Create Account

Kelowna HOF Ceremony
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2019, 01:51 PM by NJBadApple.)

Live from Prospera Place, welcome everyone to the Kelowna Knights HOF Ceremony!

It's the distinct honor of @Zoone16 and myself to welcome everyone to the Kelowna Knights HOF Ceremony. This occasion has been long overdue, running in excess of 25 seasons since the organization has brought to light some of the best players in this franchise's history. Today we will be honoring several players in a number of different ways. Without further adieu, let's jump right into the exhibits.

For as long as Kelowna has been a franchise, there have been retired numbers. Including today, there are a total of 25 players that have had their numbers hung for eternity. However, that changes today. After long discussions between both GM's and consulting a couple previous GM's of the Knights, we've decided to restructure the retired numbers.

Many hours of research had concluded that many of the numbers that had been retired belonged to players that, despite best efforts, just didn't have excellent careers in Kelowna. However, something we found in common with all 25 players was that they were all tremendous leaders within our community & went on to have wildly successful careers at the SHL level and, sometimes, even other teams at the SMJHL level. We wanted to build a Hall of Fame to recognize players that had incredible seasons with Kelowna, statistics wise, but still honor those that were valuable for our community & LR's alike.

Ladies and gentlemen, it is our distinct honor of presenting the Kelowna Knights Ring of Honor!

[Image: ROH-MASS-LIST.png]

All of these players & respective builders have had a unique hand in shaping Kelowna and the SHL into what it is today, and for that we thank you.

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2019, 01:51 PM by NJBadApple.)

But what about the Hall of Fame?

The HOF has always been a revered part of the league, something every player to some degree will always and has always strived for. Today, we establish the HOF for Kelowna with a selected group of 10 individuals whom, over the course of the franchise's history, have come & go with the complete package.

These are seasoned members, who excel not only at building an elite player within STHS, but have also evolved into consistent leaders in our small but thriving community. Some of these members may no longer be around while some see the forums & discord on a daily basis, these are the people that instantly recognized & respected league-wide. I think I speak for @Zoone16 when I say each one of these selections was a clear-cut no brainer.

==========================================================

Our first inductee made his inaugural appearance for the Knights in S23. He began his career like most do, as a bottom six forward, but over the course of the next two seasons exploded for 102 points in as many games, with 116 hits to boot. Over those two seasons, he led the Knights to multiple playoff appearances. He amassed several individual awards & went on to the SHL to win five more championships and two MVP awards. There's no better first entry, welcome to the hall..

RANDY RANDLEMAN!
@Ballerstorm
[Image: RANDLEMAN.png]

Continuing with obvious legends, our first female of the HOF class has a long-standing history with the Knights. She joined the team's blueline in S27 as a FA and spent the next three seasons terrorizing opponents. She immediately made an impact, winning the team's Unsung Hero award in her rookie season. Afterwards, she established her physical and 'take-no-shit' presence for the following 150 games. Spending her entire SHL career with the Wolfpack & receiving too many accolades to count, ON TOP OF being a prior GM here... she is an obvious choice. Welcome to the hall...

MIA LANDVIK!
@Jenny
[Image: LANDVIK.png]

The next inductee is our only defender of the class, making his presence felt on the Knight's blueline in S19 and S20. He made an immediate impact, driving home 35 points in just 40 games during his rookie season, with a myriad of other supporting statistics. During his short two-season tenure, he was nearly a PPG defender, amassing over 100PIMS and blocked shots. Otherwise, he was an incredible mentor for several Kelowna players enroute to multiple Four Star Cups. Welcome to the hall...

BARNEY STINSON!
@Narconis
[Image: STINSON.png]

Next up, we have a forward who completely dominated the SMJHL enroute to the S21 Four Star Championship. He entered the pro league for the S20 campaign, where he saw low minutes generating just 19 points in 40 games. He followed this performance with an earth-shattering 55 points in 40 games, leading the entire league & cleaning house at the S21 Award Show. Without him, the Knights would not have won it all that season. Welcome to the hall...

SEAN LEONIDAS!
@Leo Senpai
[Image: LEONIDAS.png]

It's not often when a goaltender finds his way into the HOF, but this one is more than deserving. During his two seasons in the J, he backstopped the Knights through back-to-back Four Star Championships, winning Goaltender of the Year during S22 and coming 2nd place in voting for S21. He was nominated for number of other awards, including Playoff MVP, Top TPE Earner, League MVP, etc. He went an incredible 38-15-4 during his time in Kelowna, followed by a lengthy career in Toronto. Welcome to the hall...

MARK HARTER!
@Mark H
[Image: HARTER.png]

Four seasons is a rare sight to see a player in the SMJHL, much less an active one. The next forward on our list spent 200 games with the Knights before getting the call to SHL. He amassed 127 points and 277 PIMS during that time, setting a remarkable tone for the remainder of his career. He is one of the few players in Kelowna's history to record two Four Star cups, and has since grown into one of the most respected members & successful players in the league. Welcome to the hall...

VASILY HORVAT!
@Slowpoke
[Image: HORVAT.png]

Do you think four seasons was a long time? Our next inductee spent a blistering five - yes, 5 - seasons in the SMJHL before finishing his long trek to the SHL with West Kendall. Having also spent time with the Falcons, he was still able to make an incredible impact with the Knights, suiting up for 150 games and totaling 130 points... and claiming title as all-time goal leader for Kelowna with 61. Already considered one of the all-time greats for us, it's about time. Welcome to the hall...

JOHN LANGABEER JR!
@jjlangabeer
[Image: LANGABEERJR.png]

It's often considered respect to wait a long period of time to induct someone into the HOF, but as the case with our last player, the same will follow suit with this one. This high-octane forward spent three seasons with the Knights, claiming his stake immediately with back-to-back championships. In 150 games, he wagered 124 points including an award-winning 59 point campaign during Season 33. He's already established himself as an elite winger in the SHL with great upside. Welcome to the hall...

CORY KNOUSE!
@ckroyal92
[Image: KNOUSE.png]

The next-to-last inductee has since gone inactive, but their level of play & statistics while in Kelowna are just too much to ignore. They spent an incredible four seasons with the Knights, collecting 188 points in 200 games which would claim the record for most points in franchise history. She won several awards in the SMJHL and led the team to four playoff appearances, including two Four Star Championships. Their SHL career never followed suit, but she was an absolute nightmare in juniors. Welcome to the hall...

CARA HOHENBERG!
@psocoptera
[Image: HOHENBERG.png]

Our final player has also gone inactive, but like the ones before him, an everlasting mark was made on the franchise because of their efforts. He played just two seasons for the Knights, collecting 79 points in 80 games during Seasons 22 and 23. He played a depth role during the championship victory in his rookie season, then exploded as an offensive force during his second & final year, driving Kelowna to the playoffs yet again. He spent the majority of his SHL career with Seattle, emerging as one of the best in the game. Welcome to the hall...

DAVID BENSON!
@GoodLeftUndone
[Image: BENSON.png]

It's a rare occasion when members are inducted as builders of a franchise, and here we have two prime candidates. They took over the Kelowna Knights in time for the big S30 SMJHL Draft. Together, they fostered a friendly atmosphere at the time when Discord took a bigger place on the boards. They learned their way through STHS and quickly became more than General Managers for the team. They became mentors. Winning the cup in S31 and S32 as well as narrowly losing the threepeat by a single game in S33. It is no coincidence they would go on to be voted Top GMs those 3 seasons, and they emerged with an incredible run through six seasons at the helm, with a total record of 195-121-34. It is through the amount of great talent they fostered from S30 to S36 that they should be recognized. From star players, to coaches, to the following generations of General Managers that passed through the Knights organization, we thank you. Welcome to the hall...

EJ27 & JENNY!
@ej27 , @Jenny
[Image: EJ-JENNY.png]

This concludes the ceremony, thank you for reading & Go Knights!

Code:
Words: 1,500+

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

Updated, and congrats to everyone!

Knights Knights Knights

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2019, 02:05 PM by JNH.)

Amazing that no pre-S19/20 players managed to make it into the HOF. S1-18 truly a terrible era in SHL history.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

03-09-2019, 02:05 PMJNH Wrote: Amazing that no pre-S19/20 players managed to make it into the HOF. S1-18 truly a terrible era in SHL history.

It took many hours of research to conclude this

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

Thanks guys. Really honored. Heart

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

linna and dominique GOAT captains, snubbed af. landvik a scrub.

thank u tho

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates

Please change the name of the Discord channel "#twilsandbilbsdatingtips" to "#bilbsbrokenheart," ty. But I'm glad the others were recognized. Does this mean you don't want Dieter's waffle maker anymore?

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany

03-09-2019, 04:01 PMbilbo Wrote: Please change the name of the Discord channel "#twilsandbilbsdatingtips" to "#bilbsbrokenheart," ty. But I'm glad the others were recognized. Does this mean you don't want Dieter's waffle maker anymore?

oooooor we end up with another batch for next season? :eyes:

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

None of the guys from the three peat if I'm not mistaken?

[Image: dEKENS.png]

3 time Four Star Cup Champion S40-S42
S43 Jesster Trophy Nominee Winner

Scored my first SHL goal in just my second SHL game. 2. Manhattan Rage , James Dekens 1 (Mikael Talo 1, Sigurd Hansen 1) at 18:39

03-09-2019, 04:28 PMmonkey10pts Wrote: None of the guys from the three peat if I'm not mistaken?

there are about 3 actives left from those teams

[Image: 3.png]

03-09-2019, 04:28 PMmonkey10pts Wrote: None of the guys from the three peat if I'm not mistaken?

We looked at players from before the three-peat. S39 was the cutoff season.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

03-09-2019, 04:59 PMZoone16 Wrote:

We looked at players from before the three-peat. S39 was the cutoff season.

03-09-2019, 04:36 PMJSS Wrote:

there are about 3 actives left from those teams

Ahh I feel you guys.

[Image: dEKENS.png]

3 time Four Star Cup Champion S40-S42
S43 Jesster Trophy Nominee Winner

Scored my first SHL goal in just my second SHL game. 2. Manhattan Rage , James Dekens 1 (Mikael Talo 1, Sigurd Hansen 1) at 18:39
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2019, 12:16 AM by XLeafer.)

Congrats to all! Leafer Rielly was a scrub.

[Image: giphy.gif]

03-09-2019, 04:14 PMZoone16 Wrote:
03-09-2019, 04:01 PMbilbo Wrote: Please change the name of the Discord channel "#twilsandbilbsdatingtips" to "#bilbsbrokenheart," ty. But I'm glad the others were recognized. Does this mean you don't want Dieter's waffle maker anymore?

oooooor we end up with another batch for next season? :eyes:

:eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany