Create Account

S45 Lethbridge Lions Interested Prospects Thread

1. Do you have any previous SIM league experience?
No.
2. Who is your player what what is your position?
LW Gordie Boomhover
3. What are your thoughts on the SHL as a whole? Is it something that you see yourself sticking too?
I think it is fantastic. First impressions are great. Getting a lot of help from the community. I am sure i will stick around.
4. What are your thoughts on discord? We have a lockerroom on the actual site but discord is a quick way of communicating with everyone, GMs and teammates.
I actually found out SHL on Discord. 
5. Tell us some things that you enjoy doing, hobbies, activities etc.
Everything related to hockey: following the NHL, running a fantrax fantasy league, playing and creating hockey games. Besides that i like following all kinds of other sports (cycling, soccer, formula1, olympics, etc)
6. Do you have any interest in joining a brand new franchise such at the Lions?
I sure do. Hometown hockey club are actually called the Lions too.
7. Is there anything that you would like us to know about you or your player going into this upcoming draft?
I like Daniel Sprong and would like to train my player similar to his style, but a bit more focus to being more allround.
8. Biggest pet peeve?
I'm not familiar with that word. 
9. What's your favorite movie quote?
I'm getting too old for this sh*t.

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies

Yup, used to be here. Also was a GM of a fantasy league for a few years

Brennan Kennedy Jr, D

3. What are your thoughts on the SHL as a whole? Is it something that you see yourself sticking too?

I think so for sure, like I said. Used to be here, but was also on a few others anand got burnt out. Now I'm out of everything so this is my only focus.

4. What are your thoughts on discord? We have a lockerroom on the actual site but discord is a quick way of communicating with everyone, GMs and teammates.

I love it for communcating

I enjoy hockey obviously, fishing, camping, working on cars, drinking beer

Sure, why not. Get to potentially be the face of a brand new franchise

7. Is there anything that you would like us to know about you or your player going into this upcoming draft?

Not that I can think of, you can PM me if you want to know anything

8. Biggest pet peeve?

People that act like they know everything

Say hello to my little friend

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

Nope

Guy Zheng - D

It seems like a lot of fun. I've already written a few articles and I'm getting into it.

Discord is great.

Cooking, video games, amateur fisherman, watching esports, watching hockey. I'm not a very active person.

Of course! As long as there are a few experienced players/GMs/whoever on the team to give advice, I'm all for it.

I'll be focusing on offense first and foremost, but I'm also dumping points into defense because I heard that's pretty important.

8. Biggest pet peeve?
People who leave their high beams on while driving normal roads

Seth: "She looked me in the eyes and said 'Momma's making a pubie salad, and she wants some Seth's own dressing.' She's D.T.F. - down to fuck man. P in va G" -- Superbad

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

1. Do you have any previous SIM league experience? A little bit Smile

2. Who is your player what what is your position? Nikolai Evans, defenseman

3. What are your thoughts on the SHL as a whole? Is it something that you see yourself sticking too? I made it through one player, why not two?

4. What are your thoughts on discord? We have a lockerroom on the actual site but discord is a quick way of communicating with everyone, GMs and teammates. I'm good with it.

5. Tell us some things that you enjoy doing, hobbies, activities etc. Video games, listening to music, writing

6. Do you have any interest in joining a brand new franchise such at the Lions? Sure, why not?

7. Is there anything that you would like us to know about you or your player going into this upcoming draft? /shrug. I'm leaving him up to the mercy of whoever SHL-drafts me in re: to SMJHL career length, so I make no promises there. Otherwise, gonna be an offensive defenseman, shoot-first, should be fun, shouldn't suck.

8. Biggest pet peeve? Making me repeat myself (I don't think this has any SHL context, especially as a player since I don't do jobs anymore, but you asked Smile )

9. What's your favorite movie quote? My mistake. Four coffins.

[Image: zdenkoberanek.gif]
Sigs by @enigmatic, @Geekusoid, @sve7en  and @Wasty 
Zach Evans
 | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

1. Do you have any previous SIM league experience? Nope, brand new.

2. Who is your player what what is your position? Collin Gibbles -  Right Wing

3. What are your thoughts on the SHL as a whole? Is it something that you see yourself sticking too? Seems like a great way to embrace my love of hockey.

4. What are your thoughts on discord? We have a lockerroom on the actual site but discord is a quick way of communicating with everyone, GMs and teammates.  Pro discord 

5. Tell us some things that you enjoy doing, hobbies, activities etc. Gaming, D&D, Volunteering, Watching movies

6. Do you have any interest in joining a brand new franchise such at the Lions? Yes, being in on the ground floor of a new team is exciting and enticing.

7. Is there anything that you would like us to know about you or your player going into this upcoming draft? Nothing that comes to mind.

8. Biggest pet peeve? not learning how to cook. Like I get that not everyone is bobby flay in the kitchen but learning how to make your food is both fun and helps you live healthier.

9. What's your favorite movie quote? Dewey Cox: YOU CAN TAKE THE CHILDREN, BUT YOU LEAVE ME MY MONKEY!

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2018, 10:09 AM by Kalakar.)

No, this is my first time.
Matt Kholin, Center.
It seems like a fun experience, I think I'm gonna have a good time. I will definitely stick with it.
Discord is definitely easier to reach people and to chat.
My hobbies outside hockey are gaming, tv shows/movies, photography, reading, travel.
It would be a lot of fun to join a brand new team!
I'm still new, so I'm open to all feedback.
8. Biggest pet peeve?
Talking over people.
I don't really care about quotes but: “Filthy? She has no idea. If we had a black light, it would look like a Jackson Pollock painting.”

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

b]1. Do you have any previous SIM league experience?[/b]

Yeah, I'm in Pro Baseball Experience (PBE) and National Simulation Football League (NSFL). Same username.

Michael Scarn, center.

The website is pretty intimidating and the index is hard to navigate without help so it's tough. The rookie entrance is pretty impressive though, kudos to the structure here.

Discord works great. See my tag on my profile.

I love watching baseball (Red Sox) and football (Patriots). And The Office of course.

Sure, I'm keeping my mind open to anywhere.

I want to build a goalscorer.

8. Biggest pet peeve?

Inactive locker rooms are tough. So maybe expansion is a bit wary.

"Mop the ice"

- Cherokee Jack (Threat Level Midnight)

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

Yup.

Sig

Yup.

Sure.

Games

None.

No.

8. Biggest pet peeve?
Repeating myself.

You do not talk about Fight Club.

Update PageWhalers | Wolfpack | Player Page

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**

Nope, only a bit of Fantasy league way back.

Kristoffer Svensson, center.

Honestly really exciting. The simming part of it really brings it to a whole new level, and at this point everything is new and shiny, so I believe I'll be around. Smile

It's great! I'm all for it.

Other than watching hockey and following my local team (Luleå HF) I'm really into gaming. Add to that your usual blend of music, movies and tv shows.

Yeah! It's exciting to be part of forging a new path, so I think that aspect would be really cool.

Not at this point, but feel free to ask!

8. Biggest pet peeve?
When people put random spaces before questionmarks or periods, like "what's up ?".

I don't get it, man.

Can't go wrong with Arnie.

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]

[Image: f7Sn74Q.png]
[Image: G7pWGHR.png]

Yeah, mostly some private sims with some friends, GMing teams etc. Have also been a commissioner in a private hockey sim.

Raino Kyllönen, Center.

Absolutely, I love getting immersed in things like these, I love the sport and can see myself being here for the long haul. The sense of community is fantastic, and is something I've instantly picked up on already.

Love it. I use it a lot for a bunch of different reasons, so I think it's an excellent choice of keeping in touch with each other quickly. SP ODT#8533

I've been a drummer for 15 years now, so that, and music as a whole I'm very fond of. I've been a fan of creative writing in the past and have some vast experience in it, so picking it back up again with media posts and such is always fun. Beyond sports such as a hockey, I enjoy to play video games. Mainly RPGs, sports games and strategy.

He and I are here for the long haul, and you'll regret passing on us Wink

8. Biggest pet peeve?
When I have to repeat myself.

8. Biggest pet peeve?
When I have to repeat myself.

"You know, we are sitting here, you and I, like a couple of regular fellas. You do what you do, and I do what I gotta do. And now that we've been face to face, if I'm there and I gotta put you away, I won't like it. But I tell you, if it's between you and some poor bastard whose wife you're gonna turn into a widow, brother, you are going down."

"There is a flip side to that coin. What if you do got me boxed in and I gotta put you down? Cause no matter what, you will not get in my way. We've been face to face, yeah. But I will not hesitate. Not for a second."

Heat, 1995.

[Image: H5SPYp4.png]

[Image: pxO2PYw.png] [Image: q95r3bg.png]
[Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]

Nope, not this particular Sim experience.

Backdoor Barnacle, RW

Love hockey and simulation-based games, so I have high hopes here.  Looks like the activity level here is high and longstanding, so I could see myself sticking to it for a while.

Seems very convenient.  I've been using it for the first time over the past couple days.

All things hockey, rock music, gaming, going out for food/drinks.

Absolutely.  Starting with a brand new franchise would be fitting for a new player.

Idea is that he is a hard-nosed power forward with a knack for goal-scoring.  Happy to adjust to what team needs are though.

8. Biggest pet peeve?
Sustained pessimism.

With the context of the movie's ending: "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist" - Kevin Spacey as Verbal Kint in The Usual Suspects.

Backdoor Barnacle - RW - Vancouver Whalers

[Image: BBBARN.jpg]

Not in this league, minor OOTP Baseball experience for overall sim experience

Jimmy Slothface - RW

I'm almost embarrassed how excited I am about this haha.  It is right up my alley and I see myself sticking with it for multiple seasons.

I have it installed on my phone and home/work computers so I can be connected at almost all times!

I'm big into watching and playing sports, and I'm a fan of the Detroit sports teams.  I'm also very into MMA.  I play beer league hockey, but mostly am into the beer after the games these days.  I'm also into video games, mostly PC games but I own all the consoles as well.  I enjoy reading books, though I tend to start multiple books and never finish them.  I play bass in a not very active pop punk band, and enjoy going to shows.  

It would be cool to help build the foundation of a new club (plus my prospect team is the Lions right now!)

I'm not putting up a ton of points in the tournament, but I'll be dedicated to improving my player into a contributor

8. Biggest pet peeve?
People who chew with their mouth open

"Big gulps huh?  Alright, welp see you later!"
I use it way too much in real life.

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

None

Donny McMasters - D

Very cool idea and definitely seeing myself on here for awhile.

Prefer using discord.

Enjoy running, playing basketball, board games.

Definitely, will have a chip on the shoulder mentality.

Donny McMasters won't make headline news every night but will be steady and reliable on the ice.

8. Biggest pet peeve?

Being late.

"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball."

Hey there!

Absolutely none.

My player is Mathias Seger (D)

I think, it's a very cool project. I really haven't seen anything comparable that is this active. I can definitely see myself, visiting this site regularly for a long time.

I have it, use it and I'll certainly participate in my future team's channel.

When I'm not busy with my studying, I like to play games (mostly strategy). I also like going to hockey games and mostly follow the Swiss NLA.

Well, my IRL favorite team is called the Lions, so... sure. :D

Mathias Seger is a two-way defenseman with a strong passing game, who can initiate quick turn arounds.

8. Biggest pet peeve?
People who are late. (Yes, stereotypical, I know.)

The best trick the devil has ever pulled, is to make everyone believe, he didn't exist.

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

1. Do you have any previous SIM league experience? A ton

2. Who is your player what what is your position? Jakub Hasek Goalie

3. What are your thoughts on the SHL as a whole? Is it something that you see yourself sticking too? I've been sticking to it for way too long lol

4. What are your thoughts on discord? We have a lockerroom on the actual site but discord is a quick way of communicating with everyone, GMs and teammates. Use it regularly

5. Tell us some things that you enjoy doing, hobbies, activities etc. Well I obviously love ice hockey, I'm also really into drag which is uncommon in this audience but it's truly what I am interested in

6. Do you have any interest in joining a brand new franchise such at the Lions? why not?

7. Is there anything that you would like us to know about you or your player going into this upcoming draft? I plan to stay down for a maximum amount of time in SMJHL

8. Biggest pet peeve? People criss crossing their stories, bitch I will get the receipts trust and believe

9. What's your favorite movie quote? uh idk I'm not that big into movies

Need a sig :-/