Create Account

WFT's: Make the Case (S46)

After 7 seasons straight of missing the playoffs, the Manhattan Rage move into the S46 post season as 1 of the favorites to win a title.

For.

The Manhattan Rage have one of the deepest teams in the entire league. They may not have a Minny one line super team, but playoffs are an entirely different beast. The Rage will be a formidable opponent wherever you get them in the playoffs and they can't be one to be underestimated. Rage are here to stay, and this is just the first of many runs at the Challenge Cup.

[Image: dEKENS.png]

3 time Four Star Cup Champion S40-S42
S43 Jesster Trophy Nominee Winner

Scored my first SHL goal in just my second SHL game. 2. Manhattan Rage , James Dekens 1 (Mikael Talo 1, Sigurd Hansen 1) at 18:39

03-24-2019, 09:43 AMztevans Wrote:
03-24-2019, 07:41 AMkarey Wrote:
Code:
Minnesota Chiefs Terrance Nova, Bobby Watson and Dick Skillstedt were the greatest line is SHL history

DISAGREE
I think the misnomer for point accumulation makes it look statistically plausible that this line be the best in history, and I agree from that perspective, yes they have been the most effective at scoring, however, Terrance Nova has had a recent history of generating points and making his teammates better (think last seasons playoffs record point pace).

I don't think it's the line being dominant. I think it's @sarmo

A bit of a non-sequitur, but it's actually pretty wild to think about, in general, the level of talent in the league over the past ~10 seasons.  Nova has been such a great player and has just a couple of All-Star teams to show for it.  Chris York was unquestionably a top-five player in the league for four straight seasons and didn't win an MVP.  We could go on and on.

York's success is remarkable considering how quick the turnaround is for a players prime in the simulation.

It's easy to have 4 good seasons, but to have 4 MVP caliber seasons concurrently is commendable. Individual awards are an issue with our league and legacy dependant on those metrics arent as accurate.

I think nominations should have more weight than they currently have than just the awards. Nova and York are/were perennial MVP nominated players, however that isn't represented in their trophy case.

1st year franchise, the New Orleans Specters are the team to beat in the Western Division playoffs

FOR:

The Specters have been quite a team to play on and watch this season. They led the Southwest division and are second in the West. They will be a force to reckon with in the playoffs.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

03-23-2019, 11:13 PMztevans Wrote:
03-23-2019, 02:21 PMbluesfan55 Wrote: Agreed.
I thought I missed out a line like Kane, Sarantez, and Koroviev, and I’d argue that that Visser-Bears (who I drew with in my only SHL fight)-Volkova is a top-3 of all time line as well. Also, thanks for pointing out that that line, in fact, did not exist. Those Winnipeg teams were so talented that I forgot who played on what line.

If it makes you feel better, I definitely thought the Visser-Bearss-Volkova line was a thing for like six seasons before I looked back for this PT and saw it was really only a two, *maybe* three season deal.

The fact that it only existed for 2-3 seasons makes it even more insane considering the talent all 3 had (or currently have). There's totally a small sample size for that, but I really think they could be the best line in SHL history.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2019, 11:44 AM by sarmo.)

03-24-2019, 03:33 AMBoomcheck Wrote: That line carried your defense, huh? How about this.

They were LITERALLY your defense. You even had Watson on the PK defense. Not quite sure I have seen those top line teams literally playing defense. Just admit it, the Chiefs just shoved the highest TPE player they could out there regardless of position. You didn't trust your defense. It's not even a matter of a 'depleted defense'. You literally didn't even let a single one onto the top PP either. How these guys going to perform when they not even put in the position to succeed?

Chiefs are 0-2 vs. me and Tampa this season.

Your glorious line combined for a -9, each player being -3. TOGETHER they combined for 1 goal, only 1. I produced 15 shots on them and scored 3 goals, coming out with a +3. First star and second star in those games. In one of those games they were LITERALLY ON THE ICE FOR OVER 28 MINUTES EACH, HALF THE DAMN GAME AND I STILL SMACKED THEM SILLY.  Y'all legit got trashed by me.

If you earnestly think this the top line in SHL history, cool. I can say I man handled the greatest line ever assembled.

Other teams lines that end up being top 10 in minutes played
Chiefs (S45)
Chiefs (S32)

I went back like 20 season (S27 Index and before busted so I can't check lines), but congratulations. All three times when a forward line logs top 10 in minutes played leaguewide ARE THE CHIEFS! W T F. Most of the times when teams got a bunch of forwards up in the top 10 it involved a second center, the Chiefs are the only franchise from S28-S46 to play their top line top 10 in mins.

A) Watson was 2nd among forwards on the index leaderboards in blocked shots? Our players have roles and one of Watsons roles is to play on the PK, we give our stars the minutes because they can handle it and no one complains cuz the stars perform. All 3 guys were given roles they can handle which shows the responsibility of these 3 players and makes an even stronger case for them because of their success within these minutes. All our active defensemen see big minutes so that argument is foolish. Wozy and pelletier saw first PP line minutes so they can play above 23 mpg and our 2nd defense line( who were also our only active defenders at the time) already play at 25 mpg and both had very successful seasons but good try.

B) congrats, I'm glad you feel a sense of accomplishment against the league's top line. Do it in a 7 game series when coach actually cares about adjustments.

C) your saltiness towards the Chiefs is pretty exaggerated. There are plenty of times teams had their best players in the top 10. S33, s37, s42 etc the only reason it's not always 3 guys from the same line is because teams usually split their 3rd highest minute guy onto the 2nd line unlike us who completely stack the top line.

Doubt is a dream killer

Code:
Minnesota Chiefs Terrance Nova, Bobby Watson and Dick Skillstedt were the greatest line is SHL history

DISAGREE
I think the misnomer for point accumulation makes it look statistically plausible that this line be the best in history, and I agree from that perspective, yes they have been the most effective at scoring, however, Terrance Nova has had a recent history of generating points and making his teammates better (think last seasons playoffs record point pace).

A bit of a non-sequitur, but it's actually pretty wild to think about, in general, the level of talent in the league over the past ~10 seasons.  Nova has been such a great player and has just a couple of All-Star teams to show for it.  Chris York was unquestionably a top-five player in the league for four straight seasons and didn't win an MVP.  We could go on and on.

How about the Chiefs 4th line nolan, slaughter and mcgrizzley? Top 4 in PP/20, sitting in front of Nova Watson and skilsted with a commanding point per, true mvp line that was slept on and overshadowed by the Chiefs top line because of minutes. Poor guys how will they get over this snub by the pesky top line meddling with minutes and being efficient

Doubt is a dream killer
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2019, 12:48 PM by Baelor Swift.)

03-24-2019, 03:33 AMBoomcheck Wrote: Other teams lines that end up being top 10 in minutes played
Chiefs (S45)
Chiefs (S32)

I went back like 20 season (S27 Index and before busted so I can't check lines), but congratulations. All three times when a forward line logs top 10 in minutes played leaguewide ARE THE CHIEFS! W T F. Most of the times when teams got a bunch of forwards up in the top 10 it involved a second center, the Chiefs are the only franchise from S28-S46 to play their top line top 10 in mins.

Maybe instead of complaining about something that is completely legal, realize you're saying this about a franchise that has proven you don't need to tank and dish off core players to have long-term success. Should Minnesota just rebuild every time it can't roll a full three lines? I think we've proven it's not necessary and it's paid of with success and immense amounts of two-way loyalty. We currently have THREE recreates on the team (drafted by the team as well) who played the vast majority of their first players' careers with the Chiefs. A fourth who is now Co-GM who played the last couple seasons of his career with the Chiefs before being drafted with his recreate. The Chiefs have been around for 41 seasons now. Of the nine players who played at least 500 games with the team ever, six have played 500+ games with the team in the period between Season 32 and now (15 seasons) and all but one was drafted by the team. So maybe take a step back and think about the situation in Minnesota... that what you are seeing is actually the result of a franchise that is extremely strong and stable and hasn't missed the playoffs in consecutive seasons since Seasons 19-21 and since Season 32, have made the playoffs 12 times in 15 seasons and have advanced past the first round six times in the past ten playoffs.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2019, 01:01 PM by hewasajazzman.)

- After 7 seasons straight of missing the playoffs, the Manhattan Rage move into the S46 post season as 1 of the favorites to win a title.

FOR

the rage do have a shot at a title but i think what makes them a favorite is more the “story” behind it all. its hard not to root for the underdog especially when they’ve been just that for so long. between that and New Orleans coming in from expansion, i think theres a good shot at this being a surprising championship.

After 7 seasons straight of missing the playoffs, the Manhattan Rage move into the S46 post season as 1 of the favorites to win a title.

Disagree.

The Rage have a very promising young team and have had a great regular season, surpassing expectations. But I don't think they quite have what it takes yet to win gruelling 7 game series' against the leagues strongest teams. Could they sneak a first round series win? Maybe. Are they genuine contenders? I don't believe so. Not yet at least.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

For, these guys are for real. A rag tag group of misfit castaways. They've gelled together and are going to prove their former teams' wrong.

03-24-2019, 01:26 PMJT3 Wrote: After 7 seasons straight of missing the playoffs, the Manhattan Rage move into the S46 post season as 1 of the favorites to win a title.

Disagree.

The Rage have a very promising young team and have had a great regular season, surpassing expectations. But I don't think they quite have what it takes yet to win gruelling 7 game series' against the leagues strongest teams. Could they sneak a first round series win? Maybe. Are they genuine contenders? I don't believe so. Not yet at least.

Agreed. There are at least 4 better teams than the Rage that made the playoffs (NOLA, Minny, Hamilton, Toronto), so I can't see them winning the cup this year as favorites.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Code:

DISAGREE

welcome to the SHL where your performance in the sim will literally not get you an award based solely on performance in the sim :thumbsup:

Calgary clinching a last-second playoff spot over Texas is quite a shock. Reason 1, Texas should be better. I thought they were going to challenge for the cup this year after what they did last season. Reason 2, as an Edmontonian I know Calgary sucks in every sense of the word. I don't know how they managed to not finish dead last in the league let alone make the playoffs. Those cheques being cleared by head office must have a lot of 0s on them.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2019, 03:48 PM by Boomcheck.)

03-24-2019, 11:38 AMsarmo Wrote:
03-24-2019, 03:33 AMBoomcheck Wrote: That line carried your defense, huh? How about this.

They were LITERALLY your defense. You even had Watson on the PK defense. Not quite sure I have seen those top line teams literally playing defense. Just admit it, the Chiefs just shoved the highest TPE player they could out there regardless of position. You didn't trust your defense. It's not even a matter of a 'depleted defense'. You literally didn't even let a single one onto the top PP either. How these guys going to perform when they not even put in the position to succeed?

Chiefs are 0-2 vs. me and Tampa this season.

Your glorious line combined for a -9, each player being -3. TOGETHER they combined for 1 goal, only 1. I produced 15 shots on them and scored 3 goals, coming out with a +3. First star and second star in those games. In one of those games they were LITERALLY ON THE ICE FOR OVER 28 MINUTES EACH, HALF THE DAMN GAME AND I STILL SMACKED THEM SILLY.  Y'all legit got trashed by me.

If you earnestly think this the top line in SHL history, cool. I can say I man handled the greatest line ever assembled.

Other teams lines that end up being top 10 in minutes played
Chiefs (S45)
Chiefs (S32)

A) Watson was 2nd among forwards on the index leaderboards in blocked shots? Our players have roles and one of Watsons roles is to play on the PK, we give our stars the minutes because they can handle it and no one complains cuz the stars perform. All 3 guys were given roles they can handle which shows the responsibility of these 3 players and makes an even stronger case for them because of their success within these minutes. All our active defensemen see big minutes so that argument is foolish. Wozy and pelletier saw first PP line minutes so they can play above 23 mpg and our 2nd defense line( who were also our only active defenders at the time) already play at 25 mpg and both had very successful seasons but good try.

B) congrats, I'm glad you feel a sense of accomplishment against the league's top line. Do it in a 7 game series when coach actually cares about adjustments.

C) your saltiness towards the Chiefs is pretty exaggerated. There are plenty of times teams had their best players in the top 10. S33, s37, s42 etc the only reason it's not always 3 guys from the same line is because teams usually split their 3rd highest minute guy onto the 2nd line unlike us who completely stack the top line.

A) Why are you playing a forward on PK defense? You are literally intending to TPE wall your lines. Are you taking bride in Watson's shots blocked? Because I disregard them entirely. He is not second among forwards in blocked shots because he as literally a defenseman on the PK. All active defensemen see big minutes? Does quality not matter? They hardly get to play with 'the best line' on the PP. You literally had 5 forwards on your first PP unit, which is why they saw those minutes. In fact when you rank PP minutes there's 6 forwards before a defenseman appears. A few other teams have that disparity, but the Chiefs are the only one that has the difference at OVER 20 MINUTES.

B) Bring it. If I could choose which team I wanted to face in a 7 game series round one for easiest competition? It's this season's Minnesota Chiefs.

C) Not sure what your response is tbh, it seems to be proving my point. Look. This isn't illegal. You're within your rights, but I do have a case that you toss your guys all over the ice in an abuse of durability/endurance. I posted the Jets line who were before in offensive efficiency, playing less minutes and Visser still outscored y'all. Bearss, his winger, performed better than any of the Chiefs forwards.

03-24-2019, 12:48 PMBaelor Swift Wrote: Maybe instead of complaining about something that is completely legal, realize you're saying this about a franchise that has proven you don't need to tank and dish off core players to have long-term success. Should Minnesota just rebuild every time it can't roll a full three lines? I think we've proven it's not necessary and it's paid of with success and immense amounts of two-way loyalty. We currently have THREE recreates on the team (drafted by the team as well) who played the vast majority of their first players' careers with the Chiefs. A fourth who is now Co-GM who played the last couple seasons of his career with the Chiefs before being drafted with his recreate. The Chiefs have been around for 41 seasons now. Of the nine players who played at least 500 games with the team ever, six have played 500+ games with the team in the period between Season 32 and now (15 seasons) and all but one was drafted by the team. So maybe take a step back and think about the situation in Minnesota... that what you are seeing is actually the result of a franchise that is extremely strong and stable and hasn't missed the playoffs in consecutive seasons since Seasons 19-21 and since Season 32, have made the playoffs 12 times in 15 seasons and have advanced past the first round six times in the past ten playoffs.

Yeah, it's legal. You're not breaking any rules.

Doesn't mean I believe them to be the best line in SHL history. I have never made a simple finesse player so maybe my views are slanted that way but ...

I simply am not in favor of a forward playing on the PK defense if they do not have defense as a strength.
I am fine with forwards playing on the PP, we see it in hockey a lot these days and I saw the Devils use Kovalchuk in that role all the time. I just don't appreciate the 5 forward unit on the PP, and the Chiefs aren't the only team to do this so I don't mean to just batter Minnesota here. It's just the topic of conversation came up regarding this 'Greatest line ever' thing.

I believe in some tactical variance and shifting things around, but I feel teams in the league are taking too much liberty with injuries being off. As of now, no rules have been broken but I think the league should take a closer look at this.

Not quite sure why you're bringing up the Chiefs history to me. They're one of my favorite franchises, the only cup i've won is with them in S10.

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

Scoring in the juniors is way down this year due to all the top level talent leaving to the SHL this season.

Against.

Let's be clear, the SMJHL lost a heap of elite talent to the SHL in S46, but there was only a difference of -105 goals between S45 and S46. That's not that much at all in the grand scheme of things. To place that lack of scoring solely on the shoulders of call-ups is very easy, but there are a variety of factors. Sometimes, scoring just goes down. Furthermore, the amount of shots taken was down in S46 compared to S45, surely if the lack of scoring was due to elite talent leaving, more shots would be taken due to less talented defensemen? Either way, the argument is asinine and it's important to consider that multiple variables effect scoring at the junior level.

[Image: H5SPYp4.png]

[Image: pxO2PYw.png] [Image: q95r3bg.png]
[Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]