Create Account

S44 PT #1 - This Version of You

Fresh off recovering from all the celebrating that comes with winning the Challenge Cup, Alex Light was back in the gym, training for what could be the most productive season in his career. Light is definitely not getting younger as he enters his 12th season on the West Kendall Platoon. He’s already dropped the physical aspect of his game and some analysts report that his skating has dipped a little in the past years. But he isn’t too concerned about what they thing.
At training camp, we saw Light come in as a much leaner version of himself. “This is quite possibly the best I’ve ever felt in my entire professional career. I feel like my body is exactly where it should be for the season to start.”
So far, pre-season has shown that he wasn’t wrong, posting 42 points after 34 games played and his linemates posting 44pts & 37 points respectively. If anything, Light is a much more dangerous person on the ice today than last year.

(169 words)

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Killing the league one affiliation at a time http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/i...3998&st=45

NSFL PT

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

NSFL PT 3
http://nsfl.jcink.net/index.php?showtopi...ntry157902

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

Ti-Guy is half way through his prime years so he has some time left to keep on getting better and better. This offseason he focused on getting stronger on his skates and also did many drills to improve his bodychecks. His defensive awareness is growing year after year and he’s starting to establish himself as a reliable defensive d-man. Unfortunately, his hard work isn't resulting in a bigger role or more ice time for the Toronto North Stars. He's still gonna be on the 3rd d-pair but this time with a new partner in Ben Turska. Even though it is pretty frustrating, Emond tries to stay positive and keep being a good teammate. Working hard always pay better time will come. Ti-Guy will never put up big numbers so his goals are more around secondary stats. If he can get 150+ hits, ~ 50 shot blocks and a +/- above 0, he will be very happy with his season.

A lengthy playoff run taught me a lot about myself both as a player and a leader. After an up-and-down regular season on a personal level where I scored only 2 goals, the Falcons went on a tear that ended in a Game 7 OT loss in the semi-final, with me scoring two OT goals along the way and playing at a point-per-game pace. I began feeling more and more comfortable in my role as team captain, and as the season progressed the team gelled and become a very tight-knit unit that was a real contender. I still think that had the bounces gone our way against St. Louis, we would have had a real shot at taking down Vancouver in the final. This has only made our team, especially myself, more hungry to make this season our best yet, capped with a championship. For several of us on the Falcons, it is likely to be our last year in junior, so ending our careers by succeeding in our greatest goal has driven me to my best summer of training yet. I feel more ready than ever to be a superstar at both ends of the ice and be a huge part of a championship team, and finishing what we started.

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

Having been a part of a rebuilding team for most of her career, Koda has had to shift her focus very quickly from year to year. Her main focus has always been on hits and fights. After finally achieving her goal of winning the Turd Ferguson Award, Koda has decided to move forward to a bit more of an attacking game. While she's always wanted to score more goals, her positioning's been just a bit off until recently. A couple of seasons ago, she exploded with more goals and points than she'd ever had before. Koda hopes to continue this trend going into the future and move more towards the forefront of Pride scoring. The big looming problem is the question of when she'll regress. We know the specific season she'll start it, but the question comes with where the team will be. Will they have finally completed their rebuild or will Koda's career have been wasted with nothing to show for it?

[Image: KouSaotomeUndraftedSigSmol.png]
Jamie T Wrote:But I wish I'd been a little more exceptional
And I wish I'd been a little unconventional
But I was not enough, no, I'm not enough

This version of me is... awfully similar to the one from last season. As a young player who is just entering his second post draft season you would expect rapid development and plenty of changes in a short period of time, but for some reason it feels like things haven't changed much over the last season - at least from an on-ice perspective. It's the mental side of things however where things have been developing, slowly, more subtle, but hopefully with a long-lasting effect. After spending two seasons in juniors, it becomes tougher to add that extra bit of technique, make your shot that much harder and precise, or to develop your physical game - for all those things you'll eventually need SHL experience, games against stronger, more experienced opponents. But in the absence of on-ice progress, it's your mental game that has to pick up the slack if you want to keep making process. The ability to not get complacent when facing off against a kid who might have just entered the league. The ability to not get frustrated by the grind, the same old games against the same teams and people. The ability to lead, both by example and by sharing the experiences you have made. The ability to look past points and individual accomplishments, and towards the one thing that really matters. The success of your team. And, eventually, the Cup.

This will be Crossfit Jesus's 3rd year into regression and he doesn't plan on slowing down anytime soon. After coming his best season of his career stats wise in the regular season with 54 points in 50 games and 22 points in the playoffs which was triple the amount he had in the previous seasons he's been in the playoffs he looks to build apon that this upcoming season. Last season's season ending sweep in the Challenge Cup Finals to the Platoon was bitter sweet ending to the Jets who finally got over the hump of getting past the Conference Championship, they look to get back to the Finals to have a different result this time around. Playing the 2nd line with two other regressing superstars with Zach Evans and Pietra Volkova with the rookie Lil Manius getting a shot at the 1st line with Visser and Bearss, Crossfit looks to ultilize mismatches over the course the season to his advantage and to help lead the Jets to that Challenge Cup they've been vying since S37.

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43

NSFL Welfare

Speedwagon Player Page | Speedwagon Updates Page 

[Image: speedwagongifsig.gif]

[Image: GoonerBear.gif]

Vijanupatan Singh is quickly heading into regression, with S44 being his 7th SHL season. While his career hasn't been any kind of elite display, he has easily over-performed expectations of him when he was drafted 43rd overall by the Winnipeg Jets. The veteran is coming off a career year of 40 points, but has received an ice-time reduction and should be set for a more modest 30 as the 3rd best center on a stacked Steelhawks team. Singh has been working on his skating and puckhandling for the first time since the S40 offseason, and might become a much better player because of it. While his production will most likely go down in the SHL, he had a good IIHF round robin with 7 points in 10 games, and may see a bit more wing time in the major leagues when the prospects develop, just like he did for his country. In short, Singh may be heading into the late stages of his career, but there's still upside to be found.

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

NSFL
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2018, 11:21 PM by Rich.)

It feels strange being one of the old guys in the league now. S44 Lundberg is another season older, another season worse offensively. There will be no improvement, unless it is a result of the team change. His shot was already below average, and it continues to get worse. Defensively, he remains the same. He should still be a decent possession player. Physical play will still be there. I except to finish in the top 10 in the league in hits, but I think top 5 is more likely. I’m hoping he plays next to Lokitonov. I think the old grinder playing next to an up and coming offensive forward is an interesting dynamic. You have the old guy to get into the dirty areas and to provide leadership and experience, and the young guy to provide the flash and the scoring. Could be a fun line. My primary goal is for Lundberg to reach at least 185 hits, but hoping for more. I expect him to reach #5 in career hits after this season.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

[Image: mack441.png]

[Image: Depositphotos-46829959-original-1024x602.jpg]