Create Account

S45 PT #2 - The Sit Down
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2019, 12:05 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

[Image: zCryHSA.jpg]

THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND DOWNS. IT IS NOT FOR SMJHL ROOKIES.

Task: A big media moment is about to take place as you are sitting down with George Stroumboulopoulos for a 1 on 1 on your career.  The lights are bright, the camera is on and the interview begins! ... In 150 words or more please repond to George's opening question below.

George: Welcome to the show, and lets begin with this.. who was that first player when you joined the league that caught your eye?  the one you wanted to emulate your game after, the person who's success you coveted on or off the ice, the one you first admired, and why?.. let us know alittle about that."    -> *Tag that Person

Design: Create an autgraphed hockey card of the player you first admired, emulated or who's success you coveted. That hockey card should include:

- Players name.
- Render.
- The season that they caught your eye
- The team they played for at the time.
- Their autographed signiture on the card.

You will receive 3 capped TPE for fulfilling all requirements.
This PT will close Sunday January 13 at 10 PM EST.

Welfare claims are accepted! *if you’re claiming welfare and have a different username on the affiliates site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*

Any questions/concerns, please PM me.
Note: Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

George: Welcome to the show, and lets begin with this.. who was that first player when you joined the league that caught your eye?  the one you wanted to emulate your game after, the person who's success you coveted on or off the ice, and or the one you first admired, and why?.. let us know alittle about that."

Maxime: Well it's funny, I had kind of been paying attention to the league from the outside before I was even a member you know? Before I could ever even dream of being a member of one of the teams and I was just playing little league. But I suppose every kid is in the same boat. Anyway, I had a pretty good grasp on a lot of the players before joining, but the one guy I held in rank above everyone? Man that's a tough pick, but I have to go with @"cpetrella". I've spoken previously to media about how I try to emulate my game after him. He is what makes being a right winger cool to me, and the main reason I forced myself to train so hard in this position. I really hope I can get to the level that he is at, but it's gonna take a while man. He's got moves I couldn't even pull off in my dreams. And to top it all off he's a super nice guy too. There's a lot of guys in this league that will go out of their way to do special things for their community so I don't wanna take away from that but whenever I hear about it it's always Teddy Cuddles.

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

This is an easy one for me because when I joined, night in night out, it was the Kristian Eriksson show. He is absolutely the player that I began my career wanting to emulate. I wanted to change it up a tad and make the build my own ultimately but the success the guy was having on a consistent basis made him the easy choice, as a swedish winger, to want to emulate. He was essentially the whole package. He brought it hard and fast in the offensive zone as well as being defensively responsible all while amassing a staggering amount of TPE. Another thing that drew me to him was the consistency with which he produced game by game and season by season. He never really seemed to have a dip in form. While he didn't absolutely blow the league out of the water like a McZehrl from a points perspective, I grew to respect just how hard it is to consistently produce when I started my player and only put up 20 points in my first season despite working my ass off. @raymond3000

[Image: zQ54LhF.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2019, 12:22 PM by Ragnar.)

George: Welcome to the show, and lets begin with this.. who was that first player when you joined the league that caught your eye? the one you wanted to emulate your game after, the person who's success you coveted on or off the ice, the one you first admired, and why?.. let us know alittle about that."

Willie: First off, mister Stombopopulous, I’d like to thank you for having me on the show. I’ve always enjoyed your talk show and your weird leathery face. Definitely the player I looked up to and wanted to emulate when I was growing up was Dave Smith of the Los Angeles Panthers. He’s an absolute legend and was huge for the Panthers. He was a difference maker every night, and it shows because his number is retired and it’s the only defenseman number that’s been retired by the Panthers. They actually only have two numbers total retired, and he’s one of them. The other is some plug who shouldn’t have even been retired in the first place, but that’s neither here nor there. Dave Smith was the model defenseman in every way. In his stats, the little things he did, and even in his off ice professionalism, he was truly a person to look up to, not just a player. @BigTittySmitty

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

George: Welcome to the show, and lets begin with this.. who was that first player when you joined the league that caught your eye? the one you wanted to emulate your game after, the person who's success you coveted on or off the ice, the one you first admired, and why?.. let us know alittle about that."

Easy George, as you and all of the audience witnessed last season in the Challenge Cup Finals between the Jets and West Kendall Platoon, I got to face off of against the guy who I have emulated my game after. And that player is Alex Light. Alex Light was considering one of the most elite pure snipers in the game and I wanted to emulate my game after his game. And as of recent he's had team success playing that style after years of coming up short in the regular season and in the off-season, he's finally been able to translate that elite style of play into a couple of cups to the West Kendall franchise. Playing against him either in a regular season game, IIHF when I'm playing Team Sweden and he's playing for Team Austria, or like as of recent playing against the West Kendall Platoon in the Challenge Cup playoffs that past two seasons. It's like I'm staring into the mirror to a grizzled version of myself. @Zoone16

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43

When I first joined, I admired Robert Phelps and looked up to him both on and off the ice. He was the major reason why I joined the league, and I wanted to be just like him. Have all this money, be insanely good with unmatched TPE, and also be a leader off the ice, one of the most important players on the site. I knew I could not be Robert Phelps, there was no way possible, but I wanted to try my best to be what he is while also being Kristaps Ball, and being the best Kristaps Ball I can be. I knew I couldn't emulate his style of play, nor did I want to. I wanted to be a different style of player and be a Kristaps Ball style, not a Robert Phelps style. However I looked up to him because of how he was on the ice and a huge leader not only on his team but in the whole league, and I wanted to emulate his success.

@DrunkenTeddy

[Image: 55708_s.gif]

First Ever SHL Goal:
Code:
5. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Piotr Czerkawski 1, Cameron Dubois 2) at 16:27

First Ever Hat Trick:
Code:
S45 Game 46 NEW vs TOR
6. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Artemi Berezin 3, Tigole Bitties 5) at 5:21
9. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 2 (Artemi Berezin 4) at 18:58
10. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 3 (Tigole Bitties 7, Manuel Gotze 2) at 19:38 (Empty Net)

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

George: Welcome to the show, and lets begin with this.. who was that first player when you joined the league that caught your eye?  the one you wanted to emulate your game after, the person who's success you coveted on or off the ice, the one you first admired, and why?.. let us know a little about that."

Slip McScruff: Well, uh... George, that's an interesting, uh... question.  See, I joined this league not too long ago as it is, so this memory is still very fresh, and I don't really have an on ice answer.  As it turns out, when you play a purely shut down defensive game, you don't get the spotlight.  So when I came in as a rookie to the J last season, there were no obvious role models for me in the headlines.  

However, off ice is an entirely different story.  The Scarecrow Captains were all very helpful, but I found myself fall in line behind Nicholas Williams (@Nictox) as my rookie season shook out.  As it turns out, our careers are charting the same course through this league.  Both on the Crows, both Crow Captains, both heavily involved with the USA WJC team (seems they both have connections to the GMs), now I find myself as a Jets prospect, where Nicholas just started his rookie season in the big show.  For this, I consider myself very lucky because he's such an obvious role model that I don't need to even uh... think about what I should be doing off ice, giving me more time to uh... think about the not so obvious on ice stuff.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

When I first joined the league, I looked up to fellow Montreal Militia defenseman Charlie Schieck @Grapehead, a guy who was taken in the same SMJHL draft (and somehow ended up in the SHL 2 seasons after Harvey Danger) because he had a swagger to him that was hard to emulate. An offensive guy, Harvey made sure to soak up all he could from Charlie in his two seasons as his defensive partner.

In the SHL, Harvey looked up to 2 older defensemen. One, big Bob Bergen from the United Kingdom national team, and two, Daniel Karlsson, his defense partner for his first two seasons with Texas, who although picked in the previous draft, has a lot of confidence and carries himself like he's been in the league 10 years. An offensive defenseman as well, he played tight in the defensive zone and is a big voice in the locker room, which Harvey hopes to be one day.

The one player that I looked to emulate my game after was Lord Pretty Flacko. Growing up, I knew that I had a knack for shooting the puck. I worked on it every day trying to perfect it. That was my bread and butter and it's what got me to the big leagues. Going into the SMJHL draft, I looked around the SHL to see who I could watch and try to model my game around. It was not hard to notice Flacko.

Lord Pretty Flacko was what a sniper should of been. He was always among the league leaders in goals and was a nightmare for goalies. That was the player that I wanted to be. I wanted to be a threat every time I stepped on the ice. However, this far into my career it hasn't quite gone as expected. I'm not scoring as much as I wanted, but I have improved our facets of my game in order to make an impact. My hope is to still score like Flacko, just need to keep working. @Baelor Swift

(178 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

George as soon as I joined I was enchanted by @ToeDragon84 Jason Visser. He is the leader of the Winnipeg Jets and one of the best players in the league. He has been consistently awesome for year and he has won a few challenge cups! Mostly I look up to him for his dashing good looks and his charm with the ladies. I have heard rumors if this guys epic nights out on the town and am just amazed that he can party so hard, smoke so much weed, bang so many strippers and still go out and put up 2 goals the next night and lead his team to victory. I am here to have fun so I hope I can learn to be the life of the party like this guy while still being one of the biggest beauties in the game. Visser is in a league of his own as far as I am concerned and I am just trying to be the first to join him at the top of the pyramid.

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

George: Welcome to the show, and lets begin with this.. who was that first player when you joined the league that caught your eye? the one you wanted to emulate your game after, the person who's success you coveted on or off the ice, the one you first admired, and why?.. let us know a little about that." -> *Tag that Person

Darrow: When I first came to North America, Karl Von Wittlelsbach was one of the first players I looked up to, due to our past competing against each other in the German leagues. Unfortunately, his game never took off here, so he returned to to the DEL. However, after spending some time going through Team Germany’s preseason camp, Finn Kruger (@adamantium) stands out as a player who impressed me and I’d like to emulate. He’s been a dominant two-way defender for Toronto and West Kendall, as well as a force on our national team. I also learned recently he played his junior hockey for Colorado and was captain in S36, which is another interesting connection we share. I think what resonates most for me is that Finn is a strong skater and pass-first player, similar to me. As his career’s gone along, he’s added more to his physical game, despite it not being an area of strength early in his career. He’s also been a part of multiple successful teams, whether it be a gold medal with Team Germany or the S41 Challenge Cup with West Kendall. I hope I’m able to have similar opportunities to have team success, and maybe play together for Team Germany in the coming seasons.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

When I first got into the SHL there were a lot of star studded forwards who were looking to make it big on the biggest stage in hockey. In my mind, one of the guys that I really tried to adopt the way he played was Joe Kurczewski. I mean, that guy was on the rise and became one of the more dominant players in the league. Now that I'm playing up with the big boys, and have been for several seasons, it's just nice to know that whatever his influence on me was turned out to work. It was also awesome getting to play with Joe for a season on the Calgary Dragons and that we happened to win the Challenge Cup there. I mean, who can complain about raising the cup with one of your hockey heroes. Anyway, I really can't say enough about him as a person or player, just that he's been tearing it up and will continue to do so for a good number of seasons. @JKortesi81

RenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsa
[Image: GkHz3HI.png]

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]

Welcome to the show, and lets begin with this.. who was that first player when you joined the league that caught your eye?  the one you wanted to emulate your game after, the person who's success you coveted on or off the ice, the one you first admired, and why?.. let us know alittle about that."    -> *Tag that Person

Joseph - "Well, I was an unheralded prospect coming out of a small town in New Jersey, so I wasn't expecting to be drafted as high as I was. So to me, I knew one player that I looked up to. He was the last pick of the SMJHL Draft his rookie year. That man was Ronnie Westbrook. @Gooney Ronnie was very overlooked as a prospect, but St. Louis took him in, nurtured him, and helped mold him into a bonafide superstar prospect. Looking at his success story made me feel confident in the St. Louis organization. Also, Ronnie is just a stand up guy. I met him on draft day, and he was so nice. He congratulated me on being drafted and told me about how awesome the Crows were. There's a reason why Ronnie was known as the nicest guy in the league before his retirement. He was nice to everyone, and I have never geard anyone say anything bad about him. I've also been lucky enough to play with him. I transferred to Ireland, where Ronnie played as well. We won a whole lot of medals together while playing for Ireland, and when he retired, I was very sad. Ronnie was a great mentor and friend, and he'll be missed throughout the league.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Can I say that nobody caught my eye?

No?

Alright, well. It might be cheating somewhat, but I think the one person that really comes to mind is Jon Ross. We used to be partners on the blueline and I'm sure that connection helps, but even more than that, he was a very helpful figure when I first came into the league. I wasn't a natural defencemen at first: I started as a winger and switched more out of necessity than desire. Since then, I've learned to love the role, but it was his presence on the ice, in practice and in the video room that really helped me tune my game. Now, I'm obviously not the star I wanted to be. Nobody is going to be arguing for Karsten Kadinger to be placed in the Hall of Fame. But I've won some cups and log good minutes for the team, so I have to think all that help meant something.

It's just too bad he can be a little annoying. He likes strange video games and lives in an odd part of the country in his summers. @JR95

[Image: wopo0De.png]
Signature Credit: Wasty

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2019, 11:00 PM by Nictox.)

Wow, making me think back a couple of seasons. I'd have to say when I first join the league and got acquainted with my new team, one person stood out. My GM and soon to be mentor, @JKortesi81. Joe was doing everything he could with the Dragons, leading them on and off the ice while also managing a SMJHL team. Quite the man he is. While we are both two-way forwards, he has always succeeded in playing a more physical style of game, being one of the leading hitters in the league. One thing I try to emulate is his goal scoring ability. The man is a machine and a legend in the making. I hope to one day be the major part of my team and lead the way he did. I want to say thanks for everything you taught me and I hope to become as great as you.

[153]

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26