Create Account

S45 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2019, 12:17 AM by iamslm22.)

Casual Member Special PM sent

welfare http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/i...entry59146

TASK ONE
We are missing a few things here in New England, but we’re on the right track. We need to continue to have our young star forwards develop, we need our defense to get a shot in the arm of activity and continue to turn into the elite blue liners they can become, and we need Leitner to continue to improve to go full #leitsout. It’s really just a waiting game at this point. We are uniquely positioned with the new divisions that we should be able to contend for a perennial playoff spot moving forward until this new core reaches an age that it’s time for the next wave.
It’s hard to say that one specific player would accomplish what we need, because it’s more than that. We have the pieces, we just need them to become stronger and bigger and for the mortar between the blocks to solidify. The foundation is there.

TASK THREE
1. I’ve got to say that I think Augustus will be more valuable because he’s a S36er like Tigole Bitties and Joe Kurczewski is old and smelly. Augustus is also super handsome and a teammate of Tigole’s from his time with the St. Louis Scarecrows. It’s a no brainer, Augustus all the way.
2. Connor Tanner – Brady McIntyre – Teddy Cuddles – Roman Augustus – Nikolaus Scholz. It’s just because I like these guys and have played with them all. They’re where they are at now simply because of the #BittiesEffect. When Bitties plays with folks, they all go on to do great things while Bitties languishes in the depths of being average. It’s destiny. If you want to be successful, come play with Tigole Bitties and then leave. It’s science at this point.
3. I’ve got to say, I’m impressed with Edmonton’s ability to scoop up Ensio Kalju for little to nothing in trade and he’s been able to really position himself to make a huge presence on this roster. I think this could really be his coming out party as he makes a name for himself on the deep Edmonton roster.
4. Probably JR95 and Wongy because of JR’s experience as a simmer in the SMJHL, and the fact that Karl doesn’t have me to do everything for him anymore (not that I accomplished much when I was with him, good work Keygan by doing what I couldn’t) (except your roster now is stronger than what I had so meh). Other than that, it’s just a flip of a coin. STHS doesn’t give a shit about your experience or strategies.
5. Edmonton doesn’t really have any glaring holes. It’s kind of alarming. They ride their two top lines at 45% each, so you can’t plan to line match. Their third line, which is no slouch, only gets 15% TOI. If you’re going to attack, you have to find a way to get Tommy Tuck to doubt his game. He’s incredibly streaky, this season’s performance not included.

TASK 4: PM SENT

TASK 6:
Tigole Bitties accomplished one of the primary goals that I set out for him when I created him already, to be a top end historical earner in the SHL. He’s broken 2000 TPE and is already in the top ten earners of all time, but I wanted more for him. In addition to being a complete TPE whore, I was hoping for some semblance of individual and team success for this player. He’s been a good player production wise, nearly averaging a point per game in his career, but he’s been historically the bridesmaid and never the bride regarding Challenge Cups and individual trophies. His fellow draftees trail him in TPE, but easily eclipse him in individual accolades. With the rise of the New England Wolfpack coming on the horizon, perhaps that will change as some of the old guard regress a little bit harder than the impending doom that waits for the Greenlander.

Task 10
Tigole Bitties is going to the doctor for offseason knee surgery. He is reaching that age where father time starts to become as much of an adversary as the team on the opposite side of the ice. He’s going to hope that after the procedure he can feel like his old self, if not better, but it’s unlikely. Bitties is also planning on taking some yoga classes and to look into spiritual meditation. Despite his focus on his discipline, Bitties saw a spike in his penalty minutes in S45 and led the league in fights won. With how valuable he is to his team, we can’t afford to have him in the box so much. Goosefraba, Tigole. Goosefraba. Chill out man!
Bitties is going to potentially shift his focus into more of a passing player too. With so many physical forwards with a knack at scoring, perhaps it’s time Bitties looks into distributing a puck directly onto his teammates sticks rather than passing to them via the pads of the goalie.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2019, 02:01 PM by HoltzFan10.)

Task 3: (Written, up to 5 TPE)
Pick up to 5 topics below to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be 50 words or more:

1. Both teams brought in star centers to help them win a challenge cup in S45. Edmonton traded for Joe Kurczewski while WKP added Roman Augustus. Which player will be more valuable for their team in this upcoming series and why?
Well, I would say that Joe Kurczewski will be more valuable for Edmonton, as he had a 1.18 points per game average or 59 points in 50 games. As for Roman Augustus, in the 35 games he played for Wesk Kendall Platoon, he had 41 points, or a 1.1714 points per game average. Even though the difference is very slight, there still is a difference.

2. Between both rosters, create an all Challenge Cup starting lineup! (D, D, F, F, F, G) and in 50 words or more explain alittle about your selections.

Dani Forsberg - led both Edmonton and West Kendall in points in the regular season, a clear all star.

Joe Kurczewski - led Edmonton in points, also a clear all star and is definitely needed on the team.

Hercules Rockefeller - led the league in plus/minus, the best stat in hockey history as we all know.

Tor Tuck - every team needs a good Tor in the lineup, he also led the league in PIM, he’s essential.

Brady McIntyre - the defensive pairing teammate for Tor so he could destroy everyone without worrying about the other team scoring.

Tommy Tuck - The definite Goalie of the year this year, with a .931 SV% and 2.00 GAA, you couldn’t want anything more!

3. 12 young players (S40 or higher) are competing in this championship series! Which young talent has a chance to capture the spotlight on the leagues grandest stage and why?
I feel that Florence Clijsters has the chance to show how much he’s really worth This playoffs. In the regular season he had a fair 30 points in 50 games, with a .6 ppg average. If he steps up in the playoffs and in the next season, he can show his team how much of a key part of the team he is, and help lead them to victory.

5. Scout for 1 of the teams in the finals and give them a report on the what area's on there roster can be exploited in the upcoming series.
The Edmonton Blizzard are, arguably, the best team in the league. But they still do have a weakness; their backup goalie. Award-winning goalie (or at least he should have one if he doesn’t already) Tommy Tuck is an amazing starter, but their backup goalie is a bucket of pennies with Swiss cheese holes compared to him. If West Kendall can manage to tire Tuck out and get him pulled from starting, Edmonton will have a hard time winning.

(4 total)
——
Task 4:
(*CASUAL MEMBER SPECIAL* Send answer in PM, up to 3 TPE) done!

——
Task 5: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
During the finals there will be a television segmant talking about the leagues locker room environments. Submit a graphic visually highlighting three key appealing features of your locker room. Must include team logo, team name, and text captions for the features you have chosen.

[Image: 13E46DEF-D737-4849-802A-164557047A58.jpeg]
——
Task 6: (Written, 3 TPE)
Every player has a bucket list of things they want to accomplish before they retire. In 150 words or more write about the things you have completed on your bucket list and some of the things not yet accomplished.

Benjamin Blue’s Bucket List:

SMJHL:

Set a franchise/league record(s): Done! Well, I did set franchise records, but they weren’t necessarily good ones, the records I set is for a) worst record in a single season (points and losses wise), and b) worst overall combined record in all the years in the SMJHL for a single player.

Get an Award: Done! Even though I set certain kind of league records, I still did manage to win 2 Goalie of the Year awards in my tenure.

Score a goal: I wish I did!

Score ten assists: I’m pretty sure I only got 9!

Win the cup: Sadly, was never able to go all the way.

SHL:

Set a record before I retire: Nope, I’m only in my rookie year and I hope I don’t retire any time soon.

Score a single goal: I’ll be training hard for this one!

Win the cup: It’s a dream!

Win some kind of award: I don’t expect much out of myself.
——
Task 10: (Written, 3 TPE)
Your player is out of the playoffs! Whether this is because the team didn't make it, or you have been eliminated, or you won the cup, in 150 words or more write about what your plans are for the offseason!

Well, my plans for the off-season is to grind hard and keep getting that sweet tpe, to help my player grow on the ice, and to help better my team as the San Jose Barracuda rebuild through prospects. As for Benjamin Blue’s plans, that is something completely different, he has a mind of his own. Blue is probably going to spend the summer practicing, sleeping, going out to bars, etc., and he will definitely go to as many fan meetups as he can, secretly, and to sign some merch as well as give away some. I think he will also look into moving out of his apartment that he had to buy on a short notice during the relocation of the franchise, so he’s looking to settle in to a condo or share a house with a few other of his teammates, and of course, relax the entirety of the summer away!
——

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

TASK 1
Well the Edmonton Blizzard were able to actually reach the Challenge Cup Finals in season 45 so one could argue that there is not a lot of work needed for this team to be a contender going forward. However, there are some thing to consider before coming to that conclusion. First, they have not won the cup yet so they may still need some work to improve. Second, all of the other teams are going to do their best to improve this off season so it is important that the Edmonton Blizzard do too. Personally, I know the Blizzard are going to lose one of their top forwards to expansion this season and those positions are critical to putting points on the board. Thus, to have success going into next season the Edmonton Blizzard are going to need to entice a greet agent that wants to be on a top team in the league and score a lot of goals while going for a cup. Ideally, this player is going to be one that has a maximum ability in scoring, puck handling, and skating because the Blizzard are going to need the type of player that has a killer instinct and can put the puck in the net.

TASK 3
1. Both teams brought in star centers to help them win a challenge cup in S45. Edmonton traded for Joe Kurczewski while WKP added Roman Augustus. Which player will be more valuable for their team in this upcoming series and why?
Wow this is a tough one as these are two great centers that are really making impacts on their team. However, I think that having Joe Kurczewski is going to be more valuable to Edmonton in this coming series because of his experience. I know Roman Augustus has nearly as much playoff experience as Joe K, but WKP has also had some success in recent years while Edmonton has not. Having the sage wisdom from Joe is going to help the Blizzard finally get over the hump
2. Between both rosters, create an all Challenge Cup starting lineup! (D, D, F, F, F, G) and in 50 words or more explain alittle about your selections.
Alright this was a tough one but here is who we are going to go with for our all-star line-up. Up front we are going to have the trio of Roman Augustus, Joe Kurczewski, and Cory Knouse. Augustus was second in the league in assists, Joe was 10th in the league in goals, and Knouse was 7th in the league in goals. These guys would be lethal with Augustus feeding those guys the puck. On the back end I am going to go with Brady McIntyre who has another excellent year serving up assists on the back end and Tor Tuck for his assist ability but also because he is the most handsome player in the league. Finally, Tommy Tuck is obviously going to be in the net after having the greatest goalie season in the history of the entire league.
3. 12 young players (S40 or higher) are competing in this championship series! Which young talent has a chance to capture the spotlight on the leagues grandest stage and why?
Piotr Czerkawski has been saving himself for this moment for much of the regular season. His performance thus far may have been disappointing but he was a young player who the front office believed could be lethal against first liners around the league. After a season long of disappointment for the young star Czerkawski is going to have his breakout games in the finals that will make all of the struggles worth it.
4. Between Edmonton's (karlssens and Keygan) and West Kendall's (JR95 and Wongy) which set of GM's have the tactical/Managerial advantage in this series and why?
I think the Edmonton general managers have the advantage from a tactical series because they are the fresh new faces in the finals. West Kendall has a great management group that has likely used their bag of tricks to win in the past, whereas Edmonton is in their first with this duo so now they can really pull out all of the stops and catch their opponent off guard in the big series.
5. Scout for 1 of the teams in the finals and give them a report on the what area's on there roster can be exploited in the upcoming series.
I will scout for West Kendall Platoon and let them know a little secret about the Edmonton Blizzard, they are so busy scoring so often that they just do not play the best team defense in the league. Tommy Tuck is on an island stopping pucks for long stretches of the game so there are chances to score if you can somehow manage to pry the puck away from the goal happy Edmonton skaters.

TASK 4: (*CASUAL MEMBER SPECIAL* Send answer in PM, up to 3 TPE)
Sent.

TASK 6: (Written, 3 TPE)
Tor Tuck came into the league simply because he had some ability and he wanted to make some money. There was no career goals that he had really set his sites on when he entered the league but over the course of his career there have been a few changes on that front. Tor has had quite a bit of success in recent years and he has been truly honored with the praise that has come his way as a player which has included high rankings on various lists, much respect from his peers, and even a Stevens trophy following his best season as a player. However, none of those accolades have been what Tor Tuck has set his personal bar at. The only thing Tor Tuck hopes to achieve in his career before a retirement is team success. While the Blizzard have been considered one of the top teams at the close of the regular season several times, they have not gotten it done in crunch time. The Challenge Cup has escaped the Blizzard and Tor several times and Tor hopes he can check that one box prior to his retirement.

Task 10 (Written, 3 TPE)
Tor Tuck’s season is not over quite yet so it is hard to plan his off season quite yet. However, after some consideration regardless of how the next 4 to 7 games shake out Tor Tuck has decided it will be an achievement worth celebrating because the Edmonton Blizzard making it to the finals is a truly impressive achievement that Tor was happy to be a part of. As a reward for his hard work he will take some time off and truly get some rest and relaxation before he comes back to make one strong final push for the upcoming season. The location and nature of this long recharging vacation is not quite known but Tor Tuck has a feeling that after this series there will definitely be some time in a tropical destination in his future. Hell, if they are able to bring home the cup and Tor Tuck achieves his career goal he might be visiting several tropical locations to celebrate.

[Image: TorTuck.gif]
[Image: sAx3Llh.jpg]

TASK 4: 3 TPE
*Sent by PM*

Task 10: 3 TPE
The Wolfpack lost 4-1 in the first round of the playoffs this year but it was still a big improvement and shows signs of this club trending in the right direction. I think the message after the loss was the same to most players, we are working towards the ultimate goal and this is a huge step in the right direction and we are not far off from a good deep run in the playoffs. I think this entire team is going into the off season to relax for a bit and mentally decompress from hockey for a while, spend time with family, and then get right back into the grind, improving our games each and every day will help us become a better team and thats what i intend to do, i think the whole team is on board with that message. go pack go, we are coming.

Task 6: 3 TPE
So far I think ive checked a lot of boxes on my SHL bucket list. This is my first created player and I think its going well for me so far. I came in after the draft and signed with the Knights in the SMJHL where I helped the team win back to back four star cups. I was named as an alternate captain of the Knights during that 2nd cup run. I was drafted into the SHL in a respectable 21st overall and have now played in both conferences, I scored my first SHL goal, got my first hat trick. Ive done a lot of things i could never have imagined doing including representing my country on the world stage. but theres one thing i still want to do before i end my career. Win a challenge cup with the NewEngland Wolfpack!

Task 1: 3 TPE
The Wolfpack are not far off a big run, there is a lot of youth and potential in our lineup and most prominently in the goalie position, so much potential back there were gonna be solid between the pipes very soon for a long time to come. Up front we have some good speed and skill with the ability to put the puck in the back of the net. One spot I believe we could use some help is a big strong shutdown D man. Not to say we don't have any, but defense wins cups and I think if we locked up one more stud defensive defender who can give our forwards the ability to take some more risks up the ice and get some more offence off the rush will make a huge difference in our game and will play a huge roll in giving us an extra edge over out opponents.

Task 3: 1 TPE each (4)
1. Joe Kurczewski is going to be a huge player for the Blizzard to lock up another ring for this franchise. Joe brings a veteran presence to the locker room with some incredible TPE. Joe will impact this series in a huge way on the ice with his ability to make all the players around him so much better. Watch for him to be an impact player in this one.

3. Season 41 create Piotr Czerkawski is going to need to be a force for the Blizzard if they want to win this one. At over 1000 TPE in only 4 seasons the dude is an absolute monster on the right side and the Blizz will look for him to really show off his skillset all series long as he has done through his entire career. He's my pick for young impact in this one.

4. Karlsens and Keygan have this one I think. They have built this team so well with hardly anyone with less than 1000 TPE on their roster its no wonder theyre a contender every year. These 2 have done amazing at keeping their guys active and loyal to this team. Their roster is incredible top to bottom with very few holes.

5. The Blizzard lineup is amazing top to bottom so many threats and big names it's incredible how this team has been constructed, but the one weakness I see in this roster is the backup goaltender position. Obviously the Blizz intend to run Tommy Tuck and his 1100+ TPE all the way through this series it has been a long season for this guy and if he shows signs of slowing down, the Blizzard don't have a backup option you can expect to fair well in a finals series against a good west Kendall team.

[Image: nasty.png]

Code:
TASK 1: (Written, 3 TPE)
Most of us did not reach the Challenge Cup finals in S45 which means that most teams have more work to be done. in [u]150[/u] words or more describe what (or who) your team is missing in order to make the Challenge Cup series. Is it a role on the ice that needs to be filled? Is it a specific player? Is it a locker room leader? Must include a mention of a build attribute for either a specific player that you think would complete the team, or the type of player that you think you could use.

During the regular season, the Texas Renegades were pretty solid all around. A lot of players put up career years and up and down the lineup, there weren't a lot of weaknesses. After dispatching the defending champion Winnipeg Jets in four straight games in round one, the Renegades were the underdogs against the best regular season team the Simulation Hockey League have ever seen in the Edmonton Blizzard and pushed them to overtime in Game 7. Looking through the scoring for the team through their two rounds, there were a few players who played above what was expected of them (Mikhail Petrikov, Jack Durden and Ace Redding) and some guys who could have performed better (Noah Konn, Brett Kennedy, Harvey Danger).

Although I think that the team can win the cup next season with a very similar roster (minus expansion draft losses), the team could use another top 9 winger and center to give the team a little more depth. No points from Brett Kennedy hurt that third line, but grabbing another offensive winger who compliments Noah Konn could do wonders in improving the bottom 6 secondary scoring and allow the Renegades to be a lethal threat no matter what line is on the ice.

Code:
TASK 3 (1 TPE Each):
4. Between Edmonton's (karlssens and Keygan) and West Kendall's (JR95 and Wongy) which set of GM's have the tactical/Managerial advantage in this series and why?

1. I believe that WKP's Roman Augustus will be the more valuable player between him and Joe K between Augustus plays the bigger minutes and is counted on in every situation and has done nothing but produce offense. Joe K is playing behind a greater defense, and although WKP has scored more goals in this series, they didn't have to play Texas.

F - Joe K Blizzard
F - Roman Augustus Platoon
F - Leafer Rielly Platoon
D - Connor Tanner Blizzard
D - Ludwig Koch Schroeder Platoon
G - Tommy Tuck Blizzard

I just picked the best players. Joe K and Roman Augustus speak for themselves. Since coming over from Calgary, they have led their respective teams in their final season before joining forced in New Orleans. Leafer Rielly has been a solid player as well but a lot of other players could have landed at that third spot. Tanner and Schoeder are two of the best defensemen in the league and they are playing like it through two rounds and Tuck has barely outplayed Biscuit.

3. Rex Kirkby of the West Kendall Platoon has the best chance to steal the spotlight as a top young player in this series because he really hasn't done much in this playoffs on either side of the puck and the expectations for him are low. One big goal or one big hit could turn the tide and be huge for the Platoon.

4. Edmonton's GM duo have the advantage in this series because all they have to do is do nothing. Put the players on the ice in any order and the team should perform at a high level and win the series easily. The only thing they shouldn't do is change goalies.

5. The Edmonton Blizzard are a heavy team and they can use that to their advantage to wear the Platoon down. West Kendall do not play well when they are pressured with the body contact and that is a huge key to winning this series for Edmonton. Wear them down and the goals will come.

Code:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/aeHAT06.png[/img]

Sadley, little Tammy was not the same after the recess peanut butter cup accident of S44. Her parents took her to the pediatrician where they labeled the incident a 'trauma' and prescribed Clonazepam to help Tammy cope.. The doctors visit cost her parents $100 dollars!... how many recess peanut butter cup packs could little tammy have bought with that $100 if each pack cost $2 dollars?

PM sent.

Code:
TASK 6: (Written, 3 TPE)
Every player has a bucket list of things they want to accomplish before they retire. In [u]150[/u] words or more write about the things you have completed on your bucket list and some of the things not yet accomplished.

Harvey Danger's bucket list of completions is small so far after his third SHL season, with a lot still to go. Finally, he made the SHL playoffs during this season after a career year in Texas. He was in his first fight and scored his first power play goal. Of course, there is still a lot to go for young Harvey.

Winning the Challenge Cup is of course the big one. After getting close to winning the SMJHL trophy in his rookie season in Montreal, Danger hasn't been able to lift the cup in five seasons total. Another bucket list item would be to hit 10 goals and 30 points over the next two seasons. After a career year offensively, those numbers aren't crazy as Danger is working on his offensive game every day. After getting really close to a large amount of shot blocks, getting 100 in a season would be a great accomplishment for the bucket list as well.

Code:
Task 10 (Written, 3 TPE)
Your player is out of the playoffs! Whether this is because the team didn't make it, or you have been eliminated, or you won the cup, in 150 words or more write about what your plans are for the offseason!

Harvey Danger's offseason plans are vast. After getting eliminated in a heart wrenching game 7 overtime, he took off to Cabo San Lucas in Mexico just to unwind and get drunk. When he gets back, he's heading straight to the gym to improve because he needs to be better if the Renegades are going to win the cup. He's hired an offensive skills coach and he will be working on his shooting, passing and puck handling skills over the offseason, and will be looking to bulk up and work on endurance.

Danger will be coming into S46 a much better player and is looking to break out as one of the better defenseman in the SHL. Right now he's only known as the 4th guy on a stacked Texas defense corps, but he's trying to make a name for himself and that starts in the gym.

But first, a sweet tan.

I did 17 TPE worth but I know I'm only getting 16 TPE.

Task 1: 

The Hamilton Steelhawks are in a transitional period, one that leads away from the old guard of players that were consistently great but never managed to clear the final hurdle of a championship. Instead, the future looks towards young core of talent including Tig Murphy, Andrew Martin, Dank Boija, and J.P. [REDACTED]. This young core will further be bolstered by an incredible number of draft picks in the upcoming Reddit draft, including the 1st overall pick. The team has needs all over the roster, and this draft affords them the best chance to fix it going forward. They'll still have some years left of Robert Phelps, Ben Dover, Nour Harrak, and Vijanupatan Singh being around to mentor and steer the ship in the right direction in time for this new core to take the reins. In terms of what the Steelhawks organization needs the most? A button that makes these young players just a little bit older and more developed, so that they can get back to their winning ways sooner than later.

Task 3:

i) I think Joe Kurczewski will be the more impactful of the two, although they are both monumental talents. Joe's been the face of championship teams and plays the beastly two-way game you need from a top centre to succeed in the playoffs. His scoring ability is legendary, but most of all, none of this is new to him.

ii) F: Oisin Fletcher - Joe Kurczewski - Roman Augustus
   D: Tor Tuck - Ludwig Koch Schroder
   G: Beaujeaux Biscuit

The forwards are three of the premier forwards of the league, all terrifying scorers with two-way acumen and bite to their game. The defensemen are widely regarded as some of the best minute-eating defenders in existence and provide their teams with quality defending on top of great puckmoving ability. Beaujeaux Biscuit may be the best big game goalie alive, as shown in his playoff and international career.

iii) I think Rex Kirkby has continued to demonstrate the qualities that the Platoon saw in him when they picked him in the S43 draft. His ability to balance a steady, effective shutdown game with good mobility and the ability to create offense on the breakout has led to him being a big part of the West Kendall blueline, and he projects to be one of the best in the game sooner than later.

iv) This is a tough call because these are two teams that have a history of success, and that takes a lot of tactical knowledge on the part of the GMs. However, I think West Kendall's success over the past several seasons indicates the ability to adjust to a variety of opponents, as they've ranged everywhere from cinderella story needing to play a perfect game to survive to being favourites who need to dictate the game. For this reason, I'd give them a slight edge.

v) For Edmonton, it seems that their bottom of the roster forwards have not been producing enough and may be exposed by West Kendall during the series. Edmonton has wisely limited their icetime, but it's imperative that these players be able to pull their weight and ensure that the Blizzard top six doesn't get too physically drained from so many minutes. Finding a way to get the bottom six playing "break even" hockey at the very least would be a big benefit to the team's chances.

Task 4: PMed

Task 6: As a new player, one of the first things on my bucket list was to prove that I was a high-profile prospect and get drafted early to both the SMJHL and SHL, in which I was successful after going 10th and 4th, respectively. The next two things on my list is something this player will sadly never accomplish, being an SMJHL Defenseman of the Year honour and a Four Star Cup, the latter of which was dashed by two consecutive seasons with losses in Game 7 of the semifinals. I had hoped to make a push for SHL Rookie of the Year, but instead had to settle for us winning the draft lottery (we'll take it). At this rate, my hopes for individual awards aren't going so well so I'm focusing on the one thing that matters most - a Challenge Cup. While I may never be looked at as a legendary player, I hope to be looked at as someone who was invaluable to a number of championship rosters, which means more than any award.

Task 10:

Tig Murphy had a really rough rookie season in the SHL. Preseason suggested that he might be a contender for Rookie of the Year, and his first few games went well. But then, he fell flat on his face offensively and seemed to lose confidence throughout most of the campaign. The offseason comes at a good time for him, and he'll be putting in a lot of work to be more aggressive in carrying the puck rather than deferring to more veteran teammates as much. While his defending was competent, there is still much room for improvement. Murphy needs to improve his physical play as he struggled playing against fully-developed men for the first time, so he'll be working on strength training so better allow himself to win board battles. A big focus will be on getting the skilled touches back into his game as far as puckhandling is concerned, and getting some of the confidence from his junior days back.

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

Task 2

[Image: g4bYFMa.png]
(Spotted during the New England-Minnesota series)

@CampinKiller

[Image: 61ehXiT.png]
(West Kendall Platoon fan weighs the pros and cons of Toronto)

Task 4

SUBMITTED

Task 5

[Image: AOBB7T7.png]

Task 6

Kocsis has been pretty adamant about his bucket list of things he wishes to accomplish before he retires from professional hockey. First, and foremost, his top goal is to win the Challenge Cup. Probably the most difficult thing to accomplish on his list, Kocsis has made significant efforts to try and get closer to accomplishing this goal. Another item on Kocsis's bucket list, but has since then been completed, was make it to the SHL. While it wasn't a regular season SHL game, Kocsis played 2 games for the Minnesota Chiefs during the SHL Playoffs, thus earning him a couple of SHL games under his belt. Other items on Kocsis's bucket list include him winning top league defenseman (either in the SHL or SMJHL), leading the league in points (once again either in the SHL or SMJHL), recording a point in the SHL, and of course, being one, if not the best, player in the SHL.

Quote:156 Words

Task 10

With both his SMJHL and SHL teams being eliminated from the playoffs, Sanyi Kocsis's plan for the upcoming offseason is to continue to push himself to his physical limits in order to make the jump to the SHL more quickly. With numerous days expected to be spent both indoors at the gym, and outdoors in running across Hungary's vast natural landscapes, Kocsis has reportedly told both Kelowna Knights and Minnesota Chiefs coaches that he'll be soon in the best shape of his life if all goes well. While there have been concerns about Kocsis's training regiments and the fact he rarely takes days off from working out and building up his strength, his discipline and dedication to getting better has gotten both praise and criticism from both analysts, rival coaches, and fellow players alike. No one really know whether if this will be the only thing Kocsis will do this off season, but the Chiefs prospect has managed to keep his personal life far away from the spotlight.

Quote:168 Words

PLAYER | UPDATE
[Image: BBr47PN.png]

[Image: m9F8nRF.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2019, 08:26 PM by Moosecop.)

PBE PT

Task 4:
Message Sent

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2019, 09:49 PM by Jiggly_333.)

PBE PT

Task 4 Sent

[Image: KouSaotomeUndraftedSigSmol.png]
Jamie T Wrote:But I wish I'd been a little more exceptional
And I wish I'd been a little unconventional
But I was not enough, no, I'm not enough

Task 1:

I wouldn’t say that this season for the New England Wolfpack was a wash, I mean we did sneak into the post season and had some success when most experts wrote us off very early.

You take a look at the top teams in the last few years and you see some patterns emerge with them, great goal tending, top end scoring, and great depth players that round out the roster, and I’d like to think that New England is doing just that, you have some top scoring, the goal tending is coming around, and with some drafts and some decent trading you can build that depth you need, these are some of the reasons that I decided to stick around a few years when that window should open.

I was part of the dynasty years, and I can see the same things happen now that started happening before those great years and it is exciting.

Task 3:

1. While both Joe Kurczewski and Roman Augustus should be respected in both their own rights, I believe Joe Kurczewski is the one with the with more on his plate but can handle all that heat. He lit up the regular season with 59 points in 50 games, and I expect that trend to continue in the playoffs.

2. Joe Kurczewski, Dani Forsberg, Roman Augustus, Brady McIntyre, Connor Tanner, Tommy Tuck.

I mean this all-star roster should really speak for itself, but I guess we will try and explain starting with the goalie. No disrespect to Bojo, but only 5 regulation losses during the season for Tommy Tuck? Are you kidding me?

On the blue line I decided to keep some chemistry there by taking two Blizzard players, and the only reason I kept Tor Tuck off this list is because his penalty trouble during the season.

Those forwards are world class players, all had 60 point seasons, except for Joe who only trailed by one point, but these guys just put that puck in the net.

3. I realize that the more experienced young players should get the nod here, but Tony Pepperoni really stands out for me, and not just because of his name. In his rookie season he put up just shy of .5 points per game while only soaking up 13 minutes per game on a deep Edmonton time. He brings young hunger to a great lineup and adds a great depth piece for this team.

4. This is another tough one to decide. Both sets of GM’s have done an amazing job of building these teams into what they are, but I’ll give this advantage to Edmonton only because I have had the privilege to work with Keygan and know how much work and time the guy puts into this league and building great teams and testing lines and all that boring stuff.

5. I’d have to chose to scout for Edmonton because there seems to be only a small hole in West Kendall, and that’s goal tending. Tommy Tuck is an elite goalie who can carry his team, but Biscuit has shown great talent, but consistency isn’t his strong suit and can be exploited with a long playoff series.

Task 4: PMed.

Task 6:

It’s hard to pick a bucket list as my last player was part of the New England dynasty and was able to take home 3 championships. The one thing I’d really like is a Four Star’s cup because I have yet to get one with 3 players, and being in the finals with each player a couple of times, but that will be hard to do with this player.

I wouldn’t mind another Challenge Cup, but I’d really like to hit somewhere around 1500TPE with this player, even though that might be a long shot with my record of activity around here, but it is a goal of mine.

Another goal, and my GM won’t like this, but I would like to test free agency with this player, as I have never been apart of it and always for the last two players at least, stuck around in New England, but last time was a good run, and hopefully we can duplicate it again!

Task 10:
Another season has come and gone, and we must prepare for another run at the Challenge Cup. I’ve been given some stats to work on over the off-season to really bring my player those big minutes that not only will help me be a big contributor to this team, but also look good on my record.

I will also be supplementing by pushing some other stats up, and maybe even getting back into the media game to make some nice extra money that can go a long way to getting me to that 1500TPE level that I am craving with this player and will be my best showing yet.

I am also looking very forward to the upcoming draft and free agency as I know there are some plans in the works, and it will really make this team a contender in the East, and hopefully we can turn some heads when the playoffs come around again.

[Image: WtrC9qy.png]

FalconsJapanpride

Task 1 (3 TPE)

Buffalo’s biggest organizational weakness is their drop-off in their bottom defensive pairing.  Fredrich Koenig and Quick Mafs are both decent to good players, but the ice time they control is tenuous at best.  Neither skater plays any time on a special teams unit, and both players struggle to make the most of their shifts.  The Stampede could really use a solid, stay-at-home defenseman good for 70 shot blocks and 80 hits to cover the bottom pairing and relieve some pressure from the top pairings on special teams.  

Getting a player who is positionally sound, physically powerful, and a demanding checker would shore up pressure down the lineup and allow skaters like power play quarterback Alexis Metzler to focus on their game.  Taking defensive starts would help coaching focus shooting talent down the ice and support Koenig’s play, while allowing Mafs to play up and down the lineup and shelter his minutes as he becomes more confident in the SHL.

Task 3 (4 TPE)

1. It’s gotta be Joe Kurczewski for the impact player of the series.  Exposed in the expansion draft and looking for a payday, Kurczewski has to impress in this series—and will!  While Augustus is no slouch, expect to see big points and bigger hits out of Joe in the series.

Joe Kurcewski – Roman Augustus – Hercules Rockefeller
Ludwig Koch Schroder – Connor Tanner
Beaujeaux Biscuit

Kurcewski and Augustus are obvious shoo-ins.  Both players combine for 30 points, have monstrous shooting percentages, and eat minutes.  Hercules Rockefeller finds the third spot thanks to his flawless 0 PIM and above-the-curve 16% shooting percentage.  
Schroder and Tanner are both doing incredible work on the blue line, with Tanner blocking 21 shots and Schroder shooting an otherworldly 24%.  Finally, Biscuit sneaks in the goal line thanks to a .915 with a high level of competition.

3. The only true rookie in the series, Tony Pepperoni has a reputation to create in this series.  Putting up one goal in eleven games and a respectable 8 hits, Pepperoni is poised to make a big impact for the Blizzard.  He’s no slouch, and has a chip on his shoulder getting beaten by the team that sold him for parts in last season’s SMJHL semifinals.

5. The Edmonton Blizzard have a gaping weakness in their depth, running eleven forwards and keeping their bottom defensive pairing as sheltered as possible.  If West Kendall can match lines in a way that exploits the bottom defensive pairing and fourth line, they could emerge victorious with scrappy goals against outmatched players.

Task 4 (3 TPE)
Done

Task 6 (3 TPE)

Cedric Robinson has the blessing of youth, but we asked him about his career bucket list.  We didn’t expect an actual physical list, but boy did we get one.  Robinson started with IIHF gold for the United Kingdom.  “I already won WJC gold with the USA, now it’s time for me to rep my mom’s side of the family.”  His victory ambitions don’t end there.  “I still want a Four-Star in this last season, and I want at least one Challenge Cup.”

“As far as individual awards go, I still want to win a Rookie of the Year in SHL.  I’m a little salty about winning Goalie of the Year and missing Rookie of the Year in the juniors, so I’m hoping I make a good impression.”  Robinson grins—more of a grimace.  “And of course, some Goalie of the Year and MVP awards in the SHL while I’m up there.  Seems like a good way to cap off the resume.”

Task 10 (3 TPE)

Cedric Robinson’s off-season rituals are centered around one thing and one thing only:  Food.  “Gotta get some pizza,” he started, “from all over the city.  Usual haunts, new spots, get the down home style and the fru-fru ‘craft’ pizza joints.  Then it’s time for milkshakes.”  Robinson waxes poetic about milkshakes of all varieties—chocolate, strawberry, candy bar and breakfast cereal.  “I really dig milkshakes that include some crunchy or salty ingredients on the top.  Not mixed in.  Hard to get that through a straw.  But getting to take a break for a crunch is always great.”

“Gotta meet Pinto for a turkey leg at the amusement park,” he continues, referring to teammate and alternate captain David Fantobens.  “Pinto told me I look like the kind of guy who has a turkey leg in his pocket at all times, so now we get a turkey leg every off-season.”  When asked if any of his rituals didn’t involve food, Robinson contemplated, briefly.

“…so about Mexican food.  Burritos.”

Task 1
Honestly the reason that we didn't make the finals is cause we didn't call me up sooner. I might be a very fresh young face, but after the season I had down in the juniors I'm looking to be a very strong candidate for the league next season. I'll come into the rookie in hopefully my second or third year of eligibility and should slot into a second or third line center role for my rookie season, which will be nice to help me put up some solid point totals. I think what we really need in Minnesota is just some fresh faced offense, with a lot of our offense currently being based around the old guard. There hasn't been super important fresh talent on the forward core in a few seasons, and I think adding me and Kocsis will be massive for the team. There's a lot of ways that this could go obviously, seeing as we were a Cinderella team anyways, but youth it always a great answer to any problem your team might be having when it comes to producing in an exciting way.

Task 3
1. Roman Augustus is an absolute dime and was an awesome addition for the West Kendall Platoon. Adding a player of this caliber is sure to lift them over the Blizzard, and its pretty clear to see why. Augustus was awesome during the regular season and has been dependable in playoffs this far, making him a clear choice.

2. Dani Forsberg, Alex Light, Jon Ross, Ludwig Schroder, Roman Augustus, and Beaujeaux Biscuit. I picked these players because I think West Kendall will win, and it's all the top players from their roster. With me not knowing a ton about the current state of the SHL, I had to go with the easy and safe decision which was to pick the logistically top performing players of the team I think will win.

3. Florence Clijsters is my choice for the top young player in this competition. It's hard to debate that he isn't a clear cut guy, at just under a thousand TPE. His impact at the face off dot will be absolutely massive for the Platoon, and with them being my top pick to win it all there is no question that he will be a major part.

4. This is a super tough decision for me to make, but I have to lean towards West Kendall. JR and Wongy are two GM's who I know from the IHL that have done great jobs thus far with their teams, and even though karl is my team mate in Kelowna I have to give a heavy hand to those that I've seen actually doing the work. Love ya karl.

5. West Kendall's biggest hole at the moment is definitely their bottom six. With some really key top line guys, you need to have at least some decent skill on the bottom six to help shore up the team completely and protect the net when the stars aren't out to perform. The Platoon have a big weakness here, and I think Edmonton can certainly take advantage of that.

Task 4
PM sent - 3 TPE

Task 6
I think my bucket list is pretty basic to be quite honest. There is a shit load of stuff that I want to do in my career, but honestly the biggest thing I want is probably what every guy is gonna answer. I want to win the Challenge Cup. The idea of hoisting that trophy over my head and taking my victory lap is something I'm never going to let go of, since it's been a dream of mine from the first time I ever laced up a pair of skates. Being out on the ice with some of the best young stars in the world down in the SMJHL, and having a record setting season gave me the personal laurels I've always wanted, but I'm ready to pursue something bigger than me. I guess if there was one other thing I want to do I really want to set some SHL records. Dreams aren't that big haha.

Task 10
Well I wasn't actually on the Chiefs roster for the majority of the season, but I did get to come up for one or two games in the playoffs that both ended up being losses. It was a disappointing way to end the season, especially after we got murdered by the Crows but I'm super excited to get back on my feet in the off-season and prepare to make some more magic happen down in the juniors during my third campaign. The Knights are looking strong, and after I had a record setting season the biggest thing I have to get ready for is Awards Night. I'm super excited and really looking forward to it, and it'll be super fun to see some of the other stars in the league all looking their best as we celebrate what was a truly great season. Our high octane offense here in Kelowna is super strong heading into next year, so just making sure that I'm on top of my game is going to be the biggest priority for me this off season. Athletic training and mental training are going to be the first concern, and then we'll look into getting back on the ice.

[Image: Klaus2.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2019, 11:39 AM by Mayuu.)

Code:
TASK 1: (Written, 3 TPE)
Most of us did not reach the Challenge Cup finals in S45 which means that most teams have more work to be done. in [u]150[/u] words or more describe what (or who) your team is missing in order to make the Challenge Cup series. Is it a role on the ice that needs to be filled?
Is it a specific player? Is it a locker room leader? Must include a mention of a build attribute for either a specific player that you think would complete the team, or the type of player that you think you could use.

The Buffalo stampede boasted one of the rosters with the most individual skill in the league, still the results are lacking, why many are asking. All the experts asked are baffled, what in the world makes this team under perform? One expert points at the lack of coaching, and that for some reason the knuckleheads kept playing Viktor Vorkämpfer in the third line. Another expert said that the GM's did not instill confidence in the team and the leadership has been lacking.

But one expert probably has the answer that will be the closest to the truth. A lack of Hippo. The rookie that was drafted 3 seasons ago needs to get called up and start contributing to the team, What Hippo brings is a wide body and the ability to get the puck to the skilled shooters on the team. A good passed like Hippo will fill the void vorkämpfer leaves. With Hippo on the rooster this team is sure to turn things around.

Code:
Task 2: (Graphic, 2 TPE)
Theres been allot of people holding up outragous signs throughout the playoffs! find and post [u]2[/u] of them! the signs must be about a player or a team in the S45 playoffs. *tag any player involved in the sign*

[Image: bVb5J29.jpg]
@Baelor Swift 

[Image: TeAJE0Y.jpg]
@Mike Izzy

Code:

Joe Kurczewski brings routine and a winning mentality to a team drought of success lately, and while their regular season went as stellar as you can imagine the playoffs is a different monster.
Joe Kurczewski brings all of the above to the Edmonton Blizzard and sure makes them the favorite.

Code:

D1 Tor Tuck
D2 Ludwig Koch Schroder
F1 Dani Forsberg
F2 Roman Augustus
F3 Teddy Cuddles
G Tommy Tuck

Tor Tuck has had a massive season and is easily one of the highlights of this season. Being a good example of stepping up when it matters.
Ludwig Koch Schroder is a staple of the West Kendall Platoon blue line and contributes both on the ice and from the booths
Dani Forsberg always seems to be around the finals, same with Roman Agustus. These two are pure breed winners.
Teddy Cuddles brings that flair and explosiveness to wrap it all up.
In the back we have wicked man Tommy Tuck who always seems to be screaming at his brother.

Code:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/aeHAT06.png[/img]

Sadley, little Tammy was not the same after the recess peanut butter cup accident of S44. Her parents took her to the pediatrician where they labeled the incident a 'trauma' and prescribed Clonazepam to help Tammy cope.. The doctors visit cost her parents $100 dollars!... how many recess peanut butter cup packs could little tammy have bought with that $100 if each pack cost $2 dollars?

** Note: To receive credit for this task you must send the answer to me by forum PM. Do not post the answer in this thread as you will not get credit.. Please make the subject of the PM “CW Special” [Earn up to 3 TPE for this task. 2 TPE for participation, 1 additional TPE for the correct answer] [u]Also[/u], please make sure to add this assignment to your post to inform the grader that you have completed this task.

Code:
Task 5: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
During the finals there will be a television segmant talking about the leagues locker room environments. Submit a graphic visually highlighting three key appealing features of your locker room. Must include team logo, team name, and text captions for the features you have chosen.

[Image: unknown.png?width=1014&height=676]

Code:
Task 10 (Written, 3 TPE)

Hippo is out of the cup cause he didn't even play in the SHL this season, that's alright though since he's been enjoying dunking on rookies all season in the SMJHL (this season has been the toughest so far, these rookies are to damn good). After the season is over Hippo is going back to Sweden to enjoy some down time at the farm, playing some cow poop bingo with his grandma and participating in some peoples racing (entry level rally cross). All while enjoying peoples beer (medium-strong beer).
Something Hippo's been missing a lot lately is to celebrate midsummer eve back in Sweden, all the good different marinated herring and good old firewater. Watching the kids dance and sing "små grodorna". The american culture gets a bit overwhelming at times.
This off season is the most important one so far since the next season it's time to participate in the big show..

Time to really charge these batteries.

RETIRED

hh

[Image: leblaVa.gif]
Shoutout to @adamantium for the sig! <3