighten up the ruling and try to make the forum a better place. All you've done is make this way worse than simply one thread about Slash, because you've brought power to this conversation. Just fucked up by HO from step #1

We have been discussing this very thing since introducing the rule. I do apologize that we have not come out quicker with saying something on it but we have been talking about it I promise. Yes we probably could have waited to make sure things were worded more clearly and properly but we felt it would be better to get something out quickly with how out of hand that TD and others had gotten on the site. We felt it was in best to get something out asap in hopes of cutting down on what was happening over the past time frame. I can ensure you though that we should have something out today. Also as was stated before it all falls under the personal attack ruling. So there is a context specific situations just the wording probably could have been better. We will get this fixed today and I will personally make a post on it in the next few hours to make sure everything is more clear. Sorry for the mistake
I think this rule needs to wait until there are not 3 HO members on Calgary and the Co-commish position is filled.

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

We have been discussing this very thing since introducing the rule. I do apologize that we have not come out quicker with saying something on it but we have been talking about it I promise. Yes we probably could have waited to make sure things were worded more clearly and properly but we felt it would be better to get something out quickly with how out of hand that TD and others had gotten on the site. We felt it was in best interest to get something out asap in hopes of cutting down on what was happening over the past time frame. I can ensure you though that we should have something out today. Also as was stated before it all falls under the personal attack ruling. So there is a context specific situations just the wording probably could have been better. We will get this fixed today and I will personally make a post on it in the next few hours to make sure everything is more clear. Sorry for the mistake

If you are intent on censoring people there are plugins for MyBB that will do it for you.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Thank you very much TDZ. I trust you guys to get this cleaned up, thanks for the timely response Cheers

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

09-16-2018, 12:30 PMToeDragon84 Wrote:

We have been discussing this very thing since introducing the rule. I do apologize that we have not come out quicker with saying something on it but we have been talking about it I promise. Yes we probably could have waited to make sure things were worded more clearly and properly but we felt it would be better to get something out quickly with how out of hand that TD and others had gotten on the site. We felt it was in best to get something out asap in hopes of cutting down on what was happening over the past time frame. I can ensure you though that we should have something out today. Also as was stated before it all falls under the personal attack ruling. So there is a context specific situations just the wording probably could have been better. We will get this fixed today and I will personally make a post on it in the next few hours to make sure everything is more clear. Sorry for the mistake
I think this rule needs to wait until there are not 3 HO members on Calgary and the Co-commish position is filled.

Not one single person complained when there was 3 HO members on Hamilton with Formx, Teddy, and Crutch. The HO still worked fine then as it does now. I'm sorry that you feel it creates a conflict of interest between each other but I guarantee we still argue about many things inside HO when coming to decisions. This one was unanimous though with the people in there at the time. Even the owners. So I doubt having someone else in there would make much of a difference.

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

09-16-2018, 12:27 PMToeDragon84 Wrote:

Too bad your ego is so big you aren't willing to admit you may be out of line anywhere at all by adding such a poor rule to our league. Great head office term you started to limit free speech, sick!

[Image: tumblr_n2e3t9ZCTL1qim5c4o1_500.gif]

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

09-16-2018, 11:23 AMWally Wrote:
09-16-2018, 09:39 AMSmegKingma Wrote:
09-16-2018, 07:30 AMBaelor Swift Wrote: Yeah and the form of retard that's being banned is the noun and adjective, not the verb when it's used in a benign way like that. Like I can't tell if everyone is trolling or just stupid at this point because this really isn't so complicated.

No, the rule clearly states "a. Simply using the following words in a sentence, alone, or in images sitewide (including the Thunderdome): N-----, Gay, F----t, F-g and Retard (or any other spelling or severe reference to these words), will be an automatic suspension of both you from the site and your player from the sim itself at the moment it is posted without appeal."

Pay attention to the numeral it is under.

It doesn't really matter what numeral it is under when you literally say that people will be facing autoaatic suspensions when using any of those words.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Thank you for responding in a level headed way to an actual complaint. Apprecaite it.

This is such a shithead response. You're supposed to hear out the complaints and make adjustments if need be, instead you have the attitude of a rebellious 12 year old.

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

09-16-2018, 12:36 PMNJBadApple Wrote:

This is such a shithead response.  You're supposed to hear out the complaints and make adjustments if need be, instead you have the attitude of a rebellious 12 year old.

No, I literally just thoroughly enjoy listening to grown adults piss and moan about how they can or can’t be assholes.

“The least you could do is not be terrible at your job”

holy shit how can you actually not love JP

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

09-16-2018, 12:27 PMToeDragon84 Wrote:

Yup... limiting your freedom to publicly be a bigot. Guilty.

09-16-2018, 12:45 PMWally Wrote:

This is such a shithead response.  You're supposed to hear out the complaints and make adjustments if need be, instead you have the attitude of a rebellious 12 year old.

No, I literally just thoroughly enjoy listening to grown adults piss and moan about how they can or can’t be assholes.

ive got no horse in this race but you sure do, it seems pretty high too! you ever thought of coming down and speaking to the rest of the mortals on this site? i know that ivory tower can be comfy, but us peasants would just love to get to speak to our ruler!

say what you will about HO in the past, but at least they didn't have the utmost contempt for the people they're apparently in charge of. How you got hired for a job you're clearly not qualified to hold is beyond me.

also I'd like to commend TDZ for actually doing his job, thanks TDZ

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

09-16-2018, 12:45 PMWally Wrote:

If you completely ignore the people who are merely pointing out the holes in the rule you created, which you are, then yes, there are plenty of people who are bitching about not being able to say whatever they want. I don't know why you are only focusing on those people though.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]