Create Account

Recreate players crowd early S46 draft field
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2018, 02:15 PM by hhh81.)

Recreate players crowd early S46 draft field 
Harry Hemmert, The Athletic Denver 

DOUBLE MEDIA WEEK WOOHOO!!

While Reddit recruitment is upon us, and will bring about extensive surprises as new blood floods into the SHL, the name of the S46 SHL/S45 SMJHL draft game has been high profile recreate players. Today, we’ll take a closer look at some of the top players that could hear their names called early this Thursday evening during the SMJHL Entry Draft. 

#1: Borromini Cannellini, Center (@ArGarBarGar) 
ArGar made serious noise late in the season, announcing his new client, Borromini Cannellini, would declare for the S45 SMJHL draft, with eyes on the SHL as soon as possible. It will be hard to deny the outright talent of Cannellini. The sniper wants the puck on his stick at all times, which might rub some teams the wrong way. Still, he has a surprisingly polished two-way game already along with an absolutely lethal shot. Time will tell if Cannellini is a center or wing at the next level, but so far he’s gotten off to a strong lead with his offseason training so far, carrying a whopping 199 TPE into the SMJHL Draft. 

#2: Nikolai Evans, Defense (@ztevans)
Young Nikolai looks to step into the massive shoes of his soon-to-be-retiring father, Winnipeg star forward Zach Evans. Nikolai is not his father—he’ has all his father’s offensive skill, but utilizes them as a defender, rather than scoring forward. With his father’s long history as a Jet, it’s inevitable that the Jets will try to bring young Nikolai into their prospect pool. Until then, look to him to immediately have a chance in a SMJHL team’s top four defenders next season, sending blistering slapshots from the point on the powerplay. 

#3: Olivier Cloutier, Right Wing (@Jenny)
The SMJHL Player Progression Director Jenny is as sure-fire a prospect as you’ll find in the draft. After the long career of Norwegian bruiser Mia Landvik, Jenny has moved onto a new client in this young French sniper, as Landvik will retire after S45. In Cloutier, a team will get a diminutive sniper with a strong two-way game. Compared to Martin St. Louis, Cloutier has strong puck control and a solid shot. They could improve their skating, but for now teams will draft Cloutier due to the clout Jenny brings to the table, regardless of how they test at the combine.  

#4: Tyler Tougard, Right Wing (@Durden)
Tougard is another good recreate at wing, a slick skating sniper who should challenge for the rookie scoring lead. Durden has built more than one quality player in SHL, including the likely Hall of Famer Jack Durden, so this latest representative should be no different. With his conversations with the media and teams, expect him to go in the mid to late first round to a playoff contender like Detroit, St. Louis, or back to Vancouver. The young Swede should have an immediate impact on and off the ice for any team that drafts him. 

#5: Karlstraße Scholz, Defense (@karlssens)
Many Edmonton and German fans mourned when they heard Blizzard legend Nikolaus Scholz would retire at the end of S45. However, excitement abounded when Edmonton’s GM announced that he would represent another Scholz, Karlstraße. The young defender has no relation to the German predecessor, but is an equally skilled two-way player. He has a solidly developed frame to go along with good all-around skills, and is a fairly safe bet to reach the SHL due to the connections with karlssens. The main knock on the Luxembourger Scholz is his offensive game is not very refined, but he has plenty of time to work out any kinks in his game once drafted. 

#6: Eva Lykke Aparjode, Left Wing (@Jogurtaa)
Speaking of legends, Isaac Cormier-Hale is definitely one, and Jogurtaa knows how to represent the best talent Latvia has to offer. Between ICH and Oliver Pettyfer, it’s easy to see how Eva Lykke Aparjode (ELA) has sprung up draft boards after the announcement they were joining the S45 SMJHL Draft class. 

Like many European-born forwards, ELA has a solidl well-rounded offensive game with at least 60 points in scoring, passing, puck handling, and skating. This player can do about anything you need from them in the offensive zone, though ELA definitely looks to score goals at will. Defenisvely ELA is rather passive and can get pushed around a little bit, but they have the frame at a 6-3, 190 pounds to add significant muscle mass and be a terror in the SMJHL. Like Jenny’s player, it’s likely someone will pick ELA in the first round of the draft, solely because they know they are getting an active updater and contributor to their locker room. 

#7: D Basil Magnicotta (@Rancidbudgie)
Rancidbudgie had success a year ago with his first player, reaching over 500 TPE, but fell off afterward. In his newest attempt at hockey stardom, Magnicotta is liquid offense from the blueline. His shot and handle are very well-developed for a player his age, and he has strong skating as well. He could stand to focus a little more on his own end, but if your team is never in the defensive zone, do you need to play defense? His activity will be supported by his roommate @Gobbles also declaring for the S45 Draft, and impressing almost every team with his activity and high quality media.

#8(t): Aleksi O’Koivu-Volkova, Goalie (@Wally)
#8(t): Jakub Hasek, Goalie (@"Jakub")
Goalies are notorious hard to scout and project, so we ranked the top two goalies of the class together. O’Koivu-Volkova comes from strong hockey bloodlines, as his father Olli O’Koivu was a solid pro for Portland and Minnesota. Like his father, AOV has a temper, which teams will have to look into during the draft process before using a mid-round pick on the Russian. 

Jakub is another known quantity among GMs, due to his prior client, Jakub Trocheck, and experience in head office capacities. While Trocheck never lived up to his draft hype, the hope is Jakub Hasek is a young Czech goalie that can carry a load, both in juniors and the SHL. 

While a first-generation goalie could come out of nowhere and steal attention through the pre-draft process, my bet is on one of these two being the first goalie off the board, likely in the 2nd round of the SMJHL draft. 

#9: Olin O’Dowd, Defense (@Sour_Chin_Music)
While Michael O’Dowd never made it big, Sour_Chin_Music is back with another Irish-born player. Olin O’Dowd is strong in his own end and has a solid first pass. He looks to jump in on the rush where needed and doesn’t have any glaring weaknesses, but also lacks any outstanding strengths. O’Dowd’s success will come down to whether Sour_Chin_Music can stay active and continually update, he’s a solid bet to go between 6-12 in the draft this week. Plenty of teams need blueliners, especially skilled passers. O’Dowd can be all of that. 

#10: Lunga Gumba, Left Wing (@Pingy Pingu)
Another early recreate that caught many people off guard. Few have ever heard of the Land of Gumba, from whence Lunga Gumba originates, nor did they expect Pinguy Pingu to drop his namesake client in favor of this relative unknown. Gumba has, without question, the best shot in the draft. Unfortunately, there isn’t much else notable about Gumba. His offseason training and workouts with teams have been completely private, so no one knows what else this player is capable of. It's expected the Detroit Falcons know, due to Pingy’s relationship with the franchise. At worse, a team will get a player that can shoot as hard and quick as anyone in the SMJHL—that shot is a lethal weapon on the powerplay, even if Gumba can’t skate to save his life and is limited to fourth line minutes. 

Honorable Mention: Cant Eykhil, Center (@linsangeles)

Cant Eykhil came on strong as one of the earliest players in the class, but fell off quickly, as past players of linsangeles also did. Eykhil, if he continues to stick around, could be a decent value pick later in the draft. The power forward has a non-conventional build and may struggle defensively early on. Still, if linsangeles is committed and updates regularly, he should be a strong bottom six forward this season, with upside to be a standout player down the road. The scouting process will be big for his value. 

Honorable Mention: Osbert Whacker, Defense (@BWIII)
While the first player under the new username, this is BWIII’s second time on the site. All are hoping Whacker ends up a better player than Marcel Puhringer was able. So far, teams are cautiously optimistic about his activity so far. Whacker approaches the draft with a solid 172 TPE. He’s one of the best defenders in the draft class with a base 78 DF, while also being an adequate skater and good puck handler. His offensive game is there and better than some, but no one would confuse Whacker’s game for that of Sanyi Kocsis. Yet, at least. BWIII will need a strong locker room to keep him engaged with the site. If he gets that, the sky is the limit for Whacker’s potential.  

The Smeb Brothers 
RW Parker Smeb (@O4L)
C Daniel Smeb (@Kylrad)
LW Kit Smeb (@kit) 
D Chico Smeb (@xDParK) 

Many around the league were shocked when the well-known Smeb family held a massive press conference to announce the triplets Parker, Daniel, and Kit would all announce for the SMJHL Draft. The trio have been playing hockey together for years, and have dominated the South Korean juniors circuit. The forwards make a skilled, balanced line where center Daniel sets up his brothers, Kit is the shooter, while Parker plays a more solid two-way game If a team is able to keep these three together, it should pay dividends down the road. However, it’s hard to project or rank these players, solely because we don’t know how they’ll perform if separated. It will be very difficult for any SMJHL team to draft all three to keep the family chemistry going, but at least a team or two will no doubt try. 

The shock kept coming when, just a few hours later, their elder brother Chico Smeb came onto the scene represented by SHL legend xDParK, fresh off an extended retirement. Little is known about Chico as a player, beyond that he is a defenseman. SMJHL GMs will likely flock to scout the Super Smeb Brothers leading up to this week’s draft. 

Quote:Word Count: 1747, ready for grading

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

wow big draft class hehe

[Image: OzriPox.png]

Player Page - Update Page

artermis,Feb 2 2017, 04:11 PM Wrote:9gag pretty lit tho

I can not read this on dark theme lmao

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Very nicely written my friend

12-18-2018, 01:33 PMAce Wrote: I can not read this on dark theme lmao

Yeah, seemed like a real short article until i highlighted it all

12-18-2018, 02:02 PMInf1d3l Wrote:
12-18-2018, 01:33 PMAce Wrote: I can not read this on dark theme lmao

Yeah, seemed like a real short article until i highlighted it all

It's showing up alright for me. What should I do to fix it for you all?

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

This draft class is sick. Some huge names here and players who have came back from their loooooong retirements. This will be a draft class to remember.

[Image: 32882_s.gif]

Oliver Pettyfer / Isaac Cormier Hale / Eva Lykke Aparjode

I'll have you know that Yuri Ushakov is also technically a recreate Goalie!

[Image: Ushakov.png]

12-18-2018, 02:08 PMhhh81 Wrote:
12-18-2018, 02:02 PMInf1d3l Wrote: Yeah, seemed like a real short article until i highlighted it all

It's showing up alright for me. What should I do to fix it for you all?

Honestly not sure what is causing it, might be my phone and the mobile site with dark theme?

woooooooo this is fun. great write up, hhh :D

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates

Good stuff.

Gonna be a hell of a season.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

man i am so hype for this draft class

[Image: unknown.png]

"Bring back Pingy Pingu Lunga Gumba esq. And I mean bring him all the way back. I want every thread on this forum that involves even a modicum of salt to get razed to the ground by our most notorious shitposting penguin. I want every thunderdome to drown in ABAGABA spam and a signature that doesn't end. I want the userbase of this fine league to cower in terror, slinking about the forums and making as little noise as possible for fear of attracting the Shitpost Slenderman. When some poor immigrant from the NFL sim blunders into the forum and makes an angry post about how his player slipped to the early second round despite having done ALL the rookie tasks(!), let the veteran survivalists stare in horror and pity while the newbie rages. They will know it is only a matter of time before @Pingy Pingu descends upon his post like a ravening wolf and obliterates his tread, reducing it to a radioactive waste-dump of unintelligible spam. They will not interfere, for Pingy is our immune system. Because he can take it. Our Dark Knight of Shitposting"

Sig credit to @WannabeFinn @JSS @Mordaciious @Mayuu @TommySalami
                                              Falcons banner credit to @karey

yeet good write up

[Image: sour_chin_music.gif]

[Image: HoJ50Az.png][Image: bbtqOQr.png]
Gif sig by Gillon
Other sig by ml

12-18-2018, 02:09 PMJogurtaa Wrote: This draft class is sick. Some huge names here and players who have came back from their loooooong retirements. This will be a draft class to remember.

Seems I picked a crowded time for my comeback as well haha. Working out the player stats I'll make still

[Image: S3zuZxo.png]
[Image: 10cjae8.png]

12-18-2018, 05:14 PMScott_Stevens4 Wrote:
12-18-2018, 02:09 PMJogurtaa Wrote: This draft class is sick. Some huge names here and players who have came back from their loooooong retirements. This will be a draft class to remember.

Seems I picked a crowded time for my comeback as well haha. Working out the player stats I'll make still

Are you him? THE Scott Stevens? The Trophy namesake?