Create Account

Vanderberg rallies support for Colorado after win in St. Louis
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2019, 10:38 PM by Vandy.)

Vanderberg rallies support for Colorado after win against St. Louis
By Louis Arnold
Denver Post

After last night's 4-1 victory against St. Louis, Raptors Defenseman Eric Vanderberg took to SportsTalk 99.5 in a post game interview to rally support for his teammates. 

"Its definitely been a tough year but we thrive on a challenge. Just about everyone in our locker room knows whats at stake and the cost that has to be paid out to reach the Four Star Cup finals. All of us from Nick [Brain] and Cass [Darrow] to myself, KK [Knute Knurtsson], were not happy with being behind the eight ball but we don't go out asking for trades because you're on the second line." 

When asked by the hosts of SportsTalk whether that had anything to do with Colorado Raptors C Michael Scarn, Vanderberg did not hold back. 

"Mike's a good player, but his behavior leaves a lot to be desired as a teammate. The situation in Colorado sucks, it does. We aren't where we want to be but instead of working it out, instead of mentoring our young guys, instead of working to better our situation in Colorado, goes and asks for a trade. This is the stuff you keep in the locker room. You vent, you work this shit out. Instead this guy goes out and says it will be bittersweet time and time for a new start. After one season. Time for a new start. Its clear he never had Colorado's and the boys interests in mind, its all about him. If he ever goes up to Winnipeg, his nose is so high in the sky with what he thinks he will bring to the table they'll never get him to look down at ice level."

The interview also touched briefly on whether or not he believes he will be a Colorado Raptor next season or will he potentially join teammate and friend, Colorado Raptors Captain Cassius Darrow on Buffalo's stacked blueline. 

"Cass said it best yesterday. I am a Colorado Raptor and I want to remain a Raptor. I don't want to be traded and the only way I wanna leave Colorado is if I am called up. I want to be a Raptor for life. I believe in my team and my teammates and I want to win a Four Star Cup with them. We can win it all. We shocked the league last playoffs and we can do it again."

Vanderberg currently sits second on the team's blueline in scoring, blocked shots and minutes played only trailing Cass Darrow. The Raptors will take on Lethbridge in Alberta tomorrow night.

Knute is the one in the Pride not Scarn. Scarn plays for Winnipeg.

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of John Torrance: Advisor to the General Manager - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of Anatoli Terrorov: Head Coach - Colorado Raptors

Nick Brain Player Profile: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91326
Nick Brain Update Thread: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91332

Yay get that $$$ Vandy!!

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

03-14-2019, 09:39 PMStadiumGambler Wrote: Knute is the one in the Pride not Scarn. Scarn plays for Winnipeg.

Thx bby, I was looking between articles <3

Raptors

[Image: knute.jpg]