Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Offseason Intrigue

10-19-2018, 02:15 PMI Am a Coupon Wrote: During this off season the S43 WJC and IIHF tournament Canada will separate into Upper Canada and Lower Canada so they can take both 1st and 2nd place in all international play.

Hello, police? Yes I'd like to report an attempted murder, it seems one of my Czech bois has stabbed my in the back

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

I have two major predictions for this offesason:

1) The IIHF tournament will be rocked by a scandal requiring one or more re-sims and possibly suspensions.
2) A shocking name will test the UFA waters in the SHL before joining their current team's arch rival.

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

I am going off the board, I think, yes the draft will have some major talking points, but I think there will be a draftee who makes a stupid racist comment, gets TD'd and then falls in the draft a la Mr. Shit this season. It's been too long without a good TD and it's going to happen.

I'm excited for the upcoming SMJHL draft. It's not a reddit draft, but there's a solid crop of recreates and there will be quite a few SHL superstars coming out of this draft class.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

I think Sweden is going to pull some mid-S20 era performance out of nowhere and shock the world....they'll win the whole damn IIHF Tournamant.

[Image: tempsnip.png]
[Image: image0.jpg?width=360&height=180]

Alright so the USA aren't the most consistent team to ever play in the IIHF, but they are going to medal this season and I am personally looking to fuck shit up this go around. Garrett almost never shows up in this tournament, but I am feeling like this might be the season for it to happen.

RenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsa
[Image: GkHz3HI.png]

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]

The WJC champion team will be heavily influenced by a single transfer player from this season's large transfer class, and at least one transferred player will score a game-winning goal against their previous team.

IIHF Tournamant

I think we'll see some interesting match up this IIHF season. I predict that Canada and Ireland will have a long streak of fights together, at least 3 in their first match. Their rivalry will be really intense in the next weeks.

i think austria has it in them to make a medal run, i really do

we aren't know as a top nation because we dont have many guys in our nation but we have lots of quality

[Image: 3.png]

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2018, 11:21 PM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

The Awards show will as usual be a shitshow with a lot of drama and people bitching and moaning about the winners. Then again the awards committee usually seem to be drunk when they had out awards to undeserving people.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

I think we might see a very trade heavy S44 SHL Draft. With so many high profile recreates in a shallow draft, teams will be wanting to move up a few positions to pick "their guy" or drop down to take advantage of other team wants.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2018, 12:07 PM by spooked.)

Team Finland will not only win the IIHF tournament, they will also be certified as an expansion team for the SHL

I think the big story to come out of the S43 offseason is the Edmonton Blizzard. Call me bias, but there was been a significant amount of activity coming out of the Albertan capital this offseason. Long time co-gm and franchise center Tigole Bitties left for New England, a new co-gm was named in Connor Tanner, several big names in Issac-Cormier Hale, Brock Becker, Jean-Luc Picard and Soren Kierkegaard were moved as the team welcomed new players in Oisin Fletcher, Piotr Czerkawski, Ensio Kalju and recent call-up Xavier Paquette. Lastly they have three top 10 picks heading in to the upcoming draft where they are sure to add some very big pieces. Can they make a return to the post-season in S44 or is there more to the results in S43 than meets the eye?

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

I think Russia in the IIHF tournament will make a lot of noise. They have really good players and I think others are not really paying attention to them.

[Image: vikian.gif]

I have no doubts in my mind that team Canada will win the Gold Medal this year. They are the most stacked team and have superstar Luke Atmey.