Create Account

Calgary Dragons – Concept Logo

Hey guys I'm still alive, so I've been spit balling around with something at my job and it may or may not get published, but I thought this was a perfect thing I could repurpose with a few tweaks for this place as well since I think the Dragons have been using the same logo since around S5. Thoughts?

[Image: c4rvl6Y.jpg]

[Image: B3WHFND.jpg]

[Image: MjweWK1.jpg]

[Image: 2Lp7TF0.jpg]

[Image: 0tIFRXU.jpg]

[Image: fK58UP4.jpg]

[Image: eyM9Y3U.png]

[Image: 2gotrRl.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2019, 05:38 PM by Brandon.)

Also does this forum not resize oversized images? Jesus christ lmao

Although the smoke triangle above the nose adds to the dead space, the removal of that would actually create what looks like a "C" from the Dragon head and a "D" from the Yellow background.
This is so nice, I love this.

Brandon shows up. drops hammer. chuckles to himself.

02-18-2019, 05:44 PMkarey Wrote: Although the smoke triangle above the nose adds to the dead space, the removal of that would actually create what looks like a "C" from the Dragon head and a "D" from the Yellow background.
This is so nice, I love this.

Brandon shows up. drops hammer. chuckles to himself.

Yeah that triangle was exactly for filling dead space, that’s the one area I’ve been fiddling with to try and get right since the dead space there is a little awkward. It works well for the purpose it was originally created for Laughing

Could you try an upload without the triangle. I actually think the empty space in the background 1. makes the shape of a "D" which looks intentional, but also gives the effect of the dragon standing in front of the sun or yellow sky. The space isn't jarring from what I envision.

My shitty paint bucket attempt proves my suspicion that it looks better without the triangle.

[Image: VbRFwd3.png]

This shit is soooo tight. @Mike Izzy pay this man!

Damn, I love it. I’ll shoot this link over to the fellas to take a look.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2019, 09:16 PM by Lazyeye.)

Holy shit its brandon

what a logo btw! thats some good stuff

[Image: I3BTEQc.png][Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Heat

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

thats hella slick god damn

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

Hotness.

I usually don't like text on the logos but I feel like this one would be good to have underneath somehow

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Sick logo!

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

Thanks for the kind words guys Cheers Here's a reupload with that black triangle taken out

[Image: 0sVli4Z.jpg]

[Image: 5hj7cq0.jpg]

[Image: 8QBUZr9.jpg]

[Image: VrtdnaZ.jpg]

[Image: K8BBNBl.jpg]

[Image: NaDHiFi.jpg]

I don't see the letters that Karey does, but it is a simple and effective logo.

Not a fan of the yellow, though. White or gray would work better, imo. Or maybe a different shade of red?

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

02-19-2019, 11:52 AMArGarBarGar Wrote: I don't see the letters that Karey does, but it is a simple and effective logo.

Not a fan of the yellow, though. White or gray would work better, imo. Or maybe a different shade of red?

Like this, I think:

[Image: gVrojm9.png]

Really cool logo, Brandon

hey Brandon, this is original and authentic and nice and all but it's just not up to par, I hope you'll understand when Calgary decides to go in a different direction

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]