Create Account

Head Office Summary
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2019, 01:23 AM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

good job dangles  Cheers

just 1 note about PBP's...it finaly feels like their working for us of late... everyone can apply, its done through a lottery, there are incentives in place to do them well and those that applied but didnt get to do one can get tpe from filling out a form afterwoods... dont know why we would change that unlless we have a better option in place.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

I think bringing back the DC would be super helpful for the league. It would take one thing off the plate of HO and be especially helpful in scenarios we've seen in the past where who should offer a discipline fell into a gray area (i.e.: forum behavior violations by SMJHL players)

[Image: zdenkoberanek.gif]
Sigs by @enigmatic, @Geekusoid, @sve7en  and @Wasty 
Zach Evans
 | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

thank fuck bring back DC so you guys can actually focus on improving the site rather than babysitting ppl

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

@ people who want to get rid of the tpe reward for pbp, why?

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

I’ve only been here for a season but I found the PBP’s very hit or miss so I can see both sides of the argument. But the ones that I enjoyed were awesome so I wouldn’t want to lose those. I hope the tpe payout stays since it attracts people from what I can tell.

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

IMO The PBPs are not only bad because it sucks to wait an extra half a day or more to get the results, it's all a lottery who gets them, or like it was before that people who are available at 1 certain minute to claim a game. Having it as a paid position would probably be the best if we keep them. No TPE reward tho.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

PBPs are definitely hit or miss.

You get a really important game like the recent WJC Gold Medal game, with a super close final score of 3-2, and a great effort by @CampinKiller , then it's an amazing experience. But if that game was 4-0 or something, even with a great PBPer, no one will care. It's highly dependent on having a close score in the sim.

Completely understand why they scrapped 8 TPE per PBP, was way too much.

Former
SHL Head Commissioner S12ish-S27ish
GM Dragons S8 & S9 (Won cups both years)
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

SMJHL - Drafted 65th Overall by Raptors
SHL - Drafted 23rd Overall by Dragons

02-23-2019, 06:47 AMxDParK Wrote: PBPs are definitely hit or miss.

You get a really important game like the recent WJC Gold Medal game, with a super close final score of 3-2, and a great effort by @CampinKiller , then it's an amazing experience. But if that game was 4-0 or something, even with a great PBPer, no one will care. It's highly dependent on having a close score in the sim.

It still is 8 TPE for smjhl/SHL finals PBP AFAIK.
I don't ever have the time to do them and I've only read a couple, I agree with you here that the close games are much better suited for a PBP. 

Im honestly leaning towards not having PBPs for TPE at all. 

If we're spit balling maybe you could do style where any post game show style article regarding playoff games gives double pay or something similar, that way we still get the media about the games, lose the time constructions and opens up for more memebers to be engaged in games that doesn't concern their teams. 

It would also help rookies get engaged in SHL teams when they are down in the minors for 2-3 seasons. 

Also might be help someone who struggles to get extra money to pad thier accounts a little.

RETIRED

02-23-2019, 12:54 AMgrok Wrote: Literally do not care what you do with PBPs as long as it isn't a dramatic increase in TPE. I know they're a lot of work for the people that do them but I do not do them, do not read them, and do not plan to start doing either.

Don’t worry, an increase in PbP TPE is definitely not on the table.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2019, 09:38 AM by Avakael.)

02-23-2019, 06:47 AMxDParK Wrote: PBPs are definitely hit or miss.

There have also been some tournament/championship deciding games, in not distant past, handed to people who have turned in absolutely dismal efforts- people who were already known quantities for bad PBP efforts. These include a Challenge Cup deciding game and an IIHF Gold Medal game. These kinds of incidents switch people off PBPs for good.

PBPs, in my opinion, also deeply suck because the playoff indexes are usually not updated promptly to match where the public games are up to. When you're trying to write stats based stuff for championship week, that's a pain in the ass. If you want to follow the index in the finals so you can check who's leading the playoff medal/mvp races, that's a pain in the ass. If you just want to skip the PBPs entirely and wait to see the games update at the regular time, you're shit out of luck until a fortnight after it's all over. PBPs, even good ones, consistently get in the way of those of us who just want the normal, accurate information that we get for every other thing on this site, but not the most important games of all, because something just has to be stupid for the hell of it.

I wish the index would just get normal updates independently of wherever the PBPs are up to. If you want to follow the PBPs, follow the PBPs, not the index.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

Regression fix? Plz

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Honestly I think we have struck a good balance with PBPs, and with a potential 14 games on the table there is a decent chance for everyone to get one.

I would be somewhat disappointed if the finals was just "updated" with the final score and then reaction. The hits make up for the misses in the finals, in my opinion.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2019, 10:55 AM by Tomen.)

Why did you guys change the PbP payout in the first place while I was gone? I thought we had a good system way back which was 5 TPE baseline + a bonus if you did a goob job which was 1-3 TPE and/or money in the realm of 1-3m. 5 baseline + a possible bonus seems like a decent proposal if you wanna have more quality regarding PbP's. Like you already cut down regarding the TPE impact of it with only being able to do one.

PbP's will always be hit or miss just give people an incentive to make a good one/ put more effort into it and reward them for it fairly. Just giving them 3m flat seems way too low.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2019, 11:10 AM by Dangles13.)

02-23-2019, 10:05 AMWannabeFinn Wrote: Regression fix? Plz

That is tied into the Archetype/update scale/TPE inflation stuff we will look at. Sort of audit the system top to bottom and see what we need to do.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

People who want to remove tpe from PBPs:

Who hurt you?

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]