Create Account

IIHF Headline Blurbs
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2018, 09:54 AM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

2107 words total, ready for grading

[Image: Mpvm0eB.png]

Top Headlines:

Shl   Teams arrive in Japan for tournament
Austria  Gamblers betting on Ireland/Austria
Shl   Tournament Groupings leaked!
Usa   USA lays the Boom.
Czechoslovakia   The Czechs Incite Hysteria

[Image: nlFySMc.png]

1. Japan
2. Nikkō Kirifuri
3. Artermis
4. Konstantin Voloshin
5. Johannes Leitner
6. Derek Bohne

Tags: @artermis

[Image: Pv1Is9x.png]

Teams arrive in Japan for the IIHF tournament
In just about 18 hours from now the Nikkō Kirifuri Ice Arena in Tochigi Japan will have the worlds attention as the S44 IIHF round robin kicks off with it's opening set of games below!

- Germany vs USA
- Czechoslovakia vs Russia
- Finland vs Latvia
- Sweden vs Canada
- Ireland vs Norway
- United Kingdom vs Austria

Japan made a huge downpayment towards becoming the next expansion team in the IIHF with a collosal bid to host this years tournament.

Dec 16 - 3:03 PM

[Image: TeamIreland.png]

Gamblers betting on Ireland/Austria
The results are in! SHL Vegas has tallied the betting commmunities IIHF predictions and the money lies with Ireland and Austria who are the communities nations to beat with both countries squaring off in the tournaments gold medal round. Ireland is the top ranked country in the world while Austria is currently ranked 3rd, so this would make for an exciting medal round ending and one that could in fact happen. 3rd and forth in the predictions were the United States and Canada who have both enjoyed strong offseasons with new team management at the healm. The Czechs and Sweden have to be considered the surprise nations within the gambling community as both rallied lots of support to win their groupings as well as medal in 44.

Source: IIHF Predictions

Dec 14 - 1:02 PM

Tournament Groupings leaked!
The grouping list for the upcoming tournament was leaked from the IIHF discord channell and distributed to some of the leagues prominent media outlets including ours. While we can not confirm the validity of the leaked data, it is believed with a probabale degree that the information is valid.  In this report Group 'A' will host Ireland, Canada, Norway, Germany, USA and Sweden.. while group 'B' will showcase Russia, Austria, Czechoslovakia, Finland, Latvia and the United Kingdom.

Source: Unknown

Dec 6 - 11:08 PM

[Image: TeamUnitedStates.png]

USA lays the Boom.
The Cameron Carter controversy came to an end late last night after the dynamic young prospect choose the United States as his international home. Carter was born in Nova Scotia Canada but has an American father giving him duel citizenship and a choice between the 2 IIHF countries. But the S42 product felt slighted by both nations after being left off the WJC roster shortly after a 45 point 145 hit campaign which earned him the SMJHL's best 2 way forward award and a finalist for league MVP. Cameron reluctantly takes his 600+ player build and an emerging 2 way game to the USA who are quickly surfacing as one of the offseasons big winners.

Tags: @Boomcheck

Dec 7 - 1:02 AM

[Image: TeamCzechoslovakia.png]

The Czechs Incite Hysteria.
There hasnt been a transfer off of a team other then Canada and the United states in years, and yet here we are confirming a 2nd non north American transfer in the past 12 hours!  Team Czechoslovakia has just agreed to terms with Konstantin Voloshin, the 4th pick in the S44 draft and team Latvia's top rated prospect. This coming off the outskirts of Canada adding Wily Mack from the UK roster. Voloshin completed a strong rookie campaign totaling 272 TPE and 28 points for Colorado. This is a major addition for the Czechs and one which should significantly heat up the rivalry between these 2 up and coming teams. The fight for global dominanace has taken an aggressive new turn.

Tags: @InciteHysteria, @caltroit_red_flames, @Jogurtaa

Dec 6 - 1:08 PM

[Image: TeamIreland.png]

Youth Headlines the Irish offseason.
Mika Mayfield, Richard Metcalf Jr. and Rainbow Dash headline an offseason in which the Irish resupplied their prospect pool with top young talent. Metcalf, a 2 way forward out of the United States headlines the group with a player build north of 500, coming off of 33 point season for Halifax. It's not easy to make the roster of the worlds top ranked team.. All 3 are expected to join the WJC tournament and then report to Irelands under 18 traveling squad in S45.

Tags: @BadWolf, @"Eggy Nog", @Lazyeye

Dec 6 - 2:11 PM

[Image: TeamGermany.png]

Germany: Position Battles.
New german GM hhh81 has projected 8 defenders making the S44 German roster. This leaves 3 roster spots available for young new forwards to make the team. Players like Tony Pepperoni Franz Cooper, Derek Bohne, Roger Baston, and Alexander Selich could all vye for those slots.. with Pepperoni's 600+ player build expected to capture 1 of the 3 positions. Fresh off strong rookie seasons for the Kelowna Knights, recent transfers Nickolas Klaus and Nolan Sawchuk may also be in the mix.

Tags: @tommysalami, @Coops, @wumaduce, @yoye, @Tomen

Dec 6 - 2:21 PM

[Image: TeamCanada.png]

Canada Considers WJC Call up.
Canada is considering promoting young forward Jeff Brogen to the 20 man roster. Brogen is coming of a 19 goal, 36 point season for the Montreal Militia. They are considering the call up just as Brogan's SMJHL playing career comes to an end. Brogen could mark a new era of Canada developing and playing their young stars.

Tags: @Flowseidon

Dec 6 - 2:34 PM

IIHF News will be reported as information hits...

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2018, 03:38 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Oh Canada! swipes young star from the UK.
In a move that shocked the IIHF hockey world, top prospect Willy Mack announced his official transfer to the Canadian Hockey Federation from the UK! Canada which has been the lifeline of transferable talent for most countries in need has taken some of that talent back in Mack who projects as a high end offensive talent, coming off a 20 goal 43 point season with Montreal which includes a robust TPE rate as Mack climbs past 430 in just his 2nd season of play. The is a difficult loss for the UK and a worrysome change in strategics for the league as at least for today...Canada moved from from the hunted to the hunter.

Tags: @Mack

Dec 5 - 8:09 PM

[Image: TeamUnitedStates.png]

Coach Cuddles reveals that changes are looming.
Big changes are looming over the United States as Brett Kennedy, John Langabeer Jr., and Colton Hagan will no longer be eligible for international play. This changing of the guard could open up roster spots for some of the nations great young talent. While nothing has been confirmed, players like Lil Manius, James Dekens, Muhammed McLovin, and Kevin Kazarian could all vye for a roster spot and a debut on the international stage.

Tags: @cpetrella, @Bonk, @monkey10pts, @kobel9, @Harry Hans

Dec 5 - 3:03 PM

World Rankings moving into the S44 tournament.
The official IIHF world rankings list was released over the offseason with Team Ireland leading the way as the best country in the world. Here are the official results:  1. Ireland, 2. Russia, 3. Austria, 4. Canada, 5. Norway, 6. United Kingdom, 7. Finland, 8. Germany, 9. United States, 10. Latvia, 11. Czechoslovakia, 12. Sweden

Source: Link

Dec 5 - 2:54 PM

[Image: TeamGermany.png]

Germany winner of the Kelowna sweepstakes.
Team Germany stunned the international community late last night with the signing of the 'Kelowna 3'.. a trio of active Knight juniors who informed the IIHF that they plan to transfer to the same country. This began an unpresidented recruitment period where at least 6 teams pitched their country for transfer! It is believed that it came down to Czechoslovakia and Germany although some reports state that Austria may have been involved due to their previous ties with Kelwona.  None the less it was Germany and their rookie coach HHH81 who stood victorious.  This marks a major shift in philosophy for the Germans who typicaly stay quiet in the transfer front as they promote from within.  There's no word on what Germany offered to land the Kelowna 3 but it is expected that Nolan Sawchuk (243 TPE), Sanyi Kocsis (251 TPE) and Nickolas Klaus (249 TPE) will report to Germanys under 18 team and begin their international careers in this seasons WJC.

Tags: @hhh81, @Noble, @daBenchwarmer, @Jepox

Dec 4 - 9:47 PM

[Image: TeamAustria.png]

Chowbuck/Hunt invited to camp.
Position battles are in store for young Austrians like Johannes Leitner, Jordan Von Matt and Maximillian Egger. But now add forward Mikael Choybuk and the newly signed goalie Michael Hunt to the mix as both players have been invited to Vienna to participate with the team. While it's unlikely that either will make this seasons 20 man roster, this is a good sign for the 2 newest Austrians who look to be in the countrires future plans.

Tags: @DollarAndADream, @atlashunter, @CptSquall

Dec 4 - 10:18 PM

[Image: TeamFinland.png]

Finland Scoops up big international free agent.
Team finland scooped up one of the better international free agents of the offseason with the signing of Poopity Scoop.. a 435 TPE defensemen who showed flashes of brilliance with the Detroit Falcons scoring 25 points, 95 hits, 51 blocks and a +30 in just 16 minutes of ice time per game. Scoop joins Jax Aittokallio, Dank Boija and Willie Fisterbottom as the next wave of Fins looking to make their mark on last seasons 2nd place showing in the group B division.

Tags: @Snussu, @Baelor Swift, @JayWhy, @Ragnar

Dec 5 - 1:13 AM

IIHF looking at countries for future Expansion.
Talk of expansion is not just related to the SHL. Internaly conversations have begun to surface about the possibility of adding another team or 2 to the IIHF and what it would take to make that happen.. While nothing is imminant, the IIHF did cut a deal with the player progression department to start that coversation in the upcoming weekend funtime.

Dec 5 - 2:08 AM

Jearim named new GM of Canada.
A new era is about to begin in Canada as Coach Jearim takes over as head coach of the IIHF's most highlighted country! Plagued by line up issues and inactivity in S43 Canada endured its worst season since S35 boasting a 0.467 winning percentage.  Jearim was hired after a successful season of coaching in the juniors where he helped the Montreal Militia to a 4th seed match up with Vancouver.

Tags: @Jearim

Dec 5 - 3:44 AM

Insiders believe S44 host country could be a shocker.
IIHF officials are about to announce the host country for this seasons tournament and its location may shock you!  The United States and Latvia were considered the front runners  up until the 28th of November when an unknown bidder came in with an offer which has moved tournament officials into hiding.  Their silence has pundits speculating that the country or origin could venture outside of the current 12 IIHF destinations.

Dec 5 - 5:16 AM

Knights|Dragons|Austria

Some big changes this season with Poopity finally getting to transfer. Not sure how I feel about expansion when CZE can barely field a team but if the numbers back it up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

Quote: Some big changes this season with Poopity finally getting to transfer. Not sure how I feel about expansion when CZE can barely field a team but if the numbers back it up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
@caltroit_red_flames

Actually, that was one of the things discussed by @artermis and I in my article on possible IIHF expansion: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=90959

Basically, one of the most important signs to look for was the fleshing out of existing nations with fewer members before expansion could be a possibility. He even pointed to Czechoslovakia in the S30's as an example, and I actually created Zvejnieks because I didn't see as many Latvian players as other nationalities.

So hopefully if there is a push for new nations to be added, recreates and new members might be encouraged to look at alternatives to stacked nations like Canada and the USA, and be more inclined to sign up for Czechoslovakia in the coming seasons!

[Image: N8JhTE5.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2018, 03:41 PM by caltroit_red_flames.)

12-05-2018, 03:31 PMGobbles Wrote:
Quote: Some big changes this season with Poopity finally getting to transfer. Not sure how I feel about expansion when CZE can barely field a team but if the numbers back it up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
@caltroit_red_flames

Actually, that was one of the things discussed by @artermis  and I in my article on possible IIHF expansion: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=90959

Basically, one of the most important signs to look for was the fleshing out of existing nations with fewer members before expansion could be a possibility. He even pointed to Czechoslovakia in the S30's as an example, and I actually created Zvejnieks because I didn't see as many Latvian players as other nationalities.

So hopefully if there is a push for new nations to be added, recreates and new members might be encouraged to look at alternatives to stacked nations like Canada and the USA, and be more inclined to sign up for Czechoslovakia in the coming seasons!

It's hard for me to believe you're a new member with how involved you already are in this. Latvia got a gem in Zvejnieks!

That seems like a big risk to me, but I'd be willing to try. My worry is that so many players create for USA/CAN because they live there and don't really take much time to look at the international recruiting threads. It makes me think that we'd still see most players creating for those countries, but who knows.

Just btw when you quote someone it alerts them so you don't have to @ them

[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]

12-05-2018, 03:40 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
12-05-2018, 03:31 PMGobbles Wrote: @caltroit_red_flames

Actually, that was one of the things discussed by @artermis  and I in my article on possible IIHF expansion: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=90959

It's hard for me to believe you're a new member with how involved you already are in this. Latvia got a gem in Zvejnieks!

That seems like a big risk to me, but I'd be willing to try. My worry is that so many players create for USA/CAN because they live there and don't really take much time to look at the international recruiting threads. It makes me think that we'd still see most players creating for those countries, but who knows.

You know im not sure it really makes a differance who players initialy sign up for because the current class of GM's have adapted to the rules and recruitment has become part of the job for the majority of the teams.

Knights|Dragons|Austria

12-05-2018, 03:48 PMMike Izzy Wrote:
12-05-2018, 03:40 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: It's hard for me to believe you're a new member with how involved you already are in this. Latvia got a gem in Zvejnieks!

You know im not sure it really makes a differance who players initialy sign up for because the current class of GM's have adapted to the rules and recruitment has become part of the job for the majority of the teams.

This has made being a head so much more stressful lol

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2018, 02:12 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Updated Blurbs:
Usa   Coach Cuddles reveals that changes are looming
Shl   World Rankings moving into the S44 tournament

Knights|Dragons|Austria

Team USA will be going gangbusters once Borromini Cannellini gets into the SHL in a couple seasons.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

thicc moves by team germany :eyes:

PLAYER | UPDATE
[Image: BBr47PN.png]

[Image: m9F8nRF.png]

Add Czech Republic and Slovakia for iihf expansion

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

What is the Herb trending for lol

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

Finland finally got decent D

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2018, 08:07 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

12-05-2018, 07:00 PMr1c3bowl22 Wrote: What is the Herb trending for lol

http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.p...pid2522388

Latvians excited about your arrival, lots of Herb Robert searches! Latvia

Knights|Dragons|Austria

Hopefully Texas gets a team

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page