Create Account

S44 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2018, 11:51 AM by Mavfatha.)

NSFL PT

Task 1: Man it wasn't particular easy to track down any significant transactions that either of these teams made (I mean come on, one of them was swapping the 64th and 69th picks in the draft for no apparent reason). The biggest thing I could find was the sign and trade in mid-October that brought Florence Clijsters over to the Platoon in exchange for them sending John Langabeer over to Hamilton. Florence was only able to play third line minutes for her new team, but the big thing was she was able to score at about the same rate as players on the line above her despite less time out on the ice. She came up big both in powerplay situations and in putting away game winning goals, and was even above 50% on faceoffs. I don't know that either team recently brought in any superstars because they didn't really need any more to get to this point, but adding someone like Florence to headline the third line can really make a difference as it did for the Platoon.

Task 3: The highlight of Gotze's season was that he was scoring points like never before, around double the rate of previous seasons. He set new SHL career highs with 17 goals, 16 assists, and 33 total points. I feel like a lot of that has to do with sharing ice time with other big hitters like Rafe Ulfrich, Mia Landvik, and new addition Tigole Bitties, who have somewhat relieved the checking duties from Gotze and allowed him to spend more time contributing in other areas of the game. To be fair, he was also pretty lucky in terms of shooting percentage (highest on the team), and had a lot of those points on powerplays when the Wolfpack had an unfair advantage on their opposition (again most on the team). We shall see if he's able to continue his progression in this area while also picking back up on his checking statistics to become a true power forward once again.

Task 4: Answer sent

Task 6: I'll be the first to say that I have no idea what I'm doing, but after the Dragons were eliminated so thoroughly I feel like they'd be a good candidate for a shakeup. The scoring just wasn't there for them during the playoffs so we're gonna recreate their top 3 forwards lines. We want one of Izzy, Joe, and Roman on each line, because they're all dominant scorers but also just amazingly well-rounded players and actually the top 3 faceoff men on the team despite the fact that 2 of them aren't centers. Each of these guys should be supported by a pure passer, so we'll split up Mikko, Hunter Jones, and Alex Mack between the 3 lines as well. Finally we add another reasonable scoring threat to each line; Brennan kinda messes up my strategy but the other two options of Esa and Shooter are strong players. This gives us a first line of Izzy at C and Esa and Mikko on the wings, a second line of Joe at C and Hunter and Shooter on the wings, and a third line of Roman at C and Alex and Brennan on the wings. This allows the Dragons to give closer to equal time to each line, drop the weird fourth line setup, and trust that they'll have a star and some solid supporting players among their forwards at all times.

[Image: gotze_team_siggy.png]
[Image: lKRNHAn.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2018, 03:06 AM by tweedledunn.)

TASK 2:
[Image: AnjPQGM.png]

Task 4:
sent via PM

Task 5:
[Image: Xcf51SL.png]

Task 7:
[Image: 0bS9WTM.png]

Task 8:
Forward – Trevor Wilson (West Kendal Platoon) - MY MAN! ½ of the Fashion Twinz
Forward – Alex Light (West Kendal Platoon) – Always a Knight & Stream Bro
Forward – Zach Evans (Winnipeg Jets) – One time I made him angry with a joke podcast and I feel bad so this is a sympathy spot
Defender – Karl Hefeweizen (Winnipeg Jets) – I loved his sim he was building and I love Hefe beer irl
Defender – Max Weber (Winnipeg Jets) – Old Portland buddy and I want him to cook me things
Goalie - Beaujeaux Biscuit (West Kendal Platoon) – Finish BojoBox please

Task 9:
[Image: 4lXmfo6.png]

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

TASK 1: (Written, 3 TPE)
Choose one team in the series and talk about the steps they took to make the finals. Was it a free agent signing, or an MVP player, or trades, etc. Must be 150 words.

The Winnipeg Jets are in the finals because they were able to build an outstanding culture around the team. Every player on that team works harder than the other one, because they all one to outplay each other which lead to a high level of excellence all across the team. This has led the team to have multiple players that can compete for the MVP title. This competition between the players inside the Jets has led to most of them developing really well and they now are one of the teams with the most top level players and depth in the SHL. During this year playoffs, they have 11 players with more than six points in the 12 games have played. Their third line center, Kyle Kylrad, has an impressive 11 points in 12 games in the playoffs before the finals. Getting this type of production from your depth player is an important part to determine which team will be able to stand out during the playoffs.
167 words

TASK 3: (Written, 3 TPE)
In 150 words or more write about the top highlight of your season. whether it be your first goal, your first hat trick, first shutout, clinching playoffs, getting a career high in something, etc. Must be hockey related.

For Anders Christiansen, this year highlight is easy to point out. For the first time in his SHL career, Christiansen has finally taken part in the prestigious SHL playoffs. He was playing his third season in the SHL and Toronto missed the playoffs cut off in both those seasons following an end of season multiple game losing streak. However, this year, the annual losing streak didn’t come, and Toronto were not only able to grab a playoff spot, but they were also able to win the eastern conference regular season title. Reaching the playoffs was a huge step forward in the Toronto North Stars going from a rebuilding team to a team that can start to contend for the league title on a regular basis. The players who are starting to form the core of the team comes mostly from the S39 draft and finally had the chance to get some playoffs experience even if they ended up losing in the first round.
163 words

TASK 4: (*CASUAL MEMBER SPECIAL* Send answer in PM, 3 TPE)
Question: Before the start of the game little tammy threw 4 reese's peanut butter cups on the ice. 2 of them were skated over and crushed! (Ohhh No!!!)... how many peanut butter cups were NOT skated over?

Sent via PM.

TASK 6: (Written, 3 TPE)
In an effort to improve the product, the league has asked an outside source to look over the playoff lineups and determine which teams could have performed better.. Come up with a new set of lines for one of the teams eliminated in the playoffs, and explain why you made the choices you did. Must be at least 150 words.

The team that I thought would end up in the final are the Edmonton Blizzard. They were the team with the most points during the regular season with the closest follower getting six points less than them. They had the hard task of facing the Winnipeg Jets during the S44 playoffs semi final and they ended up getting eliminated by the Jets. Here are the lines I would have used to face the Jets:

Knouse – Fletcher – Cuddles
Smyth – Cukurs – Thorstein
Rockefeller - Scholz – Czerkawski
Knouse – Fletcher – Cuddles

The first line reunited the Blizzard best offense talent and this line should be able to generate most of Edmonton offensive power. On the second line, I choose to put DeMaricus Smyth instead of Hercules Rockefeller even if I consider Rockefeller to be the best player of the two, because spreading the talent between your secondary lines will put you in a better position to deal with the other team lines and it could get you an offensive advantage on your fourth line.
159 words

Task 8: (Written, 3 TPE)
Pick up to 3 topics below to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be 50 words or more.

1.  Between both rosters, create an all Challenge Cup starting lineup! (D, D, F, F, F, G) and in 50 words or more explain a little about your selections.

Volkova – Visser – Forsberg
Weber – Koch Schroder
Zhumbayev
For me, Visser is the best forward of the combine lineup. Volkova is a top goal scorer in the SHL and Forsberg will be able to add a more physical aspect to the forward line. In my opinion, Weber and Koch Schroder will form the perfect pairing to equilibrate the offense and defensive side of the game.
57 words

3.  Between Beaujeaux Biscuit and Artom Zhumbayev which star goalie has the advantage over the other in this series?

I think the Winnipeg Jets goaltender Artom Zhumbayev will take the advantage against Beaujeaux Biscuit during the S44 SHL playoffs. Since the beginning of the playoffs, Zhumbayev has performed at a higher level than Biscuit. Zhumbayev has a 2.34 GAA and 0.927 save percentage compared to Biscuit 2.65 GAA and 0.916 save percentage.
53 words

4.  Choose 1 young player from each team (either on their roster or a prospect of theirs) who you believe will be there teams next great player and why?

On the Platoon, I expect center Florence Clijsters to be the next first line center of the team once sees gets more ice time, because I feel that the two players in front of her are limiting Clijsters offensive output. On the Jets, Troy McClure III is the future of the defense. He previously won the SMJHL regular season MVP and I expect his success will translate to the SHL.
70 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

Task 1: The steps Winnipeg took the finals are the steps they always take. They just sit back and let the SHL living legend, Jason fuckin’ Visser, do his thing. Visser is a former league MVP, and he’s just been a monster his entire career. This season was no different. Visser lead the Jets in scoring in the regular season, netting 19 goals and 28 assists for 47 points. Visser stepped up his physical game this season, crushing opponents with 151 hits. Visser has been good all season, and he’s been contributing in the playoffs as well. He’s got 5 goals and 3 assists in the post season so far, and he’s added 32 hits as well. While others are having a better playoff so far on the Jets, a big reason for that is how teams have been game planning to shut down Visser, which is giving opportunities to other teammates. It’ll be interesting to see if West Kendall can contain the future SHL Hall of Famer. (168)

Task 4: PM’d.

Task 6: The team I’d be wanting to have made some lineup changes to, is none other than my own Calgary Dragons. We’d been playing Edmonton very well, and we kept outshooting them, but the team wasn’t putting the puck in the net, which was a common theme in the regular season as well. It was frustrating to see us try the same thing again and again, when there we some easy tweaks to the lineup that could’ve potentially helped us since Simon T is so fickle. First tweak: Flip Mike Izzy and Joe K. When you have two franchise centers, its pretty easy to see they’re interchangeable. It could’ve been the spark needed to get the goals in the net. The other potentially tweaks would’ve been flipping Mikko Linna and Hunter Jones OR just flip Roman Augustus and Shooter McGavin. When you have that collection of talent, one tweak like this could’ve changed our luck and maybe we’d be playing for the Cup again. (163)

Task 8:
1. My All Challenge Cup starting lineup:
a. Jason Visser: You can’t take off the reigning MVP and overall great player.
b. Dani Forsberg: Should be this season’s MVP, monster scorer and hitter.
c. Trevor Wilson: Still underrated, but a great player nonetheless.
d. Ludvig Koch Schroder: Minutes eating monster on the blueline.
e. Gary Grease: Just because I like the guy a ton.
f. Beaujeaux Biscuit: Because I love Bojo. (71)

2. I’m giving the tactical/managerial advantage in this series to the West Kendall Platoon. JR has been in this position seemingly time and time again as of late, and he keeps coming out on top. It also helps that he’s the SMJHL simmer, which means he has a lot of time with the sim, and that extensive knowledge most likely has given him some ideas for how to run his team. (71)

5. Oh there’s no way I wouldn’t be going to West Kendall. While I don’t give a rat’s ass about West Kendall itself, I’d be partying in Miami as much as possible between the two games. But lets be fair, who the hell wants to go to Winnipeg? The two places are pretty much complete opposites in terms of fun, weather, and size. Give me the beach every time. (68)

Other Task: NSFL PT

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2018, 05:58 PM by karey.)

Code:
Choose one team in the series and talk about the steps they took to make the finals. Was it a free agent signing, or an MVP player, or trades, etc. Must be 150 words.

The Winnipeg Jets haven’t had to structure their team too much recently. Their team absolutely hit the jackpot in S31 with the draft of Pietra Volkova, Jason Visser, Corey Bearrs, and Zach Evans, superstars on any team in the SHL but have the luxury of playing together on one team. That is a team core that you do not need to meddle with because of the talent present. The secret to Winnipeg’s success is two fold. One is in their incredible core that they have structured their team around, but the second is their consistent and positive locker room environment. Unfortunately some members have gone inactive as of recent, but their players have stayed on and found success this season as the hard work has already been attributed to their players. It’s likely that the Winnipeg window will close in the next few years, but with Jason Visser showing no signs of slowing down, we may expect them back on the top next season as well.

Code:
TASK 2: Invitation
[Image: invite.png]

Code:
TASK 4: CW Special

done. PM sent

Code:
Task 9: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
Theres a tattoo parlor right outside of the arena offering 50% off all challenge cup related tats and they need your help! Make a tattoo of a player in the finals with their name underneath it and add it somewhere on the customers body. post of a pic of the results!
[Image: jets.png]

Code:
Task 10: (Podcast, 3 or 4 TPE)
The SHL Network is excited to announce extended coverage of the S44 Playoffs through your speakers! From hit podcasts to fresh new voices.. submit your mini-pod and earn TPE! What you talk about is up to you, the only criteria is that all Mini-Pods should be post season or Championship Series related. Here are the details below:

done
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2018, 06:27 AM by Mayuu.)

Code:
TASK 2: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
Create a SHL Challenge Cup viewing party invitation! Must include a location for the party, a special guest appearance for your fans and a list of 2 events being held at the viewing party (i.e. Poker Tournament, Bean Bag Tournament, etc.)

[Image: CW_graphic_1.png]

Code:
Question: Before the start of the game little tammy threw 4 reese's peanut butter cups on the ice. 2 of them were skated over and crushed! (Ohhh No!!!)... how many peanut butter cups were NOT skated over?

** Note: To receive credit for this task you must send the answer to me by forum PM.  Do not post the answer in this thread as you will not get credit... Please make the subject of the PM “CW Special” [Earn up to 3 TPE for this task. 1 TPE for participation, 2 additional TPE for the correct answer]

Code:
TASK 5: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
Make a graphic matching up a "Player To Watch" on each team in the finals. Must include their renders, player names, team logos, and a player statistics for each.

[Image: forsberg_vs_evans_CW.png?width=1211&height=703]

Code:
TASK 7: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
The SHL has teamed up with the United Postal Service to create a commemorative challenge Cup stamp collection. Create a postage stamp with a player in the series. Must include their render, player name, and the monetary amount of the stamp.
[Image: stamp.png?width=638&height=673]

Code:
Pick up to 3 topics below to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be 50 words or more.

1.  Between both rosters, create an all Challenge Cup starting lineup! (D, D, F, F, F, G) and in 50 words or more explain alittle about your selections.
2.  Which GM in the finals do you believe has the tactical/Managerial advantage and why?
3.  Between Beaujeaux Biscuit and Artom Zhumbayev which star goalie has the advantage over the other in this series?
4.  Choose 1 young player from each team (either on their roster or a prospect of theirs) who you believe will be there teams next great player and why?
5.  You want to buy tickets, hotel stay and airfair for one of the games in this series and you have to decide between a trip to West Kendall or Winnipeg.. what city did you choose and why?

Choose 1 young player from each team (either on their roster or a prospect of theirs) who you believe will be there teams next great player and why?
Ola Wagstrom has been really good so far the Detroit Falcons, being one of the top earners of his draft class. Getting second line minutes on a stacked falcons he really showed why he's a force to be reckoned with.
Boris Denisovich is coming hot off two strong seasons, one in Kelowna and one in Colorado. You keep finding him in top of the points earners of all SMJHL.

Both of these are going to be huge assets to their teams.

Code:
Task 9: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
Theres a tattoo parlor right outside of the arena offering 50% off all challenge cup related tats and they need your help! Make a tattoo of a player in the finals with their name underneath it and add it somewhere on the customers body. post of a pic of the results!

[Image: unknown.png]

RETIRED

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2018, 04:25 AM by Blastmeaway.)

Task 2: Create a SHL Challenge Cup viewing party invitation! Must include a location for the party, a special guest appearance for your fans and a list of 2 events being held at the viewing party

[Image: Screen_Shot_2018-12-11_at_1.53.22_AM.png...height=601]

Task 4

Pm'd

Task 5: Make a graphic matching up a "Player To Watch" on each team in the finals. Must include their renders, player names, team logos, and a player statistics for each.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2018-12-11_at_2.32.02_AM.png...height=453]

Task 5: The SHL has teamed up with the United Postal Service to create a commemorative challenge Cup stamp collection. Create a postage stamp with a player in the series. Must include their render, player name, and the monetary amount of the stamp.

[Image: 84224800-postage-stamp-vector-blank-mock...height=601]

Task 9: Theres a tattoo parlor right outside of the arena offering 50% off all challenge cup related tats and they need your help! Make a tattoo of a player in the finals with their name underneath it and add it somewhere on the customers body. post of a pic of the results!

[Image: 112282431.jpg]

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

Code:
In 150 words or more write about the top highlight of your season. whether it be your first goal, your first hat trick, first shutout, clinching playoffs, getting a career high in something, etc. Must be hockey related.

Now, I didn’t really have a good season. 31 points wasn’t exactly my aim. But my top highlight of the season was probably starting off this season like a house on fire, with 7 points after 4 games good enough for second best in the league. This season also happened to be my most spread out season points wise, with 15 goals and 16 assists, but starting off the season, I was pumped. I checked the index, tapped the leaders section, and saw my player’s name up there. I went bananas. Lombardi is normally a notoriously slow starter, so to see him with 7 points that early was awesome. Sadly, I didn’t keep up the point scoring (finish with 31 as previously mentioned), but I’ll always remember the start of this season.

Code:

** Note: To receive credit for this task you must send the answer to me by forum PM. Do not post the answer in this thread as you will not get credit... Please make the subject of the PM “CW Special” [Earn up to 3 TPE for this task. 1 TPE for participation, 2 additional TPE for the correct answer]

Sent

Code:
In an effort to improve the product, the league has asked an outside source to look over the playoff lineups and determine which teams could have performed better.. Come up with a new set of lines for one of the teams eliminated in the playoffs, and explain why you made the choices you did. Must be at least 150 words.

As a professional line-up changer, I took a look at the Toronto North Stars. The Stars finished second in the East, so they should’ve won their first playoff series. But no. They lost in the first round. As such, I’m here to change their lines.
Line 1 was York-Vakarian-Lundberg, and I’d only make one change. Lokitonov, while also a sniper, is more physical than Vakarian, which is why he’d take her spot on line one, and she’d drop down to line two with Anders Christiansen and Kristian Eriksson, who’d replace Carter Manning on the the second line. Eriksson didn’t produce as much as Manning (2 points compared to Manning’s 5), but would provide the steely veteran leadership that those two would need. Line three would see Manning drop down to bring some scoring pop with Bananerstrom and Church, which would make this line more offensively potent. Line four would remain the same.
The defense doesn’t need much changing. The one problem I see is rookie Jordan Von Matt, who struggled, on the second pairing. That’s why I’d bring Ti-Guy Émond in his place. Émond is more experienced than Von Matt, who can be very mistake-prone.

Code:

1. Between both rosters, create an all Challenge Cup starting lineup! (D, D, F, F, F, G) and in 50 words or more explain alittle about your selections.
2. Which GM in the finals do you believe has the tactical/Managerial advantage and why?
3. Between Beaujeaux Biscuit and Artom Zhumbayev which star goalie has the advantage over the other in this series?
4. Choose 1 young player from each team (either on their roster or a prospect of theirs) who you believe will be there teams next great player and why?
5. You want to buy tickets, hotel stay and airfair for one of the games in this series and you have to decide between a trip to West Kendall or Winnipeg.. what city did you choose and why?

3. I’d say that Biscuit, the Irish goalie for West Kendall, has the upside. While both goalies are both very experience and both have Challenge Cups to their name, Biscuit has been the most consistent. When West Kendall won their first cup in 30-something seasons, Biscuit was the man between the pipes. He knows how to break a hoodoo. Zhumbayev doesn’t.

4. West Kendall’s next great young player has to be British defenseman Rex Kirkby. He’s made an impact on the Platoon this postseason, racking up 5 points (1 goal, 4 assists), a very good plus-minus of positive 3, and 17 hits, third on the team behind Wilson and Forsberg. I think Kirkby will be West Kendall’s next big defenseman because of his physical prowess and offensive upside. 17 hits is great for a rookie defenseman in the playoffs. He’s adjusting to life in Florida, and his offsenive output (5 points for a two-way defenseman is good) is bolstered by his 80 passing.

5. I would probably go to Winnipeg instead of West Kendall. While West Kendall is a suburb of Miami, which means it probably has a better nightlife, it strikes me as a beach town that’s way too crazy (see CW entry from last year when I wrote about arrests). Winnipeg strikes me as a much more calmer and open town, and I’ve never liked beaches anyways, so Winnipeg would be the place for me.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2018, 10:33 AM by JayWhy.)

Considering these are the two teams who met in the Finals last season, there really hasn't been much turnover that created a difference. In a sense, there's two main differences to the teams for this season.

Both teams called up St. Louis Scarecrows defensemen. West Kendall brought up Rex Kirkby while Winnipeg brought up Lil Manius. While the two of them wouldn't be considered major contributors by any means with around 15 minutes per game, they are playing important minutes in big time hockey games. Kirkby specifically, with 5 points, is playing a key role in the depth and supplemental offense of the team.

Beyond that, the difference in goaltending has been drastic so far from last season's playoffs. Beaujeaux has gone from a .927 SV% last season to a .916 in this season. Meanhwhile, Zhumbayev isn't relying as much on his offense with a .927 SV% himself this season when he had a .900 last season. It's something that will play a key role is the continued success of either goaltender. With a more potent offense in West Kendall, it's possible Zhumbayev struggles. Meanwhile, considering the trouble for scoring in Winnipeg, it may be something where they've had bad luck and it comes around hard for them.

This won't be a majorly different series from S43, but it could have those bit pieces play a major part for them.

Who doesn't remember their first goal? While we lost the game in the end, it was a major moment in my career as Jax. His first game of his SHL career is against the West Kendall Platoon (relevant, ha). Jax is a player that skates hard and drives possession forward, but he will get beat up for it at times. Because of this, he took a beating throughout the game but ended up with seven shots on goal. The most important one was to bring the game back within one with just under five minutes remaining in the second period when he drove into the slot and tipped a shot from James Dekens just by Beaujeaux Biscuit.

Dekens collected the puck for him, knowing from the previous season as the Jesster winner, how important it was. Jax and Takshak had both gotten their first points, Jax with his first goal. It was a sign of things to come with a very consistent scoring first half of the season for Jax, hooking up with Dekens regularly. However, this was the most meaningful as Jax showed the hard work and tenacity of an Aittokallio and earned the biggest moment of his career -- so far.

** Note: To receive credit for this task you must send the answer to me by forum PM. Do not post the answer in this thread as you will not get credit... Please make the subject of the PM “CW Special” [Earn up to 3 TPE for this task. 1 TPE for participation, 2 additional TPE for the correct answer]

PM'd

If there's a team the league could've hoped to play better overall, it would be the Calgary Dragons. When you have the Battle of Alberta raging on in the playoffs, you hope and expect for it to go the distance and rake in the cashflow. Rather, this one went 5 games in just the first round.

The obvious change in the line-up that could be expected would be to address the age problem. Esa Anrikkanen may be a great player historically, but at some point you slow down. With the league increasing in speed every season, he's bound to be left in the dust at some point. If he continues to slow it down, he may be damaging his own linemates by keeping them at his pace. Meanwhile, Shooter McGavin played below him on the five-on-five lines despite playing better overall at creating opportunities. I would swap out McGavin into that top-six wing role that Anrikkanen has held down for so long.

Beyond that, Casey Creller has historically been one of the better contributors to the defense on the team but is relegated to a third pairing role at five on five. While I advocate giving more time to younger players, Creller isn't old by any means as just a S36 draftee. He's in the prime of his career, and could have played a major factor with his playoff experience over someone like Ostap Maksimov and his 22 minutes per game. It's a three minute difference, but that's about six shifts and could make the difference in close games.

Overall, they're the team I would expect to do better overall and was somewhat disappointed by, however they did end up performing well overall and a lot of these series were toss-ups effectively.

Task 10: (Podcast, 3 or 4 TPE)
The SHL Network is excited to announce extended coverage of the S44 Playoffs through your speakers! From hit podcasts to fresh new voices.. submit your mini-pod and earn TPE! What you talk about is up to you, the only criteria is that all Mini-Pods should be post season or Championship Series related. Here are the details below:

1 Man Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 5 minutes or 4 TPE for 7 Minutes
2 Man Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 6 Minutes or 4 TPE for 8 Minutes

http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.p...pid2535987

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2018, 12:27 PM by Raven.)

NSFL Welfair claim

Quote:TASK 1: (Written, 3 TPE)

Let's talk about the eastern champions, the West Kendal Platoon. It took them one 5 game series and one seven game series to get to the finals, but in those 2 series they definetly show a great showing from two spetacular players. One of them is Trevor Wilson. The Canadian two-way forward has been an absolute beast out there on the ice. In 12 games he has so far recorded 18 points. These points were recorded in the form of 6 goals and 12 assists. Showing an incredible shot aswell and some amazing pases and set up plays.   On the other side of the ice we find the Swedish born two way forward Dani Forsberg. Forsberg has recored 9 goals and 5 assists so far in the playoffs. Rocking a fenominaly even 21.43% shooting percentage his shots have been very deadly.

The playoffs are quite a showing and these two are to blame for it. The first two lines have been the reason the Platoon are still in the playoffs.

Quote:TASK 3: (Written, 3 TPE)

Rafe Ulrich season featured many highlights. The first was of course the first time Ulrich came out onto the ice wearing his New England Wolfpack jersey and playing in a game. It was the first game of the season and it was against the Buffalo Stampede. His first game ended in a 4-6 lose, but Ulrich was able to snag his first ever assist on a goal by Artemi Berezin. His second highlight came the next game when he scored his first goal aswell as his second assist and this would also be infront of his home crowd. The game would also mark Ulrichs first ever SHL win as the Wolfpack defeated the Stampede 7-4. The last highlight I will mention is just the end of the season, finishing it with 31 points as a rookie is incredible. It was a very enjoyable season to Ulrich and he hopes for many more to come and to get better with each season.

Quote:TASK 4: (*CASUAL MEMBER SPECIAL* Send answer in PM, 3 TPE)

PM sent

Quote:Task 10: (Podcast, 3 or 4 TPE)

1 Man Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 5 minutes or 4 TPE for 7 Minutes
2 Man Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 6 Minutes or 4 TPE for 8 Minutes

http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.p...pid2535091 - 7 min minipodcast

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

Code:

The St. Louis Scarecrows path to the finals went thru their nemesis the Vancouver Whalers. The team that ended their hopes and dreams of a 4 Star Cup last season in 5 games. Right from the get go, it looked like the Whalers were going to dominate their old foe quickly jumping out to a 2 games to zero lead in the series. St. Louis fought back and took game three, but immediately dropped game 4, which put the Crows back against the wall. 3 Elimination games, 3 hard fought victories, as the Crows finally dispatched Vancouver in 7. Which leads us to the 4 Star Cup against Colorado. A surprise, some may say, that the Raptors took down the top seeded Falcons, but they found a way to scrap their way to the finals. Reflecting back on the season, if the Scarecrows end up hoisting the 4 Star Cup, a savvy trade deadline move by St. Louis's GM Joe K may be the deciding factor. Clearly in a win now mode, the Crows traded for the Raptors best two players, Alex Winters and Phillip Winter. These two, after the bumpy 6 game losing streak to start off their Crows career, have been nothing short of spectacular. Adding much needed depth on an already stacked team, taking away the best two players on a team you wind up playing against in the finals may be too much to over come.

Code:

Nicky Pedersen Jr's career in St. Louis has been one of ups and downs. During his rookie seasons, it took him about 15 games to register a point, the people are the water cooler were whispering "BUST". He finally got it going ended up with a solid 20+ point season. Followed up that with a 40 point sophomore year, and an appearance in the 4-Star Cup, which unfortunately was a loss. Coming into his third season, Pedersen had one goal, win the 4 Star Cup. Well he's getting his chance to do that, but along the way, he had some amazing successes this year. Including his first ever Hat Trick! Game 9 on the season, St. Louis v. Kelowna - The game turned out to be an old time hockey special, with the Scarecrows winning 8 to 5. Right off the bat, the Crows took it to the Knights, going up 4 to 0 11 minutes into the game. However, the Knights would not back down, they capitalized with 3 goals in a span of 1 minutes and 40 seconds. sending the game to a 4-3 score after the first. The Knights tied it up and took the lead 5-4 at 7 minutes of the 2nd period. Thats when Nicky Pedersen made his presence known. Tying the game back up at 5 at the 9 minute mark, then putting the Scarecrows ahead for good 7 minutes later to end the 2nd period up 6-5. Pedersen put a cherry on top with his hat trick goal 6 minutes into the 3rd. Truely a magical night for Pedersen, finishing with 3 Goals on 5 shots, a +3, with 4 hits. He knew it was going to be a good year finishing up with 20 G & 20 A for the Scarecrows.

Code:

PM Sent

Code:

Looking back on the Calgary Dragons unsuccessful playoff run, I would say that while Esa is a master of putting a team together, he trusts himself to put the best team on the ice in every situation. With the puck luck going against the team, I always wished that he would make the smallest of changes, to see if it would work in his favor. In S38 when Pedersen Sr. was struggling, I begged him to switch him from one wing to the other. Eventually he did, and the results were amazing. However the playoffs are a different animal, its hard to justify making changes when there is no room for error. So if I could set the lines. for the dragons:
1. C- Joe K LW - Augustus RW - Linna -
2. C - Izzy LW Hunter Jones RW Esa
3. C -Mack LW McGavin RW Kennedy
4. C- Izzy LW McGavin RW Joe K
Defence stays the same:
Goalies - Kata Vilde
The biggest change would be swapping Joe K & Izzy on the 1st and 2nd Line. When I played in LA as a young pup, Wasty used to play Pedersen on the first Line, and have a higher TPE center on line 2. I think that it may generate a small advantage, while not giving up much having the Hall of Famer Joe K anchoring the first line.

Code:

1. Between both rosters, create an all 4 Star Cup starting lineup! (D, D, F, F, F, G) and in 50 words or more explain alittle about your selections.
F Bernard Freeman -STL- Dude has been a stud in the playoffs 9 points in 7 games with 4 goals including 2 Game Winning Goals.
F Nicholas Williams - STL - 8 points in the playoffs in 7 games. The Captain of the Crows. Wining over 50% of his faceoffs, and threw in a game tying goal in the first series.
F Nicky Pedersen Jr. - STL - Gritty Power Forward. leading the team in hits with 12 in the 7 game series. Can change the game on either side of the ice. Comes from a family of winners. Son of 5 time Challenge Cup Champion: Nicholas Pedersen.
D Kiki Rytmeyr - STL - Game Changer on the back end. Plays the toughest minutes against the other teams best players.
D Cassius Darrow - COL - Having an outstanding playoffs with 10 Assists in 12 games.
G Scottey Crawfling - COL - 8-4 record going into the finals with a .918 save percentage and a 2.39 GAA. Definitely playing at a higher level than his counterpart. But Cain is streaky, and has won 3 in a row, but since Crawfling has won two series, he gets the nod in this one.

2. Which GM in the finals do you believe has the tactical/Managerial advantage and why? - Joe K. hands down is the puppet master that will be leading the Crows to the 4 Star Cup. Savvy dealing during the season, brought Colorado's two best players on to an already stacked team. It's been tough to find the right chemistry between the lines, but with the Crows backs against the wall, Joe found a combination that not only worked, but excelled. Erasing a 3 games to 1 defect to the defending champions Vancouver.
3. Between Beaujeaux Biscuit and Artom Zhumbayev which star goalie has the advantage over the other in this series?
Both goalies have been spectacular leading up to the finals, or there team would be in this position. I am going to give the nod to Beaujeaux Biscuit in the tightest of races, simply because he has had two shutout victories in the playoffs, while Zhumbayev has not had any. The difference between the two is so thing, that the decision is simply because Beaujeaux had the clean sheets.

[Image: mstuk41.gif]
[Image: 35884_s.gif]

[Image: jcjcF7J.png][Image: nHs4nH0.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2018, 06:16 PM by hockeyfan.)

Code:

Let's talk about Winnipeg. Oh, they didn't do anything? Okay, let's talk about West Kendall. They made a good trade close to the deadline, acquiring Cameron Dubois from New England, which really solidified the defense and made the job of Beaujeaux Biscuit even easier. He's not a power play guy, but the penalty kill became much better with Dubois and as a depth move, it was great for WKP. Another great signing that was a little under the radar was backup goaltender Willis Vincent. Giving him money to open and close the bench door was a great move by WKP management because it gave Biscuit the confidence to know that his backup will never steal his job and he will have all the confidence in the world if he has a bad game or stretch of games, he knew he wouldn't lose his spot. That likely meant a looser version of the Biscuit that helped him lead his team to yet another finals appearance.

(169 words)

Code:

Harvey Danger's sophomore season ended with the exact same amount of points as his rookie season (2 goals, 12 assists for 14 points) but this year he did it by spending little to no time on the power play. He vastly improved his defensive play with almost twice the amount of shot blocks and a much better +/- rating on a team with a close goal differential. Danger's hitting was down, but he put himself in less of a position for the hit by playing better defense, if that makes sense.

But, the top highlight of the season was Danger's first and only fight of the season, getting his ass handed to him by veteran Fedor Shirobokov. It was not even close. That ass kicking seemed to wake him up though, and it turned his season around completely. Before that fight, he was middling as a guy not doing much offensively or defensively, but a switch was turned and Danger started to contribute and finished with a decent defensive sophomore season.

(173 words)

Code:

PM Sent

Code:
In an effort to improve the product, the league has asked an outside source to look over the playoff lineups and determine which teams could have performed better.. Come up with a new set of lines for one of the teams eliminated in the playoffs, and explain why you made the choices you did. Must be at least 150 words

The team I'll be looking at is the Toronto North Stars, due to their 1st round upset loss to Minnesota. Here is a new set of lines:

1st line: Chris York - Lyndis Vakarian - Mikhail Loktionov
Load it up! All three are shoot first players and Toronto needs goals to win. This line may produce more shots which in turn might equal more goals?

2nd line: Anders Christiansen - Kristian Eriksson - Carter Manning
This was Kristian Eriksson's last hurrah, and why not give him a 2nd line spot in his final playoff? His leadership and history of big time goals could have helped the other two.

3rd line: Mercer Church - Blabar Bannerstrom - Jonathan Lundberg
Dropping down Lundberg from line 1 to 3 would give them more of a top 9 threat and they might match up against a less talented line and take advantage.

4th line: Chris York - Kristian Eriksson - Mikhail Loktionov
Nothing different here, just load up the 4th line in case they ever come on together.

I'd keep the defense and goaltenders the same. There, you're welcome Toronto.

(182 words)

Code:

1.  Between both rosters, create an all Challenge Cup starting lineup! (D, D, F, F, F, G) and in 50 words or more explain alittle about your selections.
2.  Which GM in the finals do you believe has the tactical/Managerial advantage and why?
5.  You want to buy tickets, hotel stay and airfair for one of the games in this series and you have to decide between a trip to West Kendall or Winnipeg.. what city did you choose and why?

2. I don't even know who the GM of the West Kendall Platoon is, but they would have the advantage against Winnipeg because they've been here recently and won before. They won last season and assuming the roster is pretty similar, so they would know what works in STHS and what doesn't. (55 words)

4. 1 player from West Kendall who would be their future star is defenseman Rex Kirkby. Dude's a beast already as a S43 draftee and doesn't show any signs of slowing down. From Winnipeg, it's got to be Lil' Manius. He's got big footsteps to fill, but he's been very productive for such a little man. (60 words)

5. The decision is very tough, he says sarcastically. Apparently West Kendall is in Florida, which is very warm and fun, while Winnipeg is in Manitoba, which is cold in the winter and the bugs are huge in the summer. No brainer. I'm sure the hotels are very nice in West Kendall. Golf anyone? (54 words)
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2018, 09:46 PM by Paq.)

WELFARE TASK: NSFL PT

Code:

We now know that the West Kendall Platoon are playing in the finals after defeating the Minnesota Chiefs. So how did they do it? Prior to their series agains the Chiefs, high ranking members of the Platoon front office threatened family members of the Chiefs' players, saying if they did not throw the series that their lives would be at risk. The Platoon took a 2-0 lead before the series went back to Minnesota and the Chiefs players realized the threats were hollow as their families made no indication that they had been threatened. The Chiefs took the first game back on home ice, only to realize later that night that their meals had been poisoned by an agent of the Platoon posing as kitchen workers in the Chief's arena. The Chiefs dropped another game, falling to 3-1. Fully recovered for game 5 and more wary of the Platoon's tactics, the Chiefs valiantly fought back to tie the series at 3-3 before dropping a fair game 7 that sent the Platoon to the finals. Despite going 3-1 in fair fights against West Kendall, the Chiefs lost three games as a result of nefarious tactics from the Platoon. That is the only reason the Platoon are in the finals over the Chiefs right now. Hopefully the league will take action, but we can't be sure given the tactics used by West Kendall in their series against the Chiefs.

Code:

** Note: To receive credit for this task you must send the answer to me by forum PM.  Do not post the answer in this thread as you will not get credit... Please make the subject of the PM “CW Special” [Earn up to 3 TPE for this task. 1 TPE for participation, 2 additional TPE for the correct answer]

PM Sent

Code:

In their series against West Kendall, which was not a fair loss as I explained previously, the Chiefs used the following lines for their wings and centers:
[Image: 89zOpPk.png]
How would I have fixed these lines to prevent the Chiefs from being eliminated? Move Xavier Paquette to line one. He was terrible for the Chiefs all series and by playing with the first line he might have been carried by better teammates surrounding him and had his sucking be less noticeable. Instead, the Chiefs put him with the players they consider second rate and his deficiencies were exposed as the players on line with him were not up to par. Believe it or not, in my analysis this was the Chief's only flaw, but it was a fatal one. Let's look at the specifics of how awful Paquette was in the playoffs. He was -12 in the Chiefs' 14 games, which is terrible. He scored 1 point in the Chiefs 14 games, despite playing nearly 20 minutes per game, which is also terrible. He took and missed 29 shots and made 0, which is, you guessed it, terrible. Minnesota's second line was as bad as their first line was good, and this imbalance of player quality cost them the series.

Code:
TASK 7: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
The SHL has teamed up with the United Postal Service to create a commemorative challenge Cup stamp collection. Create a postage stamp with a player in the series. Must include their render, player name, and the monetary amount of the stamp.

[Image: kcoG22l.png]

[Image: xOtrQ61.gif]
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2018, 08:20 PM by Shmurph.)

Task 4 : PM sent

Task 7 :
[Image: 6Sq5LFT.png]

more to come
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2018, 10:59 PM by Muerto.)

<Task 3> (Written, 3 TPE)

S44 was Goku Muerto's first season in the SHL. He joined several other rookies on the San Francisco Pride roster as the rebuild began in earnest. The two top accomplishments for Goku were 1. to finish top 5 in rookie scoring, which he finished 4th. Secondly, was to develop a scoring touch around the net. 11 goals is nothing gangbusters, but for a player who never had scored even 10 in juniors, it was a great feeling to be able to show some finish and gain confidence moving forward!

<Task4> Sent

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies