Create Account

S46 Halifax Raiders Interested Prospect Thread

1- Player name, position and Discord ID (if you have Discord)
Tony Ford, D , Fuck Everything.#9960
2- Describe the kind of player you are trying to build (i.e speedy sniper, hard hitting forward, shooting defensemen)
Attacking Defenceman. But I'd like to be dynamic. Looking for primary assists.
3- Are you new to SHL? if so, what are your expectations of this simulation league (please be detailed)?
Yes. I'd like it to be a fun use of my time. That is literally all.
4- Do you understand what you need to do in order to make your player better, i.e how the updates work, how to earn tpe and money?
Not really, but I'd love to learn.
5- What are your expectations from the team that drafts you?
Help me improve, but also I'd expect them to require something from me in return (there's no such thing as a free lunch)
6- What sets you apart from other prospects in this draft?
Erm... Im British? I'm also desperate to find a way to have fun while learning more about hockey.
7- Would you like to be a member of the Halifax Raiders, why or why not?
Yes. I love the towns Halifax (both the OG UK version and the new Nova Scotian version) - almost all my canadian friends live in Halifax. Also, seems like it'd be east coast which is more convenient forme
8- Activity level: Rate your activity level on a scale of 1-5 (1 being rarely/never, 2 once a week, 3 every other day, 4 most days of the week, 5 multiple times a day)
probably 3-4 but im new so i dunno
9- Most of our team chats in our discord room, is that something you are okay with?
yes
10- Are you opposed to changing/modifying your player build to suit the needs of the team?
If that's what's required. I won't compromise on the basics (won't try and become an enforcer to help the team), but I'll tune it towards what the team wants.
11- What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room?
I think theyre the same thing ultimately. But the second.
12- How long do you plan to stay in juniors (2-4 seasons)?
probably 4
13- Very important……..Waffles or Pancakes?
Pancakes... but i;m open to other arguments

[Image: 58170_v.gif]
[Image: 58170_s.gif]
Thanks to @Carpy48 , @sköldpaddor, @Weretarantula, @Bruins10  and @Wasty  for sigs
Extra special thanks to @Julio Tokolosh for the sick gif one

Akash SixNine, Defenseman and #Kush????

2- Describe the kind of player you are trying to build (i.e speedy sniper, hard hitting forward, shooting defensemen)

Defensive defenseman

3- Are you new to SHL? if so, what are your expectations of this simulation league (please be detailed)?

Nope been here for a while

4- Do you understand what you need to do in order to make your player better, i.e how the updates work, how to earn tpe and money?

Yep

Win cups

I am 44

Yes, been here before, Gmd here before.

8- Activity level: Rate your activity level on a scale of 1-5 (1 being rarely/never, 2 once a week, 3 every other day, 4 most days of the week, 5 multiple times a day)

9- Most of our team chats in our discord room, is that something you are okay with?

Yes, im already in your discord

10- Are you opposed to changing/modifying your player build to suit the needs of the team?

yes

11- What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room?

winning

waffles

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

My player's name is Espen Knutsen Jr., he plays center and my Discord ID is LordPrust#1706

2- Describe the kind of player you are trying to build (i.e speedy sniper, hard-hitting forward, shooting defensemen)

I am building an all-around playmaking forward that will focus on setting his teammates up but won't be afraid to shoot if that is the best option.

I am new to the SHL, my expectations are a very inclusive league with high competitive intensity. I expect the league to be like a community but at the same time I expect a hyper-realistic league where I can enjoy myself.

Yep, I am learning the ropes and trying to find each and every way to earn TPE, money and to make my player into a superstar.

I expect to be treated fairly, which means to earn pay that is equal to that of players of my skill level, but I also expect the team to do everything in its power to win the cup since in the end that is every kid's dream.

I have the drive, commitment, and loyalty to success. I am not focused on individual stats all I want is the W and to win the SMJHL Cup.

Yes I would love to be a Halifax Raider, I want to be apart of a team that wants me and has the tools to succeed.

I would rate my activity level at a 4 on the scale provided.

Yes, I cannot wait to be apart of a community-like team on Discord.

I would not be opposed to changing/modifying my player to suit the needs of the team, as long as the end goal is the SMJHL Cup.

Both are mutually dependent. In order for a team to win championships, they need to behave like a family and be by each other's sides no matter the situation.

I plan to stay in juniors for as long as I need before an SHL team shows interests in my talents at the next level.

Waffles. cmon

Gunnar Petrov, LW. Hanson94.

Speedy sniper

Been inactive for 6 years so I'm old and new. The league seems to have progressed a lot (not that it was ever bad I just didn't have the free time anymore) and I glad to be a part of it again.

Yes

Patience. I may take some time but it will be worth it.

I'll let my play do the talking here. Just sit back and watch.

Yes, I want to play in the league. Period.

Yes

Willing to improve on different aspects but not going to change my entire game. I am what I am.

Nothing more important than championships.

Waffles

Wibbly McButternutz/D/itchy_nadz#1499

I'm a wild stallion.  Shutdown D.  Willing to block a shot with my dick

I'm new.  Expectations.. Fame, Fortune, Women and a whole lotta PIMs

Is this another way of asking "are you retarded? Do you know how to read a tutorial?"  No, I'm not retarded and yes, I can read a tutorial.

Golden toilet and a giant picture of me at centre ice, home AND away

Listen, if you can't tell I'm cut from a different cloth already, then maybe you don't deserve me

If you get me the Golden toilet, I'm on board

Yup

I block pucks with my dick and I love it.  Are you willing to change your team to suit my needs?

Can't have one without the other, all of the above

How ever long it takes to build my legacy and leave a lasting impression - I will have a banner raised in my honor, whether it's for Halifax or someone else, that's for you to decide

I don't answered retarded questions

Cullen Gray, LW, Gray#3795.

Basically Auston Matthews except a bit smaller.

Yes I am new, hoping it will be a fun time and I'll get to enjoy watching my player grow and get better than everyone else!

Mostly yeah, just starting so probably still have things to learn. I have the general idea though.

Be decent and help me get better.

No one else is gunna be a faster Auston Matthews. You know you want a faster Auston Matthews.

Yea, you're a team. I'd like to be on a team.

Probably would check every day so 4-5.

Yeah.

Depends how much, but, I don't think you'll want me to after scoring a shit load of goals.

I think one leads to the other.

Not really sure as I'm still new to this so I don't know how long it takes to progress. As few seasons as possible would be good.

Both are amazing... but I have to go with waffles.

[Image: grayhd.gif]

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Corey Kennedy - D (Offensive minded) - PM me for Discord ID

Puck moving/Shooting Defensemen

Yes, love the game of hockey. Hoping to have some fun and see how things play out.

Yep, learning, but I think I am getting it.

Just win baby! j/k. A place to grow and develop and work hard to win games.

Willing to put in the work.

I'd like to be on any team that wants me on it.

Yeah

We could chat about it, sure.

Can I have both?

2-3 seasons

Pancakes.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

- Julio Tokolosh, RW, and Julio Tokolosh

- 200 foot dangler

- Yes. I'm expecting an athletic version of dungeons and dragons? I favorite part of every game was the imagination aspect (franchise mode, role playing, etc), so im hoping to get a but of that out of this.

- no. I've read as much as i could in the last few days, but any advice would be appreciated. 

- im looking for guidance and structure in my time in the J.

- my computer based desk job, my background in art, and my itch for obscure fantasy sports

- based on the interview questions, yes.

- yes. im new to it, but very open.

- not opposed.

- in real life: the locker room. as a fantasy sport: victory. backwards, i know. im still not sure what to expect out of all of this.

-  i really dont know what to expect.

- ive heard good arguments on both sides. i was raised in a pancake house, so thats how i prefer them.

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History

Alexander Andersson-Grande, G, Swegkingu#6661

HoF Goalie

Yes im new

teach me

let me play

i suck

idk i dont know anything about the team

im fine with u chatting why wouldnt i be

IDK how i could change my goalie build to suit you better, what's good for me is good for u

both

prolly 4

cake

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Harry Carpet, Goalie.

Quick, agile goalie.

Very new, yes. To have fun mostly, but I'm still learning how everything works here.

I already know more than yesterday. That's a good sign, isn't it?

To give me a chance and support me.

Difficult to say. Isn't everyone unique?

Obviously yes.

Right now I'd say something between 2-4.

I don't mind it, I just can't promise that I'll have time to participate much. We'll see in the future.

Not really.

First the locker room, then the championship.

2-3 maybe? I really don't know.

I like both, but I do like pancakes a bit more.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

1- Player name, position and Discord ID (if you have Discord) Charlie Serpe, Defense, Serpe#9162

2- Describe the kind of player you are trying to build (i.e speedy sniper, hard hitting forward, shooting defensemen) Offensive dmen with great stick skills

3- Are you new to SHL? if so, what are your expectations of this simulation league (please be detailed)? Recreate

4- Do you understand what you need to do in order to make your player better, i.e how the updates work, how to earn tpe and money? Yes

5- What are your expectations from the team that drafts you? Win a championship and play top minutes

6- What sets you apart from other prospects in this draft? Amazing personality and desire to win every game

7- Would you like to be a member of the Halifax Raiders, why or why not? I like the logo Tongue

8- Activity level: Rate your activity level on a scale of 1-5 (1 being rarely/never, 2 once a week, 3 every other day, 4 most days of the week, 5 multiple times a day) 4

9- Most of our team chats in our discord room, is that something you are okay with? Yes

10- Are you opposed to changing/modifying your player build to suit the needs of the team? Id like to do what's best for my players future interests

11- What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room? Winning championships

12- How long do you plan to stay in juniors (2-4 seasons)? 2

13- Very important……..Waffles or Pancakes? Pancakes

Joe Ackryod, Defence, Mcjosd

Shooting defensemen

3- Are you new to SHL? if so, what are your expectations of this simulation league (please be detailed)? I'm old.

Yes. I am 

More or less. Still learning some of the particulars, but very much looking forward to continuing to learn!

Lets get that bread

Ima team player

Sure, my sis went to school there

oui

Sure

Close-knit

2-3

Trick question, french toast

[Image: Ackroyd.png]

[Image: zRNCZ6u.png]

Lex Peters - Center - Mike Vaughn#5870

Fast, skilled playmaking center.

Yes, I expect it to be an active community with a ton of open communication of league happenings and tons of interactions

Yes

To foster and groom a great room of players and continue to grow a great culture.

Quiet, but very reserved in my process. Willing to do what it takes to win.

Any opportunity to present myself and a chance to win is all I ask for. I play for the logo on front, and not the numbers on back.

3/4, depends on the week. 

Yes

Yes

With a close knit locker room often comes championships. But a locker room comes first.

2 seasons optimistically, unless I grow attached to my team.

I prefer not to answer on the grounds that I do not want to. Please contact my agent.

Slap McShotty - C - yogurt loaf#8788

I'm a power forward with a subfocus on playmaking. I'd like to have excellent puck possession and enable the bigger shooters more (high quality) opportunities.

Yes, I'm new. I don't have many expectations, just hopes: I'd like to make it on a good SHL team and be a decent choice for those who play fantasy hockey using the SHL.

I believe I got most of it from the tutorial and the rest with some private messaging (at least for what I can do now as a rookie).

I'd hope to at least be played on a line so I can help the team benefit from my supportive skills.

I'm not quite sure. I'll give this some time each day so perhaps my activity would be a standout attribute. Also, I'm not looking to be the superstar, but to elevate those around me so the team does better.

I have no opinions one way or the other. I'd be happy to consider you if you gave me the chance.

Between 4 and 5, but closer to 5.

Yes, but probably not with voice.

I'd be happy to take direction if you can explain how it'd benefit both me and the team. I'm reasonable.

I think a close-knit locker room would put you in a better position to win championships, so it'd take the higher priority.

I'm new, so I'd like to stay as long as my manager thinks it would benefit me.

Whatever I'm in the mood for. They both have their own textures.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

Echo van Otter - LW - hotdog69

Right place right time playmaking winger, high on assists (like a Marner or Panarin type)

Very new to the point that I don't have specific expectations. I expect it to be fun and engaging

Getting used to it but the tutorials have been helpful. so far so good 

Some coaching to help me reach my full potential

The desire to help, manifested in my drive to lead the league in assists

hell yeah,. I got healthy scratched in the frickin rookie showcase so beggars can't be choosers

Probably 5, possibly 4 

Yep 

Definitely 

If you do the first, the second will come 

Probably 3-4 to develop better as a player

French toast

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway