Create Account

S45 Lethbridge Lions Interested Prospects Thread
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2018, 02:17 PM by Flames1848.)

1. Do you have any previous SIM league experience?

Yes, i am GM of the GEHL Calgary Flames (EHM1/15) and of the Skagerrak Admirals @Eiszeitmanager

2. Who is your player what what is your position?

Mike McKorsy, Goalie

3. What are your thoughts on the SHL as a whole? Is it something that you see yourself sticking too?

Yes i like it here, Sometimes its a little to much Spam (Discord). But i hope i a good locker room that will get better

4. What are your thoughts on discord? We have a lockerroom on the actual site but discord is a quick way of communicating with everyone, GMs and teammates.

I like Dirscord, use it form my GEHL Team too..

5. Tell us some things that you enjoy doing, hobbies, activities etc.

I like going to soccer, baseball, Football, basketball and Hockey games (germany), i am a volunteer fire fighter and like to drink some beer with my neighbiurs ;-)

6. Do you have any interest in joining a brand new franchise such at the Lions?

Yes, all Franchise will have the same chnace on me, but brand new is a good, interesting option

7. Is there anything that you would like us to know about you or your player going into this upcoming draft?

Yes, want to be the golaie that makes the difference

8. Biggest pet peeve?

People who arent honest

9. What's your favorite movie quote?

[Image: 71SiYafG6rL._SL1024_.jpg]

[Image: image.png][Image: image.png][Image: image.png][Image: image.png][Image: image.png]

1. Do you have any previous SIM league experience? Yep the best defenseman trophy was named after my first player.

2. Who is your player what what is your position? G- Casimir Stevens. So far 1st in sv% in the prospect tourney

3. What are your thoughts on the SHL as a whole? Is it something that you see yourself sticking too? Did it for 10 seasons before and left due to college studies. Have been graduated and working a few years and have the time again.

4. What are your thoughts on discord? We have a lockerroom on the actual site but discord is a quick way of communicating with everyone, GMs and teammates. I have one Daco #8730

5. Tell us some things that you enjoy doing, hobbies, activities etc. Hockey, working out, video games, movies

6. Do you have any interest in joining a brand new franchise such at the Lions? Sure, i could be the starter easier

7. Is there anything that you would like us to know about you or your player going into this upcoming draft? I'm looking to be the next McBride. My player just helped the prospect tourney team win 7 of their last 8 also.

8. Biggest pet peeve? Loud Chewers

9. What's your favorite movie quote? Probably something from Lord of the Rings

[Image: S3zuZxo.png]
[Image: 10cjae8.png]

Two players here, one VHL
Yuri Ushakov - G
3. What are your thoughts on the SHL as a whole? Is it something that you see yourself sticking too?
Hopefully this time
4. What are your thoughts on discord? We have a lockerroom on the actual site but discord is a quick way of communicating with everyone, GMs and teammates.
Pro discord
Video Games, Sports, Language learning
Yes
7. Is there anything that you would like us to know about you or your player going into this upcoming draft?
Pick me?
8. Biggest pet peeve?
The phrase "grinds my gears" annoys me for some reason
"Maybe, Maybe not, Maybe go fuck yourself"

[Image: Ushakov.png]

I have played in various STHS GM Leagues and I have over 1400 hours on EHM
I am Johnny Sins, Defensemen with a long stick 
Absolutely, I have been looking to join a league like this for a while.
I have been using it nonstop in the rookie dressing room
Playing hockey, video games, long romantic walks on the beach, the usual 
Absolutely
My guy is very versatile, just google him
8. Biggest pet peeve?
The Montreal Canadiens 
"A Bunch of homeless men has an orgy in our car... we call that a soup kitchen"

[Image: sins.png?width=500&height=334]

None
Kalvins Zvejnieks - Center
It's pretty awesome! Fills my need for hockey stats that's year round! I think I'll be here a long time
I have discord and use it!
Video games, DnD, walking my puppy
Hell yeah! It'd be awesome being part of an expansion team
Uh... My player leads the entire Prospects showcase in FO%? He's developing into a possession monster and defensive forward
8. Biggest pet peeve?
People who talk in the movie theater
"The suspense is terrible.. I hope It'll last" - Gene Wilder's Willy Wonka

[Image: N8JhTE5.png]

Liam Hutchinson, RW

It is something I see myself sticking to
I like it. Easy to use
Movies, sports, outdoors, music
Yes I do
If you choose my player I will be committed to improving, and to the team.
8. Biggest pet peeve?
People being late
Ron Burgundy: I'm in a glass case of emotion

[Image: Sig-1.png]

[Image: QhAQn2i.png][Image: yIvjn4j.png]

I don't, but eager to learn!

Kristoffer Matsson, a playmaking two-way Center.

I love it thus far! The community has been very welcoming and fantastic ever since I signed up. I'd be happy to stick around.

I enjoy it. I am using the S46 Draft Class discord, and I love it.

Outside of Hockey I quiet like gaming and music. Included in Hockey is me helping out the local ("real") SHL team with their Junior set-up.

I'm not closing doors for any teams currently.

I had the 6th highest FO% in the Prospect Showcase. I ended on 23 points in 32 games total, as my team came last in the division. I am active and eager to learn.

8. Biggest pet peeve?
I don't like queues.

"I fart in your general direction, your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries." - Monty Python, The Holy Grail.

[Image: K6ykz0o.png]
Theodor Larsson
TimberTimber
pridepride

I do not have any previous sim experience.

Michael Fox, RW, Playmaker

I think its a really interesting idea and concept and the fact that it has been around for as long as it has speaks volumes to the quality of it. It is definitely something I see myself being a part of for a long time.

I prefer to use discord as it is a program I use every day. My discord username is available upon request and I would love to talk to whomever is interested.

I am a big ned and love PC games such as Dota 2, CS:GO, and Rocket League. I also am a huge sports fan, and my favorite teams include the Carolina Hurricanes, Carolina Panthers, and New York Yankees.

I have an interest in any team that wants to have me, including the Lions. If the Lions want to have me, I want to help build the team to be a championship contender.

I am actively trying to earn as much money and TPE as possible to build my player to be the best it can be. I am not a greedy player, and neither is my playstyle, and I will do what it takes to help my team succeed.

8. Biggest pet peeve?
Pineapple on pizza, and people who think hot dogs are sandwiches.

"Life comes at you fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller's Day Off

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

1. Do you have any previous SIM league experience?Former GM and current GM in the EFL

2. Who is your player what what is your position? Aleksi O'Koivu-Volkova

3. What are your thoughts on the SHL as a whole? Is it something that you see yourself sticking too? Absolutely

4. What are your thoughts on discord? We have a lockerroom on the actual site but discord is a quick way of communicating with everyone, GMs and teammates: I'm all about discord over anything else.

5. Tell us some things that you enjoy doing, hobbies, activities etc. This is about it, aside from kids and work.

6. Do you have any interest in joining a brand new franchise such at the Lions? I have some interest, sure. What are your plans on winning?

7. Is there anything that you would like us to know about you or your player going into this upcoming draft? While I'm loyal to whomever drafts me at Juniors, my main focus is success at the SHL level as I want to chase various records.

8. Biggest pet peeve? Stupid people.

9. What's your favorite movie quote? Freeeeeeeedom.

[Image: Wally.png]

1. Do you have any previous SIM league experience? Just some FHL experience when I was younger also some other (geo)political game experience. But nothing like this.

2. Who is your player what what is your position? Eric Vanderberg - Defenseman

3. What are your thoughts on the SHL as a whole? Is it something that you see yourself sticking too? I am really enjoying myself here. Everyone has been kind and its definitely something I can see myself sticking with.

4. What are your thoughts on discord? We have a lockerroom on the actual site but discord is a quick way of communicating with everyone, GMs and teammates. I use it for my other games, its an essential tool for me so using it for this is no problem at all.

5. Tell us some things that you enjoy doing, hobbies, activities etc. I'm a history buff, specializing in Military History. I like hockey of course, traveling, reading, games and music.

6. Do you have any interest in joining a brand new franchise such at the Lions? I do, I actually have two friends from Lethbridge, one of whom serves in the Canadian Forces. So It would be a great connection for my player.

7. Is there anything that you would like us to know about you or your player going into this upcoming draft? Somehow I led the Breakers in PIM in the recent prospect showcase. That was kinda unexpected.

8. Biggest pet peeve? People who are mean for no reason other than they wanna act tough. I don't know why, but it just burns me up to see people being dicks for no other reason than they just wanna be a dick that day.

9. What's your favorite movie quote? "All my life I've wanted to lead a lot of men in a desperate battle. Now I'm going to do it." - General George S. Patton Jr., Patton (1970)

Yeah I am old enough I was around when this was a team previously. S3 in and around that time.

Aleksi Leskinen C

Spent about 4 years of my life around these parts with a few different players....Life is a thing but I do plan on being around

Yeah sure why not!
Heavily into baseball but work and my wife take up most of my time along with our new puppy.
Yeah sure
Not really ask me if you want to I guess?
8. Biggest pet peeve?
Easily offended people
Say hello to my little friend

Do you have any previous SIM league experience?
No, I do not this is my very first time.
David Vent= Two way Defensemen

This is a very cool place to be and everything is so well done. I see my self staying here and really enjoying myself

I use discord every day. Its a very reliable and easy app to use.

I enjoy listening to music a lot. I listen to rock and punk rock mostly. I also enjoy watching college football a lot. I also play a lot of video games when I have free time.

I would love to join a brand new franchise. Being able to start traditions and set a standard for a new team is very exciting.

I am brand new so I will be asking a lot of questions throughout my first season and will ask for help when building.

8. Biggest pet peeve?
Slow talkers

Even if I wanted to go, my schedule wouldn't allow it! 4 o'clock: wallow in self pity. 4:30: stare into the abyss. 5 o'clock: solve world hunger (tell no one). 5:30: jazzercise. 6:30: dinner with me, I can't cancel that again! 7 o'clock: wrestle with my self loathing. I'm booked! Course if I bump the loathing to 9 I can still be done in time to lay in bed, stare at the ceiling and slip slowly into madness. But what would I wear!-How the Grinch Stole Christmas

[Image: ImShiny.gif]

None in hockey

Perry Morgan, defence

For sure, the community seems very friendly and i'm already having fun with the site and various discord servers

I'm always very active on discord

Mainly play video games, recently Let's Go! and Smash, but also Overwatch quite a lot. I also play the bass guitar

For sure, would definitely help to add to the experience. Would also look good on the players there if the team does well

Will probably complain about not having certain snacks and drinks from home

8. Biggest pet peeve?

Work Mates who don't pull their weight

"Any luck catching those swans?"

[Image: owenm43.gif]
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]

I dabble.

KarlstraBe Scholz, Offensive Defenseman.

Coming up on four years now. This is my first kick at a recreate and I see myself following through.

I use it regularly. Installed it on my phone too so you can contract me pretty much anytime. I'm especially active when work is slow haha.

Once a huge gamer I tend to lean more towards sports now. Hockey, skiing and golf being the main ones. I still play my fair share of video games though. Lately it's been HOTS with the blizzard boys or For the King with the little bro.

Last time around I was the first pick for the Portland Admirals expansion and I had a great time. Was even captain briefly before being traded (wasn't my fault).

As a recreate and current SHL GM I think I have a lot to offer the new users as they begin their SHL careers.

8. Biggest pet peeve?
Quite a few, but I'll try to make in SHL related. Probably the "I'm too busy" excuse on retirement. If it's not for you just say it. You make time for the things you enjoy, it's called life.

Wow just one eh? Lately I find myself quoting Elf a lot. "Goodbye buddy, hope you find your dad" [whale voice].

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

Nope, and ready to learn!

2. Who is your player and what is your position?

Jøln DuBølk, Defenseman

Really like the idea and I hope it sticks!

I do have a discord: MCP#1914

-I play clarinet
-Love watching hockey (go Stars!)

Yes!

I believe my player could be a solid defensive defenseman that plays a good supporting role. Of course, he might completely suck and I might not realize it, but let's take it one step at a time, eh?

8. Biggest pet peeve?

Nothing, really. Just as long as no one acts toxic towards me or others, I'll be a happy camper :D

"PUT THAT COOKIE DOWN!"

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]