Create Account

Frustration

10-19-2018, 03:16 PMkit Wrote: When I first came into this league I fucking loved it. I loved it so much. I loved the community, I loved progressing my player, I loved the way it felt to see my team and my player play. At this point I feel none of that. The community sucks. Progressing my player sucks. The sim sucks. I’m gonna voice my frustrations out now.

This community has all but ruined this site for me. Y’all are the most toxic motherfuckers I have ever had the burden of interacting with. How do you enjoy this shit? How do you enjoy constantly being assholes to everybody? How do you enjoy the constant shit shows every week? I don’t get it. I guess being behind the screen makes people feel empowered or something. Bottom line, it’s not fun for me and I know that’s true for many others. I absolutely refuse to come onto the forum for anything other than updating, doing my PT’s, and checking the index. You all make this a bad place for people to be. I can only imagine new members coming here and seeing the way some of you act and conduct yourself. The only reason I haven’t quit entirely is because I love everyone in EDM and I can just chill in the Discord and stay far away from here.

Progressing my player sucks. I appreciate the change to power forward made a few seasons ago, seriously it did help. But it still doesn’t nearly fix the issue. The only viable build in this league is to have a checking weakness and scoring/passing, skating/puck handling, and defense strength. Every player is the same. How the fuck is that any fun? There isn’t any difference between the top players and even trying to make a good player with Cuddles feels absolutely pointless and a waste of my time. I’m at 1400 TPE and I still haven’t been able to max out my strengths because I’ve had to spend so much TPE into my scoring weakness so that I can become mildly competent, and I barely am competent as it is. I’ve come to the realization that my player will never be good, and will never do anything because I chose the power forward build. From my perspective, this isn’t fun at all.

STSH is soooooo fucking garbage. I understand that it’s all we got but it still doesn’t change the fact. How does it make any sense that I’m able to have a 42 point 200 hit season at like 800 TPE but then struggle to hit like 90 hits and 35 points for the rest of my career. Does progressing your attributes mean fucking nothing? Does playing next to good players mean nothing? My player and team has only gotten better attribute wise but my player continues to suck more and more. I just don’t get it. Don’t even get me started about the utter randomness of what team does good. How the hell do the Jets miss that one season, and how the hell do the Blizzard win like 1 out of our last 15 games when we tore it up all season and we won the conference in over half of our sims and never missed the playoffs in any of our sims. At this point I wouldn’t even bother testing lines because clearly it doesn’t matter.

Alright I’m done. Have fun shitting on me, fuck you.
you aren’t funny and you never have been. go back to camp so everyone’s experience can be better

10-19-2018, 04:05 PMcpetrella Wrote: you aren’t funny and you never have been. go back to camp so everyone’s experience can be better

> Overheard in Buffalo locker room after the frustration thread:

> “He got me,” kit said of trellas post on him. "That f***ing trella boomed me."

> kit added, “He’s so clever,” repeating it four times.

> kit then said he wanted to add trella to the list of players he shitposts with this summer.

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

10-19-2018, 04:12 PMkit Wrote:
10-19-2018, 04:05 PMcpetrella Wrote: you aren’t funny and you never have been. go back to camp so everyone’s experience can be better

> Overheard in Buffalo locker room after the frustration thread:

> “He got me,” kit said of trellas post on him. "That f***ing trella boomed me."

> kit added, “He’s so clever,” repeating it four times.

> kit then said he wanted to add trella to the list of players he shitposts with this summer.
you should stay in your little hole there in buffalo

@kit its sad that you have to be such a prick on here to feel like you fit in and be cool for your buffalo teammates because from what i saw in OBX you seemed pretty cool

@kit its okay we all have our insecurities i understand

10-19-2018, 04:18 PMcpetrella Wrote: @kit its sad that you have to be such a prick on here to feel like you fit in and be cool for your buffalo teammates because from what i saw in OBX you seemed pretty cool

Can you please stop with the personal attacks? This fake hockey site is my safe space and your hurtful words are gonna make me write a long post crying about it.

[Image: 6Xj1IWG.png]

Player Page || Update Thread || Signatures

[Image: PoQh1Wx.png] [Image: rmu9FS0.png][Image: VxdFjLy.png][Image: QKcW3J4.png] [Image: RoypPRF.png]

@kit lmao idiot

@kit you’re so fucking dumb lmfao

@kit stupid!!!!

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

I agree with trella, SHL sucks.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2018, 04:39 PM by InciteHysteria.)

The most important thing I've learned over my near three years on this site (that's fucking crazy to me). Ignore the general forums posts 90% of the time. There are people who exist on the forums to make themselves feel important by destroying other people and baiting out rage. Avoid it when at all possible. Stay within your locker room, find people you connect with and talk to them, and most importantly take anything on here with a grain of salt. These toxic people have zero clue about your life and, honestly, they don't want to have a clue about it.

Focus on making good friends that you get along with and leave all the trolls in their caves.

[Image: 3GSD0dd.gif]
[Image: m1IMt5k.gif]

Honestly all @kit did was turn it into a shitty meme. The only person being toxic and personal attacking people here is @"cpetrella" and that's ironic as shit.

10-19-2018, 03:34 PMBeaver Wrote:
10-19-2018, 01:32 PMcpetrella Wrote: Don’t even get me started about the utter randomness of what team does good.
I agree with most of your complaints but disagree strongly here. Hockey is intrinsically a random as fuck sport, when teams take ~30 shots per game and convert less than 10% of those into goals stupid shit is going to happen with alarming frequency and that's awesome.

And even if we decided we had a bit too much randomness... what would the solution be? Longer regular season? More shots? Higher shooting percentage? Longer playoff series? I'd be okay with minor tweaks (~35 shots/game and 1 or 2 percentage points to Sh% seems fair to me but it does make playing goalie even worse) to lower the randomness but I have a hard time seeing anything that would drastically lower the randomness while still being hockey.

Tbh I agree with this.

10-19-2018, 01:45 PMKing Wrote: There is a new Simon T version which is apparently much less random. People complain the scoring is too high in it, even if it’s set to the lowest setting of scoring. So could have less of such a random sim.

The builds are kind of shitty, not sure what can be done about that. Except maybe make it so not everyone can max out.

Ya we tried that new Simon T version. The scoring isnt just 2 high its ridiculous 2 high.

10-19-2018, 03:34 PMBeaver Wrote:
10-19-2018, 01:32 PMcpetrella Wrote: Don’t even get me started about the utter randomness of what team does good.
I agree with most of your complaints but disagree strongly here. Hockey is intrinsically a random as fuck sport, when teams take ~30 shots per game and convert less than 10% of those into goals stupid shit is going to happen with alarming frequency and that's awesome.

And even if we decided we had a bit too much randomness... what would the solution be? Longer regular season? More shots? Higher shooting percentage? Longer playoff series? I'd be okay with minor tweaks (~35 shots/game and 1 or 2 percentage points to Sh% seems fair to me but it does make playing goalie even worse) to lower the randomness but I have a hard time seeing anything that would drastically lower the randomness while still being hockey.

Make the goalies pads smaller tbh. theyre blocking too much with too little skill.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

this thread makes me hate this website more

i love randomness in hockey which is fine with sths. some problems is that there isnt a real difference in performance when ur 900+ to 2000. idk