Create Account

S45 Interested Prospects Thread

[Image: jYLSkDI.png]

Hello and thank you for considering the Colorado Raptors for your junior hockey experience! If you don’t mind, please answer a few questions that will help you and us determine whether you would be a good fit for the Raptors!

1. We are a team that has an active and heavy Discord presence. Do you have Discord? If not, would you be willing to get it?
  2. On a scale of 1-10, how active do you anticipate being? Are there any upcoming that you can foresee affecting that?
  3. What kind of player are you looking to build and how can we help you achieve that?
  4. Is there anyone on our current roster that you know and like or dislike? (Feel free to PM if you don’t feel comfortable sharing)
  5. Are you interested in being a member of the Raptors?
  6. Would you be interested in a follow up PM to answer any additional questions we may have?
  7. Are hot dogs a taco?
  8. Do you have any comments/concerns/questions about the Raptors that we can answer?

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

1. We are a team that has an active and heavy Discord presence. Do you have Discord? If not, would you be willing to get it? I'm on Discord
  2. On a scale of 1-10, how active do you anticipate being? Are there any upcoming that you can foresee affecting that? About a 7. I mean, I'm starting a new job, but it's not like I haven't been on SHL while working full-time for the past 2 1/2 years, so.
  3. What kind of player are you looking to build and how can we help you achieve that? Offensive shoot-first defenseman. I'm pretty familiar with STHS but obviously would be open to DMan build advice coming off an okay career with a forward
  4. Is there anyone on our current roster that you know and like or dislike? (Feel free to PM if you don’t feel comfortable sharing) That InciteHysteria is pretty smelly, and Tomen makes me jealous. (Nah, but for real, I obviously don't have anything against Colorado, look at how many Raptors we've drafted to Winnipeg while I've been helping them with scouting)
  5. Are you interested in being a member of the Raptors? See above.
  6. Would you be interested in a follow up PM to answer any additional questions we may have? Certainly
  7. Are hot dogs a taco? The fuck is wrong with you?
  8. Do you have any comments/concerns/questions about the Raptors that we can answer? Do you people actually call hot dogs tacos?

[Image: zdenkoberanek.gif]
Sigs by @enigmatic, @Geekusoid, @sve7en  and @Wasty 
Zach Evans
 | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

1. Got a discord use it whenever I'm on and message on my phone when I remember to check

2. I mean I check the site at least for messages every day I plan on being pretty active only thing that would effect it would be if I never figure out how this site works should be fine though maybe little help here and there but I guess 8-10

3. ....goalie large and laying in the net to help the team (hes a big boy)

4. I dont know many people yet but I dont hate anyone I dont know if they are on your roster but you know who's awful fuckin squall hate that guy friggin pompous (only joking hes my brother)

5. If you need a goalie and I get ice time sure 

6. Shoot man I like feeling popular go ahead

7. Hot dogs aren't good enough to be a taco man dont disgrace tacos 

8. Dont know enough about the leagues personalities or team histories to have any sorry man

[Image: il_fullxfull.2951208976_e3ir.jpg]

[Image: zFE0mSA.png] [Image: HKi05IH.png] [Image: KS8UYv9.png]

We are a team that has an active and heavy Discord presence. Do you have Discord? If not, would you be willing to get it?
have it and use it!

On a scale of 1-10, how active do you anticipate being? Are there any upcoming that you can foresee affecting that?
5 out of 10. New dad, so always variables there

What kind of player are you looking to build and how can we help you achieve that?
Shoot-first offensive D-man. Just let me in the lineup and I'll do the rest!

Is there anyone on our current roster that you know and like or dislike? (Feel free to PM if you don’t feel comfortable sharing)
Been out of the loop for a while, so i haven't familiarized myself with any changes you guys might have made personnel wise

Are you interested in being a member of the Raptors?
Yes, I'll do my best for whoever drafts me

Would you be interested in a follow up PM to answer any additional questions we may have?
Yes! fire away!

Are hot dogs a taco?
Not really? Hot dog is a tube, the meat in a taco is usually ground beef. Plus the bread parts are made very differently and are very different consistency. So, uh, no.

Do you have any comments/concerns/questions about the Raptors that we can answer?
Not that I can think of!

[Image: antonescu.png]
[Image: BKGrppM.png]
Thank you to Ham and Sulo for the sigs!
Scarecrows Chiefs Renegades Dragons Stampede Panthers norway
Scarecrows Specters Switzerland
Scarecrows pride Switzerland
  Armada pride Ireland

1. We are a team that has an active and heavy Discord presence. Do you have Discord? If not, would you be willing to get it?
Yep big time DISCORD BOI

2. On a scale of 1-10, how active do you anticipate being? Are there any upcoming that you can foresee affecting that?
7-8, not gonna go nolife like past players cuz i dont wanna burn out, planning on longevity

3. What kind of player are you looking to build and how can we help you achieve that?
Scorer scoring goals. Best way to help is draft my brothers because were building the optimal line.

4. Is there anyone on our current roster that you know and like or dislike? (Feel free to PM if you don’t feel comfortable sharing)
great people on that roster.

Yes of course!

6. Would you be interested in a follow up PM to answer any additional questions we may have?
sure there daddy-o

7.Are hot dogs a taco?
see ive had the same thought, and if a hotdog is a sandwich is a taco a sandwich, is a quesadilla a sandwich, is a quesadilla a burger if it has meat?

8. Do you have any comments/concerns/questions about the Raptors that we can answer?
nopenope

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

We are a team that has an active and heavy Discord presence. Do you have Discord? If not, would you be willing to get it?
I love having interaction on Discord... wouldn't have it any other way.

On a scale of 1-10, how active do you anticipate being? Are there any upcoming that you can foresee affecting that?
10. With Crush Cile, my plan was that we would stagnate until I was ready to bring in my second generation goaltender... Well AOV is here... and is ready.

What kind of player are you looking to build and how can we help you achieve that?
A beast. My long-term goal is to position myself to hit new records... whether it be SMJHL or SHL.

Is there anyone on our current roster that you know and like or dislike? (Feel free to PM if you don’t feel comfortable sharing)
This time around... I'm being pretty impartial. I've been around long enough to just simply let stuff go in regards to grudges and have put in the effort to hopefully overcome my past adversity.

Of course... I'm interested in being a part of a team that wants to win.

Would you be interested in a follow up PM to answer any additional questions we may have?
Absolutely

Are hot dogs a taco?
Is a penis a vagina?

Do you have any comments/concerns/questions about the Raptors that we can answer?
Good luck this draft!!!

[Image: Wally.png]

I love striking discord into the hearts of men.

8, there shouldn't be anything that affects that

I'm looking forward to scoring lots of points since my last player was more about smashing. But I'm first and foremost a team player, so it's really more about what my player can help you achieve.

I know of most of the people who have been around a while. I know Samee best Smile

sure

of course!

Are hot dogs a taco?

no

nah I think I'm good!

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates

Yeah I have Discord, works great for me.

I'll give myself a solid 9. Maybe not a max earner because of equipment, but yeah, still good.

Would like to build a goalscorer. Give me links to PT opps and I'll do them.

I don't really know who's on the roster. Alaska is in Czech LR I know that. Nathan_Hall is great.

Sure, I don't know too much about the league so I'm open to anyone.

Absolutely!

Are hot dogs a taco?

Hell no. When you ask for a hot dog does someone give you a taco? When you ask for a taco does someone give you a hot dog? Both should be no.

Nothing at the moment, feel free to PM me!

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

12-15-2018, 10:51 AM39alaska39 Wrote:
[Image: jYLSkDI.png]

Hello and thank you for considering the Colorado Raptors for your junior hockey experience! If you don’t mind, please answer a few questions that will help you and us determine whether you would be a good fit for the Raptors!

I do: SLOTHFACEKILLA#7809
    I am hoping for about an 8, still fully understanding what it takes in-season, etc.
    I primarily am looking to be a Finnish-molded sniper, but also round out my game so that I am good defensively and improving my linemates' production.  I'm looking for a team that can help guide my training so I can maximize my skills to help the team
    Apologies, I can't say I know anybody!
    Of course
    Of course
  7. Are hot dogs a taco?
    YES
    Not right now!

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

1. We are a team that has an active and heavy Discord presence. Do you have Discord? If not, would you be willing to get it? I have Discord and am on it every day.
  2. On a scale of 1-10, how active do you anticipate being? Are there any upcoming that you can foresee affecting that? Anywhere from 5-10 depending on a lot of stuff. Discord should make it easier to remember about this place for keeping active.
  3. What kind of player are you looking to build and how can we help you achieve that? I'm looking to build an All-around Power Forward who can slot in on any Line below Line 1
  4. Is there anyone on our current roster that you know and like or dislike? (Feel free to PM if you don’t feel comfortable sharing) I knew no one before coming here barring random past acquintances I haven't seen here yet.
  5. Are you interested in being a member of the Raptors? I'm interested in being part of any team.
  6. Would you be interested in a follow up PM to answer any additional questions we may have? Of course!
  7. Are hot dogs a taco? No, they're Depression Sandwiches
  8. Do you have any comments/concerns/questions about the Raptors that we can answer? If you draft me I'd be interested in learning about the team history I guess.
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2018, 09:54 PM by Lynxfire.)

Yes already have
    6? 
    Puck moving left hand defenseman, good at skating and passing
    Nope brand new
    I like raptors, and Colorado, so I can't go wrong?
    Sure
  7. Are hot dogs a taco?
    No, while they are generally of a similar shape, the shell, contents, and cultural associations of the hot dog and taco are wildly divergent. In the next 191 words, I will describe these conclusions in great detail. To start, shell of a taco is classically made of corn. While flour tacos do also exist, they are generally frowned upon and people who enjoy them are degenerates. If we were to extend this discussion to the classic American version of the taco, represented in this post by the Taco Bell crunchy taco, we can also conclude that taco shells are fried. A hot dog bug is neither made of corn nor fried and is therefore not the same as taco. Secondly, the contents of a taco are usually spicy. I will ignore the Chicago version of a 'hot dog' which claims that you can basically put anything inside of a hot dog that you'd like, and focus on the classic American hot dog which at most consists of ketchup, mustard, onions, and perhaps sauerkraut. None of these things are spicy. Therefore a hot dog is not a taco. Lastly, tacos are from Mexico or southwestern areas of the United States where the Mexican culture is strong. Hot dogs are not from these places. Therefore I conclude that hot dogs are indeed not tacos. I can cite references upon request.
    Do they have tacos in Colorado that do not resemble hot dogs?

[Image: Rq2Dtaw.png]  [Image: Anchorage.png]  [Image: PPpK5xb.png]

[Image: vE2xRO8.png]

12-17-2018, 09:31 PMLynxfire Wrote: I can cite references upon request.

im waiting

[Image: cooldudeam1234.gif]
(Sig Credit: toedragon84)

Yes I have discord
    I'll be around almost everyday, and nope.
    Hoping to build a bonafide #1 goaltender who is can steal games. Give me a fair chance to develop and play.
    Nope
    Yes I am.
    Fire away!
  7. Are hot dogs a taco?
    No.
    Nope

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

12-17-2018, 09:45 PMGood_Ole_Kimmy Wrote:
12-17-2018, 09:31 PMLynxfire Wrote: I can cite references upon request.

im waiting

Arellano, Gustavo (2012). Taco USA: How Mexican Food Conquered America. New York: Scribner. ISBN 978-1-4391-4861-7.
Holtz, Déborah; Mena, Juan Carlos (2012). La Tacopedia: Enciclopedia del Taco (in Spanish). Trilce Ediciones. ISBN 978-607-7663-35-5.
Pilcher, Jeffrey M. (2012). Planet Taco: A Global History of Mexican Food. New York: Oxford University Press. ISBN 978-0-19-974006-2.
Levine, Ed (2005-05-25). "It's All in How the Dog Is Served". The New York Times.
McCollough, J. Brady (2006-04-02). "Frankfurter, she wrote: Hot dog shrouded in mystery". The Kansas City Star.

[Image: Rq2Dtaw.png]  [Image: Anchorage.png]  [Image: PPpK5xb.png]

[Image: vE2xRO8.png]

12-17-2018, 09:56 PMLynxfire Wrote:
12-17-2018, 09:45 PMGood_Ole_Kimmy Wrote: im waiting

Arellano, Gustavo (2012). Taco USA: How Mexican Food Conquered America. New York: Scribner. ISBN 978-1-4391-4861-7.
Holtz, Déborah; Mena, Juan Carlos (2012). La Tacopedia: Enciclopedia del Taco (in Spanish). Trilce Ediciones. ISBN 978-607-7663-35-5.
Pilcher, Jeffrey M. (2012). Planet Taco: A Global History of Mexican Food. New York: Oxford University Press. ISBN 978-0-19-974006-2.
Levine, Ed (2005-05-25). "It's All in How the Dog Is Served". The New York Times.
McCollough, J. Brady (2006-04-02). "Frankfurter, she wrote: Hot dog shrouded in mystery". The Kansas City Star.

You... actually cited. I'm impressed

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52