Create Account

The latest threat to the SHL

The biggest threat hockey faced

The story of Andrew Martin has to bring even SHL and hockey.
Chlamydia is the biggest threat hockeyn ever faced.
If we do not put foot down now it may be too late.
And far too many future fates like the one that hit the Vancouver star.
When I read Hillary, Martins wife's open blog post about Andrew the words went straight in the heart.
"Living with a man with a Chlamydia is not easy. It's like a roller coaster. But I do my best to get along, not just for us but also for our wonderful sons. "
Then it has been almost three years since the last bang. The one who became the last one.
And I'm suffering tremendously with Andrew Martin and his entire family.
Life has not yet returned to normal after all years gone by.
It is a continuing struggle that no millions in the world can compensate.
I followed Andrew Martin throughout his SMJHL career, from Vancouver to the Four Star Cup, one of the most unlikely breakthroughs in the SMJHL hockey history when he turned into a hero and celebrated as a Four Star Cup champion in the SMJHL giant Vancouver Whalers.

Dark clouds over Martin after fifth Chlamydia diagnosis.
Martin had about the same sensational breakthrough as the Hippo Passamus had in the Detroit Falcons this season.
Then it crossed after a fifth Chlamydia diagnosis, which he had not yet recovered from.
I followed Martin on Instagram long after that and he was one of the funniest to read.
Full of adventures, thoughts and ideas. A world-class dingdong the times he's posting it.
Now the account has been silenced, but I hope it's only a temporary break.
However:
Martin's fate must make SHL hockey wake up.
Hillary Martin's openness must make everyone react and act.
To stop the same development here at home.
We have the same problem. Same fate. Same tragedy.
This was a season where I waved goodbye to SMJHL profiles like Leshaun King and Luke Thomason. Plus Detroits Xavier Paquette, who had a lesser whole season because of chlamydia. I read about the affected Buffalo profile Viktor Vorkämpfer who do not even want their own sons to choose hockey cause of the chlamyida.

Required for SHL to take responsibility
Superstar  Eduard Selich went out hard against SHL after what became his last clamydia case and demanded that the league had to wake up and take responsibility.
He wanted SHL to introduce the so-called Hooker test, which controls the players for each season and has something to compare with when they suffer from suspected Chlamydia. Two weeks later, SHL had been awake, but far too late.
And I'm not so sure it helps.
It makes it easier - but only when the damage has already taken place.
More than just, it is needed to put an end to the epidemic that has become the biggest threat to SHL hockey. Against the new recruitment of young players.
Firstly:
There must be an end to the macho culture in hockey where drunken and sometimes careless fucking parties are celebrated and defended.
And the interpretation of what intercourse is must be tightened.
A typical example of Tig Murphy's rock-hard rave parties thats is not good for the spread of chlamydia
A party that most people saw as okay, which went under the radar
But also a party that left Murphy almost eternity in the bed. He had to be carried to a hospital with a strong case of chlamydia.
There somewhere, a future border must be drawn.

General Manager's responsibility
There, the general manager must interpret the rules tougher. Because it is still up to general managers to interpret what is a fucking party or not and to assess the speed in the fuck and how bad it takes.
I'm not blaming Murphy, but it's a good pilot case to study and learn from.
I think that everybody without a condom should be examined, whether they touch a man or woman before they play.
Something has to be done in a hockey world where young healthy athletes can turn into sick retirees in a moment.
It has to power, tougher assessments and general mangers that interpret the rule book in a much more stringent way.
In the high-testosterone hockey that is played today there is no other way to go.
A hockey where every match can be the last.
This does not mean that the knot will disappear completely.
But a hockey where players are required to show the greatest possible consideration for each other and not every player in an exposed position is legally bangable.
Just because it's hockey.
There will be no excuses there anymore.
Where many should look in the mirror an extra second in the future.

Is chlamydia worth it?

830 words ready for grading

RETIRED

[Image: pp,550x550.jpg]

[Image: cooldudeam1234.gif]
(Sig Credit: toedragon84)

It’s ok. There are antibiotics for chlamydia. Take some pills, good to go.

Not that I would have any special experience or anything...........

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]