Create Account

S43 SHL Awards Show

10-23-2018, 08:09 PMztevans Wrote: It's okay. I remember when I used to win awards for all of one season. I'm right there with you these days.

But enough about us, on to people who are winning awards, the leading individual statistical performers in Season 43. First, the Mike Honcho Trophy, presented to the goalie with the fewest goals allowed each season.

This season, the Mike Honcho Trophy goes to Winnipeg’s Artom Zhumbayev! This is Zhumbayev’s second career Honcho Trophy. Congratulations, @fever95!

I just don't know why nobody from the Jets was nominated for playoff MVP........I'm sorry

[Image: TorTuck.gif]
[Image: sAx3Llh.jpg]

10-23-2018, 08:12 PMMike Izzy Wrote:
10-23-2018, 08:11 PMztevans Wrote: Next is the Turd Ferguson Trophy, which goes to the SHL player who spent the most time in the penalty box during the season. The league is entering a confusing, woe-begotten time in regards to this award – a time where there is no Danny “Bananas” Foster to set the bar for on-ice tomfoolery and malice.  Who will usher us into that new day? Fedor Shirobokov of the Calgary Dragons, with 102 penalty minutes in Season 43. Congratulations, @Confusion!

Dragonite  Dragonite Dragonite

[Image: 835bb5aee44e9603da12ae243c741a75.png]

[Image: 3.png]

Now we present the Jay McDonald Trophy to the top goal-scorer in the SHL. Well, sort of. I’m not sure if we’re going to need a local magician to saw this puppy into three pieces or we can get all parties to agree to a custody agreement. There might be a fight to the death after the awards show. I’m not sure! The suspense is terrible! I hope it will last …

For now, all I can do is name the three players who tied atop the league with 29 goals this season: [b]Sophia Bennett, Jason Visser, and Noro Wozy]/b]! Congratulations @goilers , @ToeDragon84 , and @TheWoZy !

[Image: zdenkoberanek.gif]
Sigs by @enigmatic, @Geekusoid, @sve7en  and @Wasty 
Zach Evans
 | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

10-23-2018, 08:11 PMJSS Wrote: y am i here when i know damn well im not winning an award

Because you love me.

Next is the Sergei Karpotsov Trophy, for the league’s leading points scorer. This award did not come to a tie. It frankly wasn’t even close. With 74 points in Season 43, 12 more than the nearest competitor, Jason Visser is now a two-time winner of the Karpotsov Trophy! Congratulations, @ToeDragon84 !

Zach Evans
Nikolai Evans

10-23-2018, 08:12 PMErM Wrote: I just don't know why nobody from the Jets was nominated for playoff MVP........I'm sorry

Listen, we make getting swept in the finals look good, okay?

Now, for the awards everyone came for, as voted on by the esteemed awards committee. Now approximately 69 percent more esteemed than the last time I presented awards since I’m not part of it. What a time to be alive.

Zach Evans
Nikolai Evans

Gojets great work fever and toe!

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

First, the John McBride Trophy. This award goes to league’s best goaltender.

Your nominees are …
Panthers Evgueni Marmeladov (LAP)
Stampede Jordin FourFour Jr. (BUF)
Jets Artom Zhumbayev (WIN)

Zach Evans
Nikolai Evans

And the winner of the John McBride Trophy is...

Zach Evans
Nikolai Evans

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2018, 08:18 PM by ztevans.)

ARTOM ZHUMBAYEV!

Already the Season 41 McBride winner, Zhumbayev finished second in the league in save percentage (.906), first in Goals Against (2.78), and first in wins (30) to claim his second McBride in three seasons.

Congratulations to @fever95 !

Zach Evans
Nikolai Evans

Jets Jets Jets

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2018, 08:22 PM by ztevans.)

Next, we present the Scott Stevens Trophy. This award is presented to the best defenseman each season. Typically, there are three nominees for each award. However, you will see four nominees for the Stevens this season (as well as some other awards) due to ties in the voting process by the committee.

Thus, your four Scott Stevens nominees are …
Stampede Alexis Metzler (BUF)
Jets Max Weber (WIN)
Renegades Thé Dude (TEX)
pride Jack Tanner (SFP)

And the winner is...

Zach Evans
Nikolai Evans

MAX WEBER!

It’s another award for the Winnipeg Jets (people are going to think this is some kind of conspiracy, I swear on the L4E Version of the Bible I didn’t know the winners until after I agreed to present this shit), as Max Weber takes the Stevens. Weber’s 50 points led the league in defensemen scoring (and his 39 assists were third across all players), and he added 89 blocked shots to finish fourth in that category.

Congratulations to @MWHazard !

Zach Evans
Nikolai Evans

Now it is time to present the Jeff Dar Trophy. This award is presented each season to the best two-way forward in the SHL each year.  The nominees are as follows …

Renegades Vasily Horvat (TEX)
Dragons Mike Izzy (CAL)
Platoon Dani Forsberg (WKP)

Zach Evans
Nikolai Evans

And the winner is...

Zach Evans
Nikolai Evans

DANI FORSBERG!

Dani Forsberg takes the Jeff Dar Trophy, his first-ever SHL award after being a former SMJHL MVP and two-time Brandon Holmes Trophy winner as best defensive forward in juniors. Offensively, Forsberg tallied 57 points, including 37 assists (fifth in the league). Defensively, Forsberg had a career-best 194 hits. All told, a monster, career season for Forsberg in his second year in West Kendall.

Congratulations to @Insayne !

Zach Evans
Nikolai Evans