Create Account

Kelowna Co-GM: NJBadApple
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2019, 08:52 PM by NJBadApple.)

Finished... like 1,000 words

It's often said that the journey matters more than the destination, and this couldn't hold more truth for the recent hire as Co-GM in Kelowna.... me.  During my almost 4 years (holy shit) on the forums, I've held precisely 0 jobs as a GM anywhere.  Meanwhile, other people who joined around the same time as me had gone on to already successful & fulfilling, and even multiple tours in the front office managing several teams both in the SMJHL and SHL itself.  Anyway, I digress.  I'm more than honored to work alongside Zoone and the rest of the Kelowna Knights to continue their storied success.

I want to thank way too many people to tag in one thread, so let's just do an all-encompassing thank you to everyone who has helped me along the way.  Of course, it may be awkward becoming GM of a team that neither of my players have ever played for, but GM'ing is a different ball game and one I look forward to taking head-on.

I also realize that being awarded the job as Co-GM is not the end of a journey but the beginning of another... as Zoone will attest to in the coming seasons, I'll do the best of my ability to build a welcoming & friendly atmosphere for the Knights, as well as (of course) success within the sim.  I believe 100% that if you focus on making a community where people, not players, will want to spend their time and effort, then everything else will fall into place... I have zero doubts about that.

Quote:- Effective immediately, I will be taking over as line coach of the Knights as well

Well I didn't really plan out a fancy hiring article, just kind of started typing when I found out that the job was mine.  I'll now take questions from anyone that has interest.  And for the first time, GO KNIGHTS!  Knights  Knights  Knights

Quote:Would you rather fight 100 apple-sized New Jerseys or 1 New Jersey-sized apple?
Seeing as NJ is an entire state, it would be impossible to defeat a state-sized apple. So I'll go with 100 mini NJ's.

Quote:What defines a bad apple?
Fun fact - This nickname comes from a very drunken night in a bar when I lived in Texas, and it kind of stuck with me over the years irl (the bad apple part, at least). I think it's someone who doesn't really have a filter, and is more of a realist than someone willing to play 100% by the rules.

Quote:Congrats dude, looking forward to next season.
Thanks, me too!

Quote:Congrats man, well deserved!
Thanks!

Quote:What are your personal goals for this season as a GM?
I'd be remiss in my duties if I didn't say to win the cup... but other than that, I think the SMJHL is a unique league to GM in. Simply for the fact that players are "only" around for three seasons, so you're constantly looking forward to the future. One of my goals is to balance the perception of looking towards the future & being in a win-now situation perfectly.

Quote:What made you apply for the Knights?
This is kind of a hard one for me... I have zero ties to Kelowna prior to the job, but I always had a great deal of respect for Zoone. I had been applying for GM jobs for some time now to no avail, then I heard from a third-party that there was very little interest in the KEL job. I briefly looked at their team, history, did some research... and applied.

Quote:Will you be a good apple now?
Never.

Quote:Congrats NJ! You were great GM to me in the GOMHL and I'm sure you'll do well as Co in Kelowna
Thanks boo.

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

Would you rather fight 100 apple-sized New Jerseys or 1 New Jersey-sized apple?

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

what defines a bad apple

Congrats dude, looking forward to next season.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Congrats man, well deserved!

What are your personal goals for this season as a GM?

What made you apply for the Knights?

Will you be a good apple now?

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26

Congrats NJ! You were great GM to me in the GOMHL and I'm sure you'll do well as Co in Kelowna

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

Welcome aboard! Knights

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Updated to here

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

@Samee congrats

[Image: capybar22_600.png]

welcome to the team. now get me a 4 star.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

Welcome and Go Knights Knights!

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]