Create Account

Gareth Rush travaille pour la Militia de Montréal
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2018, 11:10 PM by Rush.)

[Image: GazetteLogo.jpg]

The Montreal Gazette Online I Updated: October 11, 2018

Stu Cowan: “Welcome back. Stu Cowan here, of The Montreal Gazette, and with me is Gareth Rush. Gareth, thank you for sitting down with us this evening.”

Gareth Rush: “It’s me pleasure Stu. Thanks for having me.”

Stu Cowan: “Now for those watching that aren’t too familiar with Gareth Rush, Gareth is an SMJHL draft prospect for Season 44 and hopes to draft into the SHL for Season 45…”

Gareth Rush: “Correct.”

Stu Cowan: “Gareth was born, raised, and to this point, has played all of his ice hockey in Ireland…”

Gareth Rush: “Straight from Dublin.”

Stu Cowan: “So we know you’re just getting here Gareth, but so far, what are some of the differences you’re noticing between ice hockey in Dublin versus ice hockey in the U.S. or Canada?”

Gareth Rush: “Well it’s still early for me here, but the ice being a little smaller is noticeable. It’ll take some getting used to. The game in North America is a little slower than what we have across the pond. The players are bigger too. The other thing I would say about hockey in North America is there’s much better talent. It’s no secret the best players in the world want to play here.”

[Image: GzRZTV9J.jpg]

Stu Cowan: “And I’m glad you said that. Why, in your opinion, do the best hockey players in the world choose to leave their home countries and families to play hockey here in the U.S. or Canada?”

Gareth Rush: “Well it’s obvious Stu, players want to become filthy rich.”

Stu Cowan: “That’s a...a good point.”

Gareth Rush: “You're damn it’s a good point. It’s probably the only point. The talented players come here to become celebrities Stu and with celebrity comes the money.  And this happens more so in the United States than Canada. Think about being the best hockey player on a team in New York or Los Angeles. Think about the business opportunities.”

Stu Cowan: “There is certainly a lot money to be made, but what about the players we’ve seen recently leave leagues like the NHL for big contracts in the KHL?”

Gareth Rush: “Ha, you think these players go to Russia for riches and fame Stu? Sure, they may make a big contract in Russia, but Christ, they need half of it to buy a gallon of milk over there. Russia is a dump is Stu. The only players going back to Russia for Putin money are those who aren’t good enough or no longer good enough to make it in the SHL or NHL.”

Stu Cowan: “Okay...well let’s get to the purpose of your visit in Montreal. You worked out today for the Militia…”

Gareth Rush: “Worked my ass off.”

Stu Cowan: “How did that go?”

[Image: nathan-mackinnon-2.jpg?w=420&h=236]

Gareth Rush: “It went great Stu. This was my first time on the ice since coming over from Dublin but I’m always ready to play.”

Stu Cowan: “After your workout, you had the opportunity to meet and interview with Militia management. And I’m curious about how that meeting went, what sort of impression do you feel you made, and if you see a potential fit for yourself with the team?”

Gareth Rush: “Yeah, great meeting with BarnabasCollins and Jearim. I appreciate them letting me get in her first and setting the table for the rest of the Season 44 draft class. The bar is now pretty high as I make my exit from Montreal.”

Stu Cowan: “How do you see Gareth Rush fitting into a Militia sweater?”

Gareth Rush: “It’ll fit me fine as long as it’s an extra large Stu.”

Stu Cowan: “Ha, that’s funny. But really Gareth, is Montreal a place where you can see yourself beginning that path to become a celebrity?”

Gareth Rush: “I’ll fit in where I get in Stu. As I told Collins and Jearim a little bit ago: you put Gareth Rush into your sweater and I’ll alter the franchise. The Militia were one of the worst teams in the league this season. I know it was tough for the fans but the silver lining is this, Gareth Rush is a top prospect and your club will have a top pick.”

Stu Cowan: “Well there we have it, a very confident and very motivated Gareth Rush.”

Gareth Rush: “From Dublin.”

Stu Cowan: “And he’s from Dublin.”

Gareth Rush: “And I’m a badass.”

Stu Cowan: “Thank you for your time Gareth.”

745 words

I think its á Montreal not de Montreal. Good article.... Gareth Rush will be better than your other one

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

10-11-2018, 11:31 PMluketd Wrote: I think its á Montreal not de Montreal. Good article.... Gareth Rush will be better than your other one

Google translator may have let me down. But I agree Gareth will be better than Riley. Gareth has a nice head start while I joined with Riley roughly 2 weeks into the current season.

10-11-2018, 11:31 PMluketd Wrote: I think its á Montreal not de Montreal. Good article.... Gareth Rush will be better than your other one

'Le militia/milice de montreal' est correcte, 'le militia/milice à montreal' n'est pas.

'à' is more referring to to or in, de is usually 'of/from'

so @Rush is correct in this instance

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

10-15-2018, 01:58 PMFlowseidon Wrote:

'Le militia/milice de montreal' est correcte, 'le militia/milice à montreal' n'est pas.

'à' is more referring to to or in, de is usually 'of/from'

so @Rush is correct in this instance
Ah okay. This is why I’m in French 2

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Who says you can't learn anything valuation from playing sim hockey on the Web?