Create Account

S44 PT #4 - Definitive Suggestion Box
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2018, 04:50 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND-DOWNS. IT IS NOT FOR SMJHL ROOKIES.

Back in S37 an offseason point task became the catylyst for a major change to the SIM. This PT drove hoards of passionate members in to voice their opinions on the leagues double shifting problem which gave HO the green light to change the rules!

Below are some of the leagues most highlighted ideas. A group of these are being discussed internaly right now. Here is your chance to make an impact on one of them!

- A 2nd Defenceman Award
- SHL Expansion
- New way to view the SIM results
- Restructuring of the archetet types (player builds)
- A Higher TPE Cap in the SMJHL
- Sponsorships
- Media changes

Task: Pick one of the ideas above or an idea off this list which you believe needs to be fixed or added to the league and in 150 words or more let us know how you would like to see it work and how we can add it!  (The boys in HO have been notified about this PT and will be tagged at the end of it to review all suggestions, so feel free to be as elaborate as you want.)

Graphic: On some writing material, submit a 6 step bullet point plan on how you will implement one of the ideas above or an idea off this list which you believe needs to be fixed or added to the league. Graphic should also include a title.

You will receive 3 capped TPE for fulfilling all requirements.
This PT will close Monday, November 26, at 12PM EST.

Welfare claims are accepted! *if you’re claiming welfare and have a different username on the affiliates site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*

Any questions/concerns, please PM me.
Note: Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2018, 12:30 PM by RomanesEuntDomus.)

I was just about to start writing something about Expansion and why we should look into it. Guess I'll do it here then...

Many people have started working on proposals for expansion by now and in them are lots of good plans and ideas - but there is one thing I have started to notice that I don't agree with. What i don't think we need is Divisions within the Conferences. I have seen them included in multiple proposals now and always wonder what exactly would be the point. There are no geographic or travel-related reasons for it like in there are in the NHL and the fact that our league will still have much fewer teams than the NHL even after expansion means that divisions could actually hurt more than they help.

If divisions are super small and only contain 4 teams then playing more games against your inter-divisional "rivals" will become boring rather quickly. And if you don't play your division opponents more frequently, then why even bother with Divisions in the first place? Also, parity would be a big issue as certain divisions could end up being much tougher than others. With 6-8 teams (like in the NHLs Divisions or in our Conferfences) this is easier to balance out, with only 4 teams it is much more problematic. A single powerhouse or team in a full rebuild can dramatically alter the chances everyone else has in their respective divisions compared to the rest of the league. And we really don't want undeserving teams to make it into the playoffs just because they had two rebuilding teams in their Division, and neither do we want decent teams to not really have a chance to begin with because they have to go up against multiple powerhouses whereas teams in other divisions don't. So I would strongly suggest not having a Division system after expansion and just sticking to Conferences instead.
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2018, 11:24 PM by Bonk.)

Everyone know that we lose users shortly after they join the site. This can be chalked up to many different reasons, site related and personally related and there is no one fix that can be implemented to prevent users from leaving the site. Although I do believe, one of those reasons is boredom and compliancy after maxing out your player in the SMJHL.  To help keeping new users engaged in the SMJHL I suggest that the TPE cap for SMJHL to about 400 or 450. I feel the cap should be high enough that a user cannot cap out before the midway point of their second season in the league. This change should in engaging player that would have the potential of flaking out at the beginning of their second season by providing them with something to do with earned TPE as opposed to just blindly putting TPE into the bank. I feel this change would help keep a user engaged in the site but it will also enhance the minor.

Words~171

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

2nd Defenseman Award

I would love to see a defensive defenseman award try to work this second time around. I am aware a past attempt did not yield a lasting place on the podium, so I would like to try to sus out a way to try to determine one. Stats to factor in and consider would include:

-shots blocked (a measure of how many shots they prevent their keeper from seeing)
-hits (how many shots or plays in development they disrupt)
-plus/minus (how their presence minimizes scoring allowed or convert into goals for their forwards)
-shots allowed (which could roughly be calculated by looking at their goalies' shots faced and multiply by their time-on-ice percentage to reckon the volume of shots they allow their keeper to face)
-assists (because even the most conservative of defensemen are effective when they participate in scoring attacks)

Other factors might be considered, though the primary goal would be to help acknowledge and recognize how the defensive aspects and skaters contribute at-large. Lots of guys chase awards as part of establishing their legacy, and for skaters, right now, you gotta score, score, score to win them, even if you play the blue line.

Speedwagon Player Page | Speedwagon Updates Page 

[Image: speedwagongifsig.gif]

[Image: GoonerBear.gif]

Sponsorships

One thing I've been interested in is the idea of more moderate sources of income that reward player growth, and give some more financial leeway for people who may not be as interested in producing written content to supplement their income. Obviously numbers would need to see some tweaking, but the most realistic method of implementation is having different TPE milestones equate to different levels of funding.

At the base level this system would look like the following

250 TPE: $500,000 /season
500 TPE: $1,000,000 /season
750 TPE: $1,500,000 /season
1000 TPE: $2,000,000 /season

And so on, using the 250 TPE increments as the dollar figure milestones. At the lower level, this may provide more of a cushion for newer players and an added incentive to continue staying active in the league. As the TPE goes up, this may provide a greater incentive for people to spend a token amount on equipment purchases above and beyond standard training costs that they may otherwise not pursue.

At the current moment I'm not sure if I think the best implementation for this is to be a static depositable amount for all players or if there needs to be an active component to "earn" the money similar to an activity check, but I'd love to see further discussion from both an administrative point of view (time investment in tracking and depositing all money) in addition to a discussion of the dollar figures themselves from a balance point of view. I'd want this system to be supplementary in nature as opposed to something that will completely dissuade people from engaging in written/graphic media and league administrative positions.

Perhaps it may be something done at the GM level where they add the relevant sponsorship dollars during the contract renewal stage, and it either acts separate from the contract figure as a non-cap income source, or if it could instead act as a portion of the total contract figure instead as seen below.

Option 1:
500 TPE Player - $3,000,000 team salary (applies to cap) + $1,000,000 sponsorship (cap free)

or

Option 2:
500 TPE Player - $3,000,000 total salary (Broken down as 2 million in applicable salary cap, and an additional one million in sponsorship that doesn't apply to the cap)

Option 1 would obviously be more player friendly as they have the opportunity to earn more than they otherwise would, and option two would be more team friendly as they can pay the same base salary as before but have a portion of it subsidized by this system to allow more wiggle room within the cap itself. The relevant factors of administrative time/effort and overall financial balance of the league would need to be heavily debated and considered when deciding on the best implementation method.

I don't necessarily believe one option is better than the other, or even believe that either option would be potentially feasible, but I just wanted to contribute to the dialogue that hopefully expands within this PT.

Code:
490 words

[Image: Partridge.png]

San Francisco

[Image: PRedauw.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2018, 10:48 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Other - 'Prospect promotion thread'

http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=87978

I'm going off the board and talking about a suggestion made by @GeckoeyGecko a while back and something that i implemented in my fantasy sports league a few years ago which i think is a great idea for the league. Basically what it would be is 1 ongoing sticky post in media called the Prospect promotion thread with the OP saying something like this below.

"Getting that call to the SHL is a huge moment in the life of a player.. as well as their friends, family, organization and their fans! and here in the Prospect promotion post each organization gets to highlight one of their own making this amazing jump to the sports highest level."

Then underneath that each organization has the option of using this post to hype of their players promotion to the SHL. This can be done through a couple of lines or a full-blown article, it's an optional add for each team to use at their discretion.

From a players standpoint only a select few ever get a report or article written about there players move to the big club. Most hear about promotions through the awards PT or just scouring the index on the first day of the new season, which is too bad because all rookies coming into the SHL are excited and looking out for posts that talk about their player and the rookie class their in! Heres a chance to add some excitement about your player and the organization which typically hasn't been done. From a league standpoint, well find out who will be called up in the upcoming season allot quicker.. and with much of these posts coming in the offseason this will add additional intrigue to members waiting for the regular season. From a media standpoint this is something new and realistic as most sports franchises add a promotion media wether it be through an article or their social media outlets.

The one gripe ive heard about this addition is there could be mixups with a player being called up which could cause problems. I would simply say that this tool should be looked at as media post and should not be considered law... a team can post about their prospect call up at anytime.. so it can be done after they are sure it's happening or after its been done.

It would be nice if this was a HO/GM backed implamentation, but my guess is if this was just added to the site, a portion of teams would use this thread right off the bat.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2018, 05:09 PM by Ragnar.)

Once a player reaches a certain amount of TPE, say 600, they would be paid every season along with their contract as long as they meet certain stipulations, which could be different depending on which sponsor you go with. The TPE requirement could be different too, depending on the sponsor.

Example:

Sponsor: CCM
TPE Requirement: 600 TPE
Stipulation: Post 5 articles per season
Payout: $2m

Sponsor: Warrior
TPE Requirement: 650 TPE
Stipulation: Complete every PT for the season
Payout: $3m

Sponsor: Reebok
TPE Requirement: 700 TPE
Stipulation: Complete every PT, Championship Week and update every week for the whole season
Payout: $5m

All of this can be played with and changed obviously, and the sponsorships can last a certain term.

This promotes activity and gives incentive to reach the TPE required, update your player and to do media articles. We could hire a sponsorship head to keep track of them, and they could hire people under them for every company.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

A Higher TPE Cap in the SMJHL

Now bare with me because I haven't even thought about this topic until just now. Thinking about it now, I think the SMJHL would be more interesting if the 350 TPE Cap was changed. Here is something that I just thought of now. It's a rough idea so there could be issues with it that I'm not thinking of, but we'll see.

There are some players who spend more than 1 or 2 seasons in the minors. Realistically, you'd think that those players would and should be ahead of the other players in the SMJHL. What my idea is, is the TPE Cap going up every season you get sent down. A rough example of this is this: The TPE Cap stays at 350 in your first season in juniors. If you are sent down after you are drafted, the Cap goes up, let's say 50 TPE. If you are sent down again, your TPE Cap goes up another 50 TPE. This keeps going every time you are sent down again. A player who is behind a deep pool of players in the SHL shouldn't have their development stunted over something they can't control. This doesn't make them unstoppable in juniors, but it does make them realistically better than a first or second year player, which they should be. Also, this way they can still their how their build works in the sim. Staying at 350 TPE for seasons is frustrating. Having this staggered TPE Cap could be a solution.

(250 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
15-6-0
Regular Season - [G 2] [A 3] [Pts 5] [+/- +6] [PIM 10] [Hits 12] [SB 38]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

New way to view the SIM results

Jesus! What an interesting idea, I would love to see the sim results through emails sent to me multiple times per day. I want very detailed live reports of the sims, including everything from who scored and assisted on goals, to face-offs, n shit like a play by play that's just being spammed to my inbox. I'm not talking about receiving one message with all of the contents in it either, nah fuck that I want to have thousands of updates coming in that are just short strings of data out of individual games without any context to what happened before or after that instance. Every single game should be emailed out live at the same time also, that way messages stack in a terrible fantastic way that requires you to read about all the games at the same time. The league should invest in giant reverse mirrors and spotlights to shine on clouds in order to display the standings and leader boards at night time.

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

(This post was last modified: 11-19-2018, 08:49 AM by Troy_McClure03.)

Awards need a revamp.

I think mvp and all that are cool, but awards for every stat we track would be fun!

For example, the player with the biggest minus can be the "biggest anchor of the year" as they , by statistics, drug there team down. The "bad " leaders could get punished by having the award named after them!

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

SHL Expansion: Why We Need More SHL Teams

I don’t get why cities like St. Louis, Philadelphia, and Chicago (all fairly big hockey cities) lack SHL teams while cities like West Kendall, Hamilton, and San Francisco have teams. San Francisco and West Kendall don’t strike me as hockey hotbeds, while Hamilton is a bit of a weird city for a SHL team. So why don’t we just add teams from those cities? There’d have to be 2 or 4 teams to even out the conferences, which would likely result in teams from Philadelphia and maybe Quebec City added to the Eastern Conference while teams from St. Louis and Chicago added to the Western Conference. There would be an expansion draft for these teams, where each current SHL team would have to protect 5 or 6 players, leaving the rest eligible to be picked in said draft. This would also add to a longer SHL draft, with more picks added (7 for each expansion team). Hopefully, with more teams added (and a better chance to crack the league), this would lead to more people sticking around on the site and less people going inactive.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

[Image: Notepad.jpg]

[Image: Depositphotos-46829959-original-1024x602.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2018, 07:58 PM by JSS.)

- A 2nd Defenceman Award

Probably the topic I'm the most interested in mostly because I plan on going the defensive defensemen route with my recreate despite the recreate being years away. Anyways, I was thinking of a pretty good system that maybe the committee could use for when they're deciding on the best defensive defensemen if that's the route they want to go. Block shots and checking should be the biggest 2 factors into winning this word along with +/- being important but not too important. I think we should do it basically having 1 blocked shot worth 1 point, 1 hit worth another 1 point and 1 +/- rating is worth a quarter of 1 to make it important but not overly important. Someone in the committee can do this for most of the defensemen they think could compete for the trophy and do the calculations so the winner for the award would be logical. Just a thought. There is a best 2 way forward award in the SHL and a best defensive forward in the SMJHL so it only makes sense to add a defensive defensemen award. This is something I would like to be see done in the SMJHL too.

[Image: 3.png]

Media/Sponsorships (Don’t know which category it’s in):

I feel that there should be another way for players who don’t have the flexibility, talent, space, software, or time of the average adult to be able to write a detailed essay with many many words or to record a podcast in their own home. For example, some people who are still in school spend a lot of time in their studies and don’t have enough time to write an extra 500-1000 word essay just so they can train for that week, or, to be able to record a podcast in their room when the rest of their family/roommate(s) is/are just way to loud for it to be recorded nicely, or, can’t afford or just can’t use adobe photoshop to create sigs for money. I believe that we can implement another way for people with these circumstances to get money. One way which I believe we can do this is to make the rate of money/word in media articles higher, but not high enough that someone could spend 30 minutes writing and get like 5 million. Or, we can just add a new way to gain money, like maybe contract bonuses that won’t go against the cap, but still have a limit. I just hope that this can be possible as it would help all the players greatly.

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

I think adding sponsorship would be a great idea to improve player activity in the league. Sponsorship should be based on forum activity and not on your player's performance. Each member should select one sponsor and not more at the beginning of the season from a list that would apply to every player. Then, when the player has completed his sponsor requirement, they should link in a sponsor thread all the tasks completed to fill the requirements. This post will be verified by a member which job will be to verify sponsor requirements. It should work in a similar way to how update thread works right now. Then a banker will be in charge of adding the verified sponsor to the member bank account. The types of sponsorship requirement could be related to a number of media post to write during a season, a number of podcasts to make, completing a certain number of PT or weekend fun times and the payout should be adjusted to reflect the level of words require to accomplish those tasks.

176 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]