Create Account

Gordie goes international
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2019, 08:38 AM by gordieboom.)

[word count: 257]

At the time Gordie Boomhover signed up for the SHL his paper document listed birthplace: the Netherlands. He knew that the Netherlands were not part of the IIHF family and thought that he would not play on an international level for a long time. But after reading the IIHF rules he became aware that he could make an unassigned transfer to a nation and therefore be eligible to play for that country in the international competitions. While glancing at the list of nations one name stood out and there was no doubt that Gordie would want to play for it. That country being Germany. Why on earth would a player from the Netherlands join Germany? Well glad you asked, this is why:

1. Before moving to St. Louis Gordie lived 10 minutes near the borders of Germany.
2. As a child Gordie has often visited Germany, places like the Zoo in Nordhorn/Osnabruck, Winterberg (langlaufen) and the Movie World in Koln.
3. Playing in Germany is a next step in their career for many hockey players in the Netherlands.
4. The best dutch team 'Tilburg Trappers' is playing in the Oberliga, Germany.
5. German sports teams are known for their mentality and discipline, a style that suits Gordie.

So i contacted @hhh81 to ask if there was room for Gordie. The answer was 'We'd love to have you join Team Germany!', so we accepted the transfer without hesitation.

I'm eager to know all new teammates and hope Gordie can help bringing some successes.

Ich freue mich darauf!

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies

Movie World is in Bottrop :-)

Kees reacts to Gordie playing for Germany (It's in Dutch sorry)

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

01-31-2019, 09:44 AMKatth Wrote: Movie World is in Bottrop :-)

Ah that's right, i probably mixed it up with Phantasialand, where i have been aswell.

Yeah i remember that clip, hilarious Smile

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies

01-31-2019, 09:50 AMgordieboom Wrote:
01-31-2019, 09:44 AMKatth Wrote: Movie World is in Bottrop :-)

Ah that's right, i probably mixed it up with Phantasialand, where i have been aswell.

Yeah i remember that clip, hilarious Smile

I also did visit the PhantasiaLand! with my daughter and my big brother. I believe it was in 2014 or 2015 Wink

for me its a long way to come to the near of Cologne! because I was born and still living in the region of Leipzig.

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

Happy to have you!

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2019, 11:23 PM by Wawazat.)

Should have been Finland...
Gordie Boomhover a brilliant hockey player But, unfortunately has two small flaws a horrible sense of direction. And he's color blind
Gordie was given the following map and still got it wrong.

[Image: Germany_Finland_Locator.png]

Wish you the 2nd best results.
Finland

[Image: Untitled-5.jpg][Image: 189-1895167_american-flag-superman-logo.png]

UPDATE PAGE

Quote:S56 WJC AWARDS
“Our third award is one that is dear to my heart as a SHL goaltender… The Peter Larson Award for the Top Goalie! This is voted by the GMs and considers both the round robin and medal rounds. The S56 Winner of the Peter Larson Award is….…
C.K. Supernaw! “

Battleborn Usa