Create Account

Head Office Summary
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2019, 10:18 PM by Daco.)

Omfg I'm horrible at double posting

[Image: S3zuZxo.png]
[Image: 10cjae8.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2019, 10:17 PM by Daco.)

02-23-2019, 08:34 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: I haven't really done many PbP's lately but when I last did, it felt like the incentives were a bit off. Like, you could do the most engaging TPE and well-written PBP ever but if you didn't include some silly gifs or pics, you would get docked points. On the other hand I quite regularly saw people phoning it in with really boring PBPs, but they met all the formal requirements and therefore got the max payout. Not sure if it still works that way, but that's what I remember from a few seasons back.

Ultimately, people have different styles and different preferences and I think PBPs are one area where this discrepancy can be particularly big. Some like the more "storytelling" style PBPs with long pre-written write-ups and relatively few posts per period, whereas others prefer the more action-style, color-commentary PBPs with many short posts and I think both approaches are valid. We should have a grading system that can account for these different styles, so probably a rather flexible one with not too many formal requirements, but a relatively strong "manual" grading component where the grader judges if the person doing the PBP has actually put in any effort or just copied stuff out of the boxscore. I'm fine with PBPs paying a lot as long as they are good, so I think our grading scale should reflect that. Make it possible to earn 6-8 TPE but don't make it guaranteed, so weaker PBPs only pay 3-5 TPE. Which is still a really good payout since its TPE that moster other people won't be able to get at all.

Great post dude there is an art to pbps that lies more in getting the right graders. You have the right idea

[Image: S3zuZxo.png]
[Image: 10cjae8.png]

02-23-2019, 08:34 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: I haven't really done many PbP's lately but when I last did, it felt like the incentives were a bit off. Like, you could do the most engaging TPE and well-written PBP ever but if you didn't include some silly gifs or pics, you would get docked points. On the other hand I quite regularly saw people phoning it in with really boring PBPs, but they met all the formal requirements and therefore got the max payout. Not sure if it still works that way, but that's what I remember from a few seasons back.

Ultimately, people have different styles and different preferences and I think PBPs are one area where this discrepancy can be particularly big. Some like the more "storytelling" style PBPs with long pre-written write-ups and relatively few posts per period, whereas others prefer the more action-style, color-commentary PBPs with many short posts and I think both approaches are valid. We should have a grading system that can account for these different styles, so probably a rather flexible one with not too many formal requirements, but a relatively strong "manual" grading component where the grader judges if the person doing the PBP has actually put in any effort or just copied stuff out of the boxscore. I'm fine with PBPs paying a lot as long as they are good, so I think our grading scale should reflect that. Make it possible to earn 6-8 TPE but don't make it guaranteed, so weaker PBPs only pay 3-5 TPE. Which is still a really good payout since its TPE that moster other people won't be able to get at all.

That could be the best way to go if we want to keep TPE payouts.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

I'll throw my 2 cent in on PBP. I'm not a fan of them personally but I don't want them to go away for those that like them. I just want a way to view the index or scores where I can easily look at stats and the entire game without scrolling through a million comments. I think a good compromise would be to have the Game link posted in a separate thread at the same time as the PBP goes live. This way those who are invested in the PBP can do their thing and people who just want the normal can see what they want. I would also add a pre-active disciplinary action for anyone who posts in the PBP and spoils people in it.( I would go with something like 10 game suspension or 8M fine). This should make it less likely that someone will be the bad apple.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

I like the PbP, but I noticed also a huge difference in quality. I guess if it's a paid job, by proven reporters it will be a good thing for the overall quality, but I think it will be too time consuming for the select few to do them (assuming they aren't hiring 10 PnP reporters). So I would like to keep it the way it is.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

because of PbPs

if we havent enough games to spent this unknown amount of TPE I could see a brawl! all they want this TPE and also love to do PbPs they will fight for this chance! We also have their a problem in a world wide league like the SHL .... which team the claimings will be open? North America? Europe? Asia? Hawaii? and so on! I really dont see any fair result of that in my opinion!

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

Nice summary.

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies