Create Account

Buffalo takes Vanderberg 51st to further Bromance with Darrow

Double Media Draft Bonus

Eric Vanderberg had a short wait at last years Junior draft being selected 17th, this time around he had to wait a little longer. "I had a few GMs calling me saying they were going to take me in the later rounds and just hold tight. So I was never really worried." Picked up 51st overall by Buffalo, Vanderberg recalls how he learned Buffalo was about to take him. "Cass [Cassius Darrow] came up to me with this huge grin which means either someone funny was about to go down or had gone down. He was holding a Stampede hat and threw it at me and said welcome to Buffalo. There's a picture of it somewhere, Cass throwing me the hat and my dopey grin." 

The Stampede, already a gifted Defensive team now have two of the Colorado Raptors' best young defensemen in Darrow and Vanderberg waiting in the wings. Both players already enjoy a close relationship, both are roommates living with the same billet families in Denver. Both are gifted two-way defensemen. While the next junior season is still a few weeks from reaching the preseason, rumors have been flying that both Darrow and Vanderberg will begin the season wearing letters on their chests.

"I love tearing up the J with Cass, I can't wait to move up to Buffalo together and rain a lot of hell down on the rest of the league"

Stampede

Stampede Stampede Stampede

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

All the love to my vanguard

[Image: Ushakov.png]