Create Account

Blizzard Make-A-Wish goes horribly wrong
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2019, 02:29 PM by Keygan.)

[Image: EDMB1.png]

Immediate press release from the front office of the Edmonton Blizzard

We are here today to discuss something of the utmost importance. We have realized in the hastiness of the draft yesterday a grave mistake.

Yesterday during the season 46 Simulation Hockey League draft the Edmonton Blizzard to grant a wish to the Make-A-Wish foundation, a young man by the name of Jacoby Dorky asked to be the General Manager for the day with his favourite team, the reigning Challenge Cup champion Edmonton Blizzard.

When the managers arrived to the table to meet Jacoby he was rather shy and nervous about the whole ordeal, but Connor Tanner, current Co-General Manager of the Blizzard reassured him.

“Honestly, I did not think it would be possible to mess up the draft process, all the kid had to do was bring a piece of paper up to the podium so the name could be announced.”

We did not realize how badly it could be messed up until the mix up happened.

When the Tampa Bay Barracuda’s 4th round pick came up, 50th overall we sent up Mr. Dorky with a draft sheet in hand, that name was intended to read “Karlstraße Scholz” and instead this kid decides to be cheeky and take his favourite player from the SMJHL, Taisei-Tiikeri Wawazat.

When we realized the blunder it was too late, the commissioner had announced the pick and we were heartbroken. We realize that T.T Wawazats dream was to become Mr. Irrelevant, and a selfish decision made by a member of Make-A-Wish ruined that for him, and in order to try and honour his wishes, we in Edmonton would like to name him Mr. Irrelevant.

The perks of carrying this name are as follows:

1. A coach fare ticket to Toronto where the Insignificantly Significant draftee will test drive  the latest offering from GM of Canada and participate in Crash safety testing in Toronto rush hour traffic.

2. A $25 dollar gift card to In-N-Out burger which he can re-gift to any member of the Minnesota Chiefs

3. The option to do ceremonial first puck drops at either SHL expansion teams last home game of the season in S46.

4. Throwing a live Barracuda on the ice at a Tampa Bay 'Cuda home game ..and a get outta jail free card after being arrested for the fish toss.

5. A short run of Insig/Sig signed customized sticks by a second rate stick manufacturer (TBD) these finely crafted sticks are to be given away at Charity auctions across the SHL as part of Hockey fights Cancer week.

6. A cameo appearance in an episode of "Pure" on WGN America  as a bearded Mennonite Gunman.

We realize while we can never give back what he wanted, we have to do everything in our power to ensure he feels comfortable with his new team.

Thank you,

[Image: signaturlm.png]

Connor Tanner,

Co-General Manager, Edmonton Blizzard.
[Image: EDMB1.png]

@Wawazat

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

I've always liked to think the make a wish program has done more harm than good. This is just another example on a long list of offenses they've made

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2019, 03:18 PM by caltroit_red_flames.)

I got involved in the Blizzard's make a wish project a little after it started thinking I was going to be doing some good. Now that I see the details of what happened and the outcome I fear we have derailed someone's last chance at happiness in life and ruined our own legacy. For shame @Keygan. You're one step away from a forced resignation.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]