Create Account

S45 PT #5 - SHL Global

PBE PT

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

For this new kind of international tournament, a large marketing survey was made and the greatest result show that what the people want is the first team in each conference, fighting before the playoff in a lone match in Tokyo, Japan. The SHL has numerous fans in the land of the samurai and the Edmonton Blizzard and the West Kendall Platoon would make an excellent match in order to increase the awareness of our league in their country. If everything is going like planned, we estimate that the increased streaming revenues from the Japanese audience could help increase the salarial cap of every team by at least another 3 to 5 million annually.
The pre-show would start with players dressed as samurai dueling on the ice. One of them would break his sword and picking a hockey stick in order to survive an incoming attack. In the end, he would beat all the other samurai with his stick and his slapshot skills. After a traditional reverence, the real players would enter. That will be awesome.

Prague, Czechoslovakia - We are happy to announce that the West Kendall Platoon will face off against the Winnipeg Jets in a rematch of the SHL Championship playoffs from last year.  

The destination is a hot spot for hockey,  with many superstars coming from the Czechoslovakia region. It only makes sense to visit this historic hockey town and put the games best on display.  

We have decided to have West Kendall represent the east conference because, frankly, they are a great team. We have selected Winnipeg because, Frankly, I'm on Winnipeg and would love to play for them in front of my countrymen.

Let's not stop there, however,  I think all the playoff teams from last year should be on display.  This way we can show even more talent and show where these young Czechs might end up. The market is barely touched yet there are some great caliber players that are just waiting for the chance to play!

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

PBE PT

Trying to expand the league's image around the world is such a difficult question. There are so many things you want to consider. You want to find a place that will have a large possible fan base, where they will have access to hockey, so that they can get into the game more, and keep interested in the league, and finally, you want a place that probably is not super well-versed in hockey so that the impact is bigger. I do not know many places that fulfill all of these requirements, but I would go with somewhere in east Asia, such as China or the Philippines. Now, the teams I would choose, would be the two best teams in the league. Why bring lesser teams to showcase your league? You want to bring the best of the best. So, outside of an Eastern vs Western all stars game (which would be an incredible showcase), I would bring the West Kendall Platoon and Edmonton Blizzard across the pond for this home and home series.

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-01-2019, 03:16 PM by Flowseidon.)

With the NHL trying to tap into untapped markets in China, it holds water that if the SHL wants to expand successfully, they have to look abroad to more populous areas which might not be traditional hockey markets. My proposal would be to have an exhibition game in Mumbai. Not only is it a new, and almost completely untapped market, it is a city of 18 million people. The odds are phenomenal to try and fill an arena!

In terms of teams to play there, we would likely want to go with team on the West Coast where we can tap into closer flights for the teams and fans themselves. I think bringing a heated rivalry matchup between LA Panther and the San Francisco Pride would do great in fostering the love for the great sport we play.

LA is chosen because it is one of the most notable American cities, and will certainly be well known. It also has the Hollywood/Bollywood connection.
I won’t lie with San Francisco though. I want the Pride to be playing so I get a free trip to a country that I’ve wanted to visit for a long time.

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

Calgary Dragons vs Edmonton Blizzard in Helsinki, Finland!

That would be a hell of a event, get to see hometown hero Esa Anrikkanen one more time with your own eyes and also, getting to watch team like Edmonton Blizzard who has been on fire lately is a big thing not just for everybody who happen to watch the game, but also for hockey in Finland overall. Main selling point of the event is Anrikkanen, legendary player like him will bring a lot of people into the arena that day, not just from Helsinki, but from all over Finland. He has been followed tightly for over 20 seasons in Finnish sports media, everybody loves him and consider him to be a national treasure.

High level hockey game between two good teams comes second that day, but it´s going to be a exciting game where a lot of talent is on the ice at the same time. Opportunity to watch something like that is once in a lifetime event and will inspire a lot of young people to follow SHL, maybe even push them towards playing hockey and try to follow the same road as Esa, from Finland to stars!

extremely high quality welfare post here

Jack Tanner (D) - [Player Page] [Player Updates]

[Image: mH3z832.png]

[Image: Beaver.gif]
One sig is tweed's and the other was a karlssens/Copenhagen collab

AC | Bank | Claims

What two teams better to represent on the global scale than two of the most stored franchises in SHL history? In an unprecedented match and one for the ages, the Texas Renegades will face the Winnipeg Jets at the north pole. Yes, you have read that correctly. The SHL has come to an agreement where the two legendary teams will play in solidarity at the tip of the world. An anonymous tip from within the league's front office stated "it's about time we enlighten the world on the wonders and talent that lie within the SHL." The frozen matchup will be broadcasted live on national networks across North America and also affiliates around the world. The most unique part of the event, however, does not stem from the desolate location of the match. Each team will arrive to the designated arena by dog sled, with no other forms of transport allowed.

Code:
Words: 151

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

[Image: PYiJskH.jpg]

Task: The SHL/SMJHL are looking to promote the league internationally. As a way to do this you are tasked to choose a location outside of North America where two teams will play a home and home weekend series! You have also been given the responsibility of choosing what 2 teams will play each other on the international stage! In 150 words or more talk to us about the destination you choose and what 2 teams did you decide on to represent the league.

No brainer to play in Ireland of course, considering they are the current dominant IIHF team at this point in the league. I say we should mix things up and have a SHL team play an IIHF team. Why? Because it's different. I choose the team to be none other than the Stampede . I figure because we are the most hated team in the SHL that our biggest advantage to obtaining an international fanbase would be to pitch to people who have never heard of us because we are so bad and t o x i c.

We would not play in Dublin, realistically we're playing either in the Belfast region or even Donegal. That is where you would get the crowds, good luck getting a crowd in built up Dublin that's dominated by the GAA. If you want to amass an international fanbase to the SHL, you must make it appeal to them and leave behind your offensive stereotypes. Please lord do not make comments revolving around the luck of the irish, a genocide that threatened and wiped out a third of our population... is not lucky.

New England Wolfpack vs Calgary Dragons

Two of the most successful franchises in the last 20 seasons and personally i don't think there are two other organizations I wouldn't send instead of these two to Europe, in Stockholm. I chose Sweden, because they are a hockey-crazed country and really we don't have a lot of Swedish members on the site and I always though there would be more swedes or even finnish members here in the SHL. Heck, people might even get confused that its their own hockey league and might actually show up to games. That's another reason why, both leagues got the same acronym and I think it would be cool and trolly to see those teams in there. Wolfpack and Dragons represent the SHL as two of the most successful franchises in recent history and I think it would be a good matchup for them. They have played a lot against each other in the finals or even alternated years winning the cup.

[Image: ZDTVaQ5.png]

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France

While so many people have been discussing the idea of growing the game either within China or Europe as a whole, I believe that a more unique area of expansion would be to the chilly tundra of Australia. You'd be hard pressed to find a country with a more renowned history of having rowdy, passionate fans, and I believe that a full court press of marketing and branding within the country could help grow the game initially as a novelty or niche sport . While many people might not know it, Australia is actually home to a professional league already in the form of the Australian Ice Hockey League (AIHL), laying the ground work for strong development of the sport even in a very nontraditional market. While it may make sense to send two powerhouse teams, I believe it may be more beneficial to send a pair of teams with a long engrained regional rivalry which would resonate with a country with a strongly embedded sense of inter-country rivalry between different cities. As such, I believe the Edmonton Blizzard and Calgary Dragons would be strong candidates to put on a good show on the ice, while also providing ample material for the marketing department to truly sell the locals on the rivalry and the innate passion that stems from the game.

[Image: Partridge.png]

San Francisco

[Image: PRedauw.png]