Create Account

Head Office Summary

I am definitely interested in a paid historian job and I’m sure my boy @"luketd" is interested in something like that too.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

02-22-2019, 11:54 PMBlastmeaway Wrote: I am definitely interested in a paid historian job and I’m sure my boy @"luketd" is interested in something like that too.

The best way to do the historian thing is to have a Historian Head, with people under him thats willing to either work as a group or individually work on restoring/making history easily available, as well as update the history of the site. I would also suggest contracting people(with deadlines and stuff) if a person has a specific thing they want to focus on.

Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

02-22-2019, 11:56 PMluketd Wrote:
02-22-2019, 11:54 PMBlastmeaway Wrote: I am definitely interested in a paid historian job and I’m sure my boy @"luketd" is interested in something like that too.

The best way to do the historian thing is to have a Historian Head, with people under him thats willing to either work as a group or individually work on restoring/making history easily available, as well as update the history of the site. I would also suggest contracting people(with deadlines and stuff) if a person has a specific thing they want to focus on.

Oh 100% I like what the NSFL is doing with their work on history. The league is only 13 seasons old and they’ve been working on their wiki pages for who knows how long. Including players getting TPE for creating their own players wiki page.

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.

I’d also like to see more use out of the output from STHS. There are areas of this that we aren’t using to our fullest ability and I am currently workin with @"luketd" on trying to make these a thing, as a side project

02-22-2019, 11:56 PMluketd Wrote:

That’s exactly what we’re hoping to do, it’s something we want to see in place sooner rather than later

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2019, 12:11 AM by Daco.)

02-22-2019, 11:17 PMDangles13 Wrote:
02-22-2019, 11:07 PMluketd Wrote: Ill just say as my 2 cents, if you take away the TPE from PBP's there wont be a lot of people doing them, unless you make the pay a lot

A lot of people don't seem to like them, the high view counts are attributed to people refreshing the thread waiting for the game link to get posted. However, a well put together thread can really add some excitement to a series.

Totally wrong you're listening to the vocal minority who are ruining it for everyone all you need as proof is to look at the WJC gold medal pbp how about you poll everyone there if they prefer a game link or that amazing pbp. Ludicrous that you let whiniest minority dictate and ruin fun for others a pbp has no negatives. People are refreshing to see the next post in the pbp lmao that's extremely obvious

[Image: S3zuZxo.png]
[Image: 10cjae8.png]

02-22-2019, 11:52 PMBlastmeaway Wrote:
02-22-2019, 11:09 PMSlashACM Wrote: Yeah PBPs for 8 tpe has seemed really fair for me. It's a pain in the ass but putting the tpe in your update is nice. Please don't ruin this HO

The easiest thing to point to is this past season with PbPs and IIHF PbPs. You couldn’t get people on board to even do some of them. Shit @Flareon did two.

Yup Campin ended up doing a fucking great one and all he got was a lousy 3 mil. I felt really bad. He's a champ about it

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

02-22-2019, 11:29 PMkit Wrote: Thanks for doing this dangles!

Do I get money since I suggested this and it’s implimented

We would have to pay a lot of people tbh. Keep the good ideas coming!

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

I haven't really seen a play by play that didn't have a ton of effort put into it. They aren't meant for the people who want the game link anyway, they are for the people who are really invested and have fun reacting to the game as "live" as it could possibly be. There's something magical about a play by play for a championship, even if you end up getting pulled in game 5 and lose the cup

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

02-23-2019, 12:07 AMDaco Wrote:
02-22-2019, 11:17 PMDangles13 Wrote: A lot of people don't seem to like them, the high view counts are attributed to people refreshing the thread waiting for the game link to get posted. However, a well put together thread can really add some excitement to a series.

Totally wrong you're listening to the vocal minority who are ruining it for everyone all you need as proof is to look at the WJC gold medal pbp how about you poll everyone there if they prefer a game link or that amazing pbp. Ludicrous that you let whiniest minority dictate and ruin fun for others a pbp has no negatives. People are refreshing to see the next post in the pbp lmao that's extremely obvious.

I wouldn't say it's the vocal minority, I've talked to a lot of people over my time here and many voice a displeasure in them. Whether it is the quality or the waiting for the game link or the fact that it differs from their normal, people find things they don't like.

There are people who do like them and that is why they have never been removed, our task is finding the right balance to please as many people as possible.

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2019, 12:21 AM by ArGarBarGar.)

Just let me run the historian section and hire people as necessary. Plz

The job really doesn't need a lot of HO oversight.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

02-23-2019, 12:21 AMArGarBarGar Wrote: Just let me run the historian section and hire people as necessary. Plz

Best app we have had yet.

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2019, 12:30 AM by DanbyRem.)

02-23-2019, 12:21 AMArGarBarGar Wrote: Just let me run the historian section and hire people as necessary. Plz

I agree with this

[Image: HjEFCSR.png]

Unsolicited feedback:

League historian is good idea.

Video rubric with more forethought is good idea.

Already writing my discipline committee application. Love judging debates.

Literally do not care what you do with PBPs as long as it isn't a dramatic increase in TPE. I know they're a lot of work for the people that do them but I do not do them, do not read them, and do not plan to start doing either.

Would need more details on archetype/update scale changes. I'm immediately worried about how that impacts existing players. But I'll wait for y'all to scratch that one out.

02-23-2019, 12:09 AMDangles13 Wrote:
02-22-2019, 11:29 PMkit Wrote: Thanks for doing this dangles!

Do I get money since I suggested this and it’s implimented

We would have to pay a lot of people tbh. Keep the good ideas coming!

Wasn’t that something that was implimented though?

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers